PakPassion at the Gold Coast | Australia U-19s v Pakistan U-19s | 1st ODI | 29/07/12

IAJ

T20I Star
Runs
Post of the Week
PakPassion's very own Ghengis is reporting live from the ground. Also follow his updates on twitter @PakPassion.

This is first of the 3 matches to be played in the series. First match allways expected to be tough for Pakistan u19s as the conditions will be unfamiliar.

But Pakistan played well in SA so I hope they can win this series and go in to the WC full of confidience.

I don't know if the matches in this series will be telecasted but cricinfo will provide live scorecard.

I know there are still some 9 hrs till the match starts but I am already looking forward to see the performances of Sami Aslam, Babar Azam, Zia ul Haq, Umar Waheed, Mohammad Nawaz, Ehsan Adil, Usman Qadir and the rest of the boys.

Imam Ul Haq is also a fine prospect.

Good luck to the youngster beauties!:waqar

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope it will be televised. Any one know if it will be? & are you sure it will be covered live by Cricinfo?

good luck to the lads .
would be keeping a keen eye on how sami aslam , umar waheed and zia ul haq go in particular .

Good talented bunch of cricketers.I will be looking forwards towards every player.No one is the weak link of team.Every player has his role to play.I hope every player contributes to the team and defeat Aussies.Hope they excell here too.Wish them best of luck.....

inzi's nephew

571330.html

Left handed 16 year old from Lahore. Wears glasses. Scored 3 consecutive half centuries before his last knock. Talented kid.

I'm older than him. And he looks older than me :farhat

Same i am two years older than this guy but he definitely looks older than me. But some people do look old for their age i guess he is one of them :ahmed

Last edited:
There's the first wicket for Pak. Edged and taken by first slip. Unfortunately no scoreboard so hard to tell the bowler or batsmen.

There's the first wicket for Pak. Edged and taken by first slip. Unfortunately no scoreboard so hard to tell the bowler or batsmen.

Great, thanks. Must be fun to watch this match. Keep us updated pls

You are humanity's final hope Genghis.. Keep providing us with updates..

Sorry for disappearing for a while. I was talking to Sabih Azhar the U19 coach.

First wicket was Azizullah as it was confirmed by Sabih. He bowled well.

Second wicket fell too. Clean bowled.

Sorry for disappearing for a while. I was talking to Sabih Azhar the U19 coach.

How was his reaction about the performance so far? And what is the latest score?

2 wickets for Ahsan Adil and one for Azizullah.

Usman Qadir bowling very well from the other end. Big shout for lbw knocked back.

Aus 3-65 after 21 overs.

Usman Qadir is keeping it very tight. Batsmen struggling to score freely off him. They are trying to go after Ahsan Adil at the other end.

Been very impressed with the young boys fielding. Diving all over the place. Gully saved a certain FOUR with that dive.

Actually correction on the scoreboard now - score is 3-89 after 27 overs.

Usman Qadir could be a brilliant replacement for Afridi in the near future, good leggie and can hit out with the bat as well

Here is a breakdown of what coach Sabih had to say.

- Most of the boys have been fasting up till today. Only the coaching staff and manager is fasting today.
- So far the boys haven't been doing much other than practice. No sightseeing yet, just a trip to the Gold Coast mosque for Jummah.
- Sabih thinks the spinners will be the key in todays game. He feels the Aussie are not as confident against the spinners as compared to the quicks.
- The game today is a 12 man game.
- This series is more a friendly warm-up to help prepare for the World Cup. All the boys will be given a chance.
- He's happy with their start.

Sehri time here in Norway now. Thanks for the update so far.

Here's something you don't see very often. Ball hit for a boundary, one bounce and into the bushes. Took them a while to find it. A bigger hit and they won't.

Now a wicket to Nawaz. Fine edge through to the keeper. Big appeal and the umpire agrees - 5-134. Pak tightening the screws.

This time a big Six over square leg. And that ball is lost in the bush. Ball replaced.

Big appeal for lbw and Nawaz has another wicket. 6-142 in the 38th over.

Hard to tell from where I'm positioned.

As the Aussies push the runs, another goes - run out.

Zia Ul Haq experiment didn't quite work. Was replaced by Usman Qadir who just bowled that over.

Last edited:
Leading edge and a skier, but well taken by Saad. I think that was Nawaz again with the wicket - 8-175 in the 44th over.

Thanks for the updates Genghis!

Great job!

Inshallah Pak can secure a few wins hereand gather some momentum leading into the world cup

Qadir changes ends and has another wicket bowled - 9-184 in the 46th over.

Last edited:
U192.jpeg

View from the ground, courtesy of Genghis.

Appreciative stuff by Genghis.Thank you and do keep us updated.....

Back