Pakistan vs Australia | 1st ODI | Sharjah | 28/08/12 | Pakistan Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
One good thing about U Akmal is he has consistently lifted his game against Australia over his entire career so far. Let's hope that goes on this series.

I agree and that's why you need him at 3 or thereabouts.

Wow, Misbah did play a lame shot there. Now let's hope Umar and Asad can at least guide us to 150-160. And then Afridi and Kami to slog in the end.

This Aussie spinners are rubbish. Indian have a way better spin attack :))

True, but Misbah had to see out a difficult period at the start of his innings.

That's not his job completed though is it? Just defending and defending is of no use. A batsmans job is to make runs.

1 mor.

Pak needs to score as much as possible against these dolly bowlers. Both Maxwell and Christian should be taken for a lot of runs. :afridi

Wow m impressed... That was a great shot... he is playing much better today gotta admit...

Shafiq on 45 now. Our youngsters stepping up to the plate while seniors like Hafeez fail once again.

That's not his job completed though is it? Just defending and defending is of no use. A batsmans job is to make runs.

1 mor.

True again. What I'm saying is, I'm not sure how well Umar would have fared under that pressure against that bowling at that time.

Shows why youth is so much needed.

Yep we recycle the 'seniors', the tried and tested failures over and over again - and we get the same results.

We bring in youngsters like Shafiq, and its hardly surprising that they step up to the plate.

Shafiq using his feet nicely and scoring in all parts of the ground.

good over for pakistan , enjoy youngsters. No need to take any tension , ziada se ziada out ho jaogay na.

Australia clearly fearing :umarakmal here, has hurt their bowlers in all formats previously and looks like he wants to today as well.

lol Tanvir and Cheema as the only two seamers?! That just shows how far our pace bowling ha regressed with Misbah at the helm.

Umar playing some good shots. I hope brain fart isnt aroung the corner

This is a treat to watch. They're getting boundaries when available and MOST importantly rotating the strike!!

I, for one, believe that Misbah is required in ODIs and should retire after the SA tour. Reason being that he really stabilizes the innings and despite playing a poor shot today, he rotated the strike really well and took us this far. Well done Misbah! :14:

No doubt though that Misbah is done in T20s.

Umar Akmal average 50 from 8 innings in ODIs vs Australia.

Now THAT was silly. This is the part of his game Umar needs to improve. Gets too carried away at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back