Pakistan vs Sri Lanka | Third Test : Day Three | Sharjah | 05 November 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
pak will be relying heavily on younis and misbah. they have to play big innings so far in the series they have been quite. also asad and the tail enders must support the team in the 1st innings. pak can win this if they can get close to srl total.

I don't think pak are in a terrible position, the two early wickets made it look alot worse. Middle order is finally put under pressure though, should be interesting to see what we can end up with.

misbah tuk tuk strategy might just kill the game. they shud go after srl and look to dominate. be positive thn result will be positive.

misbah tuk tuk strategy might just kill the game. they shud go after srl and look to dominate. be positive thn result will be positive.

You can't just do that straight up in test cricket on a pitch offering a bit. Our first priority should be to get a couple stable top order partnerships and get to the follow-on mark, after which if we have wickets in hand we should be able to accelerate.
Also agree that the tail has to do a better job than the last test and get some runs.

I'm actually glad our middle order will be tested today... they haven't been under a lot of pressure off late because of Hafeez, Taufeeq and Azhar performing so well

We are still quite far from losing this test match, but a lot of work needs to be done to avoid that

Conditions should suit the bowlers for the first hour, but then I expect a flat track for most of the day. Herath will be looking to pick up a lot of wickets today :galle

I wouldn't mind a slow morning session without loss of wickets. tuk away guys!

If we go through the morning session for about 2.00 with NO wickets it will be more then useful.

I think the goal should be to avoid the follow on before pressing on for a result.

Dhammika Prasad pulled a muscle during his bowling stint and has had a scan. The report is awaited. Russell Arnold reckons that he might not bowl today.

Pitch Report: The pitch is wearing out and the cracks are beginning to open up. There is not much for the pacers, but the spinners will need to dominate. It is still a good surface to bat on.

Azhar Ali and Younis Khan on the crease.

I love it when a partnership is in progress between an experienced batsman and a new-comer. Very Interesting to see how the experienced one guides the partnership and how much it helps new-comer's game.

So freaky, I had this thought before the days play that an SL bowler will be injured.

BD you are going to make this day a 40 page thread if you continue at this pace, nothing has even happened yet!

It's okay though, no need for Pakistan to play at silly balls. Get the runs on offer, thats all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back