Salman
Iftikar
Mohammad Haris(wk)
Shadab
Shaheen
Naseem
Rauf

would be perfect for the world cup

*** has Muhammad Harris done in ODI to get place ahead of Rizwan, his clown like hitting is good enough only for T20s for now. Agree on rest of the team or maybe we can swap Imad for Agha or.Chacha, because both are too similar players to have both of them in team.

100 for Babar too... No one is celebrating here at PP?

Him slowing down this much just to cross the 100 mark kills all excitement completely. You’re wasting valuable overs to get to an individual score when you can take the game away from NZ’s reach by continuing to bat with freedom throughout.

Not saying batsmen should never slow down for a 100. But he starts slowing down in the 80s as opposed to the 90s. And it feels like he slows down far too much.

Pathetic mentality of showing aggression only after reaching a personal milestone

What was that shot by Babar?

A lofted flick with fielders already on the boundary? What was he trying to achieve?

Babar on the move. Time for the rocket to takeoff.

Sadly no. Babar of 2018-19 would be able to accelerate, these days he’s playing for records… you kill your natural game doing that

*** has Muhammad Harris done in ODI to get place ahead of Rizwan, his clown like hitting is good enough only for T20s for now. Agree on rest of the team or maybe we can swap Imad for Agha or.Chacha, because both are too similar players to have both of them in team.

I don’t think Rizwan is cut out for ODIs and he is way too similar to other accumulators we have. I don’t imagine Rizwan coming at 4 and capable of scoring a 100 when its needed

This was a somewhat innocuous innings by Babar. I think he played at his career strike rate, so nothing surprising here.

Harris You beauty.. wish you have batted in powerplay.... our top order bats with RR of 5 LOL

Fine inniongs by Babar. I've seen enough Pakistan cricket to know that they would fold like cards without an anchor innings like Babar played.

Fine inniongs by Babar. I've seen enough Pakistan cricket to know that they would fold like cards without an anchor innings like Babar played.

Yup, that's the excuse Misbah would give for his selfish 60s/70s on 100 deliveries. That myth was busted as soon as he retired.

Now Babar does the same.

I’m proud of the fact that we are regularly hitting 300+ last few years.

Few years ago this would be a distant dream…

I’m proud of the fact that we are regularly hitting 300+ last few years.

Few years this would be a distant dream…

Every single team in the world is doing the same... we're just following the trend. Cricket has become a batsman's game. Team's are also chasing 300+ on a regular basis.

From the 35th over on, Babar played 29 balls with 0 boundaries with only 3 wickets down and most of the balls being played after the 40th over, that tells you everything you need to know about his innings. If you have 7 wickets remaining after the 40th over you should be attacking almost every ball, problem is this guy wasn't even showing intent to hit just nudging for single and doubles.

wait till Eng Aus plays the ODIs/WC2023 they will show what a good SR is

Eng have Root and Aus have Smith at 3. Both strike around at 85-90. It's only Kohli that has that extreme gear.

Thats too harsh i think. A strike of 85-95 is fine for no 3

So, it would've been fine if:

1) That is what the batsman is capable of. However, in Babar's case, he is arguably one of the best batsmen in world. We know he is capable of playing at a much higher strike rate, yet he chooses not to.

2) If you had openers, or even just one, who plays at a higher strike rate. However, our top 4 in fact all have very similar strike rates and we do not have reliable hitter in the middle and lower order.

Given the above, Babar can't just cruise at a 90 strike rate every time. Especially when we are playing on flat wickets, where have several wickets in hand. He should be dominating bowlers!

Afridi doing just Afridi things! Excellent total. Gone are those days when we hardly used to score 275+ in ODIs.

I hope NZ thrash this team lead by a phattu captain and vice captain . How pathetic the captain is. His buddy presented a desire to bat at 4 and like a genie, Phattu Kaptan obliged. These two phattu are symbol of lack of professionalism. Pakistan is such a “Khait kee multi” - use it however you want like Baap ke jageer

Great stuff. ShaheenShah can hit them so well, the new pace bowling allrounder. Left handed Afridi. Great for PCT.

Eng have Root and Aus have Smith at 3. Both strike around at 85-90. It's only Kohli that has that extreme gear.

Even after playing more than 250 matches, his SR is 93 inspite of having extreme gear. Babar without extreme gear has his SR at 89 and averages more than Kohli.

Gonna laugh more? Babar has more of a cricketing brain than all of the posters here combine. Keyboard warriors think they know more than professional players.

That’s the first time I have seen him perform with the bat like this at international props to him. Obviously we want our bowlers who can bat a bit as long as it doesn’t impact their bowling

Every single team in the world is doing the same... we're just following the trend. Cricket has become a batsman's game. Team's are also chasing 300+ on a regular basis.

We used to be unable to follow this trend. 2-3 wickets down before reaching 100, and then limping to 200-250 max.

Eng have 2 openers that strike at 100+... so, it's fine if their number 3 strikes around 85-90. Also, Babar is a much stronger player than Root in ODIs; so that shouldn't be the standard for him.

I hope NZ thrash this team lead by a phattu captain and vice captain . How pathetic the captain is. His buddy presented a desire to bat at 4 and like a genie, Phattu Kaptan obliged. These two phattu are symbol of lack of professionalism. Pakistan is such a “Khait kee multi” - use it however you want like Baap ke jageer

What an abysmal comment is this. This guy has the audicity to talk crap agaisnt the best batsman in the world and the best batsman Pakistani soil has ever produced. Disgraceful.

Talking about his captaincy, he has the best win% in all the ODI captains we had. Minnows, second teams or whatever. It isn't babar's fault if Wasim Akram used to lose to zimbabwe and BD and Inzi used to lose to Ireland .

So, it would've been fine if:

1) That is what the batsman is capable of. However, in Babar's case, he is arguably one of the best batsmen in world. We know he is capable of playing at a much higher strike rate, yet he chooses not to.

2) If you had openers, or even just one, who plays at a higher strike rate. However, our top 4 in fact all have very similar strike rates and we do not have reliable hitter in the middle and lower order.

Given the above, Babar can't just cruise at a 90 strike rate every time. Especially when we are playing on flat wickets, where have several wickets in hand. He should be dominating bowlers!

It was a decent knock overall. He did very well to stich that long partnership with Agha to shape up our score. Had he fallen when we were 150 odd for 3 the score could have easily been 260-70 instead.

He really should have accelerated at the end though. Barely hitting one boundary in last 30 odd balls was poor.

Thankfully great cameos by chacha, haris, Shaheen and a fine half century by Salman complemented his innings well enough to make his 100 meaningful.

Last edited:
Eng have 2 openers that strike at 100+... so, it's fine if their number 3 strikes around 85-90. Also, Babar is a much stronger player than Root in ODIs; so that shouldn't be the standard for him.

That is exactly why Babar averages 10 more runs per inning than root and 3 more SR.

We used to be unable to follow this trend. 2-3 wickets down before reaching 100, and then limping to 200-250 max.

I don't know what time you are referring to, but we started scoring 300+ regularly once Misbah retired. Recall the ODI series against England in England under Sarfraz.

Again, it doesn't really matter what we're scoring; the results matter. Our ODI ranking is nothing to be proud of.

Enough with Babar Bashing for no reason. Like we have any better ? Without Babar or Rizwan performing at top we loose t20s and same is the case if we loose top 3 early. Babar needed to stay till the end to make sure we get to minimum 300. Above runs are bonus hit or miss

I don't know what time you are referring to, but we started scoring 300+ regularly once Misbah retired. Recall the ODI series against England in England under Sarfraz.

Again, it doesn't really matter what we're scoring; the results matter. Our ODI ranking is nothing to be proud of.

If we win today and on Sunday, our ODI ranking will be 1. Would you be proud of that or still won't?

It was a decent knock overall. He did well to stich that long partnership with Agha to shape up our score. Had he fallen when we were 150 odd for 3 the score could have easily been 260-70 instead.

He really should have accelerated at the end though. Barely hitting one boundary in last 30 odd balls was poor.

Thankfully great cameos by chacha, haris, Shaheen and a fine half century by Salman complemented his innings well enough to make his 100 meaningful.

Yeah, I think was a decent knock. Nothing more.

It wasn't impactful though. Held the innings together but needed others like chacha, Haaris, and Shaheen to get us to a winning/competitive total.

That's the thing, with Babar and Rizwan, we always need someone else to give us that extra push. They aren't the kind of batsmen that dominate and take the game away from the opposition by themselves.

Abdul Razzaq used to smoke them like Shaheen did in the back end

Class hitting

Won’t we be ranked No. 1 if we win 5-0?? 🤔

PCT look that good or is the wicket so good and ultra flat? Pak look set for semis World Cup minimum! Anything can happen from there.

Back