Pakistani cricketers are physically inferior to Indians

SpiritOf1903

ODI Debutant
Runs
For all the joking and mocking regards diet, Indians are taller, fitter and much better physical specimen than Pakistanis.

Even our bowlers bar Shaheen are average or below average height.

Rohit carries a belly but with power, Babar carries fat that simply inhibits him.

Also Pakistan is overly reliant on KPK players who are generally of better builds.

That’s nothing to celebrate because Pakistan is no measuring stick in sports. They are average in cricket, below mediocre in hockey and extremely pathetic in Olympic sports. Frankly speaking, many Asian nations other than Bharat have athletes better built than chubby unfit Pakistani sportsmen.

As for Bharat, we too have a long long way to go in achieving even better physical shape and athleticism at par with Western nations athletes or some of the finest global south nations in sports.

Well you can build muscles, yes genetics are there, but through exercise and diet you can be powerful too, batsmen don't need to be taller, yes helps with fast bowling for sure, but who tells Pakistani team that there is such a thing as diet and exercise.

South Asian tends to have a lazy attitude towards any physical activity hence in general are terrible at almost all others sports so diet doesn't matter much. Applies to all of subcontinent in general

This taller or fitter talk is not very useful if country is not putting money on sports. But then I am not sure if that's the only reason.

Asian Games Medal:

Sri Lanka - 5
Afghanistan - 5
Pakistan - 3

Clearly, it's about putting some focus even if resources are low, otherwise warn torn country like Afghanistan/SL can't have more medals.

Having said this, I don't think the same issue exists in cricket because there is enough money and focus is on cricket. OP is reading too much into this situation due to a loss.

Don’t apply your mediocrity to us all. We are doing great at sports and have abundance of top athletes.

Sure you do in your heads only, in a billion a few rare winning odd games in Olympics and in recent Asia games where two nations are over a billion? You are in general equally terrible at sports so dont get your feelings hurt.

Abundance of top athletes in a place with 1/6th of the world? Name those sports where lol abundance lies: football? boxing? tennis? winter sports? olympics? Which one is it? Don't post jokes, it's understandable you are high on win today but don't let it get you get carried away. I only posted an obvious fact about south asian sporting/athletic culture

Sure you do in your heads only, in a billion a few rare winning odd games in Olympics and in recent Asia games where two nations are over a billion? You are in general equally terrible at sports so dont get your feelings hurt.

Abundance of top athletes in a place with 1/6th of the world? Name those sports where lol abundance lies: football? boxing? tennis? winter sports? olympics? Which one is it? Don't post jokes, it's understandable you are high on win today but don't let it get you get carried away. I only posted an obvious fact about south asian sporting/athletic culture

The lame excuses and taunts of Pakistanis about Bharat’s unstoppable march towards growth is just laughable and is getting sad with every passing year.

Congratulations to you guys for embracing mediocrity, hatred and negativity while we remain focused on improving ourselves in every regard be it sports or economy and geopolitics.

Yuzi Chahal will beg to differ with you. :) Seriously Rohit is not a power hitter just because he is a six hitting monster. He is one of the sweetest timer of the ball. Almost all indians. Things like getting into position early enough, transfer of weight and so many things have to come together. West Indians have better physique. Yet they are found wanting.

The lame excuses and taunts of Pakistanis about Bharat’s unstoppable march towards growth is just laughable and is getting sad with every passing year.

Congratulations to you guys for embracing mediocrity, hatred and negativity while we remain focused on improving ourselves in every regard be it sports or economy and geopolitics.

Stick to topic not tears. Mention those "abundance of talented sports" in which you are apparently so good at with abundance of talent.

Come on name them bhaiji, don't sing bande mataram when you are rated among the worse one in recent global hunger index so that doesn't matter until unless you raise living standards significantly for massive billion... Regardless don't want to distract from the topic. Name the sports with abundance of talent where you are excelling....?

South Asian tends to have a lazy attitude towards any physical activity hence in general are terrible at almost all others sports so diet doesn't matter much. Applies to all of subcontinent in general

That used to be true of Bharat, but to give them credit, they have become a lot more professional in the last decade or two. Pakistan has never had a properly organised first class scene, the cricketers are mostly bumpkins who have been brought up playing tape ball and struggle to adapt when playing at this level.

I always thought of Haris Rauf as a strong, athletic dude but that recent video of him and Kohli hugging each other made me notice how much fat he is carrying for an express fast bowler especially around the belly and the waist. He was also barely taller than 5’9 Kohli.

That used to be true of Bharat, but to give them credit, they have become a lot more professional in the last decade or two. Pakistan has never had a properly organised first class scene, the cricketers are mostly bumpkins who have been brought up playing tape ball and struggle to adapt when playing at this level.

I am not even referring to cricket hence I brought up "other sports". Cricket is in our blood so will always find talent, India more so as they do have a much better and stronger cricketing structure but time will tell as they are yet to dominate cricket like Australia or West Indies for decades to be categorized as absolute top side even in cricket.

Win/loss today is getting a few really carried away hence making irrational claims

Don’t apply your mediocrity to us all. We are doing great at sports and have abundance of top athletes.
Can you tell us how many of you are there? India alone have close to 1/5 of the entire World population so calm down with this rethoric about mediocrity. So of course among that Manpower you will find some very talented people. Whole of sub-continent on average are at same page.

India’s biggest advantage is the money they have invested in sports. But I will also give credit where it’s due. There is more professionalism in your cricket than rest of the SC.

Pakistan’s biggest problem is lack of proper facilities at loser levels, hunger, attitude and professionalism. You need to have proper diet, train extremely hard at this level, but I see pictures of the players having biriyanis and niharis. They should calm down with that.

Can you tell us how many of you are there? India alone have close to 1/5 of the entire World population so calm down with this rethoric about mediocrity. So of course among that Manpower you will find some very talented people. Whole of sub-continent on average are at same page.

India’s biggest advantage is the money they have invested in sports. But I will also give credit where it’s due. There is more professionalism in your cricket than rest of the SC.

Pakistan’s biggest problem is lack of proper facilities at loser levels, hunger, attitude and professionalism. You need to have proper diet, train extremely hard at this level, but I see pictures of the players having biriyanis and niharis. They should calm down with that.

You are talking as if Pakistan isn’t a populous nation. This is the problem with Pakistanis. They just do not realise the realities that exist and have to just blindly talk against Bharat, nation possessed with improving itself and getting to the next level.

Pakistan is projected to be the 4th largest nation by population very soon, during our lifetime by the way. We will see how that will automatically drive things formatted you if you do not have the right policies in place.

How Rohit hits those monster Sixes ? Can anyone ever imagine Imam , Rizwan and Babar hitting such big shots out of the ground ? In the present squad, only Chacha has the strength to hit those long sixes but given his technique the ball is likely to go higher than longer in distance. Previously Misbah also had the power to hit monster Sixes when needed.

It is also herculean task to manage these billion people, we are improving on all major indexes year on year. Do you understand the erffort required to move a billion and half people on the correct path?

Yuzi Chahal will beg to differ with you. :) Seriously Rohit is not a power hitter just because he is a six hitting monster. He is one of the sweetest timer of the ball. Almost all indians. Things like getting into position early enough, transfer of weight and so many things have to come together. West Indians have better physique. Yet they are found wanting.
rohit has fat , but lot of muscle has well, you can see his shoulders are very well built. He has chachoo Ifthikhar built

How Rohit hits those monster Sixes ? Can anyone ever imagine Imam , Rizwan and Babar hitting such big shots out of the ground ? In the present squad, only Chacha has the strength to hit those long sixes but given his technique the ball is likely to go higher than longer in distance. Previously Misbah also had the power to hit monster Sixes when needed.

Pakistan has players who can hit monster sixes, only problem is they are just blind sloggers and won't last more than 5 balls.

Rohit is an actual batsman first, he has technique not just brute force.

rohit has fat , but lot of muscle has well, you can see his shoulders are very well built. He has chachoo Ifthikhar built

He is a silky smooth timer. Optimum connections he makes. That is why he effortlessly hits 90 meter six. He has the highest number of sixes in ODIs in Australia for a Non-Australian

IN Australia sixes by Non-Australians

Rohit 30 matches 34 sixes
Richarsd 73 matches 33 sixes
Afridi 38 matches 31 sixes
Jayasuriya 51 matches 26 sixes
Gayle 20 matches 21 sixes

Only Universal boss and Rohit has more than 1 six per match on an average here in this list. ABDV/Guptill other two but they have less than 20 sixes.

You ever heard the term God given talent? Gifted player?

When Rohit hits those pulls, just remember those terms and realise the truth in them.

You are talking as if Pakistan isn’t a populous nation. This is the problem with Pakistanis. They just do not realise the realities that exist and have to just blindly talk against Bharat, nation possessed with improving itself and getting to the next level.

Pakistan is projected to be the 4th largest nation by population very soon, during our lifetime by the way. We will see how that will automatically drive things formatted you if you do not have the right policies in place.
I haven't said anything to defend Pakistan at all in this case. It's only you, like many other indians here, who got defensive. Dil thoda sa badha rakha aur kuch bardasht kya karo. Everyting is not about Pak v India, so you don't need to defend anything said against India. Had it been a negative thing I had said I could understand you.

All I am saying, that physique wise whole of SC are more or less on same page. Of course you will have some differnces from area to area but mostly it's same.

It is also herculean task to manage these billion people, we are improving on all major indexes year on year. Do you understand the erffort required to move a billion and half people on the correct path?
You are taking the discussion in another direction. And I have praised India's professionalism many times here. So if you think I am jealous then you are talking to wrong person.

This thread is as ridiculous as those posters who used to claim eating beef makes Pakistanis stronger & hence they produce better fast bowlers

Its never about beef or genetics. Its about proper system & mentoring structure. India won 100 plus medals in Asian Games not bcoz Indians are bigger & stronger. Its bcoz we now have better structure in place

I won't comment on physical abilities and talk about genetics or whatever.

But there is a definite mental gap. Pakistani fans talk a lot about mental strength but hardly any player you have ever produced has ever shown that.

Even someone like Venkatesh Prasad was mentally much tougher than 99 % of your cricketers. After Aamir smashed him, Venky bowled the next one right on top of off stump. That is execution under pressure. That is mental toughness despite being much slower than Pakistani quicks.

Waqar on the other hand kept bowling half vollies and got wrecked by Kumble and Jadeja and had an absolute 'mare.

Misbah playing a stupid shot under pressure, Umar Gul losing the plot after being the best bowler in '11 CWC after one thrashing by Sehwag.

Siraj was getting hit today but he came back and bowled the channel and redeemed himself with 2 wickets. That is mental toughness and very few Pakistani bowlers have ever shown that.

Historically,they could never control the ball unless they could get early reverse and then you'd see Shoaib digging his nails into the ball etc.

They simply have no idea how to simplify things and just hit a line and length. And with hooping reverse having vanished from white ball cricket, even that bit of control is gone now.

It is combination of structure, better builds and being fitness freaks.

Pakistanis still espouse beef nonsense regarding Indian bolwers

What's surprising here is the indians being shorter bowlers, but so much more disciplined. They're generally extremely acrive in the gym and India has two players over 6', one an all-rounder. Pakistan SSA

Abdullah Shafique 5 '10 178cm | Rohit Sharma 5 '9 174cm

Imam-ul-Haq 5 '9 175cm | Shubman Gill 6 '1 185cm

Babar Azam (c) - 5 '11 180cm (debatable) | Virat Kohli 5 '9 175cm

Mohammad Rizwan † 5 '7 170cm | KL Rahul † Unverified

Saud Shakeel 5 '6 168cm | Shreyas Iyer 5 '11 180cm

Iftikhar Ahmed 5 '10 178cm | Hardik Pandya 6' 183cm

Shadab Khan 5 '10 178cm | Ravindra Jadeja 5 '8 173cm

Mohammad Nawaz 5 '10 178cm | Kuldeep Yadav 5 '6 168cm

Hasan Ali 5 '9 174cm | Shardul Thakur 5 '9 175cm

Shaheen Shah Afridi 6 '6 198cm (misnomer) | Mohammed Siraj 5 '10 178cm

Haris Rauf 5' 11 180cm | Jasprit Bumrah 5 '9 175cm

Source: Wikipedia

For all the joking and mocking regards diet, Indians are taller, fitter and much better physical specimen than Pakistanis.

Rohit carries a belly but with power, Babar carries fat that simply inhibits him.

Also Pakistan is overly reliant on KPK players who are generally of better builds.
Anyone do a tally of cake parties between both teams?

What's surprising here is the indians being shorter bowlers, but so much more disciplined. They're generally extremely acrive in the gym and India has two players over 6', one an all-rounder. Pakistan SSA

No way is Bumrah just 5'9"... he looks so tall

Not sure regarding the veracity of the stats here. But I find babar and rizwan and (and maybe Gill?) to be slightly shorter than those mentioned heights. With active Indian National set up, players like Ashwin, Axar, Hardik, Siraj, prasidh and (maybe Gill?) are 6 feet or above. Rahul, Sky and Shreyas are all mentioned to be 5'11. If I look at players with average/slightly below average height then Kuldeep, ishan, pant and chahal are all around 5'6 to 5'7 though a couple of them could be 1 inch lesser than what I presume. Rohit, Jadeja and Kohli are of average height - 5'8 to 5'9.

Stick to topic not tears. Mention those "abundance of talented sports" in which you are apparently so good at with abundance of talent.

Come on name them bhaiji, don't sing bande mataram when you are rated among the worse one in recent global hunger index so that doesn't matter until unless you raise living standards significantly for massive billion... Regardless don't want to distract from the topic. Name the sports with abundance of talent where you are excelling....?
Just to name a few, Kabaddi, Javelin Throw, Hockey, Cricket etc.

I know you will found a way to counter this as well because of your origin trait, I'll welcome that and will provide figures to prove that we are excelling in these sports or you can google it out for your self enlightenment.

Education is very important for a nation 🫢

If the population is parameter than Pakistan is 1/5 smaller than india. Indian won 100 medals in Asian game then Pakistan atleast should have won 20 ? Right bro but they only won 3 why??? Answer me

I don't think it's physical reasons.

I'd say it's down to skills and the mentality.

Pakistan have 90% lost the match before they have even entered the field.
Not really. Pakistan were dominating postion when babar and Rizwan were playing .
Pakistan were 155-2 in 29 over .
Babar wicket was turning point of the match .
300 runs on this slow wicket was match winning score .

This is not a wrestling or an American football contest where size matters. This is cricket and the Pakistanis are markedly mentally inferior.

Physically pak players need to monitor their diet way better, yes. But I think that's not the reason for the defeats. The system and general mentality seems to be quite negative when facing Ind.

With current team, I find pak players to be overawed / too friendly with guys like Virat. Add to it now they know that Kohli himself just seems to be a very approachable guy. Kohli, the guy, who has such an aura and has won so many games single handedly against them.. Yes that kohli.... also seems a very approachable guy.

and they seem to get too friendly which is reflected at the end where they are literally laughing after quite a bad loss as if nothing happened.

I'm not saying it's wrong as such bonding is always good but it has its downsides.

Babar himself seems to be quite an emotional / nice guy. I like the bloke actually. Being a nice guy is really good, but when it comes to competition he needs to be ruthless. I believe the same quality of babar is affecting his team selections as well as he goes with his heart than head.

Physically pak players need to monitor their diet way better, yes. But I think that's not the reason for the defeats. The system and general mentality seems to be quite negative when facing Ind.

With current team, I find pak players to be overawed / too friendly with guys like Virat. Add to it now they know that Kohli himself just seems to be a very approachable guy. Kohli, the guy, who has such an aura and has won so many games single handedly against them.. Yes that kohli.... also seems a very approachable guy.

and they seem to get too friendly which is reflected at the end where they are literally laughing after quite a bad loss as if nothing happened.

I'm not saying it's wrong as such bonding is always good but it has its downsides.

Babar himself seems to be quite an emotional / nice guy. I like the bloke actually. Being a nice guy is really good, but when it comes to competition he needs to be ruthless. I believe the same quality of babar is affecting his team selections as well as he goes with his heart than head.
KOHLI is in their heads!. He's a rival!!!!

Just to name a few, Kabaddi, Javelin Throw, Hockey, Cricket etc.

I know you will found a way to counter this as well because of your origin trait, I'll welcome that and will provide figures to prove that we are excelling in these sports or you can google it out for your self enlightenment.

Education is very important for a nation 🫢

So when Pakistan was dominating hockey and squash could we have said we have an athletic/sporting culture? Because that's exactly how you are trying to make a case here. Don't keep repeating the same thought process when I am not siding with anyone. All I said was brown ppl aren't athletic in general as they are not brought up in such an environment, regardless of their meat or veg diet. Your high on Bharti octane Bhaijaan feelings got hurt from that comment and went in all defense mode, took it as an attack on Bharat Prem Khata lol (usual of padosis).

Javelin throw, where is the abundance of talent there other than one guy out of 1.5 billion representing India? He claimed abundance of talent in various sports and I only refuted that bogus claim. Don't bring up cricket here as I have clearly mentioned other sports.

And people who elected a banned terrorist as PM and support a ruling party of jahil fanatics shouldn't talk about education of others.

Mentally inferior as well.

Today's loss was totally mental game, just like how Pakistan has folded against India in all other world cup games due to mental strength missing in majority of high pressure games.

Being fit is certainly needed, but Rohit wouldn't be described as fit but this guy hits it like many of our batsmen can only dream of

That same flawed theory every day - you need physique, muscle & power to hit SIX. Yes, you need those to hit six from mistimed shots, edges and unorthodox reverse flicks.

To hit a six properly, you need timing, foot work to reach the ball & connect it on the rise (by physics, a projectile will travel longest if it’s released at 45 degree, so ideally at the point of contact with bat, a ball will travel longest if the entrée & exit trajectory crests a 90 degree angle with the bat), transfer of body weight (from lower trunk to upper trunk), bat swing & coordination of body swing with bat swing (batting is a side on game - while hitting a six, power combined from bat swing from back lift and body swing at waste line). These are batting skills, not power. Our Mushi is 5’3” (now 5’2” after losing hair) and 130kg max - he has like 170 international SIX, close to 100 in ODI - longest one being 107 metres.

Once again - SIX hitting is a batting skill based on technique, not from power. Obviously someone 6’3” and 200lbs will find it easier to hit a six over someone 5’2” & 130lbs with COMPARABLY equal batting skills.

Please tell how to carry a belly but with power. Asking for a friend.

This thread is as ridiculous as those posters who used to claim eating beef makes Pakistanis stronger & hence they produce better fast bowlers

Its never about beef or genetics. Its about proper system & mentoring structure. India won 100 plus medals in Asian Games not bcoz Indians are bigger & stronger. Its bcoz we now have better structure in place
At the same asian games indian hockey team defeated pakistan by 10 goals. It all boiled down to better fitness

So when Pakistan was dominating hockey and squash could we have said we have an athletic/sporting culture? Because that's exactly how you are trying to make a case here. Don't keep repeating the same thought process when I am not siding with anyone. All I said was brown ppl aren't athletic in general as they are not brought up in such an environment, regardless of their meat or veg diet. Your high on Bharti octane Bhaijaan feelings got hurt from that comment and went in all defense mode, took it as an attack on Bharat Prem Khata lol (usual of padosis).

Javelin throw, where is the abundance of talent there other than one guy out of 1.5 billion representing India? He claimed abundance of talent in various sports and I only refuted that bogus claim. Don't bring up cricket here as I have clearly mentioned other sports.

And people who elected a banned terrorist as PM and support a ruling party of jahil fanatics shouldn't talk about education of others.
You've outclassed yourself in all your statements, that's why I'm reiterating that Education is important for a nation. Debate can be done with a person who is talking sense and all your statements are proving my education related statement.

If people like you remain in our neighbouring country, I bet you will never rise as a responsible country, right now your passport is at 4th from last and soon it will top the charts from the lowest.

Let us live with our terrorist PM, we Indians wish that he will keep on becoming PM for the decades to come

You've outclassed yourself in all your statements, that's why I'm reiterating that Education is important for a nation. Debate can be done with a person who is talking sense and all your statements are proving my education related statement.

If people like you remain in our neighbouring country, I bet you will never rise as a responsible country, right now your passport is at 4th from last and soon it will top the charts from the lowest.

Let us live with our terrorist PM, we Indians wish that he will keep on becoming PM for the decades to come

When you will spend a lot of time here you will learn to deal with this.

There are many sane and intellectual Pakistani people but it’s not fun debating with them because they sound just like regular Bharatiyas, they’re so intelligent and fair.

Regarding power hitting (apart from timing), it's actually the axial skeleton and being able to transfer the force from the gluteal muscles to the shoulders. You don't really need to be built like a pro wrestler to be a power hitter, just have a strong pelvis and practice the most to be able to transfer the force better.
Some players (tall ones) are able to generate more force without having that perfect weight transfer. Wiese is a good example of it.

Deadlifts, bulgarian split squats - basically hip hinge movements are the secret sauce.

Today's loss was totally mental game, just like how Pakistan has folded against India in all other world cup games due to mental strength missing in majority of high pressure games.

Being fit is certainly needed, but Rohit wouldn't be described as fit but this guy hits it like many of our batsmen can only dream of

He uses belly to stabilize the base. Inzamam was his analogue.

As I mentioned to another Indian who was making delusional claims, name me the sports with abundance of talent other than cricket in India? Is it Football? Swimming? Tennis? Golf? Volley? Olympics? Winter sports? etc, don't say kabbadi lol. Even sports like hockey is extremely rare among masses in sub continent.

Don't drag random statements and don't worry about my education. When you make a niave statement then be reasonable enough to defend it instead of shedding tears and wondering about someone else's education. Don't worry about our country, yes we have our version of issues and so do you, we are not an extremely delusional bunch like you. Regardless don't distract from the query, name me the sports with abundance of talent and show me how it's a norm to be athletic in India like the Bjaiji claimed. Brown ppl are lazy, and some Indians got hurt from this statement which is simply a fact about sub continent. We don't have households where parents take kids to get involved with various sports, it's slowly maybe being recognized but we know still lacks in massive majority so meat or veg diet have no play here.

That same flawed theory every day - you need physique, muscle & power to hit SIX. Yes, you need those to hit six from mistimed shots, edges and unorthodox reverse flicks.

To hit a six properly, you need timing, foot work to reach the ball & connect it on the rise (by physics, a projectile will travel longest if it’s released at 45 degree, so ideally at the point of contact with bat, a ball will travel longest if the entrée & exit trajectory crests a 90 degree angle with the bat), transfer of body weight (from lower trunk to upper trunk), bat swing & coordination of body swing with bat swing (batting is a side on game - while hitting a six, power combined from bat swing from back lift and body swing at waste line). These are batting skills, not power. Our Mushi is 5’3” (now 5’2” after losing hair) and 130kg max - he has like 170 international SIX, close to 100 in ODI - longest one being 107 metres.

Once again - SIX hitting is a batting skill based on technique, not from power. Obviously someone 6’3” and 200lbs will find it easier to hit a six over someone 5’2” & 130lbs with COMPARABLY equal batting skills.

Good post, but you missed one crucial word above, before timing, foot work, and technique, you need balance.

Most people do not understand how the centre of gravity of a player influences the balance of a player, which is fundamental to a players timing, foot work, and even technique. It is the centre of gravity that not only helps transfer the body weight, but assists liner momentum too - or the physics of the shot - the power, mass, and angle.

Some players are naturally gifted with the perfect centre of gravity with respect to a human body, Tendulkar being the prime example, or even Messi and Maradona who dribbled the balls with such ease because of their centre of gravity that they turned out to be the best, and while there is a correlation between shorter players have a better balance, taller players can compensate by adding mass and adjusting techniques to improve the transfer of weight.

Of course having the right centre of gravity is one thing, you still need the skill to pull off a shot.

He uses belly to stabilize the base. Inzamam was his analogue.
Rohit is much more gifted than Inzamam though. And also much fitter. Inzi gets a lot of praise for having time vs pace but there is no evidence from his numbers at least. He could smash medium pacers on a good day.

Rohit is now in the conversation as far as GOAT players against pace are concerned. Ponting/Viv level against genuine pace and especially against the short ball. Inzi can only do that in the dreams of his fans.

Rohit is much more gifted than Inzamam though. And also much fitter. Inzi gets a lot of praise for having time vs pace but there is no evidence from his numbers at least. He could smash medium pacers on a good day.

Rohit is now in the conversation as far as GOAT players against pace are concerned. Ponting/Viv level against genuine pace and especially against the short ball. Inzi can only do that in the dreams of his fans.

What a stupid comment. Rohit being a good batsman doesn't make Inzimam any less of one. I am one of the biggest critics of Inzimam as a leader because he is frankly, pretty thick, but you can't really argue with his batting pedigree.

What a stupid comment. Rohit being a good batsman doesn't make Inzimam any less of one. I am one of the biggest critics of Inzimam as a leader because he is frankly, pretty thick, but you can't really argue with his batting pedigree.
His batting against high pace is very overrated. I've seen precious few batsmen who could nail pull shots the way Rohit does and that too consistently and against good pace. If Inzi was so great against pace , his record in ODI's should reflect that especially against SA, AUS and WI(when they still had a quality pace attack).

He averages low 30's at 60 odd strike rate. That's not good even for the 90's.

Btw, fitness and posture are interlinked. Indians are up for battle, Pakistan too busy padding stats and easily overawed.

The manner with which Iyer imposed himself on the bowlers, they had no answers.

Disband the PCB or become an associate nation.

As I mentioned to another Indian who was making delusional claims, name me the sports with abundance of talent other than cricket in India? Is it Football? Swimming? Tennis? Golf? Volley? Olympics? Winter sports? etc, don't say kabbadi lol. Even sports like hockey is extremely rare among masses in sub continent.

Don't drag random statements and don't worry about my education. When you make a niave statement then be reasonable enough to defend it instead of shedding tears and wondering about someone else's education. Don't worry about our country, yes we have our version of issues and so do you, we are not an extremely delusional bunch like you. Regardless don't distract from the query, name me the sports with abundance of talent and show me how it's a norm to be athletic in India like the Bjaiji claimed. Brown ppl are lazy, and some Indians got hurt from this statement which is simply a fact about sub continent. We don't have households where parents take kids to get involved with various sports, it's slowly maybe being recognized but we know still lacks in massive majority so meat or veg diet have no play here.
You are correct that brown people are lazy and dont have that sports culture like US or Europe or Africans

Having said that there is growing interest in sports in India in recent years. Of course it takes decades to build a sporting culture & become a sporting giant like US or China. But there are green shoots in India. At least at continental level India is doing well in hockey, athletics, wrestling, boxing, shooting, archery.

Winning 100 medals at Asian Games is no mean feat but again its a start. Hopefully in the next 10-15 years India will become a decent sports power at the Olympics as well and start winning 30-40 medals consistently

He is correct. In the 90s South Africa & Australia has the best pace attacks & Inzamam's record against them is bang average. He was a terrific batsman in Asian conditions but not so great on hard bouncy pitches

Physical differences are overrated in cricket (barring basic fitness standards).

The main issue is game awareness and the ability to handle pressure. These are psychological/mental concerns that flare up in big-game situations for Pakistan.

It would help if our team put on some muscle but thread is over reaction.
Mental fitness side is definitely where our deficiencies are.

Once that improves ..fitness would naturally improve because it takes mental toughness to get fit and stay in shape too.

His batting against high pace is very overrated. I've seen precious few batsmen who could nail pull shots the way Rohit does and that too consistently and against good pace. If Inzi was so great against pace , his record in ODI's should reflect that especially against SA, AUS and WI(when they still had a quality pace attack).

He averages low 30's at 60 odd strike rate. That's not good even for the 90's.

Inzi's record is not as good as it should be because he found dumb ways to get out, he was a lazy cricketer who relied on a good eye and natural talent rather than technique. There was a running joke about how often he used to get run out. But on his days he could destroy any fast bowler, he was one of the better pullers and hookers in the Pakistan team.

He is correct. In the 90s South Africa & Australia has the best pace attacks & Inzamam's record against them is bang average. He was a terrific batsman in Asian conditions but not so great on hard bouncy pitches
He was bang average against SA & Aus in the test format even in Pakistan. Averages 32-33.

He has played around 100 matches against them at home and away in all formats with grand total of 1 ton.

You would need to ask the SA or Australian bowlers if they thought he was bang average, stats don't always tell the full story.

You would need to ask the SA or Australian bowlers if they thought he was bang average, stats don't always tell the full story.
Inzamam's legacy is like Dhoni. Very highly rated in Asia but not so much in SENA. Big reason is bcoz they both excelled in Asian conditions ( slow / flat pitches) but struggled on pace friendly conditions in SENA. U rarely hear an Australian or South African commentator rate Dhoni or Inzamam highly - unlike say Virat Kohli / Sachin / Wasim Akram

Only time Inzamam gets mentioned by non Asian commentators is to ridicule his comical running between wickets

No we are not. It’s all in the head. Our fit guys are as fit if not fitter than Indians.

But quite honestly cricket is not about massive physical fitness, stamina, muscles, power and physique. It’s about temperament and skill. It’s more than 50%
In the head. Steve Waugh was not immensely built. Shane Warne did not have 6pack abs. Pointing’s physique was the smallest compared to Hayden, Langer, Symonds, etc.

If it was wrestling, or a full contact sport, I could understand that concern but not in cricket.

Inzamam's legacy is like Dhoni. Very highly rated in Asia but not so much in SENA. Big reason is bcoz they both excelled in Asian conditions ( slow / flat pitches) but struggled on pace friendly conditions in SENA. U rarely hear an Australian or South African commentator rate Dhoni or Inzamam highly - unlike say Virat Kohli / Sachin / Wasim Akram

Only time Inzamam gets mentioned by non Asian commentators is to ridicule his comical running between wickets

He did get ridiculed for his running between the wickets, I already mentioned this myself in a previous post. But SENA commentators did consider him a prize wicket, on his day he could take apart any attack.

No we are not. It’s all in the head. Our fit guys are as fit if not fitter than Indians.

But quite honestly cricket is not about massive physical fitness, stamina, muscles, power and physique. It’s about temperament and skill. It’s more than 50%
In the head. Steve Waugh was not immensely built. Shane Warne did not have 6pack abs. Pointing’s physique was the smallest compared to Hayden, Langer, Symonds, etc.

If it was wrestling, or a full contact sport, I could understand that concern but not in cricket.
So what do you attribute Pakistan's lack of 6s down to ?.

Babar doesn't come close to clearing the boundary like his idol

I have heard plenty of times non Asian commentators praise his performance and talk about his talent and impact, most recently while they were talking about his breakthrough performance in the World Cup 92. I believe it was Simon o Doull talking about it.
Please stop uttering such garbage. Thank you.

Lack of intent and fear of failing. You don’t need muscles and power for sixes especially not someone with the talent of Babar.

Something related to physical stuff I guess - was watching the Hardik interview since there was much debate on it on the other thread (vid posted btw) but at one point there was a cake cutting event since it was Gambhir's birthday or something (didn't have the heart to include that here :rp).

Anyway, Pandya claimed cakes are banned in the Indian dressing room. Reminded me of a video I saw of Pakistan travelling from Hyd to Ahmedabad and the hotel had given them a sendoff cake. Not a bad ploy by the BCCI to fatten up the boys before a crucial game :rabada2

But honestly, I think this fitness thing is overrated mostly thanks to Kohli. Maybe he needs to follow his strict regimen because of his body makeup. But just look at Rohit's soaring belly, mostly evident during his pullshots (seems to have reduced this WC). He looks pretty fit running between wickets and also can last quite long in the middle. I've also heard Kohli talk how Hardik eats whatever he gets his hands on, but still remains slim.

I have heard plenty of times non Asian commentators praise his performance and talk about his talent and impact, most recently while they were talking about his breakthrough performance in the World Cup 92. I believe it was Simon o Doull talking about it.
Please stop uttering such garbage. Thank you.

I don't know what is these guys problem with saying a player is a great, it's not like we are trying to compare him favourably to Kohli or Sachin. Even when we say great, we are talking Pakistan standard of great which is a rung below the real greats. But he was still a proven match winner for Pakistan, and he could spank any attack on his day.

Lack of intent and fear of failing. You don’t need muscles and power for sixes especially not someone with the talent of Babar.
Yup, don’t understand this nonsense. Heard Afridi talk about “more meat eating” as India’s recent success to fast bowling.
The issue was intent. As an example,
Same Rizwan was hitting sixes with slog sweep and inside out shots. Didn’t even attempt it against Indian spinners.

Something related to physical stuff I guess - was watching the Hardik interview since there was much debate on it on the other thread (vid posted btw) but at one point there was a cake cutting event since it was Gambhir's birthday or something (didn't have the heart to include that here :rp).

Anyway, Pandya claimed cakes are banned in the Indian dressing room. Reminded me of a video I saw of Pakistan travelling from Hyd to Ahmedabad and the hotel had given them a sendoff cake. Not a bad ploy by the BCCI to fatten up the boys before a crucial game :rabada2

But honestly, I think this fitness thing is overrated mostly thanks to Kohli. Maybe he needs to follow his strict regimen because of his body makeup. But just look at Rohit's soaring belly, mostly evident during his pullshots (seems to have reduced this WC). He looks pretty fit running between wickets and also can last quite long in the middle. I've also heard Kohli talk how Hardik eats whatever he gets his hands on, but still remains slim.
The slim physique matters if you are in atheltics, soccer, etc and more muscle mass matters in full contact sports like football, rugby, MMA, boxing.

I don’t think anybody can get anymore efficient and professional at a sport than the Americans and the closest sports they have to cricket is baseball. You look at most baseball players and they don’t like proper slim trim athletes. Pitchers sometimes have beer bellies and so do hitters.

You just need to have the endurance to last a whole day in cricket basically. That and for fast bowlers their action and technique (should not be injury prone) is more important than any of the other fitness standards.

Nah, very little to do with height etc here. You need to time it and be in full control when playing lofted shots. Some have game for this and some don't. Yes, having muscle will help given everything else is same, but it's mostly about the having those shots and practicing it.

Back