Pakistani cricketers are physically inferior to Indians

Lack of skill against top class bowling sides and also being a bit fearful to get out.
I don’t think it’s the skill/practice issue. It’s the intent and the fear of losing.

Our board leadership changes more often than most people change tires on their cars. And every new leader bring his own favorites. Player can find themselves falling out of favor very very quickly. So they are always fearful of cementing their place in the team, rather than playing freely and for the team. This is the main issue behind our lack of intent. The fear of failure.

The slim physique matters if you are in atheltics, soccer, etc and more muscle mass matters in full contact sports like football, rugby, MMA, boxing.

I don’t think anybody can get anymore efficient and professional at a sport than the Americans and the closest sports they have to cricket is baseball. You look at most baseball players and they don’t like proper slim trim athletes. Pitchers sometimes have beer bellies and so do hitters.

You just need to have the endurance to last a whole day in cricket basically. That and for fast bowlers their action and technique (should not be injury prone) is more important than any of the other fitness standards.
Baseball actually had a major steroid crisis bcoz everyone was trying to bulk up to increase up their striking range. Thats why Barry Bonds & Alex Rodriguez have a tarnished legacy

Chappell: " They've got two powerful men at the crease, both similar height"..

The state of Pakistan has definitely impacted its players. These two were big characters who won that tournament

Akram & Inzi 92

The state of Pakistan has definitely impacted its players. These two were big characters who won that tournament

Akram & Inzi 92
What is source of this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Akram & Inzi 92

Problem is we are finding the big guys from far flung villages in KPK and they are very low IQ so they become one dimensional players.

That’s nothing to celebrate because Pakistan is no measuring stick in sports. They are average in cricket, below mediocre in hockey and extremely pathetic in Olympic sports. Frankly speaking, many Asian nations other than Bharat have athletes better built than chubby unfit Pakistani sportsmen.

As for Bharat, we too have a long long way to go in achieving even better physical shape and athleticism at par with Western nations athletes or some of the finest global south nations in sports.

Whilst I do agree Pakistan are no measuring sticks in sport, neither are India. For all the cricket fanatics and resources India has they've had ltd success when you compare that to Australia who have a mere population of 25 million lol

Football mediocre
Boxing mediocre
Tennis mediocre

In general mediocre in most sports, lol

Players seem to be from malnourished backgrounds and the average height seem to have decreased.

Only some players from KPK region stand out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Problem is we are finding the big guys from far flung villages in KPK and they are very low IQ so they become one dimensional players.
That's pace bowling breadbasket.

Gul was Goat before injuries and Naseem also been curtailed.

Sami and Rauf not from KPK, not were WW

That same flawed theory every day - you need physique, muscle & power to hit SIX. Yes, you need those to hit six from mistimed shots, edges and unorthodox reverse flicks.

To hit a six properly, you need timing, foot work to reach the ball & connect it on the rise (by physics, a projectile will travel longest if it’s released at 45 degree, so ideally at the point of contact with bat, a ball will travel longest if the entrée & exit trajectory crests a 90 degree angle with the bat), transfer of body weight (from lower trunk to upper trunk), bat swing & coordination of body swing with bat swing (batting is a side on game - while hitting a six, power combined from bat swing from back lift and body swing at waste line). These are batting skills, not power. Our Mushi is 5’3” (now 5’2” after losing hair) and 130kg max - he has like 170 international SIX, close to 100 in ODI - longest one being 107 metres.

Once again - SIX hitting is a batting skill based on technique, not from power. Obviously someone 6’3” and 200lbs will find it easier to hit a six over someone 5’2” & 130lbs with COMPARABLY equal batting skills
That same flawed theory every day - you need physique, muscle & power to hit SIX. Yes, you need those to hit six from mistimed shots, edges and unorthodox reverse flicks.

To hit a six properly, you need timing, foot work to reach the ball & connect it on the rise (by physics, a projectile will travel longest if it’s released at 45 degree, so ideally at the point of contact with bat, a ball will travel longest if the entrée & exit trajectory crests a 90 degree angle with the bat), transfer of body weight (from lower trunk to upper trunk), bat swing & coordination of body swing with bat swing (batting is a side on game - while hitting a six, power combined from bat swing from back lift and body swing at waste line). These are batting skills, not power. Our Mushi is 5’3” (now 5’2” after losing hair) and 130kg max - he has like 170 international SIX, close to 100 in ODI - longest one being 107 metres.

Once again - SIX hitting is a batting skill based on technique, not from power. Obviously someone 6’3” and 200lbs will find it easier to hit a six over someone 5’2” & 130lbs with COMPARABLY equal batting skills.
I believe the PAK innings against India is only innings so far in this WC without a SIX. Now, that’s not for muscles power for sure. Whoever is PAK batting coach, needs to rethink their skill training strategy. Smaller boundaries, two balls, modern bat…. SIX hitting should not be that rare these days.

Yuvraj Singh about the fitness of Pakistani players:

"The Australian guys have always been very fit. South African team has been fit. Kiwi guys very fit. When we lost Champions Trophy to Pakistan in 2017, that Pakistani team was very fit,"​

Pakistani players, as it seems, lack discipline when it comes to maintaining their fitness. For goodness' sake, they are professional international cricketers, and it is their duty to manage their weight and fitness. It's disheartening to see players like Babar, Imad, Imam, and even Haris with belly fat. Having excess belly fat is unacceptable at such a high level of play.

I've always admired the fitness and dedication of Younis Khan and Shoaib Malik from the days when we had unfit players like Inzamam, Mohammad Yousuf, Shahid Afridi, and Naved-ul-Hasan. Both Younis and Malik maintained their bodies efficiently throughout their careers

Pakistani players, as it seems, lack discipline when it comes to maintaining their fitness. For goodness' sake, they are professional international cricketers, and it is their duty to manage their weight and fitness. It's disheartening to see players like Babar, Imad, Imam, and even Haris with belly fat. Having excess belly fat is unacceptable at such a high level of play.

I've always admired the fitness and dedication of Younis Khan and Shoaib Malik from the days when we had unfit players like Inzamam, Mohammad Yousuf, Shahid Afridi, and Naved-ul-Hasan. Both Younis and Malik maintained their bodies efficiently throughout their careers

He may've not always been in perfect shape but fitness wise, he was one of the fittest players in the team.

Rohit Sharma is borderline obese yet one of the greatest ODI openers in the modern era. More than physicality, Pakistani batsmen lack the really elite skills.

He may've not always been in perfect shape but fitness wise, he was one of the fittest players in the team.
I believe you may be imagining his ball eating skills. However, he was not a physically fit player during his most part of his career. His stints at the crease were so brief that assessing his fitness was nearly impossible, and he displayed signs of inadequate fitness in his bowling on numerous occasions.

Rohit Sharma is borderline obese yet one of the greatest ODI openers in the modern era. More than physicality, Pakistani batsmen lack the really elite skills.
Yes, but this breed of indian cricketers uses their brain well.

Yes, but this breed of indian cricketers uses their brain well.
That’s because Indians have built a solid cricket structure that develops all the facets of the game. More than anything, Pakistani batsmen lack the modern batting skills that make Indian batsmen great - particularly power hitting.

Fitness matters. But physical traits don't matter as much as we think. Malinga was short. Bumrah is short. Even that Nadeem guy looks more imposing than Chopra in javelin. It's technique and mental strength that matter the most

Anyone watched eyeshield 21 anime? It’s about American football and protagonist is running back who is lean and short.

Come on! What you should say is he does not look physically like modern day fit players do. His physique is more like those 90's cricketers.

Fitness is good for playing long innings purely through strike rotation. ON that score apart from Rohit everyone else is fit. Gill, Kohli, Rahul, Iyer all of them are athletic.

Indian players bar Rohit and Yadav have World class fitness atleast on TV they look superfit don't know about actual results

Indian players bar Rohit and Yadav have World class fitness atleast on TV they look superfit don't know about actual results
They are Kohli Bumrah Jadeja Siraj Gill everyone is fit.

Sharma and Kuldeep alone are unfit but Siraj is our worst fielder.

It is simply not possible that you would harm yourself by becoming more fit. Our players are far away from the Inzimam level of unfit physique but they could do a little better when on tour and before important tourneys.

Total ban on cakes and biryanis. These kind of foods can do so much damage to your system with just one serving.

Statement of the OP is a no contest when we're still ordering Hyderbadi Biryani.

With such heavy protein intake I don't think Pakistani cricketers would be inferior to Indians.

It's nothing to with physical issues for Pakistan players, it's just that are not simply good enough

Most of the Indian lot are skinny as well. Bumrah and Siraj are absolute twigs and none of their bowlers are above average height either. However, I do agree the Indian team are far fitter.

Both sides have very few natural athletes though, we have Rizwan, Hasan and Wasim Jr and India have Jadeja and Pandya. Can't think of anyone else that strikes me as an above average athlete.

Most of the Indian lot are skinny as well. Bumrah and Siraj are absolute twigs and none of their bowlers are above average height either. However, I do agree the Indian team are far fitter.

Both sides have very few natural athletes though, we have Rizwan, Hasan and Wasim Jr and India have Jadeja and Pandya. Can't think of anyone else that strikes me as an above average athlete.
Rizwan ???

He starts dancing like a clown with cramps after batting half an hour !

Cramps are a part of the game bro. Sometimes it does feels like a comedy but most of the times it is serious.

Actually, our players are not taking care of their diet, which is necessary for athletes. They are still not aware of athletic nutrition and eat normal food as everyday people do.

Cramps are a part of the game bro. Sometimes it does feels like a comedy but most of the times it is serious.
But Rizzi gets cramps every time he crosses 50 run mark. Then he has to lie down on the grass, stretch, drink fluids with his helmet off. All very familiar scenes.

Indian and Pakistani cricketers are pretty much from the same stock. It is clearly down to the lack of discipline and work ethic on Pakistani players part to be less fitter than Indians.
I will add Bangladesh and Srilankan players too to the list. All of them are very similar.

Actually, our players are not taking care of their diet, which is necessary for athletes. They are still not aware of athletic nutrition and eat normal food as everyday people do.
Eating curries and burgers are normal.

I think alot of Asian players don't know about dietary requirements and the benefits.

Give them biryani they will eat it all day.

On a lighter note - its funny how narratives changed on this forum

10 years back there used to be threads on how Indians are physically weak bcoz they don't eat beef & hence cannot bowl fast

Now we are discussing whether Pakistanis are physically inferior to Indians !

ps : Both narratives were fundamentally flawed. Its more about healthy diet & fitness than genetics or beef or paneer

I don't buy this argument Pakistan bowler not inferior to India physically. Look at Irfan, Sohail Khan, Shahid Afridi, Misbah etc. The difference is in the performances only

On a lighter note - its funny how narratives changed on this forum

10 years back there used to be threads on how Indians are physically weak bcoz they don't eat beef & hence cannot bowl fast

Now we are discussing whether Pakistanis are physically inferior to Indians !

ps : Both narratives were fundamentally flawed. Its more about healthy diet & fitness than genetics or beef or paneer
I think alot of Asian players don't know about dietary requirements and the benefits.

Give them biryani they will eat it all day.
This.

It was partially tongue-in-cheek but Indians fitness is craazy. Pakistanis still relying on perceived talunt

You don’t think Kohli is an above average athlete?
And Siraj and Bumrah are far from a twig, come on bro!

Rubbish. Both can be extremely strong or well built. Its all to do with your upbringing, terrain you live in, quality of food you have access to and if you are exposed to any physical labour work at an early age.

Poor diet and improper training is the reason why we are struggling.

Don't think shoaib bhai used to eat biryani all day.

Kohli is fit, but he doesn’t strike me as a particularly impressive athlete. He’s slightly above average at best.

Bumrah and Siraj are objectively skinny. I’ve seen Bumrah barely dumbbell bench pressing 25 kg in Aus with my own eyes.

From my interactions with Pakistanis - they seem to have a belief that being hefty / bulky is better than being lean & slim. Its seems to be cultural thing in Pakistan

In India there is preference for reed like / wiry physique like Bumrah / Siraj / Arshdeep / Ishant

Kohli is fit, but he doesn’t strike me as a particularly impressive athlete. He’s slightly above average at best.

Bumrah and Siraj are objectively skinny. I’ve seen Bumrah barely dumbbell bench pressing 25 kg in Aus with my own eyes.
You are confusing being an athlete with having a ripped physique. You’ll see plenty of bodybuilders who are not athletes and vice versa. Kohli, Du Plessis, Glenn Phillips, Daryll Mitchell, Shoaib Malik, even Shadab Khan are all top level athletes without being excessively muscular in their build.
Athletic doesn’t equate to having a great muscular body, it’s having a great balance of muscle mass versus body fat that allows them to be strong and nimble at the same time.
And of course, you are fully entitled to your opinion if you don’t agree and I respect that.

Pakistan players are inferior to Indians in terms of physical and mental fitness. They are timid and cannot take pressure. It does not matter if they are bulky or lean. Pakistan players can never match the mentality and fitness of other teams like India or Australia.

Back