PCB set to reappoint Babar Azam as captain ahead of the T20 World Cup 2024

Should Babar Azam be reinstated as the captain for the T20 World Cup 2024?

• Total voters
Lol, are people calling zimbaber a slur. It's pretty mild compared to other things said about Cricketers.

And it doesn't attack him for his race or religion. Just his love for the bowling attack of a certain southern African nation.
That’s how soft they seem to be.

If you ever go to an Ashes home or away Test and listen to what the Australian and English crowd say to the opposition players. It’s atrocious but the players know it’s all part of the game. Babar fans are so upset that he’s been called Zimbabar.

The onus is on Babar to kill the Zimbabar chant by scoring runs against higher quality bowling attacks.

The onus is on Babar to kill the Zimbabar chant by scoring runs against higher quality bowling attacks.
That’s it

And when he does, stand in front of the crowd and turn those Zimbabar chants in to Mughal-E-Azam. Not get out for below 30 every time against Australia in Australia

Maybe PCB should hire Darren Sammy and not Gary Kirsten? Don’t think Kirsten will stand where the 12th man stands to spoon feed Babar information on the pitch
that is a good one, it will remain to be seen if Sammy was feeding info or standing there for limelight.

That’s how soft they seem to be.

If you ever go to an Ashes home or away Test and listen to what the Australian and English crowd say to the opposition players. It’s atrocious but the players know it’s all part of the game. Babar fans are so upset that he’s been called Zimbabar.
No one is upset. I was simply pointing out hypocrisy of imad fans who celebrate zimbabar chants but were very upset when the same was done to Imad in pindi.

Just 2 centuries against zimbabwe, and calling him Zimbabar. LOL Not sure why?

fheerNf.png

Just 2 centuries against zimbabwe, and calling him Zimbabar. LOL Not sure why?

fheerNf.png
They call him zimbabar because he made his debut against Zimbabwe, not because he only scores against Zimbabwe.

All though recently the zimbabar thing has become a meme.

Tbf to babar, I don't think he deserves hostility as a player.

I think he deserves it as a captain, but as a player no need to hold him to world class cloud 9 standards. Just be happy that he's a decent and consistent accumulator and cricket needs those at no 3.

They call him zimbabar because he made his debut against Zimbabwe, not because he only scores against Zimbabwe.

I think he deserves it as a captain, but as a player no need to hold him to world class cloud 9 standards. Just be happy that he's a decent and consistent accumulator and cricket needs those at no 3.
Nope. that is not the reason that he made his debut against Zimbabwe.

People call him Zimbabar because they think he scored 10-20 centuries against them and has zero scores to show against other teams. Stats are in front of them. Ignorant people will find a way to say these stats are incorrect or will find a way to counter these stats as well.

I'm just thinking, is Babar really the right choice?

How was his conduct during the ODI WC? Him and his team arrived unfit and out of form. During the tournament visited a new restaurant every night like it was a holiday. Lost to Afghanistan.

so is Mohsin Naqvi a Hulk Hogan for this decision?

Misbah ul Haq: I have great plans for this tea…

Ramiz Raja: IT IT IT Doesn’t matter what your plans are for this team!!

The Tombstone pile-driver by Ramiz to Misbah’s international coaching career

Go and make yourself relevant and SNGPL looking for talent in Charsi Karahi restaurants!

What difference does debuting against make? It is nonsense to call zimbabar. LOL if he is not word class then who is? Shubman Gill? :D

What difference does debuting against make? It is nonsense to call zimbabar. LOL if he is not word class then who is? Shubman Gill? :D
Gill has a higher ceiling than Babar.

Babar is Amla type player.

Stats no impact.

Gill and Jaiswal will be both game changers for India and leave Babar in dust.

Gill in 44 odi games has 6 centuries, 13 50's, one 200 score and a strike rate of 103?

What are you on about?

Comparing Shubman with Babar is not the topic of the discussion but babar is playing for almost 10 years now while Shubman has just been around for few year. This comparison is not fair. Based on averages in few games, ryan ten doeschate is better than anybody in the world.

Comparing Shubman with Babar is not the topic of the discussion but babar is playing for almost 10 years now while Shubman has just been around for few year. This comparison is not fair. Based on averages in few games, ryan ten doeschate is better than anybody in the world.
Ryan never had a 200 score, 103 sr or play with the top teams across the world excluding the 2011 wc.

Nor was he a 24 year old prodigy who could do what Gill did at such a young age in just 44 games

Ryan never had a 200 score, 103 sr or play with the top teams across the world excluding the 2011 wc.

Nor was he a 24 year old prodigy who could do what Gill did at such a young age in just 44 games
44 is not a huge number to compare anybody with any other player around the world. The stats may look inflated. scoring 200 makes fakhar better than shubman than.

BTW this thread was never about comparisons so, not worth it to talk about shubman and derail this thread.

44 is not a huge number to compare anybody with any other player around the world. The stats may look inflated. scoring 200 makes fakhar better than shubman than.

BTW this thread was never about comparisons so, not worth it to talk about shubman and derail this thread.
Okay final comment then and then won't derail.

Fakhar is 100x the batsmen babar is and Ryan is, so I don't see how that helps you lol? Inform fakhar is >>>>>>>>>>>> Inform babar, that's a fact that even babar in wc 2023 admitted to that an Inform fakhar means instant victory for Pakistan something he can't claim for himself.

Shubman is 24 and already achieving match winning innings. More match winning innings then fakhar even whereas for babar, Fans are still stuck clutching at straws from 2019 NZ or 2021 India game lol or that 196 in test.

My issue with Babar is this.

When you think of world class batsmen or impactful batsmen you think of a trait that sets them apart from rest of the pile.

Kohli you think best chaser in history and ATG.

Sharma you think of 3 double hundreds and high peaks.

Fakhar firing - win for Pakistan

Steven Smith - ATG test bat

Gill and Jaiswal -> future greats

Afridi -> 6 hitting prodigy

Babar -> you are left red faced trying to claim he is world class and in 10 years have one NZ knock or a 196 that keeps being mentioned to keep him relevant.

A world class player doesn't need 10 years and 2 great knocks to stay relevant.

Which is why he is like Amla.

A good player but when I think of Amla I think of someone who opened for SA and scored centuries but I can't think of a single ODI performance to make Amla even better than Inzimam.

Babar currently is an inferior version of Inzimam or Yousuf.

My issue with Babar is this.

When you think of world class batsmen or impactful batsmen you think of a trait that sets them apart from rest of the pile.

Kohli you think best chaser in history and ATG.

Sharma you think of 3 double hundreds and high peaks.

Fakhar firing - win for Pakistan

Steven Smith - ATG test bat

Gill and Jaiswal -> future greats

Afridi -> 6 hitting prodigy

Babar -> you are left red faced trying to claim he is world class and in 10 years have one NZ knock or a 196 that keeps being mentioned to keep him relevant.

A world class player doesn't need 10 years and 2 great knocks to stay relevant.

Which is why he is like Amla.

A good player but when I think of Amla I think of someone who opened for SA and scored centuries but I can't think of a single ODI performance to make Amla even better than Inzimam.

Babar currently is an inferior version of Inzimam or Yousuf.
I wouldn't put afridi in the world class category.

He's popular mostly cause he's an entertainer.

Gill in 44 odi games has 6 centuries, 13 50's, one 200 score and a strike rate of 103?

What are you on about?
I hope that you understad that this century to innings ratio is far WORSE than Babar. Also the 50 to innings ratio too. The avg is inflated due to his 200 score which will also normalize once he plays more ODIs. We have seen what he is made of when he played WC at his backyard supported by Sharma and Kohli to modern day greats. Taking Gill's name in the same sentence as Babar is the biggest achievement of Gill so far in his career.

Gill has a higher ceiling than Babar.

Babar is Amla type player.

Stats no impact.

Gill and Jaiswal will be both game changers for India and leave Babar in dust.
Gill can not even tie shoe lace of Babar. He is completely getting exposed captaining GT this time around and will get snubbed for the WC again. Comparing a player who can't even make to the squad of all format to the mighty Babar is funny :D

Gill can not even tie shoe lace of Babar. He is completely getting exposed captaining GT this time around and will get snubbed for the WC again. Comparing a player who can't even make to the squad of all format to the mighty Babar is funny :D

Will quote you soon mate.

Gill will leave Babar in dust and you will find nowhere to hide.

I hope that you understad that this century to innings ratio is far WORSE than Babar. Also the 50 to innings ratio too. The avg is inflated due to his 200 score which will also normalize once he plays more ODIs. We have seen what he is made of when he played WC at his backyard supported by Sharma and Kohli to modern day greats. Taking Gill's name in the same sentence as Babar is the biggest achievement of Gill so far in his career.
Gill's avg is inflated but Babar is legit? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Will quote you soon mate.

Gill will leave Babar in dust and you will find nowhere to hide.
Yeah will leave Babar to dust and won't even make to india's wc squad. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLL :D
Kaise kar lete ho yaar wese honestly?

This is the situation of the Pakistan team under Babar Azam as they haven't won a single series in their last four home series.

DoiiLLr.png

This is the situation of the Pakistan team under Babar Azam as they haven't won a single series in their last four home series.

DoiiLLr.png

Only in Pakistan will such an incompetent person be allowed to retain the captaincy because of political connections

Only in Pakistan will such an incompetent person be allowed to retain the captaincy because of political connections
It is funny how people still believe the myth that his captaincy is holding Pakistan back when Pakistan lost 4-1 in NZ under Shaheen and continued its proud tradition of getting whitewashed in Australia in Tests with Masood leading the team.

Who can forget the Shan Masood captaincy clinic at the MCG when he let Australia get out of jail at 16/4.

Pakistani fans should have zipped their mouths after the NZ and Australia tours but it appears that there is no cure for delusion.

It is funny how people still believe the myth that his captaincy is holding Pakistan back when Pakistan lost 4-1 in NZ under Shaheen and continued its proud tradition of getting whitewashed in Australia in Tests with Masood leading the team.

Who can forget the Shan Masood captaincy clinic at the MCG when he let Australia get out of jail at 16/4.

Pakistani fans should have zipped their mouths after the NZ and Australia tours but it appears that there is no cure for delusion.
All your comments at this point translate to

Peshawar zalmi zindabad, imad I hate you.

Back