Pakistan squads for Asia Cup and Afghanistan series: Saud Shakeel added to Asia Cup squad

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Inzamam-ul-Haq, the head of the national men’s selection committee, today announced squads for the ACC Men's Asia Cup and the three-match One-Day International series against Afghanistan. An 18-player squad will take on Afghanistan in Sri Lanka from 22 till 26 August and it will be trimmed to 17 players for the Asia Cup, which begins from the Multan Cricket Stadium on 30 August when Pakistan play Nepal.

Openers: Abdullah Shafique, Fakhar Zaman and Imam-ul-Haq

Middle order: Babar Azam (captain), Salman Ali Agha, Iftikhar Ahmed, Tayyab Tahir and Saud Shakeel (only for Afghanistan series).

Wicketkeepers: Mohammad Rizwan and Mohammad Haris

Spinners: Shadab Khan (vice-captain), Mohammad Nawaz and Usama Mir

Pace all-rounder: Faheem Ashraf

Pacers: Haris Rauf, Mohammad Wasim Jnr, Naseem Shah and Shaheen Afridi

Tayyab Tahir, Faheem Ashraf and Saud Shakeel have been included in the squad for the Afghanistan series. Shan Masood and Ihsanullah are the two players from the squad that played New Zealand in the five ODIs in April and May to miss out.

Faheem returns to the side after two years and further adds to the balance of the side as a fast bowling all-rounder. His last outing in the format was during Pakistan’s three-match away series against England in July 2021.

This is Tayyab’s second call-up in the ODI side. His maiden call-up came ahead of the three ODIs against New Zealand in January following a stellar show in the Pakistan Cup 2022-23 that saw him finish as the leading run-getter in the event. The right-handed middle-order batter recently struck a scintillating century to orchestrate Pakistan Shaheens’ thumping 128-run win over India A in the ACC Men’s Emerging Cup final.

Saud, who does not feature in the Asia Cup squad, has played five ODIs and his last was in March 2022 when Pakistan chased down 348 against Australia with six wickets in hand in Lahore.

Shan has missed out on selection following a string of low-scores, while Ihsanullah is undergoing a rehabilitation programme under the observation of the PCB’s medical panel following an injury in his bowling elbow.

The team will assemble in Hambantota on 18 August with the players in Pakistan departing on 17 August. The players in Pakistan will hold a three-day camp on 14, 15 and 16 August at the National Cricket Academy, Lahore.

Note:

The squad has been finalised following consultations between the national men’s selection committee – which also includes Mickey Arthur, Grant Bradburn and Hassan Cheema (secretary) – and Pakistan captain Babar Azam.

Player participating in Lankan Premier League and The Hundred will join the squad directly in Sri Lanka on 18 August.

1691582042587.png

Faheem Ashraf over Aamer Jamal is a shame

Jamal is a genuine 140kmh pacer

How the hell did Faheem Ashraf make to the squad? Hasnt been in the ODI team for a long time..now suddenly makes it t the squad… Aminr Jamal would have been much better option..

Don’t understand the concept of “this series only”

Dude if they play well in “this series only”, they play in the World Cup. Simple as!

Also..is only Saud Shakeel added for Afghanistan series, only…or Tayyab Tahir, Faheem Ashraf and Saud Shakeel , all three are for Afghanistan series only and not Asia cup? PCB’s press release is confusing.. it says squad will be trimmed to 17 players for Asia cup but also says, Saud Shakeel, Tayyab Tahir and Faheem Ashraf are for Afghanistan series..

Faheem Ashraf over Amir Jamal is mind boggling

Nawaz has been bowling tripe in the LPL

He might not be the all rounder for the World Cup with this loss of form.

Pak should play Shadab and Mir

Pakistan will play a lot of their WC games in Chennai, Hyderabad and Calcutta. Our Indian posters may know better, but those surfaces will really suit spinners. Thus playing a three man spin attack of Shaddy, Mir and Nawaz isn’t out of the question.

Useless pathetic Faheem Asharf is back, what else you expect from a selector who is not in touch with everyday cricket , his priorites are different.

Faheem must have some dirt on the selectors. Even Zimbabwe wouldn't select such a low-quality "all-rounder". The guy is a glorified toddler that has never experienced scoring even 30 runs in a single ODI match.

Faheem Ashraf's bowling average - 46.08

His bowling average against top 5 ranked teams - 83.7

His batting average against top 5 ranked teams - 10.93

Faheem is the worst all-rounder in Pakistan's ODI history. Inzamam has some questions to answer.

Faheem Ashraf is a good addition.

World Cup is in India. A pace bowler allrounder is needed to act as third seamer as we will be playing more spinners.

In a team with 3 spinners and 3 pacers, this helps with the combination. Aamar Jamals issue is he can bowl but he cant bat like an allrounder

Faheem must have some dirt on the selectors. Even Zimbabwe wouldn't select such a low-quality "all-rounder". The guy is a glorified toddler that has never experienced scoring even 30 runs in a single ODI match.

Faheem Ashraf's bowling average - 46.08

His bowling average against top 5 ranked teams - 83.7

His batting average against top 5 ranked teams - 10.93

Faheem is the worst all-rounder in Pakistan's ODI history. Inzamam has some questions to answer.
WEl cricket isnt about 5 teams only. Its a world cup that is coming up and that too in India, we need allrounders

both the chaps have similar pedigree. Slightly above average, will never win anything big.
Faheem would not start anyways, Baqi stop typical Rona Dhona guys Shukr hai starting XI me koi blunder nai mara , And Amir Jamal isn't reincarnation of Sobers, Plus you don't even need a pace all rounder in Asian conditions , it's luxury not must , And dropping Shan is massive plus, i may have kept him if WC was in SENA but in Asia he is completely useless. Surprised happily they kept Harris is squad andar not Sarfraz for so called spin ability, This is A from overall for the Squad. Hope no major change for WC Squad maybe Ihsan Ullah for backup pacer instead of Fahim. This is shaping to be best Pak squad for WC after 1999. Not sold on Tayyab Tahir vs quality pace , but Harris with his health track record and now age as well haven't made himself any favors otherwise in peak form in Indian conditions he could be even better than Babar with his overall game vs Spin and Pace and confident finishing.

WEl cricket isnt about 5 teams only. Its a world cup that is coming up and that too in India, we need allrounders
Faheem isn't an all-rounder. He's a part-time bowler that thinks he can bat.

If Babar rolled his arm he'd take more wickets than Faheem.

When Faheem plays the team isn't XI, it's X.

Thats what YOU think. Not him

He is an allrounder and no Babar cannot take more wickets than Faheem, thats illogical.

World Cup is in India. You dont need an extra pacer, you need spinners. And when you are packing with spinners, you need a guy who can offer you the role of pace allrounder.

With Shadab and Usama Mir playing, Followed by Naseem and Shaheen, Pakistan will need an allrounder somewhere. And thats where Faheem will be added. Iftikhar and Salman agha will also be bowling overs aswell.

If you play 3 pacers, for e.g, Naseem, Shaheen and Haris Rauf, 30 overs of pace will never be bowled by them. It will be 7 overs each or one bowler bowling his qouta while another bowling 7 + 3 or 6 + 4.

If you are going to play a pacer (with 0 batting skills) just to bowl 5-6 overs and not his full qouta, might aswell take an allrounder with you who will do the same thing and also offer you batting.

Faheem Ashraf is a good addition.

World Cup is in India. A pace bowler allrounder is needed to act as third seamer as we will be playing more spinners.

In a team with 3 spinners and 3 pacers, this helps with the combination. Aamar Jamals issue is he can bowl but he cant bat like an allrounder
Faheem Ashraf can't bat. He averages 11 with the bat in limited overs cricket with highest score of 30. And bowling too is below average
I can't understand how anyone thinks he is an all rounder

Injustice against Harris Sohail yet again
I am also his big fan bit he have been of the boil for long time and isn't getting any younger or healthier. And we have good enough replacements. Even though at his peak he would he would be second name on team sheet after Bobby.

Faheem Ashraf can't bat. He averages 11 with the bat in limited overs cricket with highest score of 30. And bowling too is below average
I can't understand how anyone thinks he is an all rounder
he is an allrounder. Plus, this isnt a world cup squad, its a squad for Asia cup and Afghanistan. Atleast let him prove himself, if he does prove himself than take him to the world cup. If not, than risk taking another pacer.

he is an allrounder. Plus, this isnt a world cup squad, its a squad for Asia cup and Afghanistan. Atleast let him prove himself, if he does prove himself than take him to the world cup. If not, than risk taking another pacer.
70 LOI's that's a lot of games to prove oneself. I would say he's one of the luckiest cricketers ever

He is an allrounder and no Babar cannot take more wickets than Faheem, thats illogical.

World Cup is in India. You dont need an extra pacer, you need spinners. And when you are packing with spinners, you need a guy who can offer you the role of pace allrounder.

With Shadab and Usama Mir playing, Followed by Naseem and Shaheen, Pakistan will need an allrounder somewhere. And thats where Faheem will be added. Iftikhar and Salman agha will also be bowling overs aswell.

If you play 3 pacers, for e.g, Naseem, Shaheen and Haris Rauf, 30 overs of pace will never be bowled by them. It will be 7 overs each or one bowler bowling his qouta while another bowling 7 + 3 or 6 + 4.

If you are going to play a pacer (with 0 batting skills) just to bowl 5-6 overs and not his full qouta, might aswell take an allrounder with you who will do the same thing and also offer you batting.
Again I don't understand why you keep calling him an all-rounder, he isn't one. If we start calling Faheem an all-rounder then we must also call Mohammad Wasim Jnr an all-rounder.

Batting average of 11.47(Faheem) vs 9.50(Wasim Jnr), there isn't much of a difference. Actually, there is one difference, Faheem has opened the innings(scored 1) batted one down(5*), and batted at 6-7 seven times and has never even scored 30 runs in a innings, Wasim Jnr has exclusively batted at 8 and lower. If we give Wasim Jnr the same opportunities we gave Faheem he would've at least scored a fifty. All this leaves me to believe that Wasim Jnr is probably a better batsman than Faheem, which says less about Wasim's batting ability and more about Faheem's lack of ability.

Usama Mir is another bowler that's probably a better batsman than Faheem.

Faheem's bowling average in Asia is 72. For reference, Mohammad Wasim Jnr and Haris Sohail's bowling average in Asia is 24.88 and 50.42 respectively.

Please give it a rest, Faheem isn't good, has never been good, and will never be good.

70 LOI's that's a lot of games to prove oneself. I would say he's one of the luckiest cricketers ever
Has never scored 30 runs in a innings and has never taken more than 2 wickets in a innings against a team not named Zimbabwe.

Truly a meme player.

Fahim isn't good to do a job with either bat or ball.

I would not have picked Fahim in the squad but neither would I have picked Jamal in the squad.

My xi would be
Fakhar
Imaam
Babar
Rizwan
Iftikhar
Agha Salman
Usama Mir
Nawaz
Shaheen Afridi
Rauf
Naseem

Shadab has been absolutely trash of lately.
Saud Shakeel is to slow I would prefer Tayyab over Saud if given a choice.

Have you seen Shadab recently he's been pathetic.

Who gets dropped from the 15 man squad then ?

Have you seen Shadab recently he's been pathetic.
But we have to be realistic

Do I want Rizwan in this side? Hell no! But do I acknowledge there is nothing that is possible to remove him because of his friendship+contacts with Babar core group? Yes, I acknowledge that and nothing can be done to change this. Shadab is in the same category, players like him are afforded the opportunity to be in bad form because apparently ‘they are match winners’.

Shadab
Rizwan
Shaheen
Rauf

These boys are going NOWHERE for the next 10 years

Also..is only Saud Shakeel added for Afghanistan series, only…or Tayyab Tahir, Faheem Ashraf and Saud Shakeel , all three are for Afghanistan series only and not Asia cup? PCB’s press release is confusing.. it says squad will be trimmed to 17 players for Asia cup but also says, Saud Shakeel, Tayyab Tahir and Faheem Ashraf are for Afghanistan series..

Faheem Ashraf over Amir Jamal is mind boggling
Saud for Afg series only not asia cup. Tayyab and Faheem for both

Who gets dropped from the 15 man squad then ?
if Faheem performs, than the number of pacers will reduce from the squad and go into reserve list. Faheem gets added to the list.

Tayyab Tahir will not go to the world cup most probably and there is no need for Mohammad Harris aswell. They can be on the reserve list. If Faheem performs with the bat, than 4 pacers and an all rounder is maybe good enough for me. However, i would prefer another spin bowler in the squad

if Faheem performs, than the number of pacers will reduce from the squad and go into reserve list. Faheem gets added to the list.

Tayyab Tahir will not go to the world cup most probably and there is no need for Mohammad Harris aswell. They can be on the reserve list. If Faheem performs with the bat, than 4 pacers and an all rounder is maybe good enough for me. However, i would prefer another spin bowler in the squad

I hope they rest either 1/2 of Naseem,Shaheen or Rauf and play both Fahim and Wasim Jnr otherwise it will be pointless for fahim to be in the squad.

But we have to be realistic

Do I want Rizwan in this side? Hell no! But do I acknowledge there is nothing that is possible to remove him because of his friendship+contacts with Babar core group? Yes, I acknowledge that and nothing can be done to change this. Shadab is in the same category, players like him are afforded the opportunity to be in bad form because apparently ‘they are match winners’.

Shadab
Rizwan
Shaheen
Rauf

These boys are going NOWHERE for the next 10 years
That's true that no way Shadab will be dropped even if he is in very bad form.

Can someone explain why we have picked only 3 pacers. Please do not tell me that Faheem Ashraf is a pacer

If all this is leading upto the World Cup in India then why would you pick a seam bowling all rounder ahead of Imad Wasim who is a very decent bowler and a strong lower order hitter?

Can someone explain why Imad Wasim wasn't in the mix?

If all this is leading upto the World Cup in India then why would you pick a seam bowling all rounder ahead of Imad Wasim who is a very decent bowler and a strong lower order hitter?

I was waiting for this comment. Imad Wasim is bowling better than Nawaz and Shadab right now and is a much better batsman. Arguably we need his batting more than anything as the lower order is very weak.

I think Imad is being wrongly held back due to his past ODI performances when really he warrants a chance in this series to show what he can do.

He should definitely be in the mix.

Because there are already a gazillion spinners in the team. What concerns me is the lack of pacers. What if Shaheen & Naseem, both of whom are injury prone get unfit? Really should have picked Zaman Khan or Ihsanullah

I was waiting for this comment. Imad Wasim is bowling better than Nawaz and Shadab right now and is a much better batsman. Arguably we need his batting more than anything as the lower order is very weak.

I think Imad is being wrongly held back due to his past ODI performances when really he warrants a chance in this series to show what he can do.
imad wasim is not young anymore neither he seems interested in playing odis

there is also big question mark on his fitness for odis .

I laugh when people say Nawaz and Faheem are all rounder any decent fast bowler round the wicket and bowl good length in swinger to them guaranteed wicket any given day
imad wasim is not young anymore neither he seems interested in playing odis

there is also big question mark on his fitness for odis .

He is way better than both Nawaz and Faheem when it comes to batting mentally tough plus he can bowl in powerplay if bowling first on sunny day in 🇮🇳. Overall would be better selection for Asia cup and India

Are we saying the team for the WC will look like this. If it does, the batting looks light

Imam
FZ
Babar
Abdullah
Riz
Chacha
Shadab
Nawaz
Rauf
SSA
NS

Are we saying the team for the WC will look like this. If it does, the batting looks light

Imam
FZ
Babar
Abdullah
Riz
Chacha
Shadab
Nawaz
Rauf
SSA
NS
Probably something like that but put Rizwan at 4 and Salman in place of Abdullah. Also SSA will be no. 9 and Naseem will be 10 with Rauf at 11

Good squad except Faheem, with Nawaz, Shadab, Usama, Wasim Jnr and even Shaheen cab bat as well as Faheem, he was not needed.
Salman should also play ahead of Iftikhar in the actual team, better batsman and bowler.

I wonder if other teams start playing bazball game and putting scores like 350+ against Pakistan for a chase this team will give up on the way to the dressing room. Same old fear mentality.

Well played boys Inzi!

Agha Salman should be considered for the number 4/5 batting slot proberly the best player of spin in this squad.

Imam
FZ
Babar
Abdullah
Riz
Chacha
Shadab
Nawaz
Rauf
SSA
NS
Batting looks extremely weak and everything will depend on Imam, Babar and Rizwan to not gift their wickets away.

Imam
FZ
Babar
Abdullah
Riz
Chacha
Shadab
Nawaz
Rauf
SSA
NS
No, it's going to Salman instead of Abdullah and that's a fairly strong lineup. Weak link is always going to be Pakistan lacking a destructive hitter in the end who can really go hard in death overs. Ifti is the closest thing.

Either way, Pakistan was never going to have the strongest batting unit anyways. That will belong to England/India/Australia but Pakistan balance of batting & bowling is fantastic and having all the the type of variety you need.

I would have liked to have seen Imad (instead of Faheem) and Zaman Khan (instead of Mohd Wasim Jr) in there. Imad is an impact player and generally soaks up pressure really well, which I feel is important if we have to play India a few times. He also averages 43 with the bat with a strike rate of 110!

While Zaman is still very fresh -- every delivery he bowls just looks so threatening, and he mixes it up really well. Mohd Wasim is good, but I feel that 80% of what he bowls are inswinging deliveries into the hitting arc of the batsman.

Can someone explain why we have picked only 3 pacers. Please do not tell me that Faheem Ashraf is a pacer
world cup is india, you dont need more than 4 pacers there. Waseem jr and Haris also there.

Good squad but XI will be same old boring one but I’d pick my own.

Fakhar
Imam
Babar
Abdullah/Tayyab Tahir
Rizwan
Iftikhar/ Haris
Agha Salman/Faheem/Nawaz
Shadab/Usama Mir
Shaheen
Naseem
Haris

Ifitkhar and Agha can do Nawaz’s job in a game to see batting depth. Shadab and Usama can be rotated based on performance.

Pacers and Shadab on their day should enough for to bowl out teams in 40 Overs.

Going in 6 pure batsmen with 2 all rounders is a must. Even our tail has to be able to add some runs. Shaheen and Naseem have some pedigree in that regards as well, with some noteworthy performances.

Imagine Rizwan fans saying Pakistan’s ODI batting is too reliant on Rizwan

Hahahahahahahahahaha

They said the same about him in Test too

Batting looks extremely weak and everything will depend on Imam, Babar and Rizwan to not gift their wickets away.
It will depend on Rizwan to not be exposed in this format like he was in Test

I would have liked to have seen Imad (instead of Faheem) and Zaman Khan (instead of Mohd Wasim Jr) in there. Imad is an impact player and generally soaks up pressure really well, which I feel is important if we have to play India a few times. He also averages 43 with the bat with a strike rate of 110!

While Zaman is still very fresh -- every delivery he bowls just looks so threatening, and he mixes it up really well. Mohd Wasim is good, but I feel that 80% of what he bowls are inswinging deliveries into the hitting arc of the batsman.

Must be why Wasim Jr. is 24.20 with 24 wickets in 14 matches as a bowler in ODI's playing mostly in flat Pakistani pitches.

Zaman Khan meanwhile is averaging 55+ in List A cricket with 6 wickets in 7 matches. He'll get better obviously in that format but he's not there yet.

Overall good squad which provides all sorts of potential combinations to the team management and captain.

Main XI selects itself based upon last year or so in ODI cricket. Out of them one or two slots can shuffled based upon the needs and form of the players.

I guess this will be the final 11.

01Babar Azam
02Imam Ul Haq
03Fakhar Zaman
04M. Rizwan
05Agha Salman
06Iftikhar Ahmed
07Shadab Khan
08M. Nawaz
09Shaheen Shah Afridi
10Naseem Shah
11Haris Rauf

I guess this will be the final 11.

01Babar Azam
02Imam Ul Haq
03Fakhar Zaman
04M. Rizwan
05Agha Salman
06Iftikhar Ahmed
07Shadab Khan
08M. Nawaz
09Shaheen Shah Afridi
10Naseem Shah
11Haris Rauf
Babar don't open in ODI's & I think Iftikhar will come at 5. Most likely Pakistan will go with same XI for opening match in the WC

Glad that Shan finally got the boot but why on earth would you bring Faheem in the squad he's a medicore player with few decent outings in test cricket not in LOI's

There isn't much to fix with the ODI team. Even Rizwan's batting is enough given his prowess with the gloves, he's averaging 68 this year, and while I think he'd do way better opening, he'll suffice at 4. Agha Salman has been very impressive making his slot his own. Iftikhar seems to have taken the remaining middle order slot, he did really well against New Zealand and hopefully keeps it up. Agha at 5, Iftikhar at 6.

The allrounder slot at 7 should be Imad, that would have solved the headache at that position.

The other main concern is the spinner. Shadab in ODIs hasn't been good enough lately, his bowling isn't good enough for a bowling specialist, his batting is not good enough to be an allrounder at 7, especially when a superior one exists with the bat in Imad. It would be nice to see a proper spinner threat in our ODI side again. We haven't really had one since Ajmal. I'd probably play Usama Mir and have Shadab as the allrounder, mainly because I don't really rate the other allrounders they've picked for the squad.

Barring Faheem Ashraf which is a weird choice, the squad is really good. Captain, Coach, Selector and the fans all are happy with this squad.

I agree with the Babar part. He is a natural offie. Why can't he bowl often like Root and Williamson?

Faheem is not an all-rounder.He doesn’t have the pace or bounce to trouble batsmen.Arshad Iqbal or Zaman Khan would have been a better option.Disappointed with Dahani and Hasnain.Both have the attributes of fast bowlers ie height,pace and bounce but they have regressed.A stint in England with a county or league club may help them.English county bowling coaches are very good and can help them.

Lack of quality all rounders is our major problem. In such a situation the captain should rely on specialists and secure either bowling or batting as team's main strength.
I would pick a team similar to Dhoni's 11 in 2011 world cup. Raina batting at 7 played some crucial knocks. Dhoni played only 4 bowlers. Yuvraj Sehwag Raina sachin all pure batsmen who could bowl spin. Perfect combo for sub continent conditions.

My 11

Imam
Fakhar
Babar
Rizwan
Tayyab/ Saud
Agha
Iftikhar
Usama
Shaheen
Naseem
Rauf

Agha and Iftikhar 5th and 6th bowling options. I think they are very capable bowlers. Babar Saud and Fakhar too can bowl couple of overs.

Like many, I also don't like the selection of Faheem Ashraf. If they needed a Pace bowling AR then short term Aamir Yamin who may not the quickest and leaks runs, but is a experience AR or go for Aamer Jamal who does need refinement in his skills but does have potential to be a solid AR.

My line-up for the Asia Cup will be consistent whereas I wouldn't be surprised if during the Afghanistan series, Pakistan team tries different middle-lower order batters & spinners.

1. Fakhar Zaman
2. Imam-ul-Haq
3. Babar Azam (C)
4. Iftikhar Ahmed
5. Mohammad Rizwan (WK)
6. Agha Ali Salman
7. Mohammad Nawaz
8. Usama Mir
9. Shaheen Shah Afridi
10. Naseem Shah
11. Haris Rauf

I dont know why for some reason i feel we dont have much batting strength in that squad at all

And, in your eyes Faheem is an all rounder ? can't bowl, can't bat type of all rounder . We're trying to make him one since 2016, without much luck.

The spinners on spin tracks for the next 2-3 months:

Mahesh Theekshana
Wanindu Hasaranga
Wallalage
Ravi Ashwin
Yuzi Chahal
Ravi Bishnoi
Kuldeep Yadav
Ravi Jadeja
Rashid Khan
Noor Ahmed
Mujeeb Zadran
Mohammad Nabi
Shakib Al Hassan
Mehidy Hassan Miraz
Sandeep Lamichane

Time to average 80 against spin for the next 2 months Babar Azam. No Ish Sodhi for some time boy

Lack of quality all rounders is our major problem. In such a situation the captain should rely on specialists and secure either bowling or batting as team's main strength.
I would pick a team similar to Dhoni's 11 in 2011 world cup. Raina batting at 7 played some crucial knocks. Dhoni played only 4 bowlers. Yuvraj Sehwag Raina sachin all pure batsmen who could bowl spin. Perfect combo for sub continent conditions.

My 11

Imam
Fakhar
Babar
Rizwan
Tayyab/ Saud
Agha
Iftikhar
Usama
Shaheen
Naseem
Rauf

Agha and Iftikhar 5th and 6th bowling options. I think they are very capable bowlers. Babar Saud and Fakhar too can bowl couple of overs.

Ideal playing XI based on the squad. Our allrounders are pretty terrible at both jobs and this is the best we can do.

The squad has a lot of options which can confusing for team management sometimes. I would ensure that M Haris is in the starting XI. He is the wild card who can make things happen.

My preferred XI:
1. Imam
2. Fakhar
3. Babar
4. Iftikhar
5. Rizwan
6. Salman
7. M Haris
8. Shadab
9. Shaheen
10. Rauf
11. Naseem

PCB confirms team management for Afghanistan series and ACC Asia Cup

Lahore, 11 August 2023:

The Pakistan Cricket Board today confirms the support staff of Pakistan men’s team for the forthcoming three One-Day Internationals against Afghanistan in Sri Lanka from 22 to 26 August and ACC Asia Cup to be held in Pakistan and Sri Lanka from 30 August to 17 September.

Pakistan men’s team will play the opening match of the ACC Asia Cup in Multan on 30 August against Nepal.

Player support personnel: Rehan-ul-Haq (team manager), Mickey Arthur (Director – Pakistan men’s team), Grant Bradburn (head coach), Andrew Puttick (batting coach), Morne Morkel (bowling coach), Aftab Khan (fielding coach), Abdul Rehman (assistant coach), Dr Sohail Saleem (team doctor), Drikus Saaiman (strength and conditioning coach), Cliffe Deacon (physiotherapist)

PCB confirms team management for Afghanistan series and ACC Asia Cup

Lahore, 11 August 2023:

The Pakistan Cricket Board today confirms the support staff of Pakistan men’s team for the forthcoming three One-Day Internationals against Afghanistan in Sri Lanka from 22 to 26 August and ACC Asia Cup to be held in Pakistan and Sri Lanka from 30 August to 17 September.

Pakistan men’s team will play the opening match of the ACC Asia Cup in Multan on 30 August against Nepal.

Player support personnel: Rehan-ul-Haq (team manager), Mickey Arthur (Director – Pakistan men’s team), Grant Bradburn (head coach), Andrew Puttick (batting coach), Morne Morkel (bowling coach), Aftab Khan (fielding coach), Abdul Rehman (assistant coach), Dr Sohail Saleem (team doctor), Drikus Saaiman (strength and conditioning coach), Cliffe Deacon (physiotherapist)
Still cant get my head around why Najam Sethi gave us a team director and a head coach. Surely team direction is a position which should be part of the responsibility of the PCB head.

Back