Pakistan v Sri Lanka | Dubai | 2nd Test | Oct 26-30, 2011 | Pre-Match Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

TV Umpire

Tape Ball Regular
Runs
A bit surprised there is no thread about this here. 2nd Test starts in 27 hours.

I think Wahab Riaz is a must for this match if he is fit. He can hit a few at the end of innings as well. Other then that I think Malik will make a comeback, since Shafiq was quite unimpressive in the first test. So line-up will look something like this:

Hafeez
Taufeeq
Azhar
YK
Misbah
Malik
Adnan
Riaz
Gul
Junaid
Ajmal

As for SL, they will be more or less the same.

I hope the pitch is not too hard, and is prone to cracks on the 4th and 5th days, Abu Dhabi pitch didn't show any even in the evening session on 5th day.

Other than that a faster outfield can help the scoring rate, which hasn't been higher than 3 in any innings of the first match.

InshaAllah we will win this one. And guys, relax about the previous test. It was meant to be a draw, now we must be thankful that we were successful in picking up 20 wickets. Fielding is a worry, but hopefully it will improve in the next test.

Changes: Malik in for Shafiq

Malik in for Shafiq.
Wahab in for Cheema.

Change the XI around a bit - can't have YK followed by Misbah in ANY format lol, be it T20s/ODIs/Tests.

Hafeez
Taufeeq
Azhar
YK
Malik
Misbah (c)
Adnan (wk)
Wahab
Gul
Ajmal
Junaid

we don't need any real changes, I'd give Ajmal a final go.

just need to execute on the field with more efficiency, we had SL on the mat for the majority of the game.

Last edited:
Why ajmal, except against windies what has he done in tests he has always failed to deliver

Why ajmal, except against windies what has he done in tests he has always failed to deliver

+1

Ajmal needs to perform if he wants to stay in test team

Apart from W.I and England he hasnt performed aginst any good side

Unless we hold onto our catches, it will be the same result

i think ajmal will play a massive key role on Dubai Sports City wicket.

I can see rehman being recalled in place off one off the seamers.

Otherwise team should remain the same!

No such changes needed for the second Test.

Asad Shafiq is in under pressure to keep his place in the team.

Its Umar Akmal place who are the right man for this spot.

Shame on selectors!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back