Pakistan (92/3) defeat New Zealand (90/10) by 7 wickets in the 2nd T20I to go 1-0 up in the 5-match T20I series

FearlessRoar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Simple target of 91.

Let's see how quickly we get to it - apart from that, not much in this game!

DGPw3Un.png

=======

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I'm Babar, Rizwan doesn't bat today. We know what he brings to the table and if a wicket falls, it seems wasteful if he comes out to bad and chase the score down taking his time. Usman Khan should come at 3 with Irfan at 4 if needed. Hopefully, we won't be losing that many wickets though. But Rizwan absolutely does not need to bad today

Simple target of 91.

Let's see how quickly we get to it - apart from that, not much in this game!

DGPw3Un.png

=======

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.
Bro that was the quickest 1st innings thread I've ever seen 😂.

If I'm Babar, Rizwan doesn't bat today. We know what he brings to the table and if a wicket falls, it seems wasteful if he comes out to bad and chase the score down taking his time. Usman Khan should come at 3 with Irfan at 4 if needed. Hopefully, we won't be losing that many wickets though. But Rizwan absolutely does not need to bad today
Nope, Babar will open lol.

Babar should bat with saim if that’s the opening partnership we’re going with.

I think Rizwan doesn’t necessarily need to bat today. Usman for sure should come ahead at 3.

Both Babar and Rizwan should not come out to bat unless its 5-6 down. Should give chances to Saim and Usman on the top. But Babar will only care about his personal milestone.

if Babar & co are serious , they should look to chase this down in 12 overs even if they lose 4-5 wickets

I think Rizwan doesn’t necessarily need to bat today. Usman for sure should come ahead at 3.
Whoever opens or doesn't, isn't gonna really matter. Score is not worth any practise lol.

Pakistan should have just chosen to bat first knowing full well its a club team and unless Chapman or neesham fire, the whole team will be bowled out quickly in every game

Agreed. He needs to practice playing rapidly with Saim like he did in PSL. Rizwan will just cruise so Usman should come instead and get his bat going

Whoever opens or doesn't, isn't gonna really matter. Score is not worth any practise lol.

Pakistan should have just chosen to bat first knowing full well its a club team and unless Chapman or neesham fire, the whole team will be bowled out quickly in every game
Agree it’s not a great score for practice and yes if nz are this bad rest of the series, I’d try to bat first every time.

But hey what can you do make the best of it whatever way you can. Hopefully Pakistan don’t embarrass here and struggle to chase this target but confident they will do it easily 😄.

Agree it’s not a great score for practice and yes if nz are this bad rest of the series, I’d try to bat first every time.

But hey what can you do make the best of it whatever way you can. Hopefully Pakistan don’t embarrass here and struggle to chase this target but confident they will do it easily 😄.
They won't, sodhi and lister aren't bowlers, their passengers

Well whether it's worth the practice or not, there will be two batsmen to walk out to the crease, and try to win Pakistan the game. It is not Pakistan's fault that NZ sent their B side. Pakistan should just rotate their players this series and demolish their existence. Though a couple of games will be a bit competitive

We defo need to bat first of if it's small targets like these it's better to give the young ones practice

Well whether it's worth the practice or not, there will be two batsmen to walk out to the crease, and try to win Pakistan the game. It is not Pakistan's fault that NZ sent their B side. Pakistan should just rotate their players this series and demolish their existence. Though a couple of games will be a bit competitive
Yes but it is their fault for the toss.

Who bowls first in a pindi pitch? It's just this team is so bad they weren't going to succeed.

But they should have batted first.

We defo need to bat first of if it's small targets like these it's better to give the young ones practice
I just hope for babar's sake he goes out striking from the get go since that's the ingest complaint his fans have. I swear if he wastes the PP again imma flip

Saim is not your international material..then it isnt fakhar either then who does that leave..pak played with 6 genuine bowlers today few wickets and they wont even get this

This is where Usman should come in after Saim wicket. Rizwan if Babar gets out. Let's see if they actually do that.

Ugh Rizwan up after Saim's wicket. That's disappointing stuff.

The whole issue is Riz-Bar batting together in the PP and being extremely slow. So if Saim gets out early, what has changed then?

Poor from Babar. Rizwan did not deserve to lose his opening slot.
Babar was doing well at no. 3 in series in NZ

Babar and Rizwan batting together right now and taking this target so seriously is laughable. They never change

Sigh. This is why I say I literally don’t care about the opposition. I want Saim to get runs against anyone. If easier opposition helps him do it so be it. Wasted opportunity yet again, not that I blame him so much, but just annoying he couldn’t do it today.

He’s got a few more chances hopefully to do it. If he doesn’t do it by start of World Cup, it will be a difficult situation.

Saim got unlucky with this ball you could only block just good bowling
No mate, he closed the face of the bat on a slightly below waist high delivery, that's a shot selection issue, the ball wasn't revolutionary.

I hate babar and rizwan at times but I must also tell the truth, that was beyond poor from saim. And I've seen saim get out like this before multiple times.

We just need to win no matter who the opposition is. We are a confidence team and need plenty of it

Saim is lucky to play for Pakistan.
He closed the face of the bat on a slightly below waist high delivery, That's extremely extremely poor and shows he lacks basic shot selection.

Ig I was wrong about saim.

lol thank god Babar hit the 4 because I was ready for some toxic posts about Babar serving up a maiden while chasing 91.

But yeah this pairing in PP... I just don't want to watch them together in PP anymore.

If Babar and Rizwan perform it will be the same if they had opened at this point.

They should have gone Usman at 3. It would have also allowed us to think whether or not we could open with usman too if Saim-Babar doesn’t work.

Rizwan should be told to hit out when we are batting ist. His role needs to be changed

Sigh. This is why I say I literally don’t care about the opposition. I want Saim to get runs against anyone. If easier opposition helps him do it so be it. Wasted opportunity yet again, not that I blame him so much, but just annoying he couldn’t do it today.

He’s got a few more chances hopefully to do it. If he doesn’t do it by start of World Cup, it will be a difficult situation.
You should blame him though? He got out on am average delivery, he closed the face of the bat meaning he was in 2 minds.

If this la's can't decide what shot to play, then he shouldn't be playing at all

Usman should have been promoted today. The mindset is still the same. Darpok

I am not happy that our full strength team is playing against this joke of a team.

Babars trying too hard to time every ball and it's not working at all

If Babar and Rizwan perform it will be the same if they had opened at this point.

They should have gone Usman at 3. It would have also allowed us to think whether or not we could open with usman too if Saim-Babar doesn’t work.
One of Babar or Rizwan will ALWAYS open. Neither of them like to bat in the middle order and neither of them should. But yes Usman should have been tried at 3 because 1) Rizwan does not need to be tested with this chase and we certainly don't want to see him slowly chase it down and 2) Usman could be a genuine 3 for us but we'll never know if Rizwan keeps getting his way at the top order in feeble chases like this even

Can someone please bring In usman khan or give saim another chance, I can't bear to watch these 2 bat.

Ignoring that 4 hit, these 2 have made 10 runs in 3 overs. Against this joke of a team

The scoreboard that I’m looking at is a bit slow for some reason, the ball count is going up but the runs aren’t changing…anyone else dealing with this?

They should have let our bench strength play against this toothless New Zealand team, with Shaheen as captain.

Th
Can someone please bring In usman khan or give saim another chance, I can't bear to watch these 2 bat.

Ignoring that 4 hit, these 2 have made 10 runs in 3 overs. Against this joke of a team
This guy is still watching?
Bro, what's happening? You didn't want to watch this match. What happened all of a sudden?

Back