Pakistani Movies

I used to watch Bollywood movies as a kid, they were quite suitable for that age group at the time. Pakistani movies I've seen I can count on one hand. Not really interested in any of these, but I may well watch the Legend of Maula Jatt if it's ever released. The originals were a hoot, and the trailer for the remake looks good to be honest.

[MENTION=143123]Poseidon[/MENTION],

never mind all these Bollywood wannabes, where is Legend of Maula Jatt?

Get it on the page.

[MENTION=143123]Poseidon[/MENTION],

never mind all these Bollywood wannabes, where is Legend of Maula Jatt?

Get it on the page.

bro, Legend of Maula jatt is delayed due to lawsuit against it, rumors are it might be released on Netflix in 2020.

That film has probably been in the making for over 5 years.

What lawsuit has there been against it?

it was set to released on last Eid.
i think the lawsuit against copyright of the name of maula jatt and both characters name in the film.

it was set to released on last Eid.
i think the lawsuit against copyright of the name of maula jatt and both characters name in the film.

Makes sense. Pakistani cinema don't know how to produce quality movies, but they know how to stop them.

I used to watch Bollywood movies as a kid, they were quite suitable for that age group at the time. Pakistani movies I've seen I can count on one hand. Not really interested in any of these, but I may well watch the Legend of Maula Jatt if it's ever released. The originals were a hoot, and the trailer for the remake looks good to be honest.

I watch Pakistani movies what kind you are looking for?
Patriotic - Waar
Social/Liberal- Cake,Josh, Khuda Ke liye
Comedy- Actor in law, Na Maloom Afraad
Drama/Comedy(Bollywoodish)- Punjab Nahi Jaungi

Patriotic - Waar

I tried to watch Waar and thought it was horrible. After that I swore off them for good. But having seen the trailer for Legend of Maula Jatt I was making plans to watch that one, but looks like it will have to be on Netflix.

Thanks for the suggestions though, but whether Bolly or Lolly, I am really only interested in those films which get recognition outside of the Pakistan/India, they tend to be the ones which are real quality.

I tried to watch Waar and thought it was horrible. After that I swore off them for good. But having seen the trailer for Legend of Maula Jatt I was making plans to watch that one, but looks like it will have to be on Netflix.

Thanks for the suggestions though, but whether Bolly or Lolly, I am really only interested in those films which get recognition outside of the Pakistan/India, they tend to be the ones which are real quality.

Hmm, I think you have different expectations, I thought Waar was decent but again I give leeway considering the tech and market available.
Khuda Ke liye is excellent and Cake too if you can Take Liberal agenda.

Yes Maula Jatt ll probably be a netflix one coz issues.

Outside recognition which many Bollywood movies get but they actually flop off, many producers are even scared to put those awards(as movies release in film festivals before) in promotions of movies because then it gets indie art film tag, things are changing though but still I don’t see movies advertising that unless they are targeting that niche audience.

That film has probably been in the making for over 5 years.

What lawsuit has there been against it?

Makes sense. Pakistani cinema don't know how to produce quality movies, but they know how to stop them.

Patriotic - Waar

"Shah" , biography of boxer Hussain Shah, is a good movie.

Jawani phir nahi aani I and II are the best.

2 wasn't that good.
[MENTION=139386]Jin Chacha[/MENTION]

Try to watch Maalik.

Most of our movies still appear like drama's. We lack star quality, drama actors working in films as well is not right. The appearance of the movies is much better then what we had years back which is a positive thing. Looking forward to soon to be released "Sacch" filmed on Glasgow, Scotland:sarf2

"Kaaf Kangana" that I views some days back was okay. It had an Indo-Pak love story with the Kashmir angle thrown is as well. Not brilliant but watchable. Old Bollywood movies are still the best of all, new ones I hate them! I am still a Big B fan!

You have missed many gems of 60s, 70s and early 80s. Many of Nadeem good movies have been copied with Bollywood stars Rajesh Khanna and Mithun C.

Waar is horrendous. Our "action" and "comedy" movies are really cheesy, as are the movies trying to be hip and cool.

Watch Khuda Ke Liye, Bol, Manto and Shah. They are world class and will not offend your refined sensibilities.

As for Maula Jatt, I can't wait either, especially after such a great trailer.

Waar is horrendous. Our "action" and "comedy" movies are really cheesy, as are the movies trying to be hip and cool.

Watch Khuda Ke Liye, Bol, Manto and Shah. They are world class and will not offend your refined sensibilities.

As for Maula Jatt, I can't wait either, especially after such a great trailer.

Rewatched Khuda Ke Liye after 12 years and it certainly hasn't aged well at all. Sadly cannot recommend it anymore. However I did rewatch Bol last year and have already watched Shah 3 times so I can in good conscience endorse them.

Jawani Phir nahi ani Part 1

Lol from 2:03 writer just made a cocktail of the Faiz ahmed faiz , Javed hashmi and Surf excel ad in one line. :))) :))) :)))

Last Pak movie I watched was Sherdil :afridi I've seen Waar also. The visuals seem a lot better these days but the stories and plot seem to be all over the place which was the case with Bin Roye and Sherdil.

Only watched "khuda ke liye" so far I think two years ago.
Next interested in "bol" from same director.

Fawad Khan, Mahira Khan in ‘The Legend of Maula Jatt’: Release Date, Poster Revealed for Big-Budget Pakistan Film

Bilal Lashari’s much awaited Pakistani magnum opus “The Legend of Maula Jatt” has set an October release date and unveiled a new poster.

Featuring immensely popular stars Fawad Khan (“Ms. Marvel”) as Maula Jatt and Mahira Khan (“Superstar”) as Mukkho, the Punjabi-language film is a reboot of Yunus Malik’s 1979 cult classic “Maula Jatt.”

The cast for the film, which is one of the biggest budgeted in the history of Pakistani cinema, also includes Hamza Ali Abbasi as Noori Natt, Humaima Malik as Daro, Faris Shafi as Mooda and Gohar Rasheed as Makha.

The film focuses on the legendary rivalry between local hero Maula Jatt and Noori Natt, the leader of a brutal gang. Lashari, whose debut feature “Waar” (2013) broke box office records in Pakistan, has reimagined the story for a global audience.

“The Legend of Maula Jatt” is produced by Ammara Hikmat’s Encyclomedia and Lashari Films. In Pakistan, the producers have engaged top cinema and distribution strategist Nadeem Mandvivalla, who will distribute the film via his Mandviwalla Entertainment. The film will release on Oct. 13, 2022, and is being distributed by Pranab Kapadia of Moviegoers Entertainment in overseas markets.

Mandvivalla said: “It is our immense pleasure to become a part of the most ambitious project from Pakistan, ‘The Legend of Maula Jatt,’ an Encyclomedia and Lashari Films production. Releasing the spectacular ‘The Legend Of Maula Jatt’ is not only going to be challenging but is also perceived to create a milestone in the history of Pakistani cinema.”

Fawad Khan said: “It gives me immense pleasure and is an honor to play the role of the legendry Maula Jatt. It was an absolute joy working with the team. I wish us all the very best of luck to all and I hope the audience enjoys it as much as I enjoyed during the making.”

Mahira Khan said: “No matter what project I promote I’m asked about ‘The Legend Of Maula Jatt.’ This was a unique experience for me as an actor, learning to act in a language that I don’t know specifically was a challenge that I enjoyed. I believe that great things happen when hard work and patience are combined.”

Lashari said: “A ten-year journey of creating an impossible film will conclude this October in a cinema near you.”

Hikmat added: “I hope this film proves to be one of those history-defining moments for South Asian cinema that it deserves.”

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/fawad-khan-mahira-khan-the-legend-of-maula-jatt-1235337676/

About time, took forever, hopefully releases later in Netflix.

Good news for all the 2d animation nerds out there(me), Pakistan's first hand-drawn animated movie, "The Glassworker", is slated for release this summer. The film will be distributed by the same company behind the distribution of "The Legend of Maula Jatt".

Screenshot 2024-03-29 235644.png

Screenshot 2024-03-29 235549.png

Yeah the cinematography was on the next level... after watching the trailer I never recognized that this film was made in Pakistan.

From what I recall, it was pretty good. It's a shame it hasn't been released on streaming or digital yet. It could have made a lot more money if it were. I wonder what the hold-up is.

From what I recall, it was pretty good. It's a shame it hasn't been released on streaming or digital yet. It could have made a lot more money if it were. I wonder what the hold-up is.
They should sell it to Netflix now.

The Glassworker's official poster

435226046_18430459510042082_7295303346186610452_n.jpg

This movie will be released in the Summer of this year, with the official trailer expected before May.

I don't think Pakistan created this animated film.

From their official site; "‘The Glassworker’ is a 2D animated feature film directed by Usman Riaz. It is the first original feature by Mano Animation Studios and the first hand-drawn animated production from Pakistan."

Why would I even consider sharing the trailer in a thread labeled "Pakistani movies" if the film wasn't made in Pakistan?

Back