Pakistan vs Sri Lanka | Asia Cup Final 2014 | Dhaka | 8/3/2014 | Pakistan Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, if i were Mathews, I would bat first and let Pakistan do the chasing

Game is slightly poised in Pakistan's favor IMO, 55% 45%
Fingers crossed for a high scoring thriller!

Afridi just confirmed to Ramiz while practicing on field that he is fit after the injection. Ramiz asked fit ho na? Afridi answer injection ne kaam kerdya hai :p

Pakistan vs Sri Lanka | Asia Cup Final 2014 | Dhaka | 8/3/2014 |

Win toss n bowl. We have been winning chasing in Asia well

Interesting.

Shajreel comes for Sohaib and Junaid in for Abdur Rehman

Afridi's playing! Sri Lanka might as well hand over the cup now.

Mendis not playing so Lakmal in for Lanka.

Shargeel in. Maqsood out. Juni in rehman out.... mendis not playing

bad choice to play Sharjeel they should have gone with Maqsood ,Hafeez to open

They showed mendis as the X factor on the pre game show and he isn't playing :yk

Pakistan brought back Sharjeel.. I hope he will not be walking wicket against Malinga

Is Sohaib Maqsood unfit? Sharjeel has not impressed I think Maqsood should have played if not unfit.

Mendis out cuz of afridi? Just a thought

WTH they dropped the highest wicket taker of the tournament? :13: strange think tank!

Need to but a big score on board at least 300

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is Mendis injured or just rested?

rested because they need a pacer like lakmal in death overs. But its a big gamble a player like Mendis can change game before death overs i guess Lanka think tank trying to too think too deep.

Last edited:
NO Mendis... Could be a massive blunder by the think tanks. What were they thinking.

Good to see Misbah finally understanding that we should always bat first.

In Pak team there are many players who haven't played Mendis before and Mendis always gives trouble to new comers. Good for Pakistan.

Last edited:
rested because they need a pacer like lakmal in death overs. But its a big gamble a players Mendis can change game before death overs i guess Lanka think tank trying to too think too deep.

Considering how horrible we are against spinners especially against leggies and how horrible we are against game changers or non game changers. :p :p :p

Has a pretty decent record against us. 7 matches 11 wickets at 24 avg. not bad at all.

Line Up

2cxanmx.png

Maybe they dropped him cause Pakistan have always played well against him. :danish

But his current form is very good so you cant ignore this factor you cant drop an in form player based on his performance against a specific team in past.

We should have dropped Gul or Talha instead of Sohaib. WTH 6 bowlers and than even fawad can bowl a couple of overs.

Good to see Sarjheel back for Maqsood who is atleast better fielder. Would be happy if Bhatti/Anwar selected instead of Talha who so far looks pathetic in the field, gave so many runs & do not know how to bat

But his current form is very good so you cant ignore this factor you cant drop an in form player based on his performance against a specific team in past.

Agree.

I'm just trying figure out this baffling decision

Considering how horrible we are against spinners especially against leggies and how horrible we are against game changers or non game changers. :p :p :p

Has a pretty decent record against us. 7 matches 11 wickets at 24 avg. not bad at all.

and our leggie is not going to bowl today i guess or maybe only a couple of overs otherwise i see no reason of dropping Sohaib and and going to with 6 bowlers.

6 bowler strategy. how hard is it to drop a pacer for a batsmen.

6th bowler is there to provide a cover for Afridi who is not 100% fit and this batting first decision is based on Afridi fitness too. Misbah want to utilize Afridi batting first without making him tired in field otherwise there is a doubt of dew too (although i didn't notice much dew in last couple of matches on this ground)

they dont have a #3 batsman other than Hafeez in the side, so it was the logical choice to drop Sohaib, whose current form was not that great either.

and our leggie is not going to bowl today i guess or maybe only a couple of overs otherwise i see no reason of dropping Sohaib and and going to with 6 bowlers.
dude we were never going to try a part timer with 6 options. Unless 4 of the 6 are getting smashed. TBH i am happy. With the two leggies. mendis and de silva we could have been in trouble big time. now we only have to worry bt the one. :tahir

6th bowler is there to provide a cover for Afridi who is not 100% fit and this batting first decision is based on Afridi fitness too. Misbah want to utilize Afridi batting first without making him tired in field otherwise there is a doubt of dew too (although i didn't notice much dew in last couple of matches on this ground)

I think you are over thinking things. We have always went with 6 bowlers and we just used the same plan again. Last match rehmans blunders forced part timers to be used and there is a good chance misbah is still not sure of our chasing abilities especially when you bank a chase on afridi who is a very big hit or miss.

how could Sri Lankans can drop Mendis :facepalm:

Bit scared of him getting flogged in the death overs I think. It's a big call and Lakmal will have to step up. Could turn into a masterstroke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back