Pakistan vs South Africa | Lahore| 5th ODI | 29/10/07 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hash

Senior Test Player
Runs
Post of the Week
Less than two hours to go until the start of the 5th and 'final' ODI between Pakistan and South Africa in Lahore. The series is tied at 2-2 which gives this game an exciting edge. Pakistan has never won an ODI series against South Africa and may not get an opportunity like this for some time.

Team news- reports suggest that Shoaib Akhtar, Imran Nazir and Sohail Tanvir will be playing.

Pitch news- appears to be a dry one which will take spin.

about an hour to go and then the decider to start ,hope pakistan will filed first while the pitch has something for the quickies.
294 is a good predication(predicted by the true passionist) as for pakistan to bat first and with shoaib in the side it will be a winning total.
Inshallah Pakistan will win and shoaib will shine today.

darkmoon459 said:
about an hour to go and then the decider to start ,hope pakistan will filed first while the pitch has something for the quickies.
294 is a good predication(predicted by the true passionist) as for pakistan to bat first and with shoaib in the side it will be a winning total.
Inshallah Pakistan will win and shoaib will shine today.
More like prophsized by Hash.

Pak team - predicted by the media;
1 Kamran Akmal (wk),
2 Imran Nazir,
3 Younis Khan,
4 Mohammad Yousuf,
5 Shoaib Malik (capt),
6 Misbah-ul-Haq,
7 Shahid Afridi,
8 Abdur Rehman,
9 Sohail Tanvir,
10 Shoaib Akhtar,
11 Rao Iftikhar Anjum.

W63L35 said:
Pak team - predicted by the media;
1 Kamran Akmal (wk),
2 Imran Nazir,
3 Younis Khan,
4 Mohammad Yousuf,
5 Shoaib Malik (capt),
6 Misbah-ul-Haq,
7 Shahid Afridi,
8 Abdur Rehman,
9 Sohail Tanvir,
10 Shoaib Akhtar,
11 Rao Iftikhar Anjum.
I wish Gul would play. But it doesn't look like that's gonna happen.

the true passionist said:
dreams have predicted 294 for Pakistan.
Didn't we score 293 vs India in the 4th ODI of 2004 series only to have them chase it down? The next match India batted first and scored exactly 293 and we fell short and lost the series. (If my memory serves well)

294 should be just enough.

SA have won the toss (what a surprise) and will bat first.

Graeme Smith has won the toss and South Africa will bat on what Smith termed as an "under-prepared pitch" which he expected to aid spin and seam.

Smith has made his excuse from ball one. Good tactics - covers his back for his return to SA

So Asif and Akhtar cant play in the same team again :)

I dont think Asif is in great form for ODI.

Micky Arthur terms the pitch as a "shocker". Wonder what that means? Everyone knew it would be under prepared

Pakistan might miss Gul in the death overs especially if the match is close but anyways good to see Rao and Tanvir in the mix. They have played well in this series. Some more control from Tanvir will be appreciated.

MIG said:
Smith has made his excuse from ball one. Good tactics - covers his back for his return to SA
Not sure what back to cover really, they have done very well on this tour.

We lose toss means we lose the match. I hope not but if SA scores 250 or above we might lose oneday as well

iafzal said:
Not sure what back to cover really, they have done very well on this tour.

ie if he loses this match - he will blame it on the pitch and so on. If he wins, well SA are such a good team that they can play on any pitch!

iafzal said:
Why is Gul not playing?
Punishment for No balls in the 4th ODI

He has been playing a lot of cricket.

Given a 'rest' before the India series.

Pakistan will have to bat well to chase a decent score on this pitch if S. African medium pacers bowl with control.

Just showed the pitch it is VERY dry and have tons of cracks.
Seem this is going to back fire for Pak per Waqar as team batting 2nd will have to go through hell on this pitch and as we all know Pak has lost the toss.

Last edited:
Just hope Akmal is playing with eyes open ! No dropped catches or missed stumpings pls !!!

What's Malik's win/loss ratio on coin tosses, seems to call heads every time

Malik is very soft spoken and humble ,says he would like to win today and be ready for the indian tour ,inshallah Pakistan will win today.

Horrible team selection.

No need for Nazir, Gul should have had been in. These two selections could cost pakistan the game.

This pitch could backfire on us if SA get to 240 or so.

Players are in the middle. Shoaib Akhtar to open the bowling for the Pakistan.

Akhtar to open.
Let us see if he can deliver the goods many of the PPers have been promising and some dreaming

Shoaib getting battered here.

Come on Shoaib, sort it out

SMITH Should shut up now....gone first ball to shobby...bowled him...way to go boy.....Gangu must be a worried man...:):)

WHAT WHAT WEHATTTTTTTTTTTT GO shoaib go shoiab you da mannnnnnn!!!

Smith Gone ....

Inside edge onto the stumps .... horrid technique (as mentioned by others) exposed

HEY HEY HEY where is POLLY??????????

why is he not coming at number 3??:):)

did you guys see the way shobby ran toward kami wiht open arms...way to go boy

not sure about his action ,but his run up look very slow ,seems like he is just walking up instaed of storming in as usual.

Just getting the feeling that SA are a little cautious or maybe slight scared from Shoaib.
Gibbs played a defensive shot on the free hit. When have you ever seen that happen?

no footwork at all from smith....he thought it was Asif bowling maybe at 115 mph...:)

nosferatu372 said:
Does shoaib's action look a little worse to you guys? his arm looks a bit less straight??
I was gonna say that too, especially when they showed from the side.

darkmoon459 said:
not sure about his action ,but his run up look very slow ,seems like he is just walking up instaed of storming in as usual.

It's his first over in international cricket for ages. Needs to get back into his groove. Will take 2-3 over I think,

wats up with all these extras?

already 4 ...2 no ball and 2 wides...Lawson saab when do you plan to work on this?

Tanvir in particular bowls far too many extras.

He needs to sort it out.

The action is indeed dodgy, hope he gets it right soon, or a complaint will be filed soon.

oh my god , i can not believe that he drop this one...how in the faking world is he in our national team...i would have taken this catch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back