PCB's Champions One-Day Cup (2024)

Which side will win the PCB's Champions One-Day Cup (2024)?

• Total voters
Is it me, or do the players seem more fired up in this than international matches. There’s more emotion, more desperation to win, more disappointment when things go wrong.

Compare this with international matches where they are smiling and backslapping the opposition. They almost seem star struck when they’re playing against international players.

Get your priorities straight - can you “show eyes” on the international stage too?
Because international players are a different breed of skill set.

The idea of bowling to shadab Khan and chacha is different from bowling to Travis head

Is it me, or do the players seem more fired up in this than international matches. There’s more emotion, more desperation to win, more disappointment when things go wrong.

Compare this with international matches where they are smiling and backslapping the opposition. They almost seem star struck when they’re playing against international players.

Get your priorities straight - can you “show eyes” on the international stage too?
They seem to be going for it more here than even the PSL.

Perhaps they know we have reached rock bottom so there is a real chance for new opportunities or for the old guard to be shown the door.

They seem to be going for it more here than even the PSL.

Perhaps they know we have reached rock bottom so there is a real chance for new opportunities or for the old guard to be shown the door.
Yes there does seem a lot of desperation.

Some people are fighting for their survival

Because international players are a different breed of skill set.

The idea of bowling to shadab Khan and chacha is different from bowling to Travis head
True, but that shouldn’t change your intensity.

Tbf, most of these guys are

Last edited by a moderator:
Markhors remain on top as unbeaten

QE0pgWz.jpg

This is a weird tournament where player of the match (25k PKR) is getting half the money of energetic batter od the match award (50k PKR) and a captain telling that he is happy that he lost the game.

To be honest the quality of this tournament is pretty low , same old face are performing which were expected to perform , not any eye catching U21 player apart from Abdul Samad and Jahandad Khan even they are older than 21 and just decent and not oozes with prodigious talent

Strength playing strength is a good idea but the quality isn't there. As we have such little talent coming through, I wouldn't mind one team of just talented guys that may have terrible stats. For example Mohammad Asghar would be one( although stats aren't horrific). I would make clear parameters for selection- bowlers must be 6 2 and over, spinners that don't have great control but give the ball a real rip and batsman that can pull and hook. If we pull one rabbit out of the hat( however unlikely) who knows.

The quality is not going to never going to be as high as PSL, and I wouldn’t necessarily trust stats compared to it. Whilst I get PSL can be misleading, it’s far and away the strongest format in domestic for Pakistan. In all areas, quality, competition, pressure, money.

This is a really nice incentive and it will still probably be second to PSL. It will get fans excited to watch which is probably the biggest thing. But I don’t think it will be great at unearthing new talent, the stakes are not high enough here.

That’s why I said we need to add more teams to PSL so we get more youngsters/more talent in general playing in the teams. I get we might get a slight quality hit but I don’t think it’ll be much and it will be worth it for the extra number of players we give exposure too. After international, ex international, foreign players, there’s hardly any spots left for people to play. Thats why it’s just the same faces, because quite frankly they are better, but they’re better partly because they have experience. Have enough teams with not enough experienced players to take all the slots, teams will risk playing a youngster or two or a talented player. Which is what we want.

Credit goes to Misbah-ul-Haq's technical acumen and Mohammad Rizwan's astute captaincy for Markhors' unbeaten run in the Champions One-Day Cup 2024

7fadexq.jpg

The quality is not going to never going to be as high as PSL, and I wouldn’t necessarily trust stats compared to it. Whilst I get PSL can be misleading, it’s far and away the strongest format in domestic for Pakistan. In all areas, quality, competition, pressure, money.

This is a really nice incentive and it will still probably be second to PSL. It will get fans excited to watch which is probably the biggest thing. But I don’t think it will be great at unearthing new talent, the stakes are not high enough here.

That’s why I said we need to add more teams to PSL so we get more youngsters/more talent in general playing in the teams. I get we might get a slight quality hit but I don’t think it’ll be much and it will be worth it for the extra number of players we give exposure too. After international, ex international, foreign players, there’s hardly any spots left for people to play. Thats why it’s just the same faces, because quite frankly they are better, but they’re better partly because they have experience. Have enough teams with not enough experienced players to take all the slots, teams will risk playing a youngster or two or a talented player. Which is what we want.

If the benchmark is PSL then we'll never improve our cricket, PSL is a pathetic league, the players who performed in PSL 2024 were a flop show in the T20 World Cup 2024 and ODI World Cup in 2023...

To improve our T20 cricket, we have to

1 - First and foremost accept that we have a pathetic domestic structure and low class players
2 - Accept that PSL is a pathetic league
3 - Try to improve PSL by bringing in more foreign players and coaches. Local players and local coaches are good for nothing.
4 - Add more teams to PSL (I agree with your point on this)
5 - Rinse and repeat for a few years to have a realistic chance of improving our T20 cricket

Back