Pakistan vs Sri Lanka | Asia Cup | Dhaka | 15/3/12 | 1st Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afridi can only bowl to right handed batsmen of minnows. That's what he did in the world cup and got cheap wickets. When it came to the semi-final vs Indian, Afridi was treated with disdain.

Afridi can only bowl to Bangladeshi and associate batsmen. Put him against decent right handers from a test playing team and see him get the treatment he deserves.

one of the Bangladeshi commentators sounds like Ravi Shastri!

From here on SLA might even get up to 270+

146/4 (33 overs)

I can't watch it on tv. Can you please tell me how SL are able to recover from 66/4. With our best bowler Afridi bowling how are they able to score freely of last 6/7 overs? Are they dropping catches?

poor garbage from misbah

pathetic

would we have been allowed to let both batsmen get fifty

misbah needs to bring ajmal into the attack he is one of our best bowlers and wicket taker,

afridi has been rubbish since england series

I can't watch it on tv. Can you please tell me how SL are able to recover from 66/4. With our best bowler Afridi bowling how are they able to score freely of last 6/7 overs? Are they dropping catches?

They started off with singles, Sanga and Tharanga, then turned singles in to doubles and now they are pretty much scoring a boundary per over.

Our 'best' spinner has been going for 5 and a half over.

Afridi can only bowl to Bangladeshi and associate batsmen. Put him against decent right handers from a test playing team and see him get the treatment he deserves.

Please dont insult the much improved bowler. He averages 86 v Ind 61 v Eng 48 v NZ 43 v SA and 40 v WI in last two years. These are impressive numbers.

pitch is very flat, we have gotten lucky, srilankans gifted us wickets early. These two, are playing sensibly unlike some batsmen from our team.

Nasir Jamshaid looks really heavy he gained a lot of weight.

Please dont insult the much improved bowler. He averages 86 v Ind 61 v Eng 48 v NZ 43 v SA and 40 v WI in last two years. These are impressive numbers.

May the gods of cricket forgive me for this act of blasphemy. Imagine how much better our record in the 90s would have been if we had replaced those second rate talentless hacks Saqlain Mushtaq and Saeed Anwar with the mighty and tall 10 year old Afridi, two in one.

158/4 (35 overs)

I w'd say even 275+ is on esp. if these two survive the batting powerplay

Nasir Jamshaid looks really heavy he gained a lot of weight.

No, he looks a lot leaner than he did back in 2009 against Australia, his last international appearance for Pakistan prior to the Asia Cup.

RR is still 4.5

which tbh, could have been a lot worse, had Jaya and Dilshan stayed

May the gods of cricket forgive me for this act of blasphemy. Imagine how much better our record in the 90s would have been if we had replaced those second rate talentless hacks Saqlain Mushtaq and Saeed Anwar with the mighty and tall 10 year old Afridi, two in one.

haha.

raza hasan, yasir shah should be considered for afridi

raza hasan has improved with the bat

I can see SL getting 270+ here now and pakistans skipper will be to blame for allowing SL into the game! really poor stuff!

against quality teams, the expected performance of Afridi is :

Bowling: 1/58
Batting: quick fire 6 in 2 balls.

I'm sure there are other players in Pakistan who can do as well.

SL 158/4 after 35 overs

We need atleast 2/3 wickets in PP.

Thank god for ajmal. if we can get sanga out aswell then we can really restrict SL.

Dropped.....

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.

Might as well bring back Kamran

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.

Afridi does this all the time. But the majority of fans don't care.

The guy can't bowl with the new ball like Hafeez. He can't bowl in the death and powerplay like Ajmal. The guy can just bowl in the middle overs. What's more, he's not that economical with the ball in the middle overs either when scoring is harder. Doesn't excel against left handers or right handers. He's not the most economical spin bowler we have (he comes out third out of all the spin bowlers). He's not the most dangerous spin bowler we have which is ajmal. And against top nations Afridi's the worst (though he's the best out of all three against minnows).

He's the weakest spin bowler out of our trio. And Hafeez is by no means an excellent spin bowler.

What a superb bowler this Ajmal....took wickets at the right time...looks like good bye for SL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back