Pakistan vs Sri Lanka | Asia Cup | Dhaka | 15/3/12 | 1st Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afridi does this all the time. But the majority of fans don't care.

The guy can't bowl with the new ball like Hafeez. He can't bowl in the death and powerplay like Ajmal. The guy can just bowl in the middle overs. What's more, he's not that economical with the ball in the middle overs either when scoring is harder. Doesn't excel against left handers or right handers. He's not the most economical spin bowler we have (he comes out third out of all the spin bowlers). He's not the most dangerous spin bowler we have which is ajmal. And against top nations Afridi's the worst (though he's the best out of all three against minnows).

He's the weakest spin bowler out of our trio. And Hafeez is by no means an excellent spin bowler.

It's unfortunate that he has such a large fanbase, makes it almost impossible to drop him as we saw earlier this year when he was out of the side. How he managed to get so many fans is a mystery to me. The only theory I have is that the average IQ of his fans is in the 40-55 range, a sad reflection on the Pakistani public's intelligence.

Misbah needs to aim for less than 200 finish for SL...he needs to be attacking even after batting PP is over ...especially with Pak's brittle batting line up

After all the crying about Afridi by some PPs here, I thought Afridi had one of the worst matches of his life. Went to cricinfo & saw his bowling figures:

6 0 32 0 5.33

:facepalm: to you crying babies!

After all the crying about Afridi by some PPs here, I thought Afridi had one of the worst matches of his life. Went to cricinfo & saw his bowling figures:

6 0 32 0 5.33

don't believe everything you read/hear

there are some genuine haters here

I'm glad to see so many posters here who can ignore the glamour and fan following and focus on Afridi's merit as a player.

It's unfortunate that he has such a large fanbase, makes it almost impossible to drop him as we saw earlier this year when he was out of the side. How he managed to get so many fans is a mystery to me. The only theory I have is that the average IQ of his fans is in the 40-55 range, a sad reflection on the Pakistani public's intelligence.
Afridi will never score runs or take wickets until Misbah fails as ODI captain and he becomes captain. There is a political animal inside Afridi sad to say this, but it is true, he has inherited this from Malik the Menace. Shame on him for not playing for Pakistan, he is a very selfish individual. You make him Captain today and watch his performance.
He says he doesn't want captaincy but 1000 years of international cricket has taught him some crude diplomacy, and he has learned to say the right things but his actions are speaking louder than words.

When will he retire because he can not justify a position in the team anymore.

Last edited:
Ajmal once again showing why hes number 1 bowler in the world.

SL 171/6 After 40 overs.

Good last 10 overs need by pakistan. Maybe restrict SL to 220 at worst.

Jamshed will need to get some runs v SL his two inns previously against them yielded 1 run if i remember rightly!

At the start I predicted SL will get less than 240. Looks like I was spot on

240 above will be difficult to chase lets restrict them below that

6 0 32 0 5.33

Those are pretty crappy figures in the context of the game. When he came on to bowl, the run rate was under 4 and the batsmen were struggling. In any case, no wickets with a 5+ economy rate over a completed ODI spell have become Afridi's trademark figures in ODIs. He routinely ends up with 0 for 50-60 against test teams, almost every alternate game I'd say.

if pakistan bowls full 50 .. pakistan has chance of slow over rate
38 minutes to bowl last 9 overs

Today Gull is bowling his heart out.
he had to cement his place vs India match. Now for sure he will be selected against India ahead of cheema and riaz. His next performance could be one of his most rubbish.

Is cheema the flukiest bowler ever or what? i mean all of his wickets were short wide filth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back