Pakistan tour of South Africa 2018/19

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
CSA ANNOUNCES BUMPER 2018/19 HOME INTERNATIONAL SEASON

Monday, 23 April 2018

CRICKET SOUTH AFRICA (CSA) today announced another bumper programme of home international fixtures for the 2018-19 season against Zimbabwe, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.

The international seasons starts with three-match series against Zimbabwe in both white ball formats from the end of September to the middle of October.

Pakistan are then the guests for the festive season with SuperSport Park hosting the opening Sunfoil Test match, starting on the Day of Goodwill (December 26) followed by the traditional New Year Test at PPC Newlands and the final Test match at the Bidvest Wanderers Stadium in mid-January.

This will be followed by five Momentum ODIs and three KFC T20 International matches.

Sri Lanka start their tour in mid-February with Sunfoil Test matches at Kingsmead and St. George’s Park to be followed by five Momentum ODIs and three KFC T20 International matches.

“We are pleased to announce the complete schedule of international cricket for our home season,” commented CSA Acting Chief Executive, Thabang Moroe. “It is going to be a very busy period and a very big one for our Standard Bank Proteas who will be using the programme of 13 ODIs against three different opponents in addition to the away tours to fine tune their preparations for the 2019 ICC World Cup to be played in England and Wales commencing on 30 May next year.

“Following the outstanding Test match cricket played by the Proteas during the past season we can also look forward to plenty more world-class entertainment by our acknowledged stars during the five Test matches against Pakistan and Sri Lanka.

“By taking the Zimbabwe tour to some of our smaller venues we are also creating the opportunity for our fans around the country to see the Proteas in action.

“Our fans now also have the opportunity to make their holiday plans in good time so that they can watch the Proteas in action in their favourite formats,” concluded Mr. Moroe.

ZIMBABWE TOUR ITINERARY 2018

September 30 : 10h00, 1st Momentum ODI, Diamond Oval, Kimberley (Day)

October 3 : 13h00, 2nd Momentum ODI, Mangaung Oval, Bloemfontein (D/N)

October 6 : 13h00, 3rd Momentum ODI, Eurolux Boland Park, Paarl (D/N)

October 9 : 18h00, 1st KFC T20 International, Buffalo Park, East London (D/N)

October 12 : 18h00, 2nd KFC T20 International, Senwes Park, Potchefstroom (D/N)

October 14 : 14h30, 3rd KFC T20 International, Willowmoore Park, Benoni (Day)

PAKISTAN TOUR ITINERARY 2018/19

December 19-21: 10h00, Three-day tour match v SA Invitation XI, Willowmoore Park, Benoni

December 26-30: 10h00, 1st Sunfoil Test match, SuperSport Park, Centurion

January 3-7 : 10h30, 2nd Sunfoil Test match, PPC Newlands, Cape Town

January 11-15 : 10h00, 3rd Sunfoil Test match, Bidvest Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg

January 19 : 13h00, 1st Momentum ODI, St. George’s Park, Port Elizabeth (D/N)

January 22 : 13h00, 2nd Momentum ODI, Kingsmead, Durban (D/N)

January 25 : 13h00, 3rd Momentum ODI, SuperSport Park, Centurion (D/N)

January 27 : 10h00, 4th Momentum ODI, Bidvest Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg (Day)

January 30 : 13h00, 5th Momentum ODI, PPC Newlands, Cape Town (D/N)

February 1 : 18h00, 1st KFC T20 International, PPC Newlands, Cape Town (D/N)

February 3 : 14h30, 2nd KFC T20 International, Bidvest Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg (Day)

February 6 : 18h00, 3rd KFC T20 International, SuperSport Park, Centurion (D/N)

SRI LANKA TOUR ITINERARY 2019

February 13-17 : 10h00, 1st Sunfoil Test match, Kingsmead, Durban

February 21-25 : 10h00, 2nd Sunfoil Test match, St. George’s Park, Port Elizabeth

February 28 : 10h00, One-Day tour match v SA Invitation XI, Willowmoore Park, Benoni (Day)

March 3 : 10h00, 1st Momentum ODI, Bidvest Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg (Day)

March 6 : 13h00, 2nd Momentum ODI, SuperSport Park, Centurion (D/N)

March 10 : 10h00, 3rd Momentum ODI, Kingsmead, Durban (Day)

March 13 : 13h00, 4th Momentum ODI, St. George’s Park, Port Elizabeth (D/N)

March 16 : 13h00, 5th Momentum ODI, PPC Newlands, Cape Town (D/N)

March 19 : 18h00, 1st KFC T20 International, PPC Newlands, Cape Town (D/N)

March 22 : 18h00, 2nd KFC T20 International, SuperSport Park, Centurion (D/N)

March 24 : 14h30, 3rd KFC T20 International, Bidvest Wanderers Stadium (Day)

Last edited by a moderator:
It feels like hell awaits our team every January, this year it was NZ tour, next year will be South Africa. ITs going to be disaster we have'nt found any formidable batsmen in the top 5.Selfish Azam is going to get exposed big time if he is playing till that tour. I'm actually expecting many voluntary injuries before the tour most likely Imam Haq and Babar Azam. Going to be very tough tour.

The CRUCIAL thing here is that two of the three Tests are at high altitude, at Johannesburg and Centurion.

There are three venues in South Africa where short foreign pace bowlers can succeeed - Cape Town, Port Elizabeth and Durban.

But 2 of the 3 matches for Pakistan are up on the High Veldt, whete pace bowlers from overseas need to be at least 6’3 and to get sharp bounce from a full length.

So Hasan Ali and Mohammad Amir are only selectable for their batting and a few overs of seam bowling.

And suddenly Shaheen Shah Afridi is the key bowler, along with fellow lefties Rahat Ali and Wahab Riaz.

And equally suddenly, Ehsan Adil - who first made the grade in South Africa - becomes important again!

Great tour but the tests will likely be one sided. The ODI series will probably be more competitive and the t20s will likely go Pakistan's way. Cant wait!

One warm-up side game before the First Test is not enough - on the last two tours of South Africa it was rain-ruined.

Pakistan should suggest to Zimbabwe that it would like to “host” Zimbabwe for two Tests at small South African centres like East London - Mickey Arthur’s Home town - and Potchefstroom.

The cost to the PCB would be minimal - but the preparation would be priceless.

No hope for the test series as we need proper preparation, but we could compete in the ODI's and T20I's

We will blank them mercilessly.

Good luck, I'll definitely cheer for PAK team, it's almost like my 2nd home team. Besides, if Sarfraz can be the first Asian captain to win a Test series in SAF; his name should be emblemed in gold at PCB's honor board.

By the way, 6 of the 9 batsmen touring UK/IRL this summer are not ODI players (& they won't get T20 contracts either), neither Yasir, Abbas & Wahab, probably Hamza as well - I would have sent PAK A team with these 9/10 players a month before the tour starts to play some side games. I am sure, CSAF would love to facilitate, because that's the only chance for them to earn gate & media money for total 15 days .....................

Good luck, I'll definitely cheer for PAK team, it's almost like my 2nd home team. Besides, if Sarfraz can be the first Asian captain to win a Test series in SAF; his name should be emblemed in gold at PCB's honor board.

By the way, 6 of the 9 batsmen touring UK/IRL this summer are not ODI players (& they won't get T20 contracts either), neither Yasir, Abbas & Wahab, probably Hamza as well - I would have sent PAK A team with these 9/10 players a month before the tour starts to play some side games. I am sure, CSAF would love to facilitate, because that's the only chance for them to earn gate & media money for total 15 days .....................

Always appreciate your support :19:

Call me stupid but I can see Pakistan winning a test.A lot needs to go our way but I really don’t see SA batting any special and if our seamers can have a good series very much possible that’s why I wanted Shaheen in UK tour squad he could be keys in Sa along with Wahab and Abbas (need to keep AB and Makran quiet maybe De Kock) rest our managable.We need to combine a good bowling performance with 500 run test aggregate and we are in with a real chance.

Seems like a solid itinerary. Hopefully we manage to win at least a test or two. Performances before this series will be a good indication of what is to come. Expect us to do better in LOIs.

Call me stupid but I can see Pakistan winning a test.A lot needs to go our way but I really don’t see SA batting any special and if our seamers can have a good series very much possible that’s why I wanted Shaheen in UK tour squad he could be keys in Sa along with Wahab and Abbas (need to keep AB and Makran quiet maybe De Kock) rest our managable.We need to combine a good bowling performance with 500 run test aggregate and we are in with a real chance.

There is the small matter of negotiating the ATG Saffer bowling attack. No biggie :yk2

Really looking forward to the ODIs will be interesting to see how Babar Talat Fakhar Shaddy Hasan and Amir do in SA

Really looking forward to the ODIs will be interesting to see how Babar Talat Fakhar Shaddy Hasan and Amir do in SA

We will smash them in ODIs and T20s but the Tests will be 3-0 or 2-1 to SA.

There is the small matter of negotiating the ATG Saffer bowling attack. No biggie :yk2
yeah I know hence I said things need to go our way basically need some divine luck .Our first test win in Sa was built on a superb hundred by Azhar Mahmood against Donald,Polly,Fannie,Kalis he was in a purple patch and never replicated that form again so If someone like Fakhar has his day you never know.

Philander has a bowling average of 17 against us in tests :yk3

But [MENTION=132916]Junaids[/MENTION] said we will be playing in high altitude venues where pace bowlers need to be 6”3 :srt

Finally, a proper series. Tests will probably by 3-0 SA. T20's probably 2-1 Pak.
I just hope we can perform in the ODI format, 3-2 loss wont be so bad, but hope we actually win something this time unlike NZ series!

No Steyn, No Morkel....

Fakhar smacked Rabada last time they met.

Really, Rabada?? - That guy is most difficult bowler to face in the world, that too in SA, nobody smacks him in test. Vernon run through our top order like they are tailunders, you forgot 47 all out... Pakistan needs S Afridi, Wahab in the team as well, since height, pace and reverse swing will matter a lot...Last time Misbah took 35 years old trundlers and Hafeez that was one of the worse prepared tour we had in last decade :acp:

Test series wins against the Saffers or the Aussies at their home soils is the Holy Grail...bigger for me than winning the World Cup!

Would be good if we played a 5 Test series. Have not done that for many years now.

Would be good if we played a 5 Test series. Have not done that for many years now.
Allah ka shukar hai. There's only so much pounding a fan can digest. Our test team is too inexperienced to pose South Africa any sort of challenge. Specially if RSA prepare the kind of tracks India got, with Ngidi, Philander and Rabada running riot.

3-0 on the cards if we don't get our batting order stabilised.

Azhar is only test class batsman in your team.

Babar - useless in tests

Fakhar - is yet to play a test

Haris - has played like 2 tests in his entire career

Usman - who is that?

Asad - he shows up for 1 innings per series

This batting line up against Rabada and Philander. *shudders*

Babar - useless in tests

Usman - who is that?

Enjoy the humble pie. Btw I don’t want Asad in the team lol.

Babar - useless in tests

Usman - who is that?

Azhar, Haris, Babar, Usman, Saad are better players of fast bowling then Indian batting which toured recently. They will score more runs. phir na khna bataya nai tha ;)

Azhar, Haris, Babar, Usman, Saad are better players of fast bowling then Indian batting which toured recently. They will score more runs. phir na khna bataya nai tha ;)

So without playing a single test these two random guys are better than the likes of Kohli and Rahane etc. Good Lord.

Babar Azam? The same guy who averages less than Jadeja and Ashwin with the bat is a better player of fast bowling than Indian batting line up? Good lord x 2.

Haris? Who has played a grand total of two tests in his entire career? Good lord x 3.

JOHANNESBURG - Titans chief executive Jacques Faul believes Pakistan will help his union make a success of the Boxing Day Test later this year.

SuperSport Park will host the Test for the first time in its history after Cricket SA released another jam-packed home 2018-19 fixture list for the Proteas.

South Africa will face Zimbabwe, Pakistan and Sri Lanka at home during the 2018-19 season over the course of five Tests, 13 ODI’s and nine T20 International matches, but it is Safraz Khan’s team who will be main the attraction over the festive period.

“We’re happy it’s Pakistan because for us they are a very popular team. And then there’s the changing patterns for people going on holiday, many are leaving for the coast a bit later in December, which may help us,” Faul said. “It’s a privilege to host any Test, but we are really looking forward to making this work.”

While the “Boxing Day Test” is an institution in Australia, Cricket SA’s attempts to do something similar at Kingsmead and St George’s Park have failed dismally.

“It’s a difficult one to put your finger on,” Faul offered by way of explaining the poor crowds for the Boxing Day Test.

“Obviously the opposition is one, but some of the reasons that may exist for people not going to the game - like they have other things to do on their holiday - doesn’t explain why Newlands is such a success, because people make going to the (New Year’s Test) part of their holiday.”

The match starts on a Wednesday and encompasses the weekend as well, which Faul hopes will help ticket sales.

After CSA trialled a maiden pink-ball day/night Test, starting on Boxing Day in Port Elizabeth last year, there is nothing on the schedule next summer, something Faul says is purely down to economics, with turning on the lights costing somewhere in the region of R250 000 a day.

“It was discussed, but not heavily, mainly because it’s so expensive,” said Faul. “If you don’t have full houses for every day of the Test, it’s just not financially worthwhile.”

The Boxing Day Test will be the first of a three-match series against Pakistan, with the second and third Tests played in Cape Town and Johannesburg respectively. The traditional New Year’s Newlands Test has been moved back to start on January 3.

Safraz Ahmed’s team will also play a five-match ODI series and three-match T20 series against the Proteas. The ODI series against the current ICC Champions Trophy holders will be particularly important preparation for the ICC World Cup in England later in 2019.

Prior to the Asian giants’ visit, neighbours Zimbabwe will also face-off against the Proteas in three ODI’s and three T20’s during September and October to kickoff the summer.

The season concludes with Sri Lanka also touring South Africa for another full tour. The Sri Lankans will play Test matches at Kingsmead and St. George’s Park to be followed by five ODIs and three T20 International matches.

https://www.iol.co.za/sport/cricket...day-test-a-success-says-titans-chief-14617562

Allah ka shukar hai. There's only so much pounding a fan can digest. Our test team is too inexperienced to pose South Africa any sort of challenge. Specially if RSA prepare the kind of tracks India got, with Ngidi, Philander and Rabada running riot.

The only way we're going to improve is by playing more Tests. I can take defeats providing I see hope and some light at the end of the tunnel. We have to play outside our comfort zone conditions that is the UAE and Pakistan to get better. We all know that our batsmen are lacking in technique.

Excellent! Need more three test series especially involving teams such as Pakistan and New Zealand who barely play tests these days..

Csa announce itinerary for proteas white ball tour to australia

CRICKET SOUTH AFRICA (CSA) today finalised its build-up programme of international matches ahead of next year’s ICC World Cup in England and Wales when they and Cricket Australia (CA) jointly released the itinerary for the Standard Bank Proteas tour to Australia towards the end of the year.

The Proteas will play three ODIs in addition to a single T20 International match. The Proteas will play at one new venue with the T20 International being played on the Gold Coast.

“We now have a concentrated programme of 21 ODIs – 13 at home and 8 away – ahead of the World Cup,” commented CSA Acting Chief Executive Thabang Moroe. “This will give the National Selection Panel and the Proteas team management time first to finalise our squad of 15 players to bid for that elusive trophy and then every opportunity to fine tune their game plan accordingly.

“I would also like to stress that the other two formats – Test cricket and T20 International cricket – also feature strongly on our list over the next year with 7 Test matches to be played against Sri Lanka and Pakistan and 10 T20 International matches to be played against Australia, Zimbabwe, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.”

The Proteas consolidated itineraries from July 2018 to March 2019 is as follows:

PROTEAS TOUR TO SRI LANKA 2018

July 4: SA arrive in Sri Lanka
July 7-8: Two-day practice match, P Sara Stadium, Colombo
July 12-16: 1st Test match, Galle
July 20-24: 2nd Test match, Colombo
July 26: One-day warm-up match, venue to be confirmed
July 29: 1st ODI, Dambulla (Day match)
August 1: 2nd ODI, Dambulla (D/N)
August 5: 3rd ODI, Kandy (day match)
August 8: 4th ODI, Kandy (D/N)
August 12: 5th ODI, Colombo (D/N)
August 14: T20 International, Colombo (D/N)

ZIMBABWE TOUR TO SA 2018

September 30 : 10h00, 1st Momentum ODI, Diamond Oval, Kimberley (Day)
October 3 : 13h00, 2nd Momentum ODI, Mangaung Oval, Bloemfontein (D/N)
October 6 : 13h00, 3rd Momentum ODI, Eurolux Boland Park, Paarl (D/N)
October 9 : 18h00, 1st KFC T20 International, Buffalo Park, East London (D/N)
October 12 : 18h00, 2nd KFC T20 International, Senwes Park, Potchefstroom (D/N)
October 14 : 14h30, 3rd KFC T20 International, Willowmoore Park, Benoni (Day)

PROTEAS TOUR TO AUSTRALIA 2018

October 31: Prime Minister’s XI, Manuka Oval, Canberra (D/N)
November 4: 1st ODI, Perth (D/N)
November 9: 2nd ODI, Adelaide Oval (D/N)
November 11: 3rd ODI, Hobart (D/N)
November 14: T20 Tour match, Allan Border Field, Brisbane (Day)
November 17: T20 International, Gold Coast (Night)

PAKISTAN TOUR TO SA 2018/19

December 19-21: 10h00, Three-day tour match v SA Invitation XI, Willowmoore Park, Benoni
December 26-30: 10h00, 1st Sunfoil Test match, SuperSport Park, Centurion
January 3-7 : 10h30, 2nd Sunfoil Test match, PPC Newlands, Cape Town
January 11-15 : 10h00, 3rd Sunfoil Test match, Bidvest Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg
January 19 : 13h00, 1st Momentum ODI, St. George’s Park, Port Elizabeth (D/N)
January 22 : 13h00, 2nd Momentum ODI, Kingsmead, Durban (D/N)
January 25 : 13h00, 3rd Momentum ODI, SuperSport Park, Centurion (D/N)
January 27 : 10h00, 4th Momentum ODI, Bidvest Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg (Day)
January 30 : 13h00, 5th Momentum ODI, PPC Newlands, Cape Town (D/N)
February 3 : 14h30, 2nd KFC T20 International, Bidvest Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg (Day)

SRI LANKA TOUR TO SA 2019

February 13-17 : 10h00, 1st Sunfoil Test match, Kingsmead, Durban
February 21-25 : 10h00, 2nd Sunfoil Test match, St. George’s Park, Port Elizabeth
February 28 : 10h00, One-Day tour match v SA Invitation XI, Willowmoore Park, Benoni (Day)
March 3 : 10h00, 1st Momentum ODI, Bidvest Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg (Day)
March 6 : 13h00, 2nd Momentum ODI, SuperSport Park, Centurion (D/N)
March 10 : 10h00, 3rd Momentum ODI, Kingsmead, Durban (Day)
March 13 : 13h00, 4th Momentum ODI, St. George’s Park, Port Elizabeth (D/N)
March 16 : 13h00, 5th Momentum ODI, PPC Newlands, Cape Town (D/N)
March 19 : 18h00, 1st KFC T20 International, PPC Newlands, Cape Town (D/N)
March 22 : 18h00, 2nd KFC T20 International, SuperSport Park, Centurion (D/N)
March 24 : 14h30, 3rd KFC T20 International, Bidvest Wanderers Stadium (Day)

Only one 3 day practice match against what is most likely club cricketers?

We need more preparation than that.

SUPERSPORT PARK TO HOST BOXING DAY TEST AGAINST PAKISTAN

JOHANNESBURG - Cricket South Africa announced on Tuesday that the traditional Boxing Day Test match will move from St Georges Park in Port Elizabeth to a new home in Centurion, with SuperSport Park hosting Pakistan on 26 December.

St Georges Park has played host to the Boxing Day Test match since taking over from Kingsmead in Durban and will move to the Highveld for the first time.

Cricket South Africa’s head of marketing Clive Eksteen says that he is nervous about the move but hopes that the Centurion cricket faithful will turn out in their numbers to support the Proteas during the festive cricket period.

“I’m nervously excited about it because it is a big Test match in our calendar and we’d like to fill the ground.”

SuperSport Park last played host to India in the second Test in February this year, which received some criticism for the slow and low pitch conditions that were prepared for that match that seemingly suited the Indians who eventually lost the match and the series to Faf du Plessis’ men.

Eksteen, however, has no worries about the pitch conditions in Centurion.

“From a ground and wicket perspective, we have no worries about that, it will be fine when we host another sub-continent team in Pakistan.”

The new domestic cricket season kicks off at the middle of September when the four-day series returns, before the Proteas host Zimbabwe in an ODI and T20 International series at the end of the month.

https://ewn.co.za/2018/09/05/supersport-park-to-host-boxing-day-test-against-pakistan

Just 1 practice game in Benoni of all places is unlikely to help pakistan prepare for 3 tough test matches, the PCB need to ensure they are in S.A at least 2 weeks before the series starts even if it means just practising for 2 weeks before the test matches.

Maybe in ODIs and T20s pakistan will be competative.

Gonna be really tough most of these guys have never played a test in SA

Proteas blow as Mulder, Duminy set to miss Pakistan series

Cape Town - Proteas all-rounder Wiaan Mulder and batsman JP Duminy have been ruled out for three months and will miss the upcoming home tour against Pakistan.

It is a massive blow to the Proteas ahead of their busy summer as they travel to Australia, compete in the Mzansi Super League (MSL) and host Pakistan and Sri Lanka.

Cricket South Africa (CSA) confirmed the news on the Proteas duo on Twitter on Tuesday.

Mulder, who sustained an injury during the Zimbabwe T20I series, is currently recovering from ankle surgery.

Meanwhile, Duminy had a successful shoulder operation last week and will not be participating in next month's MSL.

The Proteas travel to Australia this week to play in three ODIs and a T20I and they then host Pakistan in 3 Tests and 5 ODIs over the festive season.

The duo are expected to be ready for Sri Lanka's tour of South Africa, which consists of 2 Tests, 5 ODIs and 3 T20Is starting in February next year.

CSA also confirmed that Proteas batsman Hashim Amla is recovering from a finger injury and is expected to play in the MSL.

https://m.sport24.co.za/Cricket/Pro...ulder-duminy-to-miss-pakistan-series-20181023

ACKERMAN TO CAPTAIN SA INVITATION XI TO PLAY PAKISTAN

Thursday, 29 November 2018

MARQUES ACKERMAN of KZN Coastal will captain the South African Invitation XI to play Pakistan in a three-day match at Willowmoore Park, Benoni from December 19 to 21, ahead of the three-match Test Series between the visitors and the Standard Bank Proteas which starts at SuperSport Park, Centurion, on December 26 2018.

The squad will assemble on December 18.

SA Invitation XI squad: Marques Ackerman (KZN Coastal, capt), Matthew Breezke (Warriors), Tshepang Dithole (Gauteng), Simon Khomari (WSB Cape Cobras), Thandolwethu Mnyaka (Free State), Rivaldo Moonsamy (Multiply Titans), Tshepo Ndwandwa (SWD), Onke Nyaku (EP), Joshua Richards (Gauteng), Kyle Simmonds (Boland), Rubin Trumpelman (Northerns), Lwandiswa Zuma (KZN Inland)

Coach: Shukri Conrad

It will be tough to choose 3 quick bowlers in SA given that Faheem is pretty much guaranteed for the first test. We will have Hasan, Amir, Shaheen competing for the first test. I believe Yasir will be given a chance in the first one. In that case we can only go with Abbas +2 out of the rest of the 3.

I am sure we would have 5 bats + Sarfraz + Faheem + Yasir + Abbas + ? +? in the opening test. Logically, Shaheen has to get a chance. However, if Amir is in the squad picked for his experience, Shaheen will be out of the first test unless he does exceptionally well in the Warm-up game.

It will be tough to choose 3 quick bowlers in SA given that Faheem is pretty much guaranteed for the first test. We will have Hasan, Amir, Shaheen competing for the first test. I believe Yasir will be given a chance in the first one. In that case we can only go with Abbas +2 out of the rest of the 3.

I am sure we would have 5 bats + Sarfraz + Faheem + Yasir + Abbas + ? +? in the opening test. Logically, Shaheen has to get a chance. However, if Amir is in the squad picked for his experience, Shaheen will be out of the first test unless he does exceptionally well in the Warm-up game.

Shaheen would start ahead of Amir for me. Amir unfortunately has been a nothing bowler lately.

For tests my squad will be :

1 Imam
2 Azhar
3 Haris
4 Babar
5 Saad
6 Sarfaraz
7 Shadab
8 Faheem
9 Hassan
10 Shaheen
11 Abbas

12 Amir
13 Yasir
14 Fakhar
15 Shafiq
16 Rizwan

Shaheen would start ahead of Amir for me. Amir unfortunately has been a nothing bowler lately.

No doubt about Shaheen being more superior now. I would not call Amir a nothing bowler but agree that he is struggling.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Pakistan Test squad arrives in South Africa on December 13th ahead of the 3 match series against the Proteas starting at Centurion on December 26th. Pakistan will play a 3-day match against a South Africa Invitational XI starting in Benoni from December 19th- 21st <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SAvPAK?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SAvPAK</a></p>— Saj Sadiq (@Saj_PakPassion) <a href="https://twitter.com/Saj_PakPassion/status/1072870680356483074?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 12, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Was so excited about this tour until the UAE debacle. It's hard to back a timid bunch!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Happy they are here with me&#55357;&#56490;&#55356;&#57340;&#55357;&#56394;&#55356;&#57339;off to South Africa remember us in your dua &#55357;&#56911;&#55356;&#57342; <a href="https://t.co/jmgveOXLHy">pic.twitter.com/jmgveOXLHy</a></p>— Hassan Ali (@RealHa55an) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealHa55an/status/1072967740812656648?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 12, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well at least the brotherhood is still in tact :hasanali:faheem:shadab Most of us, myself included, have written Pakistan off for this series but it'd still be pretty satisfying seeing Hasan or Shadab get a 5fer... or Faheem score a hundred :srt

Pakistan training pictures

Dug-0jQXQAIjb0E.jpg:large

Dug-1P8WwAAfPiw.jpg:large

Ottis Gibson, the South Africa coach, has brushed off concerns about the form of Hashim Amla, and backed his top order to come good in the home Test series against Pakistan.

Amla is experiencing an extended dry patch, making just 71 runs across seven innings in the domestic Mzansi Super League. His last Test hundred came back in October 2017, against Bangladesh.

But Gibson, speaking to the press on Saturday, 15 December, put it down to niggles and the demands of the T20 game.

"What happened in Sri Lanka has no relevance here even though Pakistan may choose spinners"
“He has been carrying niggles that have not allowed him to do the things that he wanted to do. For him, it is to get back to the nets and work on the things that he needs to work on‚ but he is an experienced player for us. He has had dips in form but he knows what he needs to do.

“T20 wants you to score off every ball and Hash maybe just wants to have the opportunity to leave a few before he starts to expand.”

South Africa’s last Test assignment was in Sri Lanka, where their batsmen struggled against spin. Gibson is confident that the likes of Aiden Markram and Dean Elgar will enjoy the return to familiar conditions.

Aiden Markram and Dean Elgar struggled in Sri Lanka Aiden Markram and Dean Elgar struggled in Sri Lanka
"There is no concern with regards to them," Gibson said about his top order. "What happened in Sri Lanka has no relevance here even though Pakistan may choose spinners.

“Aiden scored 1000 runs last year and he is back in familiar home conditions. With regards to Dean, he is an absolute street fighter. He is always close to hitting a double-hundred and that is fantastic.”

The first of three Tests between South Africa and Pakistan begins on Boxing Day on 26 December in Centurion.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/944900

Faf du Plessis of the Paal Rocks during the Mzansi Super League, Play-Off match between Jozi Stars and Paarl Rocks at Bidvest Wanderers Stadium on December 14, 2018 in Johannesburg, South Africa.

Faf du Plessis of the Paal Rocks during the Mzansi Super League, Play-Off match between Jozi Stars and Paarl Rocks at Bidvest Wanderers Stadium on December 14, 2018 in Johannesburg, South Africa.

Proteas Test captain Faf du Plessis put on his national team cap in the aftermath of the rained-out Mzansi Super League eliminator and said a tight readiness rope will have to be walked ahead of the Pakistan Test series.

The Proteas will have their first red-ball engagement on Boxing Day at SuperSport Park some five months since they travelled to Sri Lanka for a two-Test series they lost in July.

While some players have played county and Four-Day Franchise Series cricket‚ the diet of MSL cricket has changed their outlook.

Fortunately for Du Plessis‚ there's a round of four-day cricket that starts on Wednesday while a South African Invitational XI faces the Pakistanis during the same time.

Du Plessis is concerned about the player's mental freshness even though he said the MSL is an important part of the schedule.

“It's a bumper schedule for us and that's the tricky part of this period.

"The plan would be that the guys who made the final will probably get a rest in the four-day game and the guys who don't to play some four-day cricket for their domestic teams.

"There's been a lot of cricket played‚ so you want your guys to be fresh but we also haven't played a lot of red-ball cricket recently‚” Du Plessis said.

“The games start on Wednesday and they finish on December 22 and on the next day‚ that's when the Proteas assemble and that's three days before the start of the Test.

"It's not ideal because you want to play the red-ball cricket and you also want the guys to rest and a bit fresher.

"I would've liked to see the guys get a bit more rest and get their batteries recharged because it's a very hectic season for the Proteas.

"But there's pros and cons.

"The league is important and some players will be needed. There's a lot of things going on behind the scenes to ensure the players will be ready for the Tests and also being mentally fresh.”

Du Plessis though said the MSL has opened his eyes in regards with the talent pool that is available in South Africa's domestic cricket circle.

Du Plessis said the tournament allowed him to watch a lot more domestic cricket than he normally does and answered a few lingering questions he had about some players who may have forced their way into the selection radar.

“I've really enjoyed the side the tournament has given me in terms of looking at players. The downside of being on the road all the time is that you only see the players you're travelling with.

"We don't get access to watch domestic cricket when we're overseas and we're not really at the ground level playing with domestic cricketers.

"Being captain‚ I felt I needed to watch a lot of cricket because I needed to understand what the different domestic (sides) are doing‚” Du Plessis said.

“I've watched a lot of games this season and I've watched a lot of the players.

"There's a lot of players who have impressed me. Someone like Duanne Olivier has bowled very well and he's someone I would have thought in the past would have been a red-ball cricketer.

"The fact he's the top Mzansi Super League wicket-taker shows his ability.

"It's the same with Anrich Nortje but it's unfortunate that he's injured‚ especially with the fact that there's some injuries in the national team. South African cricket will benefit as a whole.”

https://www.timeslive.co.za/sport/c...-test-series-says-sa-test-captain-du-plessis/

Last edited by a moderator:
Standard Bank Proteas captain, Faf du Plessis, has given SuperSport Park the ‘thumbs up’ following the hosting of its maiden Boxing Day Test match. It is the first time a Boxing Day Test has been held on the Highveld, an occasion which was well supported by jovial crowds and near-perfect summer weather. The opening day was sold out, with the second and third day enjoying steady numbers.

“I think it was a huge success,” Du Plessis said after the match. “There were a lot of questions marks about the number of people around at this time of the year but that first day with the sold out crowd had an unbelievable atmosphere. I think this venue has some legs to continue in the future as a Boxing Day Test. We also play well as a team here, we win here, very well done to SuperSport Park.”

The move in location was justified by the Proteas’ resounding six-wicket win against Pakistan in the first Caste Lager Test match on Friday. The win caps off a solid 2018 for the squad, who have won six of the 10 matches played, including series wins against Australia and India.

The squad moves to a happy hunting ground in PPC Newlands for the first Test match of the new year, which will provide an interesting selection headache following Duanne Olivier’s (11/96) man of the match performance. Du Plessis admits it would be difficult to drop Olivier for the returning Vernon Philander, especially for the psychological advantage he holds against Pakistan’s batsmen.

“The conditions suited him perfectly,” he said of the 26-year old. “It reminded me of what Mitchell Johnson did to us at this specific ground a few years ago. If you bowl quick with hard lengths and with one or two balls that go up and down, it makes it hard to bat. At this ground he bowled the perfect way that you need to if you have some pace. He gave our attack some variety with KG who has skill and Dale who bowls a lot fuller. For him this was the perfect Test match, he bowled beautifully.

“It’s great to start a three-match series with a win,” Du Plessis continued. “Both teams played really good cricket but also showed some average sessions during the Test match, we want to learn from that and get better. We go to Cape Town where the conditions are the same for Newlands; there is some movement on day one and two and then its gets better and on day four or five you get some spin. We are looking forward to it.”

The squad will travel to Cape Town on Monday, December 31st.

Media Advisory: De Kock and Steyn rested for first two ODI’s |Training and media schedule ahead of 1st and 2nd Momentum ODI’s

Wednesday, 16 January 2019

Quinton de Kock and Dale Steyn have been rested from the Standard Bank Proteas squad for the first two Momentum one-day internationals (ODI) against Pakistan. The pair will be replaced by Aiden Markram and Duanne Olivier. The opening match of the series takes place at St George’s Park in Port Elizabeth on Saturday, January 19th. The training and media schedule ahead of the match is as follows:

Saturday, 19 January
1st Momentum ODI
South Africa v Pakistan
St George’s Park, Port Elizabeth – 13h00

Tuesday, 22 January
2nd Momentum ODI
South Africa v Pakistan
Kingsmead, Durban – 13h00

Standard Bank Proteas ODI squad for 1st and 2nd ODI’s: Faf du Plessis (Multiply Titans, capt), Hashim Amla (World Sports Betting Cape Cobras), Duanne Olivier (VKB Knights), Reeza Hendricks (bizhub Highveld Lions), Imran Tahir (Hollywoodbets Dolphins), Heinrich Klaasen (Multiply Titans), David Miller (Hollywoodbets Dolphins), Dane Paterson (World Sports Betting Cape Cobras), Andile Phehlukwayo (Hollywoodbets Dolphins), Dwaine Pretorius (bizhub Highveld Lions), Kagiso Rabada (bizhub Highveld Lions), Tabraiz Shamsi (Multiply Titans), Aiden Markram (Multiply Titans), Rassie van der Dussen (bizhub Highveld Lions).

Media Advisory: De Kock and Steyn rested for first two ODI’s |Training and media schedule ahead of 1st and 2nd Momentum ODI’s

Wednesday, 16 January 2019

Quinton de Kock and Dale Steyn have been rested from the Standard Bank Proteas squad for the first two Momentum one-day internationals (ODI) against Pakistan. The pair will be replaced by Aiden Markram and Duanne Olivier. The opening match of the series takes place at St George’s Park in Port Elizabeth on Saturday, January 19th. The training and media schedule ahead of the match is as follows:

Saturday, 19 January
1st Momentum ODI
South Africa v Pakistan
St George’s Park, Port Elizabeth – 13h00

Tuesday, 22 January
2nd Momentum ODI
South Africa v Pakistan
Kingsmead, Durban – 13h00

Standard Bank Proteas ODI squad for 1st and 2nd ODI’s: Faf du Plessis (Multiply Titans, capt), Hashim Amla (World Sports Betting Cape Cobras), Duanne Olivier (VKB Knights), Reeza Hendricks (bizhub Highveld Lions), Imran Tahir (Hollywoodbets Dolphins), Heinrich Klaasen (Multiply Titans), David Miller (Hollywoodbets Dolphins), Dane Paterson (World Sports Betting Cape Cobras), Andile Phehlukwayo (Hollywoodbets Dolphins), Dwaine Pretorius (bizhub Highveld Lions), Kagiso Rabada (bizhub Highveld Lions), Tabraiz Shamsi (Multiply Titans), Aiden Markram (Multiply Titans), Rassie van der Dussen (bizhub Highveld Lions).

The qouta system is killing their cricket

LUTHO SIPAMLA NAMED AS NEW CAP IN PROTEAS T20 SQUAD

Friday, 25 January 2019

Cricket South Africa (CSA) today named 20-year-old Warriors fast bowler, Lutho Sipamla, as a new cap in the Standard Bank Proteas squad for the three-match KFC T20 International Series against Pakistan at the start of next month.

“Lutho made a very good impression in the Mzansi Super League (MSL) which is making a big contribution to our talent pipeline in helping to bridge the gap between franchise and international cricket,” commented CSA National Selection Panel (NSP) convener Linda Zondi.

“Rassie van der Dussen, Beuran and Reeza Hendricks, Lutho Sipamla, Gihahn Cloete and Anrich Nortje were all standout players in the MSL and it is already reaping rich dividends for the future of South African cricket.

“With the exception of Anrich who is still injured these players are all part of the T20 squad. We will be giving Gihahn the opportunity to keep wicket as part of our strategy to build up the depth in the wicketkeeping position to back up Quinton de Kock with both Gihahn and Heinrich Klaasen capable of holding down positions as specialist batsmen,” concluded Mr. Zondi.

Standard Bank Proteas T20 squad: Faf du Plessis (Multiply Titans, capt), Gihahn Cloete (Warriors), Junior Dala (Multiply Titans), Quinton de Kock (Multiply Titans), Beuran Hendricks (bizhub Highveld Lions), Reeza Hendricks (bizhub Highveld Lions), Heinrich Klaasen (Multiply Titans), David Miller (Hollywoodbets Dolphins), Chris Morris (Multiply Titans), Wiaan Mulder (bizhub Highveld Lions), Andile Phehlukwayo (Hollywoodbets Dolphins), Tabraiz Shamsi (Multiply Titans), Lutho Sipamla (Warriors), Rassie van der Dussen (bizhub Highveld Lions).

Media Advisory: De Kock ruled out of KFC T20I series; Janneman Malan called up

Friday, 01 February 2019

Standard Bank Proteas wicket-keeper batsman, Quinton de Kock, has been ruled out of the three-match KFC T20 International (T20I) series against Pakistan starting at PPC Newlands on Friday. De Kock sustained a groin injury during the fifth Momentum ODI against Pakistan on Wednesday, and will need a period of treatment and rehabilitation to make a full recovery.

Proteas team manager, Dr Mohammed Moosajee explained: “Quinton sustained an injury to his left groin while fielding during the last ODI on Wednesday. He will be unable to take part in the T20I series against Pakistan and we are hopeful he will be fit for selection for the Test series against Sri Lanka starting in Durban on February 13th.”

World Sports Betting Cape Cobras batsman, Janneman Malan, has been called up to replace De Kock for the remaining two matches. Commenting on the selection, National Selection Panel convener, Linda Zondi said: “Janneman was one of the standout players during the Mzansi Super League and has been putting in the runs consistently at franchise level. He is an exciting young prospect, this is a great opportunity for us to continue blooding players at international level.”

Last edited:
Faf rested for remainder of T20 series

https://www.sport24.co.za/Cricket/Proteas/faf-rested-for-remainder-of-t20-series-20190202

Cape Town - Proteas skipper Faf du Plessis has been rested for the remainder of the T20 series against Pakistan.

This decision comes following the Proteas' six-run victory in Cape Town on Friday, which saw Du Plessis share a record Twenty20 stand with Reeza Hendricks.

Du Plessis smashed 78 off 45 balls including 6 fours and 4 sixes as the Proteas posted 192 - their highest T20 total at Newlands.

READ: Record stand catalyst for Proteas victory

"I'm being rested for the last two games. I'm the only Test player that's still playing, I was only going to play tonight's game," said Du Plessis after the Proteas win.

"There's been a lot of cricket, especially the three format players have played a lot. Personally, this is an opportunity for me to get the tank filled up again for the Test series (against Sri Lanka).

"So there'll be one change (on Sunday), a new captain will have to be decided, but we'll try and make sure that get through the squad as best we can."

Earlier on Friday, the Proteas announced another change to their T20 squad with news that Quinton de Kock was ruled out of the series due to injury.

Cape Cobras batsman Janneman Malan has been called up as De Kock's replacement.

The second T20 gets underway on Sunday at the Wanderers, with the final T20 at Centurion on Wednesday.

Proteas T20 squad:

Faf du Plessis (Titans, captain), Gihahn Cloete (Warriors), Junior Dala (Titans), Janneman Malan (Cape Cobras), Beuran Hendricks (Highveld Lions), Reeza Hendricks (Highveld Lions), Heinrich Klaasen (Titans), David Miller (Dolphins), Chris Morris (Titans), Wiaan Mulder (Highveld Lions), Andile Phehlukwayo (Dolphins), Tabraiz Shamsi (Titans), Lutho Sipamla (Warriors), Rassie van der Dussen (Highveld Lions)

T20 fixtures:

Sunday, February 3, 2nd T20, Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg (Day) - 14:30

Wednesday, February 6, 3rd T20, SuperSport Park, Centurion (D/N) - 18:00

No Faf as captain and player.

No excuses for Pakistan failing to win the last 2 T20I's now.

Standard Bank Proteas captain, Faf du Plessis, has been rested for the last two KFC T20 Internationals (T20I) against Pakistan. David Miller has been appointed as the stand-in captain ahead of the second T20I at Bidvest Wanderers Stadium on Sunday. The Proteas hold a 1-0 lead following their six-run win in the opening match at PPC Newlands on Friday.

National Selection Panel convener, Linda Zondi explained the decision: “Giving David a leadership role is another way that we are broadening our leadership resources within our respective squads. David has a wealth of experience and is a well-respected figure within the Proteas environment. The last two matches will be an opportunity for us to grow potential leaders for the future.”

Cricket South Africa (CSA) has congratulated the Standard Bank Proteas and the Proteas National Women’s team on winning their respective T20 International Series against Pakistan and Sri Lanka with a game to spare.

Both teams went 2-0 up in their three-match series at the Bidvest Wanderers Stadium yesterday when the men beat Pakistan by 7 runs in a classic and the women beat Sri Lanka by 2 wickets in another thriller.

“Congratulations to both our senior teams on securing important series victories,” commented CSA Chief Executive Thabang Moroe. “It is truly a wonderful experience have both our men’s and women’s teams playing on the same day and at the same venue as well as being displayed to a live TV audience.

“As far as the men are concerned, they have now held their nerve brilliantly in three successive games, including the Momentum ODI Series decider that preceded the KFC T20 International Series, and that augurs extremely well for the upcoming ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup in mid-year.

“They have also broken a long unbeaten series run Pakistan have enjoyed in T20 cricket as the No. 1 ranked side in that format.

“Circumstances have forced us to rest a number of senior players for the T20 series with the arrival of Sri Lanka just around the corner and this has revealed the depth we are building in our playing resources.

“We had two more debutants in action yesterday and they both performed exceedingly well. In this regard the positive influence our newest playing product, the Mzansi Super League (MSL), is contributing in bridging the gap between franchise and international cricket cannot be underestimated.

“Some of our recent success stories in international cricket such as Reeza Hendricks, Rassie van der Dussen, Lutho Sipamla and Janneman Malan were all standout players in the MSL.

“As far as the women are concerned, this is an important sign that they are getting back on the right track following a disappointing campaign at last year’s ICC Women’s World T20 and we wish them everything of the best for their ODI series against Sri Lanka which is an important qualifying competition for them for the next ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup,” concluded Mr. Moroe.

Back