Australia [318 & 262] secure the Benaud-Qadir series with a 79-run win over Pakistan [264 & 237] in the 2nd Test at the MCG

Salman needs to realise now that he's not playing in Asia that he could pull out these reverse sweeps and sweeps regularly. Just play with the straight bat. There are singles available throughout the field.

Riz needs to control his shots. Need more singles from him

Absolutely incredible brain farts from both these guys the last few overs

Riz trying an upper cut. Salman tried reverse sweep. Am i dreaming?

Bottomline here is why was Shafique kept in the slips and he's failed with the bat. 50 runs too many at least. Should realistically be chasing 250 max.

There's a fine balance and they've gone back in to the bunker. They need to keep the runs ticking over, it's the last partnership.

Could've done with a pinch-hitter earlier

You need a talented world class counter attacker like Risabh Pant to win against Australia in this situation. Impactless accumulaters will not trouble Australia
Or Salman and Rizwan , lets hope they keep their head and luck favours them.

Who is a bigger scam? Imam or Agha?
I have never criticised Agha. He's gutsy and got a decent technique. Brilliant player of spin

Literally zero contribution from Imam in this match. Had Imam or Abdullah contributed little bit in this innings at least with 30s or 40s, Pakistan would have been in command

Forecast for Saturday [ BoM Aus ] : Cloudy. Medium chance of showers, most likely in the morning. Winds west to southwesterly 15 to 25 km/h turning southerly 20 to 30 km/h in the afternoon.

Pakistan Zindabad at the MCG - nice to hear!

First time I saw Rizwan hanging on the back foot and with a messed up footwork to a full delivery. Not a good sign.

Rizwan making his stats more worthy of being the number 1 choice wicket-keeper.

I am happy with what Salman is doing atm. No need to get stuck on crease but should not play senseless shots like that reverse sweep.

Literally zero contribution from Imam in this match. Had Imam or Abdullah contributed little bit in this innings at least with 30s or 40s, Pakistan would have been in command
Easy life for an opener.

Lets goooo that’s what we wanted.

Target under 100 runs away.

Target under a 100. What a determined effort from our boys. There's hope under Shan

lead under 100 now.. Have some sense and chase it down. It is not difficult.

Gotta survive Cummins short ball barrage. Probably his last spell of the day

Legside Rizwan gone.

Unlucky I would say.

Australia always gets these kind of calls going for then...

Hot spot shows he didn’t touch it and Rizwan thinks hr didn’t touch it.. surely not enough evidence to give him out

haha you know you've won when they resort to these decisions

When we have players like Imam and drop king Shafique as openers, useless player like Hasan Ali and softie/hyped player like Babar than we shouldn't deserve to win any big test against big team.

there was not enough evidence to overturn it. Rizzy had mark above the wristband.

Actually seeing very slow clearer replays now. The ball brushed the wrist band, legside was out, so it was a fair call.

Australia using their old tactics now. They did the same in 1999 Hobart test against Pak when Langer was not given out on snick and then he went on to win the game

Back