Pakistan vs South Africa | Lahore | 2nd ODI | 20/10/07 | Pak Inns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiafan

Senior T20I Player
Runs
Post of the Week
Dont see a thread on this. Match is scheduled to start in 30 minutes. Which ever team wins toss would obviously prefer to bat.

Last edited:
News from the middle is that Shoaib Malik has won the toss and Pakistan will bat.

mamoo gogo said:
News from the middle is that Shoaib Malik has won the toss and Pakistan will bat.

Good for Pakistan. What score would be par keeping in mind that SA are good chasers?

Pakistan have made one change, dropping Mohammad Hafeez for left-arm spinner Abdur Rehman, while South Africa are unchanged from the series opener, which they won by 45 runs.

Good news that pakistan is batting first ,hopefully we will put up a decent total and give the bowlers something to bowl at.
Is there any team changes.

mamoo gogo said:
Pakistan have made one change, dropping Mohammad Hafeez for left-arm spinner Abdur Rehman.

Yay! Just what I expected.

mybe I am wrong. Shoaib Malik just said at the toss that Kamran Akmal will open.

aw well mybe just wishfull thinking lol. I wish we had a Captain who leads from the front.

so what would ba a good total guys ,last match 295 - 300 seemed enough ,but this pitch is dryer and SA have good opening pair along with our weak bowling attack.

rehman in for hafeez .. excellent move.

wow and malik finally won a toss !

Kami stood no chance. What a crap pitch ti play on. Why use the same pitch that was used two days ago? Hopefully we can somehow manage our way too 200. Anything above that will be very difficult to chase with our spinners.

indiafan said:
Ball keeping low already?

It was at shin height! Hopefully it gets alot worse int he innings to come!

What do you expect from openers averaging 25 odd a piece.

Anyways, still rather have Akmal opening than butt/farhat/hameed/hafeez/nazir etc. etc.

wow ... ok lets play our home matches in a different country .. this is just pathetic !

Alright, excellent start, we only lost one opener in the first over! It could be much worse. :p

i don't know where the hell pcb is spending money on? why can't they hire good groundsman who can make good pitches.. we are sticking with the 55 years old method.. ball is staying so low in the very first over..

the curator should be fired with the person in PCB who is responsible for the pitch prep

Anyone blaming the openers for failing should watch the game. It was not Akmals fault

darkmoon459 said:
Kashif here you go
cricketcable.com

thnx ... .. but in only works with explorer .. and i only got mozilla and netscape !

I am watching the game, still akmal is miles ahead of the rest of the revolving door party

Amir said:
Anyone blaming the openers for failing should watch the game. It was not Akmals fault

not blaming anyone ,its just pakistan's luck , its always something.

Not Ntini getting some decent bouce. A two paced pitch?

overlord said:
I am watching the game, still akmal is miles ahead of the rest of the revolving door party

Atleast he still got bat on it :D

Although the ball did keep low, It didn't keep RIDICULOUSLY low, Akmal could have done better, but i'm not going to be way too critical on him.

after watching these kind of pitches, sometime i wish ICC should ban matches being held in pakistan. :po: :pissed: :po: :pissed: :12:

Amir said:
i just watched the replay and it did keep really low. Hit the toe end of the bad, similar to YK's dismissals in tests.

smoothcriminal said:
Although the ball did keep low, It didn't keep RIDICULOUSLY low, Akmal could have done better, but i'm not going to be way too critical on him.

i am sorry but with the new ball you would never expect that kind of bounce.

Amir said:
At this level, you need to be able to play the ball right below your eyes ... The pitch cannot merely be used as an excuse ... Dont tell me Akmal wasn't expecting the ball to keep low on a pitch thats being used again ... On top of all this, it was coming at 120 kmph which is not express by any means !

I think the best thing is if the pitches are below standard then ICC should fine the home country heavy penalty for it. PCB penalize players so why can't they be penalized for their mistakes.

invincible said:
At this level, you need to be able to play the ball right below your eyes ... The pitch cannot merely be used as an excuse ... Dont tell me Akmal wasn't expecting the ball to keep low on a pitch thats being used again ... On top of all this, it was coming at 120 kmph which is not express by any means !

these things only apply when u r a set batsman unlike akmal who was on the pitch for 3 balls

Man U fan shown on tv and Man U complimented. Jackers officialy my favourite commentator :D Jackers says he is a Tottenham fan while Waqar supports West Ham since he played for Surrey (east london)

Awesome. We dont need to play our strokes yet, just get the singles and the occasional free runs. Just dont need to lose wickets, I think they can settle in, Nazir is being surprisingly watchful.

lol, has anyone else noticed Yk's no no no no no no after he play a ball?

Nazir only 2 off 11 balls...I have a feeling he's gonna try to force his game and get out.

haha why is this guy in the team....someone please help me out.......why do we always get after Salman, Hafeez, and others.....why not Imran...when was the last time he actually scored some runs?

hahahahahahaa

just as someone mentioned 13-2

we have to stop playing these 18~30 avg. openers, other than taking space .... not much is done by these guys.

I say make Tanveer and Gul open ... see how that goes

Time for yousaf/younis to play the consolidation game .... gluck to them

Our openers are soo damn useless.. they only make runs in useless matches such as when we have already won the series or somthing..

they only make runs in useless matches such as when we have already won the series or somthing..

mmmm do they really?

the squad for the last two games better not include hafeez, hameed, butt, nazir etc.

knowing PCB, they will play hameed and hameed is great for slip practice in the nets, not so sure if that policy works that well in the actual game

ok guys Imran Nazir has been consistently playing in the 11 since SA tour be4 world cup...how long more be4 we kick him out?

darkmoon459 said:
so it looks like we might even make it to 150 ,

You will. Your middle order and the lower order always rescue you but question is, will it be enough if they score around 250/260?

overlord said:
the squad for the last two games better not include hafeez, hameed, butt, nazir etc.

knowing PCB, they will play hameed and hameed is great for slip practice in the nets, not so sure if that policy works that well in the actual game

Hameed is ten times the batsmen Nazir ever will be.

well folks the pitch is tough for batting(Kamran's dismissal being the prime example) so lets not be too pessimistic(at least for now)

Let the wrist slitting commence - get out those sharp knives and go to town!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back