Pakistan to host Tri-series between Pakistan, South Africa and New Zealand

FearlessRoar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Great initiative from PCB, but why not have this tri-series in 2024? What do you guys think about this initiative from PCB?

===============================================================

Chairman PCB Mohsin Naqvi met the Chairman of Cricket South Africa (CSA), Mr Lawson Naidoo and the Chairman of New Zealand Cricket (NZC), Mr Roger Twose.

The agenda of the meeting included the ODI Tri-series between Pakistan, New Zealand and South Africa, to be held in February 2025 in Pakistan, just before the ICC Champions Trophy. The Tri-series was finalised and welcomed by the host and both the member boards.

Chairman PCB also extended an invitation to Mr Roger Twose and Mr Lawson Naidoo to visit Pakistan.

Pakistan Cricket Board last hosted a tri-series in October 2004, where Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe were the other two teams in the event.

Chairman PCB Mohsin Naqvi: “The Tri-series between Pakistan, South Africa and New Zealand will be an exciting event and it is after a long time that Pakistan will host such a tournament. I would like to thank the heads of NZC and CSA for agreeing to participate in the Tri-series. The PCB is also looking forward to hosting the ICC Champions Trophy 2025 which will be a great pleasure for Pakistan to host the top eight ODI teams on its soil.”

PCB

Great initiative from PCB, but why not have this tri-series in 2024? What do you guys think about this initiative from PCB?
Maybe 2024 was already packed with FTP commitments for these sides, 2025 has Champions Trophy so these teams would want to get exposure to Pak conditions just before the tournament.

Schedules are decided months to years in advance, unprofessional to have last minute scheduling because of logistics involved.

SA and NZ will benefit from this arrangement, as warm ups before CT. PCB should push for a similar tournament in SA before the 2027 WC.

It will be a triseries with SA B team participating because SAT20 is scheduled in that slot so not sure if it it is a win situation for PCB

It will be a triseries with SA B team participating because SAT20 is scheduled in that slot so not sure if it it is a win situation for PCB
This time SA T20 was wrapped up by February 10. They can schedule it after that, SA won't miss out the opportunity to gain an advantage over other sides in playing in Pak conditions, just before a major ICC tournament in Pak.

Should be an exciting series. Not much at stake but atleast we’ll get to see some competitive cricket and where we stand prior to 2025 CT

===============================================================

Chairman PCB Mohsin Naqvi met the Chairman of Cricket South Africa (CSA), Mr Lawson Naidoo and the Chairman of New Zealand Cricket (NZC), Mr Roger Twose.

The agenda of the meeting included the ODI Tri-series between Pakistan, New Zealand and South Africa, to be held in February 2025 in Pakistan, just before the ICC Champions Trophy. The Tri-series was finalised and welcomed by the host and both the member boards.

Chairman PCB also extended an invitation to Mr Roger Twose and Mr Lawson Naidoo to visit Pakistan.

Pakistan Cricket Board last hosted a tri-series in October 2004, where Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe were the other two teams in the event.

Chairman PCB Mohsin Naqvi: “The Tri-series between Pakistan, South Africa and New Zealand will be an exciting event and it is after a long time that Pakistan will host such a tournament. I would like to thank the heads of NZC and CSA for agreeing to participate in the Tri-series. The PCB is also looking forward to hosting the ICC Champions Trophy 2025 which will be a great pleasure for Pakistan to host the top eight ODI teams on its soil.”

PCB
Would have been better, had it happened in 2024 but still not bad.

Interesting. Even in the era of peak ODI cricket, tournaments were extremely rare in Pakistan.

There have probably only been 3 ODI tournaments ever in Pakistan and Pakistan didn't win any of them.

Awesome! We need more tri-series. Bilateral have gotten pretty boring.

Good revival of the TRI series.... it gets more interesting unlike just bilateral series which can be quite boring sometimes.

Should be entertaining to watch and all teams will likely be going full strength in preparation for CT.

I would like to see more tri & quad series type mini tournaments but boards should work together to make it happen on a neutral venue so that you get maximum amount of fans & profit. For example, I am how many people will be coming to see a NZ vs SA ODI in Pakistan. Pakistan struggle to pack the stadiums when Pakistan is playing so I don't know what its going to look like when they're not involved.

Would like to see a quad series in England involving Aus/Pakistan/NZ or SA (obviously India instead of NZ/SA would be ideal but my guess is they would decline any tourney/series like that involving Pakistan). That should get stadiums packed regardless in those types of matches and it would be fun & competitive.

Pakistan playing against New Zealand and SOuth Africa. nothing can get better than playing against 2 top teams before an ICC event. Waiting for it now. Pakistan is not playing that many ODIs as well so it will be a good outing.

If this does go ahead, do you know what I’m thinking? 🤔

That it'll be a good wakeup call for RizBar before the Champions trophy? Or is there a Misbah connection that I'm not aware of? Hmmmm

That it'll be a good wakeup call for RizBar before the Champions trophy? Or is there a Misbah connection that I'm not aware of? Hmmmm

I was thinking cut another cake as you're quite fond of this celebration.

I was thinking cut another cake as you're quite fond of this celebration.

Haha I'm not the only one who likes cakes. Some people like to celebrate themselves after losing a match. Guess who this is

VZS1BkfyzZKYGhyZIFkz.jpg

Wow like old times.

Wi Aus Pak Carlton series is still
my fav tri series tilldate, highest quality cricket and broadcasting wise

Lets see if India now tries to influence South Africa to withdraw from this tri series because South Africa mostly follows what India suggests them to do.

Chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board, Mohsin Naqvi, met with the Chief Executive Officer of New Zealand Cricket, Scott Wink (Mr. Scott Weenink), to discuss the Pakistan-New Zealand cricket series and plans for cricket events in New Zealand next year. It was revealed that the Pakistan cricket team would visit New Zealand after the Champions Trophy to play 5 T20 and 3 ODI matches.

Additionally, it was announced that the New Zealand cricket team would visit Pakistan before the Champions Trophy to participate in a 3-nation series.

The meeting was attended by Chief Operating Officer of PCB, Salman Naseer, and Director of International Cricket, Usman Wahla.

Back