Pakistan v England | T20 World Cup | The Oval | 07/06/09 | Pak Innings

Mercenary

Senior ODI Player
Runs
So Pakistan need 186 runs and have selected Butt, what are our chances?

Malik needs to bat up the order, maybe come in at 3 and leave Kamran for 5 or 6

Easy England win. 186 is too much, heck even South Africa will have trouble chasing this total down. Very disappointed with our PATHETIC performance today. We deserve to lose this, England batted extremely well

wickets will be key...we cannot afford to be 40 for 4

Can anyone do the math how many runs Pakistan need at the end of 7th over by D/L method if rain halts the game?

The target is not that huge. Pakistan should win this as England doesnt have a very good bowling attack. Wickets will be key for Pakistan.

can anyone tell me why the fielding was so pathetic?
we couldve restricted them to like 160,
making mistakes is alright, repeating them is a crime, this performance on the field was really dissapointing, not because England made 185, it is after all a par score, but because we let them make 185.

Mercenary said:
So Pakistan need 186 runs and have selected Butt, what are our chances?

Merc.... You think Pakistan is going to reshuffle their batting order today?

Its going to be a very tough chase, I think England are favored at this moment. especially as we have Butt to contend with YAY!!!

Pakistan doesn't deserve to win this game esp. after this comical performance in field.
I will not have regrets if pakistan loose this game unless England does the same in field aka Butta Style fielding

England really needed Pietersen to stay in and get 70+.

185 isn't a bad score, but it's certainly not a crushing score.

A lot depends on Swann and Rashid.

Its an uphill task but with the wicket playing nicely, I expect a good game. Fight till the last ball..

Mercenary said:
Malik needs to bat up the order, maybe come in at 3 and leave Kamran for 5 or 6

Knowing Pakistan and how well they can't handle pressure, i think it would be better for Akmal to open if not come in at 3.

Pakistan don't do so well 'relying' on batters to slog-out with a few overs and wickets left.

Guess it really depends on how fast/slow Salman Butt and YK play

Akmal or Afridi has to open with Shezad. If he falls then the other opener can come. Pakistan just has no flexibility or thinking outside the normal ODIs yet

I think Butt and Shehzad will open. I have not seen Butt Saab play a good T20 innings. I just hope for one today. Hoping against hope!

observer1 said:
Knowing Pakistan and how well they can't handle pressure, i think it would be better for Akmal to open if not come in at 3.

I think they should let Afridi and Butt open the innings. It seems like this is the day we want Afridi to fire, chances are he might not but at least we can go that route. He is gonna give his wicket away anyway at number 5 or 6 so why not put some pressure on England up front. What you think about that????

We have to make use of the short boundary, it is a must, half a hit goes for six on that side.
and with 2 spinners one will be bowling to the short boundary.
the short boundary has to score apporximately 110 runs

If they can't chase it then they are rubbish.

Its the batting that counts when you play on flat tracks like the Brit Oval which is a grave yard for bowlers.

The question is have Pakistan got the players to chase it?

qaiser said:
It would be easy sailing only if pak can handle Anderson

You think Anderson is very effective in this format? I know he is a good bowler.

Lethal said:

Its the batting that counts when you play on flat tracks like the Brit Oval which is a grave yard for bowlers.

ofcourse they have the players, its about how the dimwits handle themselves

Sure it's a VERY difficult target to chase but if we do something it's now because after Netherlands beat England, we aren't left with that much of a choice.

saqlain said:
You think Anderson is very effective in this format? I know he is a good bowler.

More than him being a good bowler, It's the shaky Pak batting against swing

Lethal said:

We will certainly find that out in the next hour or so. But Pakistan does bat very deep. Even number 8 is fully capable of batting and wining the game. Lets see what they do today.

havto use the short boundary
its a must

Infinitee786 said:
Lets hope it rains!!!!!! (joke!)

Lol its started raining heavily here in north london. Don't think it will rain that badly at the oval

qaiser said:
More than him being a good bowler, It's the shaky Pak batting against swing

I dont know if he was able to swing the ball against Holland. I guess Pakistan has to be show some aggression up front. I think they should try someone like Afridi or Akmal to open.

Butt and Shazad out there.

Dimi Mascharenas to bowl to Shazad

hmmm we are chasing 180+ and we are opening with crap butt....
interesting.

Butt should get out now since he has 200 SR and will sure to please many PPers

Might just be Butt's day, all we need is one boundary per over.

now watch out for butt either he will be gone next over or will start his tuk tuk.

ali110 said:
hmmm we are chasing 180+ and we are opening with crap butt....
interesting.
Can we give him a chance? What's up with so much negativity??

I really like Anderson's action! Good start for him ... Cloud cover helping the bowlers ...

Shouldn't they play some shots considering it could rain.

Back