Pakistan should aim to humiliate Bangladesh and England

RyanRyan10

Local Club Star
Runs
The popularity of the Pakistan cricket team appears to have reached an all time low. The only way to regain the trust of fans is through on field performance. The Pakistan test team has shown signs of improvement in recent series as they won 2-0 against Sri Lanka in their home and were competitive against Australia in Australia.

Under the leadership of Shan Masood, the Pakistan test team has a golden opportunity to qualify for the World Test Championship finals. Their upcoming series are both at home and it is unlikely that Bangladesh will pose a threat. The following series against England, however, will be a fascinating contest. Pakistan must aim to avenge their whitewash last time. They now have a better leader and a more experienced fast bowling attack. As a result, Pakistan should feel confident about their prospects for success.

The popularity of the Pakistan cricket team appears to have reached an all time low. The only way to regain the trust of fans is through on field performance. The Pakistan test team has shown signs of improvement in recent series as they won 2-0 against Sri Lanka in their home and were competitive against Australia in Australia.
What did you just say?

Pak public doesn't value test cricket as much as LOIs. They won't be able to undo the damage of this world cup even if they win all 5 games by an innings defeat.

Rather than approaching the test series as a chance to make amends they should see it as unrelated to the recent LOI failures and approach it with a fresh mind.

Hard to see the current Pak team beating SA in SA. They will likely lose 0-2.

England managed to take a test off India at home and could have won a second as well.
It took Bumrah and Kuldeep level quality to reign in Bazball. Cannot see Pak test pacers and Abrar doing the same.

We will be humiliated further, there is no respite if the mentality remains the same.

lol you wont get a penny humiliating us, we are more that enough in hamulating us, we dont need any help!

Pak public doesn't value test cricket as much as LOIs. They won't be able to undo the damage of this world cup even if they win all 5 games by an innings defeat.

Rather than approaching the test series as a chance to make amends they should see it as unrelated to the recent LOI failures and approach it with a fresh mind.
They don't care about test cricket at all. Most casual fans wont remember the last test series result or when it took place. Most Pakistan fans cant even name the last test 11 without looking it up

Pak stadium pitches so far that I have seen are batting belters. Against us a batting pitch will result in a very boring and one sided match. I want Pakistan to make green top pitches, our batters wont last either in a flat bowl or a green top so it doesn't matter but the green top will make the match some what interesting for some sessions because of our bowlers

If they curate pitches like they did between 2019-21 (for the Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, South Africa tests) then I think Pakistan can beat any team in home conditions. As far as humiliating goes, I don't think Pakistan is a test powerhouse that can think along those lines. For some reason, our players can't seem to develop that killer instinct a team like England magically developed after McCullum came on.

Pakistan can't beat England regardless of pitches.

You still need high quality bowlers - Bumrah, Kuldeep, Ashwin, Jadeja level bowlers to stop England even on result oriented Asian pitches.

Brook guy must be licking his lips and waiting in the corner. Last time, he destroyed Pakistani bowlers; the scars are still visible. Pakistan can't counter Bazball unless they have quality spinners at home.

If they curate pitches like they did between 2019-21 (for the Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, South Africa tests) then I think Pakistan can beat any team in home conditions. As far as humiliating goes, I don't think Pakistan is a test powerhouse that can think along those lines. For some reason, our players can't seem to develop that killer instinct a team like England magically developed after McCullum came on.
Don't make flat pitches for BD man. Babar will score 300 and Pak will score 800 and we will get out for 200 in each innings anyway. Make green mambas. This will make the series somewhat interesting. We will score 100 in each innings but Pak will also find it hard against our pacers

Bangladesh won win a test match but Pakistan will make flat pitches to play it safe so it wont be a whitewash either.

When were pakistan competitive in Australia during the test series?

The only thing that was good was that shan in terms of Enfield decisions was far better then babar was and he handled his resources well, chose the best team possible.

However the gap in skill quality was very very clear, Australia outbatted, Outbowled, outfielded and even out captained pakistan in that series.

Hard to see the current Pak team beating SA in SA. They will likely lose 0-2.

England managed to take a test off India at home and could have won a second as well.
It took Bumrah and Kuldeep level quality to reign in Bazball. Cannot see Pak test pacers and Abrar doing the same.
Sorry for the digression but India dominated Eng completely in that series.

The Hyd test was a fluke , a once in a lifetime innings by Pope who somehow landed all his blind sweeps and reverse sweeps perfectly. India also managed to get within 20 runs of the target regardless.

India also won a test in that series without Bumrah. India were without the services of Pant and Kohli remember and also had a raw batting unit barring Sharma. Yet they smashed Eng in that series.

Pakistan should take heart from that and play with a nothing to lose attitude.

This is literally the golden Chance for Bangladesh to show that they can win outside Bangladesh in Tests. But they themselves are mired in internal politics and corruption. But such a chance won't come again.

Sorry for the digression but India dominated Eng completely in that series.

The Hyd test was a fluke , a once in a lifetime innings by Pope who somehow landed all his blind sweeps and reverse sweeps perfectly. India also managed to get within 20 runs of the target regardless.

India also won a test in that series without Bumrah. India were without the services of Pant and Kohli remember and also had a raw batting unit barring Sharma. Yet they smashed Eng in that series.

Pakistan should take heart from that and play with a nothing to lose attitude.
That was a freaky couple of days, and English media went gaga about BazBall ... and then the next 4 tests happened :hamster:

But as I said, this is Bangladesh's best chance to register wins on Pakistani soil. Pakistan lacks spinners and pacers are out of shape to sustain pressure for long. I will be betting on a 1-0 Bangaldesh win here, still a risky bet but its possible.

That was a freaky couple of days, and English media went gaga about BazBall ... and then the next 4 tests happened :hamster:

But as I said, this is Bangladesh's best chance to register wins on Pakistani soil. Pakistan lacks spinners and pacers are out of shape to sustain pressure for long. I will be betting on a 1-0 Bangaldesh win here, still a risky bet but its possible.
Yeah, Pope himself struggled like a frog on a hottop in the next 4 test matches. I am so glad that it was a 5 test series that put to rest all this Bazball nonsense. No amount of aggressive hitting can be a substitute for proper skill sets and application in test cricket and it was revealed once again.

I don't think Bangladesh will pose a threat to Pakistan in Pakistan. They just don't have the players with good skill sets to do well overseas. Their only hope is that Pakistan act like old Pakistan and badly lose one. But if Pakistan plays to its natural strength there is no way Bangladesh is getting one past them.

Yeah, Pope himself struggled like a frog on a hottop in the next 4 test matches. I am so glad that it was a 5 test series that put to rest all this Bazball nonsense. No amount of aggressive hitting can be a substitute for proper skill sets and application in test cricket and it was revealed once again.

I don't think Bangladesh will pose a threat to Pakistan in Pakistan. They just don't have the players with good skill sets to do well overseas. Their only hope is that Pakistan act like old Pakistan and badly lose one. But if Pakistan plays to its natural strength there is no way Bangladesh is getting one past them.
By all logic it should be Pakistan 1-0 or 2-0 on the flat tracks but you just need a toss loss and spicy early morning pitch to lose a match sometimes. Pakistan is erratic and I dont trust the fitness of their bowlers. If Bangladesh batsmen bat with some brains its going to be close.

What is the strength? Pace? No. Spin? No. Batting ? No. Eating, laziness and corruption? Yes.

This reminds of a legendary thread created by a lovely bloke here in 2011.

Under the leadership of Shan Masood, the Pakistan test team has a golden opportunity to qualify for the World Test Championship finals. Their upcoming series are both at home and it is unlikely that Bangladesh will pose a threat. The following series against England, however, will be a fascinating contest. Pakistan must aim to avenge their whitewash last time. They now have a better leader and a more experienced fast bowling attack. As a result, Pakistan should feel confident about their prospects for success.
How is pakistan suppose to humilate England? They won't roll over.

Only way to beat England is to pull a sarfraz in 2017 and 2019 and gell as a unit and punch > your weight, even then the result will be close encounters.

Their a world class team with a superior skill set, Only way is to fight harder, and push it farther.

Good luck with babar and rizwan at the helm of things.

Pakistan team has to play their best to beat Bangladesh, but forget about beating England… don’t go with England all out to 106 against India. England batters surrendered before fiery Indian bowlers.

On flat pitches, Pakistani bowling is vulnerable. We saw it in Asia cup and WC 2023

Pakistan should aim to put all they're massive egos aside and play as a team, to play attacking cricket and go out and win if not at least try and show their fans the team they deserve and not these feeble 14-year-olds we've been spoon feeding for the last few years!

You don't have to be a great test team to be a home-track bully. India in the 90s was a rubbish side, but when then they were home-track bullies. Even a team like Bangladesh has managed to win tests at home against superior teams like England, Australia, West Indies, New Zealand by heavily doctoring the pitches to suit their strengths. It's not rocket science. Look at your team and create pitches that favor your players' strengths more than they do the opposition's players. Countries have been doing it for hundreds of years. But apparently Pakistan are too dumb to even figure that out.

You don't have to be a great test team to be a home-track bully. India in the 90s was a rubbish side, but when then they were home-track bullies. Even a team like Bangladesh has managed to win tests at home against superior teams like England, Australia, West Indies, New Zealand by heavily doctoring the pitches to suit their strengths. It's not rocket science. Look at your team and create pitches that favor your players' strengths more than they do the opposition's players. Countries have been doing it for hundreds of years. But apparently Pakistan are too dumb to even figure that out.

India in the 90's still had Srinath and Kumble who were excellent on dry tracks with reverse and spin.

And then we had batters who could actually bat on spinning tracks like SRT, Azhar, Sidhu etc.

Current pak team would struggle to win against Zimbabwe. Maybe draw on those german highways we preparer for barbar the great.

Hopefully Jason Gillespie will Carve out a plan for Pakistan Test team, because AFAIK our test team is also in shambles, have we won a Test match in last 3 years

I will say though that Pakistan's test team has been far better recently than any of the limited-overs teams. They lost 3-0 in Australia, but it could easily have been a different scoreline had they fielded better. And the Sri Lanka series was a rare anomaly where they came out and just outplayed Sri Lanka in their home conditions by playing some really positive, attacking cricket. But we never saw Pakistan play that same brand of cricket in any series or the World Cup after that.

A big difference with the test team is also that Shan Masood is captain instead of Babar Azam. And that automatically increases your chances of winning a test match significantly. Because test cricket is probably the one format where you can't hide if you are a poor captain. Sooner or later you will make a major strategic or tactical mistake that will cost your team big time. Whatever you may think of Shan Masood as a batter, he is a good captain. I want to see how he does if the pitches and conditions are more in his favor. An Australia tour is the last place to judge a Pakistani captain.

Instead of having highways for Babar, Just get some helpful pithces where Pakistani bowlers can make impact.

On highways, Eng is liekly to outbat Pakistan.

I don't think BD can do well even on highways.

No offence but it would be an absolute embarrassment if Pakistan even draw a test match against Bangladesh. Far more embarrassing than losing to any minnow in an ICC tournament. Bangladesh has possibly the worst team in test cricket. Maybe Ireland is worse, though I feel Ireland would challenge Bangladesh in seaming, home conditions. If Pakistan don't win this series 2-0, then they should all just retire and go home.

No offence but it would be an absolute embarrassment if Pakistan even draw a test match against Bangladesh. Far more embarrassing than losing to any minnow in an ICC tournament. Bangladesh has possibly the worst team in test cricket. Maybe Ireland is worse, though I feel Ireland would challenge Bangladesh in seaming, home conditions. If Pakistan don't win this series 2-0, then they should all just retire and go home.
They'll win the test 2-0 don't worry.

Fans don't understand that T20 is not pakistan's strongest format, It is their weakest, For 2 years in a row no 3 to no 7 have been a mess, And the only good thing which was the pace bowling has declined.

Odi squad has Fakhar at opening and he usually kicks off at opening, But even if he doesn't, Abdullah, Agha, Saud, and tbf even Imam do add alot of stability, our odi is dated but it can beat minnow sides excluding Afghanistan which can go either way.

Our test side will normally defeat lower ranked sides. Afghanistan, Bamgaldesh, Sri Lanka and these teams are woefully behind pakistan atm in test.

In terms of overall problems it's T20 > Odi > Test.

Batting isn't a concern in test for pakistan, bowling and fielding defo are though.

They'll win the test 2-0 don't worry.

Fans don't understand that T20 is not pakistan's strongest format, It is their weakest, For 2 years in a row no 3 to no 7 have been a mess, And the only good thing which was the pace bowling has declined.

Odi squad has Fakhar at opening and he usually kicks off at opening, But even if he doesn't, Abdullah, Agha, Saud, and tbf even Imam do add alot of stability, our odi is dated but it can beat minnow sides excluding Afghanistan which can go either way.

Our test side will normally defeat lower ranked sides. Afghanistan, Bamgaldesh, Sri Lanka and these teams are woefully behind pakistan atm in test.

In terms of overall problems it's T20 > Odi > Test.

Batting isn't a concern in test for pakistan, bowling and fielding defo are though.
Yeah I know. With that idiot Ramiz gone, hopefully the pitches will be how they used to be before he came on. Pakistan is not a great test side but they are miles ahead of those teams. If they somehow learn how to field better and more professionally, they can do far better in SENA too. But that is a pipe dream as a Pakistani fan. The fielding will never get better. Which is such a shame because dropped catches can have such far reaching implications in test matches.

Yeah I know. With that idiot Ramiz gone, hopefully the pitches will be how they used to be before he came on. Pakistan is not a great test side but they are miles ahead of those teams. If they somehow learn how to field better and more professionally, they can do far better in SENA too. But that is a pipe dream as a Pakistani fan. The fielding will never get better. Which is such a shame because dropped catches can have such far reaching implications in test matches.
Ironically fielding and fitness is one the easiest things to fix lol.

The hardest thing to fix is figuring out how to make a player perform and improve their skills for example Saim ayub.

Fielding and fitness are easy things to sort out but for some reason pakistan can't.

But I'm not suprised, this system allows azam khan to play lol.

This will be a strong 11 to take on the Banglas for the first test:

1) Abduallah
2) Iman
3) Shan (c)
4) Bobby
5) Safaraz (w)
6) Saud
7) Salmaan/Amir Jamal
8) Nouman
9) Naseem/Mir Hamza
10) Khuram Shahzed
11) Abrar

Safi is a must in Pak conditions, Rizwan for SENA. Shaheen needs to play first class cricket to get his mo jo back if it's still there.

This will be a strong 11 to take on the Banglas for the first test:

1) Abduallah
2) Iman
3) Shan (c)
4) Bobby
5) Safaraz (w)
6) Saud
7) Salmaan/Amir Jamal
8) Nouman
9) Naseem/Mir Hamza
10) Khuram Shahzed
11) Abrar

Safi is a must in Pak conditions, Rizwan for SENA. Shaheen needs to play first class cricket to get his mo jo back if it's still there.
I don't think I'm the only one who is absolutely done with Imam-ul-Haq. I would rather see them play Huraira or Saim Ayub at the top, then him. Because it will always be the same old story for him. He will dominate a bit at home and then get bounced out when he goes to SENA.

Also need to get rid of Nauman Ali. Pakistan has nothing to gain from playing this mediocre, 50 year old spinner. Aamer Jamal and Agha Salman should both play. They have been excellent for Pakistan in tests and there is absolutely no reason to drop them. The pace attack should consist of Aamer Jamal, Naseem Shah and Shaheen Shah Afridi.

I don't think I'm the only one who is absolutely done with Imam-ul-Haq. I would rather see them play Huraira or Saim Ayub at the top, then him. Because it will always be the same old story for him. He will dominate a bit at home and then get bounced out when he goes to SENA.

Also need to get rid of Nauman Ali. Pakistan has nothing to gain from playing this mediocre, 50 year old spinner. Aamer Jamal and Agha Salman should both play. They have been excellent for Pakistan in tests and there is absolutely no reason to drop them. The pace attack should consist of Aamer Jamal, Naseem Shah and Shaheen Shah Afridi.
Agree that Nauman is far more ideal but who else get keep an end down in Pakistan conditions? We are very poor in the spin department and we need to win our home test matches.

You would hope the selectors are looking for a talented off spinner to take over from Nauman in the test arena but we know how useless the selectors are these days.

I forgot about Huraira, good shout to replace Imam.

Agree that Nauman is far more ideal but who else get keep an end down in Pakistan conditions? We are very poor in the spin department and we need to win our home test matches.

You would hope the selectors are looking for a talented off spinner to take over from Nauman in the test arena but we know how useless the selectors are these days.

I forgot about Huraira, good shout to replace Imam.

Generally Pakistan pitches favor pace and one spinner is enough. During the mid-2000s aswell Kaneria used to be our lone spinner.

But I would consider grooming Mehran Mumtaz as the number two spinner. I think he has decent potential in all-formats. Abrar though should be the main all-format spinner now.

This. Winning home tests is relatively easy. Pakistan need a good spinning option and already have a good seam bowling attack. The batting can play well in home conditions.

But making a flat pitch against England is suicide. They will go got 500 runs in a single day and bat the game out of Pakistan's range. They have to favour seam bowling

Pakistan and humiliate another team? These words don’t make sense in a sentence when it comes to Pakistan. We could likely be on the receiving end of humiliation but never dish it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pak's test team batting is actually a lot more fun and hopeful to watch. There is good talent there with Shafique, Saud, Salman etc.

Team management should back these youngsters ability and play on bowling friendly pitches.

Ironically fielding and fitness is one the easiest things to fix lol.

The hardest thing to fix is figuring out how to make a player perform and improve their skills for example Saim ayub.

Fielding and fitness are easy things to sort out but for some reason pakistan can't.

But I'm not suprised, this system allows azam khan to play lol.
Well I am not so sure about it.

I think fielding and fitness are the toughest to change because those are cultural things. That culture needs to start from thr bottom of the pyramid.

India used to suck and fielding and fitness till 2000s. But since then the system has ensured that fitness and fielding skills are imbibed by kids right at u - 13 levels. They also have icons like Kohli to look upto. Hence the likes of Jaiswal look like an MMA fighter at just 21 and Gill flaunting his abs.

Currently Pakistan cricket is caught in a vicious circle. None of the current crop of players inspire the youngsters with their application and fitness and the system promotes the likes of Azam Khan to be considered at the highest level. This in turn will bring only more youngsters who don't care about fitness or fielding skills and the cycle repeats.

The only way to break this is by adopting a two prong strategy. A long term one where strictest fitness standards are imposed right from kids cricket all the way up to U 19. And on the short term, introduce fitness standards step by step on the national players. Encourage them to work on their standards say over next 6-12 months and meet increasingly tougher fitness standards. PCB cannot afford to throw the baby with the bathwater by suddenly imposing strict standards on the national players because that will have a detrimental effect in reducing the quality of the squad itself. So do it in a scientific manner.

It is 100% achievable if one looks at a jorizon of 5 to 10 years. And such a culture will also be self sustaining.

Pak's test team batting is actually a lot more fun and hopeful to watch. There is good talent there with Shafique, Saud, Salman etc.

Team management should back these youngsters ability and play on bowling friendly pitches.
PCB has no idea how to take home advantage and make pitches in Pakistan's favor. They would end up making roads for boring games with very little to no contribution in player's development.

Humiliating England test team is not for everyone. I fear Pakistan will be humiliated again given that Stokes is still smarting from his humiliation in Ndia series. He will want to beat Pakistan badly to get everyone singing his praise again.

The way Pakistan are playing they could lose to anyone.

Series with Bangladesh will be a proper contest for Pakistan team, because our bar had lowered so much that now Bangladesh and AfG are competitive against us, taking 20 wicket will be a challenge, Pakistan pace attack lacks the potency and spinners are novice at test level. Hopefully the mantra of handing debuts to 3,4 random guys will stop

Pakistan as the home team should first make sure they are not humiliated by the visitors before planning to destroy and humiliate the latter.
Prioritise ppl... :inti

I want Pakistan team to smash Bangladesh to a point that their test status gets revoked.

Pakistan will absolutely smash Bangladesh in Tests. I don't see how BD can even compete.

BD got whitewashed in their own backyard by even Lanka.

I don't give them any chance in PAK.

Against England though , the fact that PAK don't have a single quality seamer will count against them. Jimmy, Ollie and Wood found more threat with the old ball than PAK seamers last time and that's where the series was won and lost.

Pakistan will absolutely smash Bangladesh in Tests. I don't see how BD can even compete.

BD got whitewashed in their own backyard by even Lanka.

I don't give them any chance in PAK.

Against England though , the fact that PAK don't have a single quality seamer will count against them. Jimmy, Ollie and Wood found more threat with the old ball than PAK seamers last time and that's where the series was won and lost.
sure we will. We are playing Srilanka first which we have no chance

Avoiding humiliation appears to be a better ambition as of now rather than the other way round.

Pak-Ban will likely be close, Pak slight favorites.
Pak-Eng - England heavy favourites

I am not sure why some posters think Bangladesh will put up a tough fight and predicting a win against Pakistan. Bangladesh are minnows in the test format; Pakistan will absolutely thrash them.

Watch how against the likes of Sri Lanka and Bangladesh we'll pluck the courage to roll out green tops.

Against teams with decent seamers as we saw in 2022 the pitches suddenly have less life than a graveyard.

Watch how against the likes of Sri Lanka and Bangladesh we'll pluck the courage to roll out green tops.

Against teams with decent seamers as we saw in 2022 the pitches suddenly have less life than a graveyard.
Has anyone figured out if that was Ramiz's prerogative or the team management's? I wouldn't be surprised if it was Ramiz's idea. He's dumb as rocks. But I be would be surprised if team management had a significant say in it.

Creating pitches that bury your fast-bowling (one of your biggest strengths) is such a gutless and cowardly thing to do. Had they produced sporting pitches and we'd still lost, we could have accepted that. But I guess this is inevitable when they go in with the strategy of not losing, rather than winning

Pakistan were definitely competitive in tests this time around in Australia when compared to their previous tours, their bowling did well but batsman failed, especially Babar who should have lead by example

I would love if it happens. Some might say khyali pulav and all ... But never lose hope brother. <3

England and Bangladesh will humiliate us, we are pathetic.. accept the facts please...

And on top of being unimaginably unfit, our players are power hungry, everybody wants to be the captain - Political boys!!

Get rid of our toxic core please..

Bangladesh might struggle here but ENGLAND??? HUMILIATE THEM??

they humiliated Pakistan in Pakistan by scoring 500 runs in a day in almost every game. That was a humiliation. Can Pakistan match that?? NAY.

Back