Pakistan (178/5) defeat New Zealand (169) by 9 runs in a thrilling encounter to level the 5-match series at 2-2

Which side will win the 5th and final T20I match between Pakistan and New Zealand

• Total voters
Selective memory I see.

I’ve been one of the biggest advocates of Shaheen on PP ever since he was playing for the U19 side.

Also, I’m no Amir fan. I’m just grateful for his services to Pakistan cricket. Won us 2 x ICC trophies.

Amir and Imad are good addition to the team.

Captaincy from BA is suspect atm.

Fakhar needs more credit in this scenario, Babar departed before the death.
Fakhar was poor most of his inning but finished well, Babar inning ensured Pak had a good score half way, of course not often opener plays death overs.

With Manchester City jersey on the kid was crying. Now with 92 WC Pakistan Jersey the kid is cheerful.

Coincidence? I think not.

Haven’t watched a single ball, only following the scores, although I would have loved to see Amir getting tonked today.
Bhai I've already told you, you're a pakistani, you have ever right to watch and mock or support the team.

No one really cares about the whole boycott. Relax, just follow or don't follow its up to you, but no one will hold you against watching the game.

Senseless running from NZL.

PAK barely draw the series against a weakened opposition. Still, experimentation more important than results.

All credit to Clarkson for making amir sweat.. jimmy neesham did nt need to hurry and play so aggressively.. NZ was in control.. and if he had stayed with Clarkson this was NZ's game

69 (44) for Babar

4-0-30-4 for Shaheen

They stepped up when their team needed them. Their performance saved the series for Pakistan.

Seems like inexperience got the better of NZ. He should have been waiting for 4 more balls lol A mir might have bowled 5 wides

Happy we won the match honestly even if the series didn’t go as planned. Was a close one.

69 (44) for Babar

4-0-30-4 for Shaheen

They stepped up when their team needed them. Their performance saved the series for Pakistan.
So in this game we find out that the most difficult phase of the game was the middle overs due to pitch, but fakhar gets zero credit?

All eyes on Babar who departed before the 16th and shaheen? Okay

Let's be real, this was a weak NZ team, the fact that we needed our two top players to have a very close win against them is concerning. Pakistani youngsters and other players are not stepping up. We are still behind the major nations in the T20 format.

That was very dumb by Clarkson. What was he thinking? Was he thinking even? Willingly ran out his partner twice with just 2 wickets in hand

Happy we won the match honestly even if the series didn’t go as planned. Was a close one.
Theirs nothing to be happy about bro.

NZ team had nothing to lose. They came here expecting to get mollywopped 5-0.

They'll gladly take 2 victories and a close defeat over Pakistan celebrating a hollow victory.

I just hope Pakistan isn't delusional like its usually is but I doubt that'll happen under Babar.

It's clear as day chacha and others will still get selected lol.

Today's summary
aWJRO1S.jpeg

Unconvincing performance.

If Haris Rauf had bowled like Amir today then the knives would have been out.

Pakistan has a lot of work to do especially when your big game players like Ifti are going through a lean patch

Senseless running from NZL.

PAK barely draw the series against a weakened opposition. Still, experimentation more important than results.
We shouldn't weigh in to this series too much. Real test will come vs England away and importantly in the main event WT20.

Unconvincing performance.

If Haris Rauf had bowled like Amir today then the knives would have been out.

Pakistan has a lot of work to do especially when your big game players like Ifti are going through a lean patch
Amir 100% deserves the knives to be out no doubt.

Chacha deserves it more but you haven't highlighted him, instead praised him multiple tines lol

Amir 100% deserves the knives to be out no doubt.

Chacha deserves it more but you haven't highlighted him, instead praised him multiple tines lol
Amir will bounce back. He's quite smart.

Chacha will be a key player for us in the WC just watch. He will be our match winner.

Amir will bounce back. He's quite smart.

Chacha will be a key player for us in the WC just watch. He will be our match winner.
I'm assuming you're being 100% serious and not trolling.

Let's look at chacha's tournament records in t20 and even odi ever since he started being main string.

Asia cup 2022

Final: Srinlanka scores 170 but starts pff with 12 wides before the 1st ball is even bowled so target is 157. Rizwan and chacha make 55 of 49 and 32 of 31 collectibely. By the time they depart Pakistan has to chase 60 of 24 with tail enders lol.

During the Afghanistan game, Chacha made 30 of 33 while shadab made 36 of 26 and naseems 2 sixes helped. On what basis did chacha decide to waste 5 overs and go at less then 100? When RR is climbing and wickets falling early no longer matters?

Against India, Chacha and rizwan botch it again? Rizwan 43 of 42 and chacha 28 of 22?

Heck the only games we won in asia cup was when chacha either didn't bat, or came out to bat and faced only 1 delivery? Afghanistan game being an exception where naseem managed to finish the job.

^^ from this where are you vetting the words MATCH WINNER FROM?

Shall we now talk about 2022 world cup and 2023 Asia cup + 2023 World cup as well? Ya bas karein?

Take some time off. It will heal your wounds. Come back fresh for Ireland series.
Heal what wounds? Your captain drew a series while playing full strength vs a team that's too busy playing IPL so they sent a team to explore lahori cuisine over actually playing and competing?

Let's look at chacha's tournament records in t20 and even odi ever since he started being main string.

Asia cup 2022

Final: Srinlanka scores 170 but starts pff with 12 wides before the 1st ball is even bowled so target is 157. Rizwan and chacha make 55 of 49 and 32 of 31 collectibely. By the time they depart Pakistan has to chase 60 of 24 with tail enders lol.

During the Afghanistan game, Chacha made 30 of 33 while shadab made 36 of 26 and naseems 2 sixes helped. On what basis did chacha decide to waste 5 overs and go at less then 100? When RR is climbing and wickets falling early no longer matters?

Against India, Chacha and rizwan botch it again? Rizwan 43 of 42 and chacha 28 of 22?

Heck the only games we won in asia cup was when chacha either didn't bat, or came out to bat and faced only 1 delivery? Afghanistan game being an exception where naseem managed to finish the job.

Shall we now talk about 2022 world cup and 2023 Asia cup + 2023 World cup as well? Ya bas karein?
Chacha almost never comes through in clutch moments.. story is same if he is In within 10 overs , powerplay or last 5.. has no all round shots.. this guy missed full tosses in last match that we lost. He missed full tosses even today.. only relied on his reflexes and those have seemed to regress too with age 😂 WE DO NOT NEED HIM AS A BOWLER

Asia cup 2022

Did I say he has previously won us matches or that he WILL be our match winner?

In stock trading terms " Past performance is no guarantee of future results".

Chacha is a the stock I'm betting it all on.

Chacha almost never comes through in clutch moments.. story is same if he is In within 10 overs , powerplay or last 5.. has no all round shots.. this guy missed full tosses in last match that we lost. He missed full tosses even today.. only relied on his reflexes and those have seemed to regress too with age 😂 WE DO NOT NEED HIM AS A BOWLER
Almost never? Bro change that to Never.

This man has had 2 clutch games in his life.

The fact that he's been around since 2020 amd been mainstring since 2022 and he has a grand total of 2 games to boast about that then 100 he made last year against c side NZ in a loosing effort. And the bashing he did to NZ in the previous 4th odi last year where the whole iftimania nonsense happened.

Like dude, Even asif Ali has 2 goat innings during the 2021 wc against afg and another team(forgot which match it was, it was the one bwfore), that doesn't mean I would like asif back in my team.

A player who has been playing consistently for pak for 4 years on end has a grand total of 2 games lol.

Meanwhile fakhar since 2017 has

3 consecutive impact 100+ scores including a 150 amd 180 which all led to victories.

A ct sf 50 and a ct final 100 against a rival nation.

A 60 ball 100 against MZ in a 400 chase.

The greatest match losing innings of 193 which is ironically one of his most memorable fighting innings.

First pakistani batter and only pakistani batter to score 200

Numerous quick fire 50's throughout his career

A 95% win record when fakhar scores a 100, it would be 100% but the 193 game ruined it, but the 193 isn't his fault, he was playing with tail enders lol facing a bowling unit >>>> Afghanistan although maxwell innings is still better.

^^ you know why I mentioned fakhar, because riz/babar/ midbah supporters want fakhar dropped but advocate chacha as their u droppable match winner 😂😂.

I repeat chacha has 2 innings of note, ironically asif Ali has it better since his only 2 knocks came in a cup and not a useless series.

Chairman PCB looked really happy after Pakistan managed to level the series against New Zealand's C team.

onvinVU.jpeg

Did I say he has previously won us matches or that he WILL be our match winner?

In stock trading terms " Past performance is no guarantee of future results".

Chacha is a the stock I'm betting it all on.
Oh I see, so you basically decided to bet your stock on Nokia rather then betting it on Apple. Got ya.

Almost never? Bro change that to Never.

This man has had 2 clutch games in his life.

The fact that he's been around since 2020 amd been mainstring since 2022 and he has a grand total of 2 games to boast about that then 100 he made last year against c side NZ in a loosing effort. And the bashing he did to NZ in the previous 4th odi last year where the whole iftimania nonsense happened.

Like dude, Even asif Ali has 2 goat innings during the 2021 wc against afg and another team(forgot which match it was, it was the one bwfore), that doesn't mean I would like asif back in my team.

A player who has been playing consistently for pak for 4 years on end has a grand total of 2 games lol.

Meanwhile fakhar since 2017 has

3 consecutive impact 100+ scores including a 150 amd 180 which all led to victories.

A ct sf 50 and a ct final 100 against a rival nation.

A 60 ball 100 against MZ in a 400 chase.

The greatest match losing innings of 193 which is ironically one of his most memorable fighting innings.

First pakistani batter and only pakistani batter to score 200

Numerous quick fire 50's throughout his career

A 95% win record when fakhar scores a 100, it would be 100% but the 193 game ruined it, but the 193 isn't his fault, he was playing with tail enders lol facing a bowling unit >>>> Afghanistan although maxwell innings is still better.

^^ you know why I mentioned fakhar, because riz/babar/ midbah supporters want fakhar dropped but advocate chacha as their u droppable match winner 😂😂.

I repeat chacha has 2 innings of note, ironically asif Ali has it better since his only 2 knocks came in a cup and not a useless series.
Well his second innings came against NZ before Afg match.. when Pakistan needed 34 off last 4 overs on a slow Sharjah Track.. guys like asif ali , khushdil shah , faheem ashraf and Iftikhar all are of same category.. nothing here nothing there.. its amazing all of these had considerable run in pct

Well his second innings came against NZ before Afg match.. when Pakistan needed 34 off last 4 overs on a slow Sharjah Track.. guys like asif ali , khushdil shah , faheem ashraf and Iftikhar all are of same category.. nothing here nothing there.. its amazing all of these had considerable run in pct
Tbf to chacha, He's > Asif, Khusdil, Faheem.

Asif tried to make a career out of hitting a 6 and then getting out. I remember when I was a kid, my friends said Pakistan cricket sucks as no other top side would ever let Anwar Ali a club cricketer play internationally.

I told them to have hope as you can only go up from here, Theirs no way you can select someone worse them Anwar Ali.

And voila, only in PCB can a player like asif who can't even get into Nedtherlands b team would be a finisher for Pakistan lol.

Khushdil is better then asif and faheem is > khushdil but that's not saying anything lol 😂.

Chacha is > These guys, he is the best of this crap lot if you will, but he's basically the worst player in our unit, and that's saying alot considering who were playing with 😂😂

Tbf to chacha, He's > Asif, Khusdil, Faheem.

Asif tried to make a career out of hitting a 6 and then getting out. I remember when I was a kid, my friends said Pakistan cricket sucks as no other top side would ever let Anwar Ali a club cricketer play internationally.

I told them to have hope as you can only go up from here, Theirs no way you can select someone worse them Anwar Ali.

And voila, only in PCB can a player like asif who can't even get into Nedtherlands b team would be a finisher for Pakistan lol.

Khushdil is better then asif and faheem is > khushdil but that's not saying anything lol 😂.

Chacha is > These guys, he is the best of this crap lot if you will, but he's basically the worst player in our unit, and that's saying alot considering who were playing with 😂😂
This means only one thing.. psl is no tournament to be picked players from.. back your domestic structure and results will come. We are just trying to copy IPL but talent pool of India is such , they can make three national teams out of ipl and still be left with players to make another one from domestic teams

This means only one thing.. psl is no tournament to be picked players from.. back your domestic structure and results will come. We are just trying to copy IPL but talent pool of India is such , they can make three national teams out of ipl and still be left with players to make another one from domestic teams
IPL isn't the basis of player selection just letting you know. I mean it is, but it's different.

Indian players have world class coaching, they can turn talentless players into modern greats and talented players into ATG's.

For context watch the Dhoni movie, After Dhoni failed the first few games, the movie showed us a retelling of how his coach went through arms and length to improve him.

In comparison, our batting coach yousaf, his idea was to help his players improve SR. How does he do that you ask? He asks a nobody to bowl pies at a speed of barely over 40kph so that every player can hit it out of the park, and even then chacha managed to miscue one ball 😂😂.

^^ This vid is on YouTube BTW.

Like when on earth will you ever get a 40kph halwa ball thrown at you so you can hit it? How is this suppose to improve a players SR and six hitting ability?

The difference is the coaching. Rohit sharma, kohli, all these players have access to it. Secondly their club level cricket, domestic structures etc is 100x more competitive.

Just for context, I live in Sydney and for someone to get into the University of Sydney team (a uni team so club level) they must undergo am insane fitness regime + can't skip any practise day, it's so freaking competitive that only the 15 best players out of a pool of 70,000 students are selected. And this is just club and uni cricket lol.

Compare that to Lahori schools like aitchison colledge where someone like itisam ul haq son of inzimam gets made captain, and star batsmen simply for being inzi's son amd is now playing donestic for Pakistan while genuinely being average and having bare bones cricket skills shows you the difference.

It's not only IPL that people think, although IPL is a huge factor as well yes.

So in this game we find out that the most difficult phase of the game was the middle overs due to pitch, but fakhar gets zero credit?

All eyes on Babar who departed before the 16th and shaheen? Okay
69 (44) > 43 (33)

credit where it's due

69 (44) > 43 (33)

credit where it's due
I give credit when it's due, Babar bowled the best, my issue is you excluded fakhar, not that you included babar.

Edit: I meant batted the best, Babar batted the best.

Babar and Shaheen script Pakistan's victory in fifth T20I

Babar Azam stroked an entertaining half-century and Shaheen Shah Afridi produced a performance he is well-known for as Pakistan defeated New Zealand by nine runs in the fifth T20I to ensure the series ended in a two-all draw at the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore on Saturday.

Babar scored a 44-ball 69 to inspire his side to 178 for five and then Shaheen decimated New Zealand's middle-order to return figures of 4-0-30-4 as the tourists were bowled out for 169 with four balls to spare. Twelve months ago, the five-T20I series between the two sides had also ended in a 2-2 stalemate, while New Zealand won the series in their backyard earlier in January this year by 4-1.

Babar scored at a strike-rate of nearly 157 and slapped six fours and two sixes until he was the third batter dismissed at the score of 123 in 15 overs. Fakhar Zaman and Shadab Khan continued Babar’s good work by helping Pakistan to collect 55 runs off the last five overs to reach a respectable score of 178 for five.

Fakhar ended up with a 33-ball 44 with four fours and a six, while Shadab belted a six and four in a five-ball 15 not out. Usman Khan scored 31 off 24 balls with three fours and six, and added 73 runs for the second wicket with Babar after Saim Ayub had departed in the second over.

In turn, New Zealand started off briskly and reached 81 for one in eight overs despite Shaheen sending Tom Blundell back to the pavilion in the first over. At that stage, Usama Mir sprang into action by dismissing Mark Chapman (12, 8b, 1x4) and Tim Seifert (52, 33b, 7x4s, 2x6s) in a space of 16 runs.

Shadab Khan dismissed Michael Bracewell, and Imad Wasim had the better of Cole McConchie as New Zealand slipped to 103 for five before Shaheen picked up the scalps of Jimmy Neesham, Zakary Foulkes, and Ish Sohi, leaving New Zealand reeling at 137 for eight.

Josh Clarkson and Ben Sears kept New Zealand’s hopes alive in the match when the tourists needed 12 runs off the last over with two wickets standing. However, Sears and last-man William O’Rourke were run-out in the last over bowled by Amir as New Zealand were bowled out for 169 in 19.2 overs to hand Pakistan a nine-run victory.

Scores in brief:

Pakistan beat New Zealand by nine runs in the fifth T20I

Pakistan 178-5, 20 overs (Babar Azam 69, Fakhar Zaman 43, Usman Khan 31)

New Zealand 169 all-out, 19.2 overs (Tim Seifert 52, Josh Clarkson 38 not out, Michael Bracewell 23; Shaheen Shah Afridi 4-30, Usama Mir 2-21)

Player of the match – Shaheen Shah Afridi (Pakistan)

Player of the series – Shaheen Shah Afridi (Pakistan)

1st T20I – Rained-off, Rawalpindi

2nd T20I – Pakistan won by seven wickets, Rawalpindi

3rd T20I – New Zealand won by seven wickets, Rawalpindi

4th T20I – New Zealand won by four runs, Lahore

Source: PCB

Babar Azam's answers to some post match questions after the win against New Zealand today:

Q: Why did you bring on spinners too late in the match?

Babar Azam: "I did what we felt was the best for the situation. Initially when we brought Usama Mir in the powerplay, we realized that the pitch is supporting the spinners but fast bowlers were also getting the swing early on.

So, we then also brought in Shadab Khan and Imad Wasim in the end so we did what we reckoned was the best for the situation.

We used 8 bowlers and 4 of them were spinners as we realized that this pitch is supporting the spinners."

Q: Too much choice when you have so many bowlers at your disposal?

Babar Azam: "Yeah definitely it was difficult for me. But the way Saim (Ayub) bowled with the new ball and then Imad bowled later on was great. But there was relief for me because I knew that that even if Saim does not bowl well with the new ball then still we had plenty of experience in shape of Imad, Shadab's remaining overs.

Regardless, the way Usama Mir bowled in the middle overs was superb. He used the conditions well and bowled superbly."

Q: On batting at the Gaddafi

Babar Azam: "The batting with the new ball is quite easy here but when the ball gets old it becomes difficult to bat here with dew factor also coming in that forces the bowlers to bowl a lot of cutters.

We played well in the first 6 overs and couldn't utilize the momentum well during the 7-10 overs phase.

But we posted a par score although I believe we should have posted 10 to 15 runs more on the board."

It's like he doesn't watch any cricket outside of the matches Pakistan play.

In IPL we're seeing 250 plus ! Come on, let's set our sights a bit higher.
The wickets we play on determine what a good score is not some franchise league where narine can bang a quick fire 100.

That is no yard stick.

Babar played well enough with the bat but his captaincy made this a closer contest than it should of been.

Its good he started Shaheen with the new ball with Saim but the mistake was giving Amir his 2nd over.

Imad should of bowled in the first 6.

The strategy with the ball should of been 2 each for Shaheen and Imad and 1 each for Amir and Saim.

Our strategy is our biggest concern going in to the WC.

Credit to Fakhar he is always a big match player and Usama.

“Babar Azam in Powerplay Tonight:
34 Runs on 19 balls
SR of 179.

Babar Azam in Overs (7-12):
19 Runs on 17 balls
SR of 111 only.
He has scored 0 boundaries after powerplay in the next 6 overs.
He reached his 50 in 35 deliveries.
This guy will never change”

Is this true?

IPL isn't the basis of player selection just letting you know. I mean it is, but it's different.

Indian players have world class coaching, they can turn talentless players into modern greats and talented players into ATG's.

For context watch the Dhoni movie, After Dhoni failed the first few games, the movie showed us a retelling of how his coach went through arms and length to improve him.

In comparison, our batting coach yousaf, his idea was to help his players improve SR. How does he do that you ask? He asks a nobody to bowl pies at a speed of barely over 40kph so that every player can hit it out of the park, and even then chacha managed to miscue one ball 😂😂.

^^ This vid is on YouTube BTW.

Like when on earth will you ever get a 40kph halwa ball thrown at you so you can hit it? How is this suppose to improve a players SR and six hitting ability?

The difference is the coaching. Rohit sharma, kohli, all these players have access to it. Secondly their club level cricket, domestic structures etc is 100x more competitive.

Just for context, I live in Sydney and for someone to get into the University of Sydney team (a uni team so club level) they must undergo am insane fitness regime + can't skip any practise day, it's so freaking competitive that only the 15 best players out of a pool of 70,000 students are selected. And this is just club and uni cricket lol.

Compare that to Lahori schools like aitchison colledge where someone like itisam ul haq son of inzimam gets made captain, and star batsmen simply for being inzi's son amd is now playing donestic for Pakistan while genuinely being average and having bare bones cricket skills shows you the difference.

It's not only IPL that people think, although IPL is a huge factor as well yes.
Thats why i said Indian Talent > Pakistan's.. reason whatever they are.. be it access to coaching or competitive tournaments.. since IPL already has talented players.. indian team is able to pick them up for national duties.. and thats where psl fails.. it tried hard to be like ipl but its not because of available talen which is mediocre compared to what ipl gets

Great! We drew the series with NZ's C side. Roll on the WC with Babar's losers!

Back