Pakistan v Zimbabwe | 3rd ODI | Rawalpindi | 3rd November, 2020 | Zimbabwe innings

Are we sure about that ? Who is Abdullah gonna replace

Babar
Fakhar
Haider
Hafeez
Shadab
Khushdil
Imad
Rizwan (wk)
Wahab
Rauf
Hasnain

Hoping they somehow start Hafeez on the bench, like they did with Fakhar in T20Is. But even then, it's a shame Abdullah didn't get the nod in any of the ODIs.

Waking up to find out no Abdullah or Zafar in the playing 11. Pathetic from Misbah and Babar Azam. I’ve genuinely lost interest in this management or the game itself.

There was a time we would try a whole 11 new players (2008) against these teams. Now we have individuals thinking for their own good, politics and whatnot etc.

Since the World cup that took place in India we knew about Zafar Gohar but he is yet to be a given a chance; in fact we have hardly tested youngsters.

Musa creating chances.....should have kept a slip to create pressure and take chances

Are we sure about that ? Who is Abdullah gonna replace

Babar
Fakhar
Haider
Hafeez
Shadab
Khushdil
Imad
Rizwan (wk)
Wahab
Rauf
Hasnain

Very accurate lineup. I expect this to be the lineup for the first T20. Abdullah comes in for the second T20 ahead of Hafeez maybe? I don’t see them dropping Fakhar after only 1 ODI game

Waking up to find out no Abdullah or Zafar in the playing 11. Pathetic from Misbah and Babar Azam. I’ve genuinely lost interest in this management or the game itself.

There was a time we would try a whole 11 new players (2008) against these teams. Now we have individuals thinking for their own good, politics and whatnot etc.

Since the World cup that took place in India we knew about Zafar Gohar but he is yet to be a given a chance; in fact we have hardly tested youngsters.

Zafar to get a chance once he is past 33.....

Misbah once had Mohd Ayub in his test team....this man can do anything......I don't see Pak going beyond first round in all the ICC events

Notice the trend PP’ers......

Invite these youngsters in the squad but only keep them to warm the bench/water-boy duties or when they are given a chance they are either not played in their natural position or not given a chance to bat / bowl at all.

Misbah once had Mohd Ayub in his test team....this man can do anything......I don't see Pak going beyond first round in all the ICC events

Good to see Ifti getting some treatment....m happy so that the delusion of being a main spinner vanishes also Zimbos need atleast 230 ....so that Haider can get a chance...

Notice the trend PP’ers......

Invite these youngsters in the squad but only keep them to warm the bench/water-boy duties or when they are given a chance they are either not played in their natural position or not given a chance to bat / bowl at all.
Neither let them play them play in the Domestic tournament. And when the selection for next series, after completion of previous Domestic Season happens that player doesn't get selected as he is not among wicket taker or run scorers. And Selction team will say team has been selected according to merit.

Hasnain clearly troubling with pace....in national t20 he was unlucky 2 not get more wickets

Hopefully Ifti will give plenty of runs so we can see top 6 or 7 Pak batters later.

Shaheen playing again and still no gohar

What goes on in misbahs mind??? Im honestly puzzled how hes thinking Shaheens going to get injured the way misbahs treating him

What goes on in misbahs mind??? Im honestly puzzled how hes thinking Shaheens going to get injured the way misbahs treating him

If a 20 year old can't play through an entire limited over series then he doesn't deserve to be in the team.

If a 20 year old can't play through an entire limited over series then he doesn't deserve to be in the team.

Is there a need to play him....or Imam or Iftikhar.....when. Players like Abdullah Zafar are
not being able to play first class too.....

According to the medical experts, not Misbah, Shaheen has hyperextension in his joints. When he doesn’t workout or play much, he loses muscle strength. The ligaments became relaxed, causing injuries and even possibly tears.

From my understanding they are looking to play Shaheen for another few months like this so his bowling arm gets stronger.

Otherwise, a lapse in workload may cause injury when he resumes.

Is there a need to play him....or Imam or Iftikhar.....when. Players like Abdullah Zafar are
not being able to play first class too.....

Yes, at this age he should be playing as much as possible. It can only be good for his development

I think.. This is second time in the match... Shaheen dropped the catch... I know both are difficult.. But...

Musa is such a poor bowler as evident by his domestic stats, not sure why he gets selected?

Some pretty poor cricket by Babar and co;

Why haven't they tried Khushdil with some overs especially when Iftikhar has been going for runs

They're again played Shaheen in hope that he gets the record which obviously hasn't been the case in the last 2 games he's played.

They're over playing the kid and it could have some serious consequences in the near future.

According to the medical experts, not Misbah, Shaheen has hyperextension in his joints. When he doesn’t workout or play much, he loses muscle strength. The ligaments became relaxed, causing injuries and even possibly tears.

From my understanding they are looking to play Shaheen for another few months like this so his bowling arm gets stronger.

Otherwise, a lapse in workload may cause injury when he resumes.

Where have these medical reports come from as they've not been heard or shared on here before

From the bottom of my heart,

Well done Husnain brother! The guy toiled so hard in that England series before the wc against Bairstow, Root and Roy where the PCB were clearly using him as a punching bag to make way for Amir and Wahab Riaz. Was kept in the squad without a single game and then dropped. He deserves this performance, and the best thing is that it has been economical. Clearly he has come back a lot stronger today

Not impressed with Babar captaincy so far, I know he will get better, but when Ifti was proving to be quite expensive in the context of the match why would you bowl him for full quota, could have easily trialed with Khushdil or even Fakhar for few overs. At worst they would have gone for similar runs.

Where have these medical reports come from as they've not been heard or shared on here before

Don’t know why it hasn’t picked up on PP but Misbah mentioned it in a presser that they were consulting English physios who recommended continuing the workload. Misbah said something like “jitna khelay ga acha hai” and I commented on it a week ago.

The exact technical details I heard from Rashid Latif on Game on Hai - he’s been speaking to the current management. Nauman and Akhtar concurred with the analysis so I’m fairly certain it’s accurate.

Otherwise I’m not a 100% sure it’s valid info but it seems to be the official explanation.

Musa has been quite unlucky today on occasions.

Not quite sure why Khusdil didnt bowl a bit in the middle overs and Iftikhar was given full 10 overs

If they don’t collapse they are on course for a competitive total a lot will depend on Fakhar and Babar interesting.

He’s conceded 50 runs in 7 overs.

:salute

One good bouncer which deceived batsmen went for 6 after top edge, one misfield for 4, one outside edge for 4 which would have been a straight catch to slip if it would have been their and another inside edge for 4.

These are 18 runs in total which bowler had no control over what so ever.

5ferrrrr mashallah...he needs to start playing first class now i dnt think he has played one game yet..

Well deserve fifer for some calling poor bowler. Zimbos maybe poor side but they have some good batters, and he bowled tightly against them.

Around 250 is what Zimbabwe and we want to have any chance of Haider and Khushdil getting to bat

One good bouncer which deceived batsmen went for 6 after top edge, one misfield for 4, one outside edge for 4 which would have been a straight catch to slip if it would have been their and another inside edge for 4.

These are 18 runs in total which bowler had no control over what so ever.

A bit unlucky but if he can’t bowl well against Zimbabwe he’s in for some phainty against the better teams.

A bit unlucky but if he can’t bowl well against Zimbabwe he’s in for some phainty against the better teams.

I think he bowled pretty decent lines. He is no world beater as of now but he didnt do much wrong in today’s match or 2nd ODI so cant say it was bad bowling.

With Shaheen, Wahab, Haris and Husnain( pls no Fahim) and Shadab Pakistan have good ODI and T20 bowling.

Seriously Pakistani stadiums need a major revamp all over the country.

Even in comparison to Bangladesh, they look so dated.

Pakistan's fielding has been horrendously atrocious.

Some simple catches dropped and Hasnain could have had a 6fer.

Shaheen
Hasnain
Wahab

All well over 6ft and all 3 bowl 147k+

Wouldn’t be surprised if this is our bowling attack during the T20wc

People need to get off Misbah's back. You have to balance a squad across Tests, ODI and T20's and win games. It's all well and good to give everyone a chance, but the same people crying for "more youngsters" will be on his back for losing games.
I rather back a coach with decades of captaining a fractured and dead team than angry Internet fans.

Shaheen
Hasnain
Wahab

All well over 6ft and all 3 bowl 147k+

Wouldn’t be surprised if this is our bowling attack during the T20wc

Wahab mostly operates in the low 140s now. Age catching up with him.

Ohh no....Musa now dropping simple chance...could have been a 6fer

Wahab mostly operates in the low 140s now. Age catching up with him.

That’s because he has become a smarter bowler, and the UAE mileage is likely to come into affect soon. I recon he can still pump it up to 150 if he goes full throttle but he will be compromising on his control

Glad to see Shaheen employing the bouncer on a semi regular basis. Hope he incorporates it into his test match bowling as well. Was very frustrating to see the lack of short stuff in England from both him and Naseem

Rameez needs to stop trying to predict the next delivery :)) The guy has an awful understanding of the game

Babar massaging Shaheen’s finger after he got hit, captain really taking care of his players and hopefully they can respond as well going forward. :smith

People need to get off Misbah's back. You have to balance a squad across Tests, ODI and T20's and win games. It's all well and good to give everyone a chance, but the same people crying for "more youngsters" will be on his back for losing games.
I rather back a coach with decades of captaining a fractured and dead team than angry Internet fans.

He was the reason it was a "fractured and dead team". He had the option of debuting Babar or Haris but delayed it for god knows what reason.

Why is imam getting a third game? Makes no sense not give debuta vs zim....

Back