Pakistan vs Sri Lanka | 4th ODI | Sharjah | Oct 20, 2017 | Sri Lanka Innings

Honestly I don't see it. Looks the same.

Definitely chucking.

Elbow bent.

If you don't believe the side-by-side comparison, just look at his bowling itself. He's slow and loopy today indicating the change in action.

Hasan Ali makes good use of that short ball with the skiddy bounce he gets. Been a brilliant selection for us.

Pakistan should have played Harris instead of Hafeez.

Bhai kabhi zindagi mein bowlint ki hai domestic cricket main. Hafeez bowling action is fine. Just that rules on apply to Pakistan.

Duniya mein halaat kharab hain. Lakin cricket team sirf pakistan nahi ah sakti. DoUble standard.

Fielding has been shambolic in one moment and superb in another.

Not sure why Sarfraz gives so many overs to Hafeez.

Imad can do the exact the same thing.

But as [MENTION=79064]MMHS[/MENTION] said, MoHa has a god given right to show his "talent" for Pakistan.

Definitely chucking.

Elbow bent.

If you don't believe the side-by-side comparison, just look at his bowling itself. He's slow and loopy today indicating the change in action.

He is a human being. He cant be perfect all the time. Why dont they ask for bowling machines to bowl instead of humans.😕

Bhai kabhi zindagi mein bowlint ki hai domestic cricket main. Hafeez bowling action is fine. Just that rules on apply to Pakistan.

Duniya mein halaat kharab hain. Lakin cricket team sirf pakistan nahi ah sakti. DoUble standard.

Regardless, he's a liability in our side, a complete misfit in the current setup. One good innings in CT Final shouldn't pull the wool over people's eyes, he's not a long-term utility as apparent from his mercurial batting in past two years. Moreover his age doesn't help his cause either. He's well past it and the sooner PCB realize this the better. We can't afford to carry this baggage to WC 2019.

Regardless, he's a liability in our side, a complete misfit in the current setup. One good innings in CT Final shouldn't pull the wool over people's eyes, he's not a long-term utility as apparent from his mercurial batting in past two years. Moreover his age doesn't help his cause either. He's well past it and the sooner PCB realize this the better. We can't afford to carry this baggage to WC 2019.

Bro. You are absolutely right about moving on from Hafeez and Malik. But i am sure once we have few more good ODI batsmen for our middle order, they both will be gone soon. But for the time being we need them, hafeez may be a liablity but he has experience and more importantly honest cricketer. We need them for another 6 months.

Tissara bhai - once again thank you for your services to Pakistan cricket.

Shadab on a hat-trick.

Hopefully MoHa gets reported again followed by imminent ban from bowling in international cricket, which should be the last nail in coffin as far as his career is concerned. Haris must replace him permanently in the side.

Shadab will be deadly against non-Asian, weaker sides against spin.

Lankans not picking him here.

Hopefully MoHa gets reported again followed by imminent ban from bowling in international cricket, which should be the last nail in coffin as far as his career is concerned. Haris must replace him permanently in the side.

Haris is injury prone need to look at domestic and find 1 or 2 good middle over batsmen

Each time you think Hafeez's career is done:

200.gif

Just tuned in guys. Wonderful to see Shinwari bowling, although I would've preferred for him to have been brought in for Junaid, instead of Raees who is still not a finished product and needs to play in as many games as possible. How good was Usman?

And is Hafeez still chucking?

Shadab will be deadly against non-Asian, weaker sides against spin.

Lankans not picking him here.

Especially in UAE.

We haven't beaten Aus., Eng., NZ., and SA in UAE. I think Shadab and Imad will be crucial to those series.

Guys, was Fahim dropped for Imad? Or is he injured, as some posters have suggested? Disappointed to not see him there. Not like he would've gotten the chance to bat though.

when will he be ready for the test side??

Needs to play a lot more FC cricket, we rushed him IMO earlier in the year into the Test side. With more FC cricket he'll be able to develop his control and accuracy further.

Just tuned in guys. Wonderful to see Shinwari bowling, although I would've preferred for him to have been brought in for Junaid, instead of Raees who is still not a finished product and needs to play in as many games as possible. How good was Usman?

And is Hafeez still chucking?
Raees is injured.

Shinwari bowled at a decent pace, averaging 136kph despite some labelling him a trundler on here. Got Tharanga out with a good delivery but got sick so had to be taken off - Sarfraz probably gave him an over too many in this heat.

You have ro admire the Srilankan fans. They are still enjoying themselves despite the team’s poor performances.

Bro. You are absolutely right about moving on from Hafeez and Malik. But i am sure once we have few more good ODI batsmen for our middle order, they both will be gone soon. But for the time being we need them, hafeez may be a liablity but he has experience and more importantly honest cricketer. We need them for another 6 months.

No, we don't need him or his "experience", Harris is more than capable to fill his void in the side as an allrounder (if you consider his decent-ish bowling) leading to WC 2019 and he's more far more consistent than MoHa in batting department. As you said, we need to move on from both MoHa and Malik (yes he too) sooner rather than later and groom youngsters in their places to give them enough exposure at international level before their first big assignment arrives in WC 2019.

Needs to play a lot more FC cricket, we rushed him IMO earlier in the year into the Test side. With more FC cricket he'll be able to develop his control and accuracy further.

Raees is injured.

Shinwari bowled at a decent pace, averaging 136kph despite some labelling him a trundler on here. Got Tharanga out with a good delivery but got sick so had to be taken off - Sarfraz probably gave him an over too many in this heat.

Oh, I see.

And that's wonderful, I've always rated Shinwari because I know that he has the ability to turn into a 140 KPH + bowler in a year or so, and with his swing, he is going to be deadly. A lot of fast bowling options for Pakistan.

Obviously delighted we're heading for another win but sad to see Sri Lanka like this.

Growing up in the 90s and 00s I remember Sanath Jayasuriya come to Sharjah and would treat Waqar and Wasim like medium pacers. The class of Sangakarra and Jayawardene, the flair of Dilshan, Murali coming on to choke the life out of an innings in the middle overs - all seems like a world away.

Hopefully SL tail wags to stretch the score to somewhere around 200-220 to make the chase more entertaining.

This Tharanga guy really knows how to troll our team. Why bat first on a flat deck if you don't have batsmen willing to score big? This was an ideal track for a couple of our Batsmen to get tons, or one huge ton for Fakhar or Babar.

Shinwari - I hope he will get chances continuously and sooner he will become permanent member of our Playing XI.

Russell Arnold is not mentioning the biggest issue in Sri Lankan cricket and that is the crooks who are running the board.

Why is a sitting MP (Thilanga Sumathipala) the President of the Board ? Is he doing anything about the standard of domestic cricket and the excessively spin-friendly pitches ? Why have so many coaches been undermined and driven out by his regime ?

A very good looking lad this Shinwari. Most of out boys need to go into modelling. :afridi1

Lol Mickey eating chocolate bars while all of his boys do the work. :inzi

Reminds me of my own manager at work. :babar

No clueless Bazid, Umar Gul isn't considered a star here, everyone I know throughout KP hailing from different regions have never thought highly of him, he has always been regarded as a mediocre bowler even in his peek.

The insipid combo of Bazid + Russel in com-box is capable to put an insomniac to sleep.

4-0 can't believe when was the last time we were 4-0 up against any side

Not sure why Sarfraz gives so many overs to Hafeez.

Imad can do the exact the same thing.

But as [MENTION=79064]MMHS[/MENTION] said, MoHa has a god given right to show his "talent" for Pakistan.

Today, I have to say a shameful day for PAK Cricket. This guy is called for chucking probably 3rd or 4th time and everyone could see what he did in 1st ODI; in fact, in the tight 2nd ODI, he had figures of 20-0-24-Perera. There was absolutely no reason for Sarfraz to give him bowling today knowing that he is under scrutiny and more importantly knowing that the guy is a chucker.

I know that he has 15 days buffer, but Sarfraz/PAK could have done better today by not taking the advantage of that window.

Today, I have to say a shameful day for PAK Cricket. This guy is called for chucking probably 3rd or 4th time and everyone could see what he did in 1st ODI; in fact, in the tight 2nd ODI, he had figures of 20-0-24-Perera. There was absolutely no reason for Sarfraz to give him bowling today knowing that he is under scrutiny and more importantly knowing that the guy is a chucker.

I know that he has 15 days buffer, but Sarfraz/PAK could have done better today by not taking the advantage of that window.

And what if he clears the test ??

“Shinwari is a spray gun”

- [MENTION=138254]Syed1[/MENTION]

IDK what match you are watching he is going at 6.333 rpo when the Sri Lankan run rate is just 4.02.

Isliyay kehtay hain bachay baron ke maamlay mein nahi boltay.

Just when I was about to praise these two for stabilizing the innings and developing a partnership, a wicket falls. Had to backspace all the text that I previously wrote before the dismissal.

And what if he clears the test ??

Still he is a chucker. What he did last time was even worse - remodeled action to pass the test and then gradually returned back to to old action to keep his bowling value.

To answer your question - still it's shameful, because he is called for multiple times previously. If an employee is accused of corruption, they make him OSD or keep suspended during the trial period.

While this young team is coming along nicely, we still lack that final bit of ruthlessness: when you have the opposition on the mat, seven down for a 100, finish them off.

While this young team is coming along nicely, we still lack that final bit of ruthlessness: when you have the opposition on the mat, seven down for a 100, finish them off.

Exactly this. Tougher and better sides have deep batting and the likes of Pandya, Buttler, Maxwell, Miller, Faulkner and Co. will not give Pakistan the liberty to play it cool.

Oooooh How did that miss the stumps.... infact it has touched the bail... cant believe

Back