Pakistan (178/4) suffer an embarrassing 7 wicket loss in the 3rd T20I against New Zealand (179/3)

FearlessRoar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Late fireworks from Shadab Khan, scoring 41 (20), and Irfan Khan, remaining unbeaten on 30 (20), lead Pakistan to 178/4 in 20 overs. It seems like a decent total. Let's see how it goes for New Zealand and if they can chase it down or not.

1713715692129.png

=======

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

Mohammad Rizwan update:

Mohammad Rizwan felt discomfort in his right hamstring while batting.

As a precautionary measure, the medical team has pulled him out of the game.

He will not take part in the rest of the match.

IMO the NZ c team bowlers have bowled exceptionally well here as a unit

Now it’s up to the batsmen to get these runs. They are not chasing 270 like the score really should have been

I'm surprised tbh, that he swings it more than Naseem

dizN9Yz.png

Outside of Saim's start and Shadab fantastic innings, it's been pretty pedestrian from rest of the lineup. Biggest issue for me is the lack of power from Babar/Rizwan/Irfan. Usman didn't do much and honestly, he doesn't look international caliber.

Hard not to think Fakhar will get that #4 spot when the real time comes for it. Pakistan desperately need more power in the middle order & middle overs. Another lefty in the middle order in basically an all righty lineup after Saim is very much needed as well.

Naseem getting that outswing but just needs to be a touch fuller.

This Urooj lady just keeps blabbering

So annoying to listen to

naseem needs to bowl clever and vary with the speeds just like how amir was doing last game

Outside of Saim's start and Shadab fantastic innings, it's been pretty pedestrian from rest of the lineup. Biggest issue for me is the lack of power from Babar/Rizwan/Irfan. Usman didn't do much and honestly, he doesn't look international caliber.

Hard not to think Fakhar will get that #4 spot when the real time comes for it. Pakistan desperately need more power in the middle order & middle overs. Another lefty in the middle order in basically an all righty lineup after Saim is very much needed as well.
I agree mostly but it's too early to say Usman isn't international calibre.

Even our full-strength batting side is only able to set a target of 170+ for this weak New Zealand side.

Mohammad Rizwan update:

Mohammad Rizwan felt discomfort in his right hamstring while batting.

As a precautionary measure, the medical team has pulled him out of the game.

He will not take part in the rest of the match.
Having a training camp in the month of Ramadan was a terrible mistake by Naqvi.

Naseem getting belted by NZ’s 5th or 6th in line opener

new zealand C team on par with pakistan so far lets see if they slow down after the powerplay like rizwan and babar

Ravindra
Allen
Conway
- - -
Siefert
Robinson
- - -
Munro
Guptil

Look at the depth they have when choosing openers

Please learn your lesson - forget all this slower call nonsense and bowl a normal on pace delivery

new zealand C team on par with pakistan so far lets see if they slow down after the powerplay like rizwan and babar
Their inferior but I pity the posters who think Pakistan beating NZ is an accomplishment, I literally had a guy do bharamga on me for shaheen taking 3 wickets in the last game.

Their inferior but I pity the posters who think Pakistan beating NZ is an accomplishment, I literally had a guy do bharamga on me for shaheen taking 3 wickets in the last game.
We need to savor every monent we can haha, stop being a grinch :p

Last night this was the best bowling attack in the world. What happened overnight?

Yaar yeh Baazid sober hai ? Naseem aur is ke bhai ko fielding class shuru karawayo ! 75/2 in 9

Usman has been ok behind the stumps so far. But his technique looks a bit off to me at times to the sinners.

9 runs per over in the last 10 with 8 wickets in hand

Cake walk if you ask me

Huge fan of Naseem Shah but that drop was criminal

I would blame Bracewell for bowling that 17th over if NZ loses this game.

Pakistan will win but doesnt make sense to drop Amir. He isnt an automatic T20 WC selection so selectors need to take a look at his play

It's neck-and-neck at the moment. Should Pakistan lose, it will be because of Rizwan & Babar playing too slow

kocf7nO.png

Back