Australia [318 & 262] secure the Benaud-Qadir series with a 79-run win over Pakistan [264 & 237] in the 2nd Test at the MCG

Really good knock from Salman.

Cummins carrying the Australian bowling on his back in this match. Top effort.

We have played all Australian bowlers well except for Cummins. Only if we would have gone close to Australia first inning total

We have played all Australian bowlers well except for Cummins. Only if we would have gone close to Australia first inning total
We should have taken a small lead in 1st innings. It really was there for the taking

Shaheen and Aj would ve scored more if they had tried to swing. They cant block it. They ll edge one sooner or later. 20 25 runs would ve been gold

another sprightly 28 year old on crease - why is the game continuing after the extra 30 minutes ?

there is no point defending. both jamal and shaheen got out defending. Should just go for it. At least chance of getting boundary on edges.

The thing that annoyed me was hearing the Aussie players on the stump mic saying things like it hit you on the glove "Champ" to rizwan who is the nicest bloke. Things like that

Pakistan need to stop being so overly friendly and treat the opposition how the opposition treat them.

Indian players had the right approach to fight fire with fire with the Aussies even though they are abit too egotistic for the most part lol

For context I was only born in pakistan but grew up as a kid and lived my whole life in aus by the way so I know the difference between abit of banter and getting riled up and being aggressive from a culture point of view

allrounder Shaheen Afridi, can never score or bat under pressure.

Now defeat is just a matter of minutes for Pakistan.

Well done on your wonderful slip catching and dropping Marsh on 20.

Pakistan once again manufacture a way for Australia to beat them

good night fellows. It was always a dream that was too far fetched. Thank you Abdullah Shafique for destroying it for us.

The thing that annoyed me was hearing the Aussie players on the stump mic saying things like it hit you on the glove "Champ" to rizwan who is the nicest bloke. Things like that

Pakistan need to stop being so overly friendly and treat the opposition how the opposition treat them.

Indian players had the right approach to fight fire with fire with the Aussies even though they are abit too egotistic for the most part lol

For context I was only born in pakistan but grew up as a kid and lived my whole life in aus by the way so I know the difference between abit of banter and getting riled up and being aggressive from a culture point of view
That 10-fer from Cummins was a return gift 🎁 😃

As usual mental midget Pakistani team threw away another opportunity to win against Australia. You cannot win in Australia and South Africa if your batsmen cannot play off the back foot, cut, pull, hooks. You cannot accumulate yourself to victory in these conditions and neither can you carry the same one dimensional attritional batsmen

It was a great chance to change the stats in Australia but this team is too weak mentally.

How can Pakistan team expect to win here is list of loosers
1 Abdullah butter hand lost the match
2. Two free wicket of imam ul haq handed to Ausie.. by professor hafeez.
3. babar and saud Shakeel can't bat.. looks like goats sent in to fight lions...

It was a quick end Rizwan awful decision by umpire and poor fielding was the key

Its not coming natural for Sub-continent players. Most of us have slave mentality towards White people.

Geez...Salman what have u done.....that catch by MM was reminiscent of Adelaide 2014 when he caught virat and our innings went into a tailspin....

Australia deserve to win the match. Half of the team are over-aged/parchi. Should deserve 3-0 loss.

Australia deserve to win the match. Half of the team are over-aged/parchi. Should deserve 3-0 loss.
They didnt deserve to win the match they just fielded better other than that it was a fair contest

When you have a test like this, wow - what a fight by Pak...so much improved and better than 1st test....this is real test cricekt...i wish my team india had showed the same fight in centurion....Pak - aapne hamari izzat rakhi dil jeet lie....79 runs is not an accurate indicator of how close this was...bring on sydney in the new year ...and more of the same - go PAK!!!

The target would be 242 if Dropfique held onto the Marsh catch.

Great work. Start a new life in Melbourne.

Good fightback from Pakistan. Much better tour than last time.

But unfortunately this is the ceiling of this team here in Australia

Nothing to proud of. Pakistan bottle this test matches after reducing Australia 16-4 . They should have won but Pakistan lack winning mentality in Australia .
they played better than last series its true Pakistan lack winning mentality we win the match in gabba because of pant now we miss him

Hope should not be kept from this mentally weak team. At 1 moment we were crushing and the next moment All out.

That drop catch proving to be crucial Pakistan could have win here

Nothing to proud of. Pakistan bottle this test matches after reducing Australia 16-4 . They should have won but Pakistan lack winning mentality in Australia .
We just enjoyed the match because we usually perform horribly in Australia and lose by an innings..

Pakistan were not that far out at one point.

Then there was a usual collapse.

For SCG in the new year...u need spinners - has yassir sha retired? - hope that Abrar guy gets fit?

For SCG in the new year...u need spinners - has yassir sha retired? - hope that Abrar guy gets fit?
Yeah but who to drop for abrar ? I'm sure imam will be dropped for saim maybe. And I'm liking 4 fast bowler strategy but I would drop hassan ali for abrar

Saud, Babar, imam and Abdullah with his fielding has been disappointing

I would like to drop atleast two of them for next game

Next test XI:
1. Shan
2. Saim
3. Saud
4. Salman
5. Sarfraz
6. Babar
7. Jamal
8. Abrar/Sajid
9. Mir
10. Hasan
11. Shaheen

Saud, Babar, imam and Abdullah with his fielding has been disappointing

I would like to drop atleast two of them for next game
Saim for imam and I don't think they will drop any other batsmen Australia tour never been easy

This Saud dude scores just 20s and 30s. Not sure what his utility is. They might as well play a bowler in place of him. He doesn't look assured. May be Sarfraz in place of him.

Yes India never win a series in South Africa but they won a test atleast most of time
To be honest our Test team is just as good as settled as the Indian Test team is.. so our expectations are lower especially because of how badly we usually lose in Australia.

Before the series, most Pakistani fans were expecting to lose by an innings in every match. I mean we even lost Abrar and Shehzad on this tour even though they Naseem would have probably been on the tour instead of Shehzad anyway if head healthy.

I feel Pakistan performed higher than expectations so I don’t think we should celebrate or anything, but I feel better about a competitive match overseas than losing by an innings.

To me, this Pakistan team ticked quite a few boxes (except for those dreadful drop catches).

Hard luck pak fans, but your team gave much more of a fight than what our much hyped team did last evening in centurion.

Looking forward to a thriller in Sydney.

A century from Babar Azam was needed to win this test match and stamp the authority of world-class player but he failed .
Babar is not a top tier batsman and Never will be if he can't score impactful runs outside subcontinent .

Back