Pakistan v South Africa | 1st T20I | Lahore | February 11, 2021 | Pakistan innings

He scores 31(30) against SA C bowlers while Haider and Hussain were striking at 180-200, then got another SA C bowler for three sixes to take himself to just 50(35).

Now imagine this with Babar already there as anchor. Rizwan has struggles with his strike rate, and we need to either have him evenly distribute these knocks or replace him.

Evenly distributing the knock is important - if he had gotten out at 31(30), and that happens sometimes, Rizwan would have singlehandedly lost the game. Now he’s recovered that and given himself the stats of a T20I anchor like Babar, which still isn’t enough.

I love Rizwan, trust me. He’s in both my Test and ODI teams. But I need to see these extra gears earlier in the innings and against better bowlers. Right now Rizwan’s just hitting looseners by timing them right - you won’t always get those.

That's unfair.

Don't you think 31(30) when Team has lost 2 early wickets is as good as 45(30) when Team hasn't lost 2 early wickets.

Nailed another leg side hack to the man this time, another failure and another reason to justify the way rizwan has played.

Is there any stat to suggest which fast bowler has gone for the longest sixes since the resumption of cricket?

Sipamla might be at the forefront

The sooner Pakistan realizes that the likes of Asif Ali and Khushdil are mindless hacks and not power-hitters, the better it will be.

Wk

My friend, this is our B team. We don’t have Hafeez etc playing. Keeping that in mind, when we play our A team, there’s no space for Rizwan.

Apart of the fact, he has shown good performance and that he belongs at this level. He is a wicket keeper, and I dont know who will replace him. DO not say Kamran Akmal, ever.

the issue is these guys have performed in domestics as so called power hitters..we dont have any body in domestic who can HIT

I've seen enough of Khushdil, and Iftikhar to know they are not cut at Internafional level. Talat was playing beautifully pity he was cheated out by Pakistan own umpire

It almost feels as if this Sipamla guy has bowled 8 overs or something. He is always there.

What are the alternatives? These are best we got. sadly

Pick proper batsmen. They can also play 12 (4) type innings with one six.

Pakistan keeps picking these awful players in the hope that they will replicate the type of ball-striking we see from the top teams. It is not going to happen.

You cannot replicate their playing style when you don’t have the personnel.

This isn't a pitch where you can hit from the get go. We need to take regular wickets when we bowl.

Apart of the fact, he has shown good performance and that he belongs at this level. He is a wicket keeper, and I dont know who will replace him. DO not say Kamran Akmal, ever.

He’s the first person on the team sheet for me, even before Babar, for Tests and ODIs. I’m still worried about his SR in T20I as you won’t always get the opportunity to recover from 31(30) (projected score 150) and put the team on track for 165 (when the ideal score would be 180)

Neither of Ifti (Too old), Khusdil (no talent) are good. 1 hack (Haider) is ok in a team.

Pakistan is a 150-160 team in T20Is. Only rarely can we get into the 180-190 territory.

We just cannot compete in the WT20.

India, England, New Zealand would be posting 210+ against this South African attack.

Pick proper batsmen. They can also play 12 (4) type innings with one six.

Pakistan keeps picking these awful players in the hope that they will replicate the type of ball-striking we see from the top teams. It is not going to happen.

You cannot replicate their playing style when you don’t have the personnel.

Agree with you. Been saying for some time I don't want to see sloggers who don't play through the line. One of my long term criticisms of Fakhar. The likes of Iftikhar and Khushdil just won't get given the ball on leg stump which they can swing away for 6.

Have the PSL commentary team been announced so far? If so who are the international ones this year? Is Doull here for that as well?

A team or Z team our final score in most t20s remain constant , Pak batsmen law of mediocrity.

Another overrated player to come in next. Pak missing Shadab and Imad. Zafar should hv played instead of Nawaz

Wow pak scored 3 runs and lost a wicket to 3 full tosses in the same over.

Why are you picking on a guy who has scored half runs of our team?

I’m talking about our team for the T20I world cup, not the Pakistan B team. Hafeez would be back, primarily, and our lower order would be stronger with Shadab, Imad, etc. Khushdil wouldn’t be playing probably, we’d have Azam etc instead.

And Babar would not be expected to be out for a duck. Given all these circumstances, the only situation in which Rizwan is ideal is the current game where Babar isn’t playing/is out early and he’s able to anchor the innings instead, and is also able to hang in for 50 deliveries which you honestly can’f expect a player to do, even Virat Kohli.

The number of situations in which Rizwan is a useful option for our A team is incredibly small.

There is lots of due as well so that wont be good for spinners as well i think this game is finished

Miller is the most devastating T20 batsman in either team. If he gets going today this could prove to be a humiliating defeat for Pakistan.

Bowler with Pace but no skills is also a trundler. We tend to overlook that fact when someone can bowl 140+ case in point Simpamala

Miller is the most devastating T20 batsman in either team. If he gets going today this could prove to be a humiliating defeat for Pakistan.

Not humiliating, could have been a lot worse considering this has been a one man show from Rizwan.

Rizwan only 3rd batsmen to hit 6+ 6s in t20 history for pak, yet our fans still wanted more, dala gave him a nice present as well.

Back