Pakistan vs Sri Lanka | 1st Test | Abu Dhabi | 3/1/14 | Day 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khabri420

Senior T20I Player
Runs
Sri Lanka lead by 7 with 6 wickets in hand, but Pakistan probably feel they are in with a chance and would like to bowl out Sri Lanka cheaply.

What sort of target should Pakistan expect to chase?

poor chasers

anything over 120 runs lead and Pakistan may screw up...

younis is dropping straight forward wide deliveries... this can be a disaster

WOW! these Geo Super ads are pathetic. They start the moment the last ball is bowled and stop AFTER the first ball of the next over is bowled

Pitch looks much easier to bat today. These two are not having much trouble at all. Chandimal is scoring run at good rate. It would be interesting to see if Saeed Ajmal gets some help today. There does not seem much cracks on the pitch though.

210/4. Ajmal on. Let's hope, he gets some wickets. He might be required to get the rest of the wickets. Pitch seems to have flattened out a bit.

Pakistani batsmen should see how Chandimal is batting in this inning. He is looking to score runs and not just block like our batsmen did.

Sri Lanka is doing quite nice so far this morning. We need wicket as soon as possible.

A very good ball from Rahat Ali. He has been unlucky to not get any wicket in this game.

The three lowest targets SL have defended in Tests. All vs Pak. 168 Galle, 252 FSD, 294 Peshawar.

The three lowest targets SL have defended in Tests. All vs Pak. 168 Galle, 252 FSD, 294 Peshawar.
Being a Pakistani fan, I would be nervous even if we have to chase 150. Pakistani batting and chasing a total is like an adventure.

Waqar Just said Dropping Azhar for Hafeez fair call, hain jiiiiii

I don't know how others see it, but one must admire how SL came back from a position where an innings defeat was looming abover their head to a position from which they can actually win a match!

Apparently the batsmen have neutralized Saeed Ajmal according to Mr Rameez :facepalm:

53 for Chandimal. A very positive inning from him so far. If he stays for sometime, he could easily take the game away from Pakistan with this positive and aggressive batting.

Still will Pakistan be able to chase 150+ considering our pathetic chasing form?

Although Pakistan haven't picked up early wickets with new ball so far. Thats what Im worried about

I don't know how others see it, but one must admire how SL came back from a position where an innings defeat was looming abover their head to a position from which they can actually win a match!
This deck is as flat as they come. Nothing in it for a bowler. Just check the history here. Should even chase 350 here.

This game might turn out like the other game in the same location between Pakistan vs Sri Lanka where Sri Lanka managed to draw the game after conceding a big first inning lead. Let's hope, I am wrong. But, this partnership is looking very dangerous for us. Let's hope, the new bakk does the trick for us. Pitch is looking flat as hell. Also, Ajmal has been anything but menacing on this track.

I think they might try out a couple more overs with the old balls and then go for the new cherry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back