Pakistan vs. South Africa | 1st T20 | Durban | 1/3/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like rain will have its way.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362152465294.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362152465294.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 120
5.40pm Actually it has rained so much it might take the ground staff, led by good old Wilson Ngobese, two hours to get the ground ready once the rain stops. Not looking good, folks

Lil bit better news that Rain stopped now in Durban#pakvsa
SAHIR FROM BANNU ‏@DAILY_NEWS2

Good News Durban Rains stoped pata chaliga match hain ya nahi Eid M Kubdani

@Asim_S_333 ‏@king_sports7

It's like a swimming pool out there. Umpires talking of a 5 over game. lol

Just abandon it quickly so fans can get on with their lives.

Sunday's game will be like a final. Disappointing, was looking forward to this. Just call it off already.

Why they don't have reserve days is beyond me, Cricket is run by a bunch of clueless.......(I don't want to get my mouth dirty but abusing a bunch of nobodies so I'll save it, but everyone knows exactly what I was about to say).

It's like a swimming pool out there. Umpires talking of a 5 over game. lol

Just abandon it quickly so fans can get on with their lives.

+1 no use in a 5 over game any way.

6.20pm Still raining in Durban. But some good sense from CSA. It will refund ticket money even if we get a game but it is shorter than seven overs. Refunds can be claimed between March 3 and March 24
What a shame it is still raining

so can i go to work now ?? lol .. i called the day off.. i am on salary so it doesn't matter for me . my boss ain't gonna pay me extra lol..
..is there any hope for game now or no ???

so can i go to work now ?? lol .. i called the day off.. i am on salary so it doesn't matter for me . my boss ain't gonna pay me extra lol..
..is there any hope for game now or no ???

What job is this?

luck guy.

Why they don't have reserve days is beyond me, Cricket is run by a bunch of clueless.......(I don't want to get my mouth dirty but abusing a bunch of nobodies so I'll save it, but everyone knows exactly what I was about to say).

You lack the basic understanding of marketting/commercialization

You see, if you really wanted to watch these matches, you need to get broadcasters interested. Usually, the broadcasters set the particular time for a particular sports event. For example, ten-cricket might have planned hosting a program the same time tomorrow(does not matter if its important or not)

There you go, thats where the problem lies, you just cant get the broadcasters interested in this unless its a very important tournament and the broadcasters are told beforehand.

Nothing can be done about it.

You lack the basic understanding of marketting/commercialization

You see, if you really wanted to watch these matches, you need to get broadcasters interested. Usually, the broadcasters set the particular time for a particular sports event. For example, ten-cricket might have planned hosting a program the same time tomorrow(does not matter if its important or not)

There you go, thats where the problem lies, you just cant get the broadcasters interested in this unless its a very important tournament and the broadcasters are told beforehand.

Nothing can be done about it.

They don't have to play the very next day, when did I ever say that?

They could move the reserve day to the next week, giving enough time to the broadcasters and sponsers, and play the other game that's next in a bilateral series and than play the reserve day after that game, you know exactly how much this makes sense, please don't give me those kind of rubbish excuses.

I know it's not a rule you made but I'm just saying if ICC wants to be cheap, than they can buzz off, there's many ways to go around a reserve day, and your excuse (which ICC has made) is complete Bull.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back