PakPassion at the Gold Coast | Australia U-19s v Pakistan U-19s | 1st ODI | 29/07/12

What a way to end the inning - Ball went through to the keeper after a play and miss. The keeper attempts to runout the batsmen at the striking end who has stepped out a bit. Ball misses the stumps and rolls towards the non-striking end wickets. The non-striker is a bit casual and not watching the ball as it comes back and hits his wicker - OUT - Run out!
187 all out. Great bowling and fielding effort from Pakistan!

Thanks SoSami for putting the pics up. More coming soon.

We've got Babar Azam and Sami Aslam batting out in the middle. Careful start so far ... 0-3 in the 3rd over.

Australia have got what looks like a big and tall Sri Lankan bowler as an opener. Looks good in the two overs he's bowled so far.

I think that's Ul Haq going out in the middle. Nicely driven for a couple first ball he's faced.

You can see this level of cricketers find it much harder to find the gaps. Plenty of ball hitting bat, but not finding the gaps.

Pretty slow star. In the eleventh over Pak are 1-24. Still the opening quicks operating from both ends for Aus.

Pretty slow star. In the eleventh over Pak are 1-24. Still the opening quicks operating from both ends for Aus.

They perhaps want to see out the strike bowlers and get after the bowling.
RR is not too much anyway but they need to plan to be around 100 by the 30th over.

Apparently this is around a 240 odd wicket so Pak well placed with wickets in hand.

They perhaps want to see out the strike bowlers and get after the bowling.
RR is not too much anyway but they need to plan to be around 100 by the 30th over.

That's exactly how they need to look at it and with Babar Azam they have a player with a cool head. They're starting to run harder now, some 2s there.

First change by the Aussies too. Another big quick - Harry Conway!

Thats the drinks break. 1-39 after 15 overs. Can't recall a single boundary, but these two are running well between the wickets. Pakistan just needs to keep wickets in hand.

Message at the drinks break must have been to up the ante. Boundary first ball after drinks. Hit over cover by Ul Haq.

Wanted to see Aslam continue and do well but this might be good for Pakistan as it gives other batsmen time in the middle.

A few more shots over the infield now. Both batsmen looking set, and scoring more freely now. Aussies looking a bit frustrated. Ul-Haq hits it back to the bowler Conway and he throws it back at him, almost taking his head off - apology from the bowler.

Some more attack from Imam-ul-Haq. Hits Jack Wildermuth over gully for a boundary! Pak 1-60 in the 19th over.

Big edge by Babar Azam off Conway's bowling and the keeper Jimmy Pierson dives to his right but can't hold on. Opportunity missed by the Aussies to get the Pak captain.

And another chance, this time Imam-Ul-Haq hit it to a fielder at short cover, runs almost half way down the pitch but no response from his captain who sends him back. Rushes back and a poor throw and fumble from the keeper gets him in easily in the end.

Eventful over, and the Aussies had opportunities to have both Pak batsmen.

Imam-Ul-Haq continues to be the aggressor. Open up and hits Convway over his head for 3 runs. Score moving along now.

Indian origin quick Gurinder Sadhu is back and he entices an edge from Imam-Ul-Haq. No slips, so that's four runs. 1-80 in the 25th over.

Other than a couple of mixups, these two have run superbly between the wickets, turning 1s into 2s and 2s into 3rs. Just another example now with Imam-Ul-Haq diving to complete his second run after hitting it to deep square leg. Something the seniors could learn from...

Yes he was injured during the England series.Aussies might as well be saving him for T20 WC...

But I don't know if he's qualify for the U19 WC as he's already played a test match for Australia. I don't know the rules, but I believe you cannot qualify if you have played for the national side.

But I don't know if he's qualify for the U19 WC as he's already played a test match for Australia. I don't know the rules, but I believe you cannot qualify if you have played for the national side.

I'm not sure about Tests but I know Ahmad Shehzad played in the U19 WC after playing ODIs for the national team.

Other than a couple of mixups, these two have run superbly between the wickets, turning 1s into 2s and 2s into 3rs. Just another example now with Imam-Ul-Haq diving to complete his second run after hitting it to deep square leg. Something the seniors could learn from...

You know what,I believe this team can beat even our senior team.They are nothing,just a bunch of oldies making barriors for the youngsters to get in.And guess what, our selectors are behind experience.Hell to the experience that can't perform.

Finally seeing some Pakistani families trickling in. Not very well publicized this event in the Gold Coast so understandable.

Right on the boundary line are a couple of Aussie players and the two coaches - Stuart Law and Craig McDermott. Two Queensland and Australian greats of the past. Also seen Greg Chappel doing the rounds.

Short one from Sadhu and Babar Azam pulls it for a boundary. Pakistan is 2-99 in the 30th over. Moving along according to plan so far.

What is the score and how much has Babar scored????
Hard to know what personal scores are as its just a simple scorecard with the score and overs.

A wide from Sadhu brings up the 100 for Pakistan. For the loss of just one run. Followed by a nice cut shot from Babar Azam through the gap for another 4. Then a clip off his legs for another 3. 2-107 after 30 overs. Motoring along now to the total. Sadhu looks exhausted.

I would say Babar is pretty close to the fifty if he hasn't already passed it.

Surprised to see Sadhu is going to continue. Went for plenty in his last over.

^
What is is his style of playing.How his style looks.Does he play good proper shots or cross-bat shots?

Should be interesting, how strong are the Aus U19 players?

Not bad, but not great.

This year:

One loss and one win against Indian + beaten by England + 2 wins against NZ.

Should be interesting. The Gold Coast is a very nice place to play/watch cricket too..

gold-coast.jpg

^
What is is his style of playing.How his style looks.Does he play good proper shots or cross-bat shots?

Very correct batsmen. Looks to play with the full face of the bat. Definitely a good prospect for the future.

Babar showing his class here, just like Genghis brother who is bringing us exclusive updates and pics.

The dismissal of Sami, was that because of the bounce or simply a poor shot?

Last edited:
Sorry guys have to make tracks now for Iftar. Enjoyed bringing you this game. As a final update - score is 2-141 in the 36th over.

Will try to cover a few games. And there are more pics which will be coming soon.

Pakistan u19 won by six wickets.

They chased The score down with 4 overs to spare.

Good to see that when Sami Aslam fails then it was others who took The responsibility to take us home, the captain Babar Azam leading The way with a Knock of 79.

Imam ul Haq and Umar Waheed also chipping in with some valuable runs.

Bowlers did a good job earlier on with Nawaz taking 3 wickets, and also wickets to Ehsan, Usman, Zafar and Azizullah.

When our best bowler in Zia going wicketless and probably our best rungetter failing, we still won The match comprehensively. That is a good sign.

I am a bit worried about Zia though, he didn't bowl that well in Asia Cup either, but maybe he is coming back from an injury as he missed many matches in Asia Cup. For noe let's be happy for the victory.

And many thanks to brother Genghis for keeping us updated.

1st Youth ODI - Australia Under-19s v Pakistan Under-19s

Kerrydale Oval, Gold Coast

29 July 2012 (50-over match)

Result: Pakistan Under-19s won by 6 wickets

Series: Pakistan Under-19s leads the 3-match series 1-0

Toss: Pakistan Under-19s

Umpires: GL Davidson and P Wilson

Match referee: RW Stratford

Players per side: 12 (11 bat, 11 field).

Player of the match: Babar Azam

HTML:
Australia Under-19s innings (50 overs maximum)             R   B  4 6

C Bancroft            c Saad Ali         b Azizullah      20  33  1 0

+JJ Peirson                              b Ehsan Adil     10  24  1 0

KR Patterson                             b Usman Qadir    83  98  7 1

MJ Buchanan           c Imam-ul-Haq      b Ehsan Adil     15  26  2 0

*W Bosisto            lbw                b Zafar Gohar    24  53  0 0

TM Head               c Salman Afridi    b Mohammad Nawaz  3   8  0 0

NG Stevens            lbw                b Mohammad Nawaz  2   6  0 0

A Turner              run out (Sami Aslam)                 7  10  0 0

JD Wildermuth         c Saad Ali         b Mohammad Nawaz  3   8  0 0

J Paris               run out (Saad Ali)                   8  10  0 0

G Sandhu              not out                              0   6  0 0

Extras                (b 2, lb 4, w 5, nb 1)              12

Total                 (all out, 46.5 overs)              187

DNB: HNA Conway.

FoW: 1-26 (Bancroft, 7.3 ov), 2-35 (Peirson, 11.3 ov),

3-60 (Buchanan, 17.6 ov), 4-127 (Bosisto, 34.2 ov),

5-132 (Head, 35.6 ov), 6-143 (Stevens, 37.4 ov),

7-164 (Turner, 40.5 ov), 8-177 (Wildermuth, 43.3 ov),

9-184 (Patterson, 45.3 ov), 10-187 (Paris, 46.5 ov).

Bowling                      O      M      R      W

Zia-ul-Haq                   6      0     30      0

Azizullah                    6.5    0     19      1 (1w)

Zafar Gohar                  8      0     31      1 (1nb)

Ehsan Adil                   7      1     23      2 (1w)

Usman Qadir                  9      0     42      1

Mohammad Nawaz              10      0     36      3 (3w)

Pakistan Under-19s innings (target: 188 runs from 50 overs)   R   B  4 6

Sami Aslam            c Peirson          b Paris              5  15  0 0

*Babar Azam           c Peirson          b Paris             79 121  5 0

Imam-ul-Haq           c Bancroft         b Sandhu            39  69  3 0

Umar Waheed           not out                                34  53  1 0

Saad Ali              c Bancroft         b Buchanan          11  12  2 0

Mohammad Nawaz        not out                                 6   8  1 0

Extras                (lb 4, w 11, nb 1)                     16

Total                 (4 wickets, 46 overs)                 190

DNB: +Salman Afridi, Usman Qadir, Azizullah, Zafar Gohar,

Ehsan Adil, Zia-ul-Haq.

FoW: 1-7 (Sami Aslam, 4.3 ov), 2-87 (Imam-ul-Haq, 26.5 ov),

3-167 (Babar Azam, 40.3 ov), 4-180 (Saad Ali, 43.6 ov).

Bowling                      O      M      R      W

Paris                       10      0     30      2 (1nb)

Sandhu                       9      1     41      1 (4w)

Wildermuth                   6      0     21      0 (2w)

Conway                       8      1     31      0 (2w)

Turner                       9      0     42      0 (2w)

Buchanan                     4      0     21      1 (1w)

Scorecard from today's game.

I'm getting a little worried about Zia ul Haq; he hasnt really been performing that much of late. Not just this performance but asides from that 5-for vs the Wolves, I havent seen a scorecard for a match where he stood out.

He's only 17 years though, so I suppose it's too early to criticize. Perhaps I'm wrong in comparing him with Amir who was dominating the circuits from the get-go.

it looks to me more like lahore team than pakistan team, 99% are from punjab, 90% team from lahore

unbelievable, i mean does PCB exist outside lahore, i dont think so

congrats for the victory anyway

we seriously need to think pakistan exists outside lahore, and punjab and make a national team in real terms

there is no player from a population of 20+ million karachi and which has the most number of cricket academies

Last edited:
Good to see we still continue to have sucsess at under 19 level and looks like we may have a few more star young players that one day we could see at international level.

Back