ICC World Cup 2023: India v Pakistan | Match 12 | Ahmedabad | 14 October | Pakistan innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakistan are the most dangerous side in the world of Cricket.

It is their style to low ball a performance then go for the kill in the later stage of the tournament!

We are master illusionists!
We are, which is why are able to sell ourselves as a dangerous team in spite of not making an ODI WC final in 24 years.

England collapsed the same way against NZ too. Exactly in the middle overs. The pitch slows a bit in the middle overs.
Though Poms scored around 100 more from lot, lot, lot ….. lot worse position than 155/2 at around 30 over mark

Batting is very weak, not surprised. Bowling is probably the worse at the moment. Just hope they get some cheap wicket and it’s not a 7 wicket win

Tried to go after 300+ on a 250 pitch but hindsight is undefeated.. looked like a 350 pitch at the start.

This is why Babar and Rizwan play the way they play. I hold my hands up for being wrong to criticise their approach.

270 would have been a good score here and we all have to be humble and admit it. Absolutely zero resistance was shown from Saud, Iftikhar, Shadab and Nawaz.

I stand by my original opinion

The most impactless batsmen for Pakistan is Babar.

A poorman's Hashim Amla.
I see a proper mixture of Kallis the original choke master & Amla his more stylish successor. Babar has the perfect combination of Amla's softness & Kallis's selfishness, which in turn makes him the most impactless loi batsman of modern times.

The only way we might have 1% chance is if we have Ind at something like 10-3.

Even a 30 run opening partnership and India would chase this without breaking a sweat

As usual after this match pakistan media and excricketer gonna made scapegoat to newcomers like saud and shafeeq those guys are really good and no voice will be against Rizwan and Don Bradman Babar so called king🤣

After this wc they will call again minnow teams Babar will make century after century to regain his king status And and Pakistan Awam Gonna be happy except sane voices

These aren't my word ,I Listen a Pakistan cricket Analyst youtuber .

"Wasay Habib"

The only way we might have 1% chance is if we have Ind at something like 10-3.

Even a 30 run opening partnership and India would chase this without breaking a sweat
true, but the pitch offers nothing to the pacers.

We are, which is why are able to sell ourselves as a dangerous team in spite of not making an ODI WC final in 24 years.
Awww, you had to put in ODI in there cos Pakistan did reach a WC in T20 a couple of years ago.

The fact you keep quoting me means I have ruffled your feathers. This is as good as Pakistan winning!

You do need a shake up after hibernating for over a week.

:)

Though Poms scored around 100 more from lot, lot, lot ….. lot worse position than 155/2 at around 30 over mark
That's because pome kept attacking. Babar and Riz went at 4 rpo for about 7 to 8 overs

Match isn't over yet.

Looking at comments, people will think India already won.....

Doesn't Pakistan have better spinners than shahdab and Nawaz ...both of them seem to be bits and pieces players..it is absolutely astonishing tharak sn hasn't produced an all-rounder during more than last 1 decade.Abdur razzack was the last all-rounder.Middle order batting hasn't been addressed.it is criminal that two batters Abdullah and Saud are almost making their ODI debuts in worldcup.i guess both have played less than 10 ODIS.
What was Pakistan selectors thinking whilr picking squad for worldcup??it seems much brain. Hasn't been put in selection??
Where is your power hitter batter??
Where is genuine all-rounder??
Where is proper spinner??
Marks my words....There could be an upset while Pakistan play Afghanistan

Nothing will change. Almost same team under Babar will play in 2027 World Cup

So, who are those strikers in your opinion from pakistan's donestics?

Saim ayub is one of them but he's obviously raw, he needs the rachin ravindra or the rohit sharma treatment to become class, but he's fearless.

Haris is another and he's a killer leader. He has intent but again he's a raw hack, he needs 4 years of grooming just like how Eng managed some of their former hacks and turned them into winners. Bairstow use to be a lower order hack before his promotion and him being given a long run. Haris needs it with captaincy.

Tayyab is the next one, his bharanga shots allow him to get massive scores but he's a bit raw on spin and pace. However he's an important accumulator who has a killer 5th gear.

Omair bin aziz as well. Omair is another accumulator but has shown intent under haris in the emerging acc cup and he genuinely tries to access 4th gear atleast and is important at the top of the order.

Saud needs the top order slot. He isn't a striker but if groomed his ceiling is higher then rizzu and Babar although atm Babar and rizzu are superior but saud doesn't per say slow down for milestones.

Not sure about Abdullah, I think Abdullah should stick to tests, he isn't a List A player.

We need young and Fresh blood, and blood that has killer intent, if you want someone experienced back, bring imad waseem who batting wise has that aggression as well and like I've been saying is far superior to nawaz and Shadab.

Abaass afridi also needs to be groomed.

^^ Thing is all these players are bang Average but that's why you need to groom them, this is the difference between SENA and India and US.

They don't look at users in forums hating and crying. NZ knew what they were doing with ravindra, the same way India knew what they were doing with rohit sharma during their early years.

Imagine if bcci said, Rohit is failing, he's a clown, He doesn't have a sexy 50+ average, let's drop him for good. We wouldn't have gotten the atg opener and goat Indian captain otherwise.

It's a mindset thing. On paper atm, no one is per say ready, not even saim. But they all have Guts, and haris is a killer leader.

The management is more concerned with averages and Babar promotes the stat pad culture over haris and saim ayub who if groomed stats wise may never reach 50+ but will provide you more match winning knocks then anyone in our current circuit like imam.

ONLY ONE ACCUMULATOR IS NEEDED, THAT CAN BE RIZZU, BABAR. IMAM, BABAR AND RIZZU TRIO IS THE EQUIVALENT OF PLAYING 3 BOOTLEG JOE ROOTS lol.

Alhamdulillah- I was expecting so. Life will be complicated bro going forward - you’ll be surprised with your patience level & anger management for that No. 3.

Could you mange the civil service?

I might be wrong here but I get the feeling Pakistan are a better chasing team than batting first team.

Never thought I would say this.

Today they failed to get an idea on the pitch.

I like Babar

But I hate him for doing favours for undeserving players

Rizwan is undeserving and Babar has done everything in his power to make something out of him due to his personal like for him
Got it.

Alhamdulillah- I was expecting so. Life will be complicated bro going forward - you’ll be surprised with your patience level & anger management for that No. 3.

Could you mange the civil service?
I couldn’t, too busy with work. Decided to not pursue it after investing a lot of money and time in my primary field.

I hope North America is treating you well.

Gill looks so weak. He had vein popping muscles. Looked fit. Now he looks like he hasn't eaten for 3 weeks

As usual after this match pakistan media and excricketer gonna made scapegoat to newcomers like saud and shafeeq those guys are really good and no voice will be against Rizwan and Don Bradman Babar so called king🤣

After this wc they will call again minnow teams Babar will make century after century to regain his king status And and Pakistan Awam Gonna be happy except sane voices

These aren't my word ,I Listen a Pakistan cricket Analyst youtuber .

"Wasay Habib"

Tbh Iftikhar, Shadab, Nawaz and Hasan Ali deserve the heat. These guys have been around for a while and should have known what to do in the situation they came to bat in.

Typically the crowd is the 12th man, but today the crowd was the 12th, 13th, 14th, and 15th man.

Very cunning of organizers denying Pakistan fans visas.

I might be wrong here but I get the feeling Pakistan are a better chasing team than batting first team.

Never thought I would say this.

Today they failed to get an idea on the pitch.
You aren't wrong, I said the same thing in the pre match discussion thread.

The style of 30 overs traditional cricket + 20 overs t20 is something that applies to chasing only. Pakistan is useless when batting first. This approach doesn't work when batting 1st.

Just sick and tired of us as a nation just losing in everything and again and again.

Army destroying the country and economy. In sports we are sucking heck Afghanistan did better than us in the Asia Games with more medals and now in cricket.

God forsaken country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back