ICC World Cup 2023: India v Pakistan | Match 12 | Ahmedabad | 14 October | Pakistan innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumrah 's ball was killer, so was kuldeep's. No way rizzu or Chacha could play that, the ball by kuldeep was literally was Shane Warne would bowl, behind the legs to the stump lol.
Don't exaggerate lol.. Chacha's glove dragged it to stump, it didn't turn at all, it was a boundary ball.. when you're on form everything will works for you..

@Dr_Bassim You were right BTW. I shouldn't have fan boyed saud and Abdullah. Their test bats, not ready for quality attacks in odi yet.

I back them still but their not groomed atm.

I dont blame you.

Its not fanboyism by the way.

The truth is players out of the team always seem better than inside the team.

The reason for that is that most players are simply not good enough.

I still think Abdullah is the best find for Pakistan.

India comfortably the superior team. The number one team exposing a number 7 team. The ICC rankings are a complete sham.

Can't really blame guys who have played 10 games combined together
I don't blame them, I back them very strongly. I am mad because I told people this would happen.

Unlike NZ who plays 2nd string to cultivate youngsters we rely on one hit miracles.

Abdullah and saud had an entire afg series and Asia cup to get match practise and they were pur 2 best test batsmen. Why didn't they get practise?

Why was Abdullah shoved in last minute for a pressure Asia cup semi final? And why was saud shoved in just now? For a world cup stage? We did this with sarfi and nasir jamshed and fakahr and Ahmed shehzad as well.

Eventually the miracles were gonna backfire.

Playing 2nd string teams allows us to groom youngsters. But since 2018 we haven't groomed any opener since falhar and imam have hogged the opening and Abdullah and saim have no experience as a result.

Sane with out middle order, Zero experience.

NZ cultivated Conway, Ravindra, Mark Chapman, Henry, Glenn Philips, darly Mitchell in 4 years time + an entire extra b string waiting for them.

Who did we cultivate?

Imran Khan's speaking abilities surpass the combined speaking skills of Sachin Tendulkar and Wasim Akram
He should be - Oxford grad, schooled at Worcester Grammar HS, comes from an elite upbringing, his dad was a civil engineer in British India …. But…… not in cricket commi box.

For all the talk if Kuldeep, he got two wickets of ordinary balls pitched on the leg stump line.

This is just Pakistan doing a Pakistan.

Babar has to be removed as skipper.

Shadab and nawaz need to be dropped

Hasan Ali needs to retire after this

This list goes on

Good slap on the face of mr 10% Zaka. This idiot bow to Babar to select this crap team

I think Pakistan can fight India on equal footing as long as we don't have Kuldeep. This has become a big problem for them now, can't read him off his hands, and a mental block developing. Rameez Raja keeps telling this in his youtube videos. Whatever matches Pak have won against India since 2017, none of them featured Kuldeep.
Since 2015 WC Pakistan has only won won 1 match which was the CT final when India had a bad day. All the other matches including Asia cup 2018, WC 2019, Asia cup 2023 wee won by India.

Not just quality, Kuldeep is a generational player, pity our people couldn't realize it sooner, instead backing Chahal, Varun Chakrawarthy, Rahul Chahar etc.

I hope at least in the future we have Kuldeep and Bishnoi bowling in tandem.
very true....portents of a good young attack replacing jadzaa and ash when they go eventually

Don't exaggerate lol.. Chacha's glove dragged it to stump, it didn't turn at all, it was a boundary ball.. when you're on form everything will works for you..
Bro it was outside leg, and coming into the stumps cause he's a leg spinner, it would go thay direction. Only way to play that was sweep and hope you can nick it to the boundary

Pakistan should at least bat for NRR.

Simple logic.

A thrashing in this match would kill our NRR.

Wth happened. Wasn’t watching just switched on. Pakistan keep crumbling under any pressure in this fixture.

This list goes on
Nothing will happen!!! This is happening past 4-5 years. PCB will arrange 2nd/3rd string team after this tournament and all will be forgotten

Nz beat England
SA beat Australia

England and Australia will definitely come back strong

NOW WE WILL LOSE AND GET OUR NRR AFFECTED BADLY. Hopeless team

Maybe it's not that flat?
India also lost 3 early vs aus. If we can bring them 3 down we have a chance still. Not over yet.

Imam has been predictably failing for a while now. He’s had a woeful run at the current World Cup as well.

Fakhar Zaman was that one card that Pak could have used to give us that magical upper hand against India in today’s match.

However for unknown reasons Mickey Arthur and Babar Azam decided not to include Fakhar.

Deapite continuous Imam failures.

He could have given us that X Factor today and a lightning fast opening stand on this lifeless flat pitch.

Result is we’re now choking to score and crumbling.

Commentators are now discussing about the par score on the pitch and how we were doing good until Babar got out.

The first ball I tuned into was Babar's dismissal since then it's been a slippery slope :facepalm:

Vs Australia in this WC. India were 2/3

Kohli was also dropped remember.

Just saying, that low scoring game are not an easy chase. Please do see my comments in that match commentary thread.
Firstly, dropped catches are part and parcel of the game. SL too dropped their catches during the WC record chase. secondly, Chennai pitch was not a belter like this. It had something in it for the bowlers.

I feel with 265 Pakistan would have had a chance. If they batted sensibly 5 down we could have got there! Not brilliant but a chance nonetheless!

Now potentially getting bowled out with 7 overs to spare is beyond poor.

Not one single 6 in the innings though???? 🤔

This list goes on
Yep to the first two.

Saim Ayub and Mohammad Haris need a strong development program so they are ready for 2027.

You can’t stop India from having quality players

Why doesn’t Pakistan have an equally good spinner? Who is to blame?
I said the same to my Pakistani friend. He told me Shadab and Nawaz are Babar's friend so they play. I ignored him as I am used to such talks in our Ind/Pak. I now think he was right. Shadab is very average if you compare him to past spinners we have seen play for Pakistan like Saqlain, Ajmal,Kaneria. Even Afridi was much better than him.

Apart from Bumran ahd Kuldeep Indian bowling was not at its best today.
India should bring in prasidh for siraj. He would be deadly on surfaces that offer some bounce.

India if they select jaiswal(not in squad?) and axar back from injury they would be even stronger in my opinion.

Extremely disappointing from Babar - he was well set for a hundred - now six down & PAK is not going to play out 50 overs.
For such an experienced & learned poster, you seem to have a lot of expectations from a guy of such mediocre ceiling & lower mental strength. He will always remain a scared timid boy among big men.

This is quite embarrassing to be honest - I’m losing interest in India-PAK contest. Was watching Asiad hockey game and left even sooner than cricket …. By that time India was 3/4 up.

Firstly, dropped catches are part and parcel of the game. SL too dropped their catches during the WC record chase. secondly, Chennai pitch was not a belter like this. It had something in it for the bowlers.

Were you expecting India to be 2/3 vs Australia?

No.

Low scoring matches does funny things to the mind.

India should bring Siraj or Bumrah and go for the kill.. All out here will bring Pakistan's run rate very low

This pitch also has low bounce maybe nawaz and shadab will be handy here

And if there is swing under lights that's still our game

A complete melt down once again. They are not ashamed at all for not giving a fight in-front of 1lac+ people. No wonder they are on a winderful enjoyment trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back