Pakistan vs New Zealand | 2nd T20I | Rawalpindi | April 20 | New Zealand Innings

What was even the point of this series?

A few things are clear. This bowling besides abrar is going to get butchered in the cup, the Smartest bowler Amir is bowling at 125, shaheen bowling at 131 is terrible.

Naseem is fast but he's all over the place. Shadab needs a bad shot from a club side to get a wicket. Very disappointed with this series ans the pace of our bowlers. Besides abrar this is abysmal
Well it’s exposing player like Chacha who are still in team. Babar removed him after 1 over! After getting hit for boundary

A few things are clear. This bowling besides abrar is going to get butchered in the cup, the Smartest bowler Amir is bowling at 125, shaheen bowling at 131 is terrible.

Naseem is fast but he's all over the place. Shadab needs a bad shot from a club side to get a wicket. Very disappointed with this series ans the pace of our bowlers. Besides abrar this is abysmal
Bro in amir's case he was bowling speed variations intentionally

The pace is appropriate for the conditions. Slow, sticky surface - you don't want to give the batsmen pace on the ball.
It's appropriate for the conditions buts it's clear they can't bowl pace. It's not for lack of trying if that's what you're implying

Bro in amir's case he was bowling speed variations intentionally
He was bowling intentionally and he's the best bowler of the lot but he isn't upto mark like he was in 2017.

Him being > Shaheen and naseem isn't saying much anymore. Chalo hopefully im wrong

What a useless team NZ has sent. Playing like a club team.

People thought the same last year as well when Pakistan blew them out in the first match. Series ended up being 2-2.

Either way, this series are useful practice matches for Pakistan who are trying to incorporate new players. You have literally 3 players in the XI making their debuts (Abrar/Usman/Niazi) so some match practice is definitely needed.

1st T20I in last year's tour also they got blasted out for 90 odd. They rallied in the end and drew the series.

This match solidifies the slow death of international cricket. Boards and players prioritizing franchise cricket like IPL & sending mediocre teams to play bilaterals.
People complain about Pak sending full strength sides. But I think IPL is a big reason why.

IPL ensures you get paid enough. You can prove your worth outside of international cricket as the standard is higher than any other domestic tournament.

Hence cricketers are happy to rest from other countries. For Pakistan players it just means missed practice, money, and potentially losing their place if someone else performs better.

The idea was to provide Pakistanis with access to some entertainment. I know there are too many options in Australia for someone. However, as the people of Pakistan don't have much luxury, this is what keeps them happy during these difficult times for the nation.

This isn't even their b string, look at their b string side sent against us last year.

These blokies are club level besides Chapman and neesham, and maybe sodhi although sodhi is dreadful.

So yes I am SERIOUSLY telling you these are blokes found in club cricket.
You can call it whatever you want but the reality is they play in the NZ domestic set up.

Now you tell me which players are their B team???.

still , International cricket over league cricket for me .

Grant Elliot mentioned last year that in NZ, an average of 5.5 m was a top of stumps length

Pakistan's pitches, which are the lowest pitches in the world - you have to bowl 7m length on average to hit the top of stumps.

Takes a while to adjust.

Shaheen started his career at very young age of 18. He is still Young and still has room to hit his peak years. He was supposed to gain the pace with development of body mass and muscle from teenage to adulthood. Him loosing 10-15 kph from what he was bowling 2 years ago is quite a mystery to me

Shaheen started his career at very young age of 18. He is still Young and still has room to hit his peak years. He was supposed to gain the pace with development of body mass and muscle from teenage to adulthood. Him loosing 10-15 kph from what he was bowling 2 years ago is quite a mystery to me
he was 10km faster at the psl

The idea was to provide Pakistanis with access to some entertainment. I know there are too many options in Australia for someone. However, as the people of Pakistan don't have much luxury, this is what keeps them happy during these difficult times for the nation.
No one is going to get entertained by this match 🤣.

This match is an Eye sore, its boring, any person with a TV is better off watching ipl, if you're talking about an entertainment perspective, Pakistani fans are devoted cricket lovers who love seeing sixes, Fours, Wickets and good contest.

No one wants to see Pakistan bully a club team.

You can call it whatever you want but the reality is they play in the NZ domestic set up.

Now you tell me which players are their B team???.
Look at last years odi series and you'll find out.

Them playing in domesticbset up is irrelevant. Tbh this isn't even their c string since some of their c string are also playing league lol

Captain Bobby overbowled him and then Mismanagement of injuries by PCB set him back further.

The positive is if the opposition is bad, then Saim is even more likely to perform. He needs to start getting runs under his belt international. In fact I’d prefer if the standard was lower if that’s what it takes to achieve that. Once he’s got that confidence with easy runs, I’m sure he can then make the next step towards tougher attacks.

Having said that though for the rest who are most experienced it’s not great. Still, better to have confidence high winning coming up to the World Cup.

So SSA captaincy got walloped due to a strained Pak side play away against NZ A, Babar will earn laurels playing home against NZ C team, this is called luck

Amir bowled at good pace actually. Over 135 with obvious slower balls in between. Its Shaheens pace which is baffling. How can someone lose 10-15 clicks at such a young age. Inexplicable

That was a smart ball by Shadab who saw Sodhi coming down the track. It was a legspin short ball that dipped. Class

The positive is if the opposition is bad, then Saim is even more likely to perform. He needs to start getting runs under his belt international. In fact I’d prefer if the standard was lower if that’s what it takes to achieve that. Once he’s got that confidence with easy runs, I’m sure he can then make the next step towards tougher attacks.

Having said that though for the rest who are most experienced it’s not great. Still, better to have confidence high winning coming up to the World Cup.
No, because it leads to overconfidence.

It's like playing a video game at level 1 and then randomly you're shoved to play at level 100 in a cup. You're going to fail miserably.

Saim bashing club bowlers will just get him dismissed 24/7 in the cup. Wrong way to develop players.

Look at last years odi series and you'll find out.

Them playing in domesticbset up is irrelevant. Tbh this isn't even their c string since some of their c string are also playing league lol
I didn't know NZ have a pool of 30 - 40 first team players and these players are outside of that talented pool.

Names on a postcard.

Now it'll be upto Pak to chase this down quick ro stamp authority on this series especially for a quick turnaround game in under 24 hours.

It's like playing a video game at level 1 and then randomly you're shoved to play at level 100 in a cup. You're going to fail miserably.

Saim bashing club bowlers will just get him dismissed 24/7 in the cup. Wrong way to develop players.
Runs are runs in international cricket. The guy hasn’t looked confident in international cricket, so I don’t think it’ll hurt and better walking into the World Cup with better stats than 14 average.

I don’t think Saim or many of our players are suffering from overconfidence. I think Saim especially has a lack of confidence at the crease. Better to have better opposition of course, but would rather have some matches for Saim than none at all. As I said before main thing is if Saim can do well this series and get some confidence.

Ayyy Naseem gets a wicket too. NZ not at their best but the line/length & variation in pace has been nice to see from our bowlers.

Relax, we're playing England before the T20 World Cup.

This series is just time pass and not a real barometer of our team's strength.

Thinking back to the series in 2010 vs NZ when Afridi bowled a 137 kph ripper, and NZ were bowled out for like 87? What a time that was

Runs are runs in international cricket. The guy hasn’t looked confident in international cricket, so I don’t think it’ll hurt and better walking into the World Cup with better stats than 14 average.

I don’t think Saim or many of our players are suffering from overconfidence. I think Saim especially has a lack of confidence at the crease. Better to have better opposition of course, but would rather have some matches for Saim than none at all. As I said before main thing is if Saim can do well this series and get some confidence.
This team will fall flat, You don't wanna get use to such teams and then face tough teams.

You wanna face tough teams through and through until you're good and ready and accustomed to such teams for tournaments.

History is literally repeating itself. Pakistan getting 2023 dejavu

Good too see the bowling attack come good.

But this will mean the batters dont have to do much to win, :cautious:

Back