PCB Champions One Day Cup is a waste of time

mominsaigol

Test Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
The tournament is reaching it's final stages as the qualifiers are coming on and I wanted to make this post to let everyone know that this tournament was nothing more then a waste of time.

The real problem for Pakistan lies in it's culture

In this tournament your mentors and captains are players who have formerly had a backwards approach towards cricket for decades, Misbah, Waqar, Saqlain are not the answer and even the likes of malik and sarfraz are good from a fitness and motivational standpoint but lack the actual coaching ability to change the culture and dynamics of Pakistan cricket.

This is a culture which refuses to celebrate an approach to modern cricket, It does not matter that Pakistan doesn't have a Travis head waiting in the back of their lineup, Even the likes of labu are now shifting to a modern era approach.

I have no seen a single batter in this tournament go after the bowling, and look to get 350 to 400 scores, with even the mentors being fixated on 270 to 280 targets.

The only players who have made an attempt to go after the bowling g has been Kamran Ghulam and Abdul Samad and while nowhere close to Travis they've tried their best to bat at a strike rate over 100 to 110 round about.

Even today People are celebrating Babar Azam's century as if its the Macies parade not realising it was a horrible 100 and an overall awful approach from overs 40 to 50.

The mere Culture of wanting to end bowling careers does not exist and not a single pacer is trying to go over 140 clicks?

Seriously what was the point of this tournament when

A) Not a single 350 t0 400 score has been made

B) 90% of pacers lack pace

C) The mentors are fixated on 280 being the hallmark of an odi innings

D) Stat padding is celebrated with a 100% guarantee that the likes of Imam, Babar, Rizwan, Chacha will be selected again regardless of performance.

Seriously even if the team got bowled out for less them 50, I'd be fine with it, atleast TRY TO ATTACK? KOSHISH TO KARO?

The Problem with Pakistan is not the talent itself, it's the mentality that has been infused into said talent and a culture of playing outdated forms of cricket.

It is a huge hige shame considering teams like Afghanistan are playing modern brand of cricket and are adopting and getting better day by day while Pakistan is regressing because their isnt a single player in the country whos even willing to attack and play with the mantra of ending bowling careers.

Everyone is using the excuse of Babar and rizwan being the best, Oh bhai Where are your priorities? Here's my final question that I wish to ask

What do you guys support, Pakistan winning games by adopting a modern approach to cricket, or Babar and rizwam scoring runs in the same usual filthy manner that they play in? Set your priorities straight.

These short tournaments are meaningless.

Why can't we have this level of cricket for an entire season?

Regardless the majority of players in domestics come across as amateur. I have seen misfields, awful shots and trundling. Reserves look completely depeleted. 5 year minimum recovery. This team is cooked.

To put more into context of what I'm saying, today not a single Aussie batter besides Marsh who got put early batted at a sr of less then 100

Travis = 119
Smith = 114
Cameron Green = 100
Labu = 126

They all went bang bang, Even Marsh who got out early got out looking to play a stroke and hit a 6.

Why can't any of pur players bat like this? Why are they so afraid to loft?

To put more into context of what I'm saying, today not a single Aussie batter besides Marsh who got put early batted at a sr of less then 100

Travis = 119
Smith = 114
Cameron Green = 100
Labu = 126

They all went bang bang, Even Marsh who got out early got out looking to play a stroke and hit a 6.

Why can't any of pur players bat like this? Why are they so afraid to loft?
The commentators also are adding a great sense of negativity against risk free/courageous batting approach players.

They want the batsmen to take their time and get set, and then catch up….

Well that’s what you have been trying to do for years, you are going nowhere whereas everyone else is moving decades ahead of you.

The commentators also are adding a great sense of negativity against risk free/courageous batting approach players.

They want the batsmen to take their time and get set, and then catch up….

Well that’s what you have been trying to do for years, you are going nowhere whereas everyone else is moving decades ahead of you.
Yes all of them except aamer sohail, He's the only truthful commentator in the dugout, He's the only one to say it as is and had the gall to call Babar and rizwan crap

Whilst OP is a true viewer of cricket and sees it clearly, the fact that this cup is waste of time is simply for those who see it truthfully.

The actual ploy of deception at play here by the organisers is not a waste of time for them.

They have a plan. It is no coincidence that Markhors and Stallions are two of the strongest/balanced sides whereas the other 3 seem to be free for alls.

Misbah and Waqar Younis should never be trusted.

Whilst OP is a true viewer of cricket and sees it clearly, the fact that this cup is waste of time is simply for those who see it truthfully.

The actual ploy of deception at play here by the organisers is not a waste of time for them.

They have a plan. It is no coincidence that Markhors and Stallions are two of the strongest/balanced sides whereas the other 3 seem to be free for alls.

Misbah and Waqar Younis should never be trusted.
Ahh, thanks for adding this, I forgot to write this in the OP, was going to mention it but forgot.

Back