Pakistan vs Sri Lanka | Asia Cup | Dhaka | 15/3/12 | 2nd Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liking Jamshed's intent, now Hafeez on strike.

Nasir playing nicely. I hope he play 50+ score and keep momentum for India game

The openers not looking settled at all; Nasir jamshed looking very sloppy, all lucky shots.

Good lord, some fans can never be satisfied. If they were chasing 250, ofcourse the approach would be different but for now, its good to improvise and play safe

Pakistan should aim to get the bonus point by scoring the target under 40 overs

not a big fan of these slow starts a few quick wickets and with misbah and younis in their tuk tuk mode we could quickly end up in a rot like we have previously. Something for Dave to work on.

Umar Akmal should be sent in, pakistan ned to be positive here!

I guess the lad felt he had to do the bulk of the scoring no thanks to Hafeez Tuk Tuk

Don't know why the asian batsmen go for the pull as most of them can't play it properly.

Hafeez looked very unsettled, a lot of close calls. Nasir Jamshed is looking good now though

hafeez is not an opener but a minnow basher, he has been out of form for a while now

nasir jamshed has been recalled so give him some games, also he is natural strokeplayer he basically likes going for his shots he is not a tuk tuk batsmen so its probably a change for him that his natural game has been curtailed.

Pakistan really need to start making better use of the 1st ten overs in games. Being solid is fine but if you lose wickets then slow starts just put the team in trouble.

For all that talk of 'solid stable starts' we're still 29/1.

I'd rather have an explosive yet risky start.

Think I might go to sleep this time for real

Current RR 3.38 Req.. RR 3.87.... surelly Pakistan will not mess up from here... but we have tooo many tuk tuk players...

This is why I dont like slow starts, our early batsmen cannot consolidate to save their life. Leave the consolidating to the middle-order, the openers should just try to get a nice start, like how Hafeez and Kamran Akmal used to do the past year.

Great stop by Dilshan. Looked like Younis would get a four there.

What the hell is hafeez doing? I can see a typical stupid shot due to self applied pressure here soon!

Brilliant fielding. The pressure is on the **** batsmen even with a target of 180 :facepalm:

this is no suprise hafeez has been woeful with the bat for quite a while now, even last yr when he was on form it was against minnows mainly.

younis needs to take charge here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back