PCB set to reappoint Babar Azam as captain ahead of the T20 World Cup 2024

Should Babar Azam be reinstated as the captain for the T20 World Cup 2024?

• Total voters
Nope you're not fooling anyone here. You've already been caught out from calling Babar selfish to bashing those who describe him as such, all in a period of under six months. What does this go to show?

Pakistan has won ICC tournaments over the last 15 years with previous captains, who each had less than half of the time that Babar had in leading the side. Babar holds the record low in the PSL for losing 9 out of 10 matches in an entire season. Why is Babar always a loser? Even Imad has achieved more as a captain over Babar, who's had countless opportunities to win something, first from his U19 playing days, then during his failed 4 year stint as Pakistan captain and now as the skipper of Peshawar Zalmi.

The hard truth is in the last 15 years of Pakistan cricket, encompassing the PSL, no one other than Misbah has had more opportunities to win a tournament for his side. The only thing worse than the Babar cult is the Misbah cult.
I was the first person to question Mamoon because I knew you're one of the Smartest posters here so theirs no way you'd ever claim shan is an improved batsmen.

As for captaincy, Shan is > Babar, him not warranting a place in the team doesn't mean he's below babar as a captain. Any idiot is better then babar including the god awful misbah as captain.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was the first person to question Mamoon because I knew you're one of the Smartest posters here so theirs no way you'd ever claim shan is an improved batsmen.

As for captaincy, Shan is > Babar, him not warranting a place in the team doesn't mean he's below babar as a captain. Any idiot is better then babar including the god awful misbah as captain.
Either you are in your early teens or you started watching cricket in 2019. Misbah was the best test captain pakistan had since IK.

Either you are in your early teens or you started watching cricket in 2019. Misbah was the best test captain pakistan had since IK.

I find this very disrespectful. For me no one is inferior to the mighty Misbah.

Nope you're not fooling anyone here. You've already been caught out from calling Babar selfish to bashing those who describe him as such, all in a period of under six months. What does this go to show?
I don’t need credibility certificates from someone who thinks it is justifiable to appoint the worst Test batsman in Pakistan’s history as captain, and that Imad’s 25 in 21 in the CT final with just two boundaries and 7 runs of the last 10 balls was a blockbuster innings that took the game away from India.

If Babar is a loser, then 90% of the players who have ever played for Pakistan are losers because he is better than 90% of the hundreds of players who have represented Pakistan at the international level.

There is no hope for such an intellectually bankrupt and deluded fanbase that considers a high class batsman like Babar a “loser”.
Pakistan has won ICC tournaments over the last 15 years with previous captains, who each had less than half of the time that Babar had in leading the side. Babar holds the record low in the PSL for losing 9 out of 10 matches in an entire season. Why is Babar always a loser?
Winning ICC tournaments is not the be all and end all as I have explained to Dr_Bassim above in multiple posts.

The West Indies won 3 trophies in 12 years between 2004-2016 but that didn’t change the fact that they were one of the weakest and poorly performing teams of that period.

Secondly, there is always fine margins between winning and losing. Babar took Pakistan to the final in 2022 with a weak team. Had this been at the behest of some other captain, the narrative would have been that he helped Pakistan punched above their weight.

Anything could have happened in the final vs England. One result doesn’t make a captain any better or worse. The fact that Pakistan made a final and a semifinal in two out of three World Cups under Babar shows that he wasn’t as bad as some people make him out to be.
Even Imad has achieved more as a captain over Babar, who's had countless opportunities to win something, first from his U19 playing days, then during his failed 4 year stint as Pakistan captain and now as the skipper of Peshawar Zalmi.
Imad achievements as PSL captain are associated with riding the brilliance of Babar the batsman. Without Babar in the team, his W/L ratio drops to 0.43.

When Babar left for Zalmi, Imad had a golden chance to prove that his success as captain didn’t depend on Babar. However, he fumbled that chance in spectacular fashion and got brutally exposed, finished second from bottom and ironically, below Babar’s Zalmi.
The hard truth is in the last 15 years of Pakistan cricket, encompassing the PSL, no one other than Misbah has had more opportunities to win a tournament for his side. The only thing worse than the Babar cult is the Misbah cult.
Pakistan needs to focus on building a team that can perform consistently across formats for a long period of time. That is more important than winning a fluke tournament and being pathetic either side of that fluke.

Pakistan’s ability to be a consistently strong side across formats doesn’t hinge on captaincy but rather, it hinges on the quality of the players.

Unfortunately for Pakistan, the core of the squad is just not good enough at this point. You can appoint anyone as captain and the end result will be the same.

You saw that in Australia where the so- called tactical genius and English professor Masood returned home with a 3-0 whitewash. Literally any other captain would have produced the same result.

Since captaincy is a non-factor for Pakistan right now, the best solution is to appoint your best and most consistent player and your biggest star and icon as captain because he won’t find himself in a position where he is amongst the weakest performers in the team, his place is under threat and he loses respect in the dressing room.

I advocate for Babar to return as captain not because I think he is going to uproot any trees. He didn’t do it the first time and he won’t do it this time either. I advocate for him because it makes the most logical sense as far as I am concerned when you look at Pakistan cricket from a holistic point of view.

You and others didn’t drive me out of any thread and neither can you.

You started avoiding me in the Arsenal threads because you couldn’t debate with me and avoidance was your best course of action. You are so flustered that you still reference me like you did in the Man City vs Arsenal predictions thread and you reply to me without quoting me because you don’t want me to notice your response and expose your arguments.

People who are scared to debate you put you on ignore list because they want to hide from you. I never have and never will put anyone on my ignore list because I don’t need to hide from anyone because I know that I can handle anyone in a discourse.

@PakEngFan when is Pakistan’s next Ashes series v Zimbabwe?

Babar Ponting v Madhavere Vaughan 🔥
Need to select Imad Wasim too so that his bowling average in ODIs drops below 40 and his batting average in T20Is goes above 15.

Need to select Imad Wasim too so that his bowling average in ODIs drops below 40 and his batting average in T20Is goes above 15.
Na Imad will retire and make big bucks whilst Pakistan plays its charity ashes v Zimbabwe…and then PCB will beg him to come back before the big tournament. That’s how he rolls.

You do realize that makes no sense.

You are the one claiming that Babar is leagues better than Imad. So Imad, bashing Zimbabwe would be pretty much bang on target.

However, the fact that you can't deny that Babar will bash Zimbabwe to improve his average proves that you know that Babar is a minnow basher.

As per you, there is no comparision between Babar and Imad, yet you continue to compare the two.

Wonder why?

I'm 22 turning 23, thanks, misbah as a test captain wasn't bad, but he wasn't just a test captain. He's also an odi captain, and we need to judge him based of his overall stint.

I've put him > Babar since misbah became no 1 in test whole facing test teams while babar achieved no 1 in odi due to c string bashing.

But their performances in cups is a vital point to make said decision.

Read my comment above, I rated them based of overall skill, sarfraz winning ct 2017 and Yk winning in 2009 aka 2 icc cups by default makes them superior to misbah and Babar as captains.

I can’t wait for the epic battles between Richard Ngrava and Blessing Muzrabani v Babar Azam. It will be a throwback to the times when guys like Steve Waugh had epic battles against Curtley Ambrose and Courtney Walsh.

The battle of our lifetime!

You do realize that makes no sense.

You are the one claiming that Babar is leagues better than Imad. So Imad, bashing Zimbabwe would be pretty much bang on target.

However, the fact that you can't deny that Babar will bash Zimbabwe to improve his average proves that you know that Babar is a minnow basher.

As per you, there is no comparision between Babar and Imad, yet you continue to compare the two.

Wonder why?
No, my point is that average players like Imad needs series vs Zimbabwe more than world class players like Babar because no one is a bigger minnow basher than a spinner who averages 60 vs the top sides.

Babar, like every other world class player, will score runs if a weak team comes to town because that is what you are supposed to do. He cannot fail vs Zimbabwe to satisfy his haters.

Meanwhile, can you please respond to post #557?

I don’t know why I have to keep nudging you to defend your argument that trophies are the only thing that matters. If you have backed yourself into a corner and don’t want to continue that debate, that is fine but I don’t expect you to play the running game like others because I rate you highly as a poster.

I can’t wait for the epic battles between Richard Ngrava and Blessing Muzrabani v Babar Azam. It will be a throwback to the times when guys like Steve Waugh had epic battles against Curtley Ambrose and Courtney Walsh.

The battle of our lifetime!

Don't underestimate Muzrabani and Zimbabwe. They can beat us if we dont have Babar. This is what he did to our power hitters, including Fakhar, in the last super over we faced. We managed to score just 2 runs.

It was only due to our Babar Sher's century that we even managed to get to the super over.

Don't underestimate Muzrabani and Zimbabwe. They can beat us if we dont have Babar. This is what he did to our power hitters, including Fakhar, in the last super over we faced. We managed to score just 2 runs.

It was only due to our Babar Sher's century that we even managed to get to the super over.
This is the level where Babar’s inner Kohli comes out!

This is the level where Babar’s inner Kohli comes out!

If he wasn't there, we would've been at a level where many of us would have given up watching cricket. Reality is teams like Zimbabwe can beat us without Babar

No, my point is that average players like Imad needs series vs Zimbabwe more than world class players like Babar because no one is a bigger minnow basher than a spinner who averages 60 vs the top sides.

Babar, like every other world class player, will score runs if a weak team comes to town because that is what you are supposed to do. He cannot fail vs Zimbabwe to satisfy his haters.

Meanwhile, can you please respond to post #557?

I don’t know why I have to keep nudging you to defend your argument that trophies are the only thing that matters. If you have backed yourself into a corner and don’t want to continue that debate, that is fine but I don’t expect you to play the running game like

I think I have explained myself quite well that consistency means nothing without showing some sort of silverware in the cabinet.

Did you know Marcelo Rios of Chile was a very consistent ATP tour player who played from 1994 to 2004 and reached number 1 ranking in 1998 after losing Australian Open final. He regularly made the 4th round and QF of Grand Slams but has no Major championship to his name.

Do you think anyone knows who Marcelo Rios is on this forum? How many?

Another example. People are more likely to remember Goran Ivanisevic who Wimbledon once than Tim Henman who tried multiple times but failed to win Wimbledon despite Henman having better consistency than Goran Ivanisevic in reaching semi finals and quarter finals.

However if I mention the name Federer, Sampras, Djokovic even those who don't follow tennis know that these players are number 1 in the world at some point. That's because not only were they consistent but they also won Grand Slams.

Consistency matters, but not at the cost of championships.

You can be consistent all you want but if you don't have a championship people are unlikely to remember you unless you are an ATG like Lara.

Now if you still insist that consistency is an important trait and championships are secondary, you are free to form your own opinion, but this post will show everyone what I mean by Marcelo Rios, Goran Ivanisevic, Tim Henman, Federer, and Sampras and they can form their own opinions about who is making sense or not.

Addendum: The only reason I replied is to show others how far off the wavelength you are in your assertion that championships don't matter as long as you are consistent.

If he wasn't there, we would've been at a level where many of us would have given up watching cricket. Reality is teams like Zimbabwe can beat us without Babar
Well, this is basically a result of never actually trying to reach a level where you do not allow these teams to come close.

This happens when you make strategies such as:

1. Open with Imam and Shafique, reach 50-0 in the first 10 overs of a powerplay on a flat road like Haiderabad.

2. Then up the ante slightly and get to 110 by 20 overs.

3. Bat a little longer and take it to 160 by 30 overs.

4. Have plenty of wickets in hand and get a score of 300-320 agains every kind of team you face.

Your team is flawed. Your strategy is flawed. Your cricket is outdated and you don’t even want to try and upgrade it. So enjoy this product. And don’t progress either! Let Babar be your captain because he is the face of your country

I don’t need credibility certificates from someone who thinks it is justifiable to appoint the worst Test batsman in Pakistan’s history as captain, and that Imad’s 25 in 21 in the CT final with just two boundaries and 7 runs of the last 10 balls was a blockbuster innings that took the game away from India.

It wasn't a showcase innings but at least I'm not going to act like the hundred against Nepal was one

If Babar is a loser, then 90% of the players who have ever played for Pakistan are losers because he is better than 90% of the hundreds of players who have represented Pakistan at the international level.

There is no hope for such an intellectually bankrupt and deluded fanbase that considers a high class batsman like Babar a “loser”.

Since you're finding it so difficult to comprehend something so simple, I'll repeat myself.

Other than Misbah, Babar has had the most opportunities to win something for Pakistan in the last 15 years however not only has he failed in every attempt, he failed as U19 captain and has yet to win the PSL.

Captaincy is one of those things, you're either have it or you don't. You can't make an uneducated individual with a low cricketing IQ become a tactical genius nor can you make a beta male a leader of a team. The bottom line is Babar has nothing going for him as captain.

How difficult is this for you to understand?

Winning ICC tournaments is not the be all and end all as I have explained to Dr_Bassim above in multiple posts.

Oh yes we can all discuss his failures outside ICC tournaments. Let's start with those home test series that Pakistan lost against England and Australia. I mean will you be honest enough to admit who was behind those bowling graveyards?

I advocate for Babar to return as captain not because I think he is going to uproot any trees. He didn’t do it the first time and he won’t do it this time either. I advocate for him because it makes the most logical sense as far as I am concerned when you look at Pakistan cricket from a holistic point of view.

Have you heard the saying "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"?

One thing I do realize when reading this forum - many seem to overestimate how good we actually are.

Whomever is captain, the team still is a middle of the pack team. We have a good team when it plays it's best, but not a great team.

The selections of Imad and Amir (if they play at their best which remains to be seen) and if Naseem, Shadab and Shaheen all get back to form, if all that happens magically at the same time, then we are a contender for the T20 cup.

We need a lot of things to go right, and the captain being Babar or SSA won't change that, in my opinion.

Well, this is basically a result of never actually trying to reach a level where you do not allow these teams to come close.

This happens when you make strategies such as:

1. Open with Imam and Shafique, reach 50-0 in the first 10 overs of a powerplay on a flat road like Haiderabad.

2. Then up the ante slightly and get to 110 by 20 overs.

3. Bat a little longer and take it to 160 by 30 overs.

4. Have plenty of wickets in hand and get a score of 300-320 agains every kind of team you face.

Your team is flawed. Your strategy is flawed. Your cricket is outdated and you don’t even want to try and upgrade it. So enjoy this product. And don’t progress either! Let Babar be your captain because he is the face of your country

The strategy is only as good as the players that can implement them. And Babar is the face of the country because he is the BEST in the country. He's average looking, speaks like a dud, doesn't have much charisma, isn't flashy, doesn't even have great hair but his BATTING SKILLS are unmatched in the country. Any lay person can see this. Once we get a better bat, we can make him the face of our cricket.

One thing I do realize when reading this forum - many seem to overestimate how good we actually are.

Whomever is captain, the team still is a middle of the pack team. We have a good team when it plays it's best, but not a great team.

The selections of Imad and Amir (if they play at their best which remains to be seen) and if Naseem, Shadab and Shaheen all get back to form, if all that happens magically at the same time, then we are a contender for the T20 cup.

We need a lot of things to go right, and the captain being Babar or SSA won't change that, in my opinion.

That is what most of us believe.

It's the Babar cult who believes that Babar just has to show up and the title is in the bag.

They also insist that the additions of Imad and Amir are poor and that Babar single handedly will do better as captain and player and that these two will do nothing to help Pakistan win.

The strategy is only as good as the players that can implement them. And Babar is the face of the country because he is the BEST in the country. He's average looking, speaks like a dud, doesn't have much charisma, isn't flashy, doesn't even have great hair but his BATTING SKILLS are unmatched in the country. Any lay person can see this. Once we get a better bat, we can make him the face of our cricket.

I am going to restrict this for T20 only.

To be honest, Babar is the least of our worries as a player in T20s.

Babar can still hold his own at number 3 and form an anchor around which rest of the batting can throw their bat.

However, the three major issues with Babar are:

1. His personal favorites

2. His captaincy

3. His inability to read the game and often letting the RRR climb before it becomes untenable.

With all these issues, he still finds some sort of place in the T20 side.

Rizwan is a bigger problem than Babar at least in T20 because he insists on opening and playing at his own pace and there seems to be no other place he can hide besides as an opener.

However, there is a whole gang out there who think Rizwan is the best batsmen ever so they are in for a teary eyed performance from Rizwan again.

That is what most of us believe.

It's the Babar cult who believes that Babar just has to show up and the title is in the bag.

They also insist that the additions of Imad and Amir are poor and that Babar single handedly will do better as captain and player and that these two will do nothing to help Pakistan win.

Not really. Most Babar fans know the reality of how mediocre our team is and that including Babar makes it stronger. No team has their name written on a trophy and as another poster mentioned Pakistan have never been outright favourites to win any recent trophy. Since that is the case, where do you come from saying that Babar is a loser because because he didn't win? You continously call him a loser and define winners as those that win trophies. That's your flawed logic. Babar fans know we punch above our weight when we reach knockouts on a consistent basis.

I am going to restrict this for T20 only.

To be honest, Babar is the least of our worries as a player in T20s.

Babar can still hold his own at number 3 and form an anchor around which rest of the batting can throw their bat.

However, the three major issues with Babar are:

1. His personal favorites

2. His captaincy

3. His inability to read the game and often letting the RRR climb before it becomes untenable.

With all these issues, he still finds some sort of place in the T20 side.

Rizwan is a bigger problem than Babar at least in T20 because he insists on opening and playing at his own pace and there seems to be no other place he can hide besides as an opener.

However, there is a whole gang out there who think Rizwan is the best batsmen ever so they are in for a teary eyed performance from Rizwan again.

First Babar now Riz.

Can you name any wicket keeper batter in Pakistan that is better than Riz?

Are you being sarcastic here?

Zimbabwe isn't beating us unless they play is on Australian pitches, in thay case they can probably win atleast 2 games in a 5 match t20 against us at full strength.

But our b team crushes Zimbabwe lol, we can send the same team we sent during emerging Acc cup which would be our c team or the team that played against Afghanistan under shadab which would be our b team.

We'd whoop them. You're kinda pushing it by bringing Zimbabwe into it. Afghanistan makes sense, so does Sri lanka and heck maybe even Nedtherlands but Zimbabwe? I don't think you know how weak they are. Rn Canada has a shot on genuinely humiliating them.

First Babar now Riz.

Can you name any wicket keeper batter in Pakistan that is better than Riz?
The reason why that's an unfair analogy is because rizwan is a full timer, while others haven't had a chance. Go back to 2015 and see how rizzu use to play when he made his debut.

It's tough comparing keepers who've never been given a long rope in international to keepers who have.

But I will agree, Rozwan is better then haris and azam Khan. Haris if given a long rope wouldn't be better since he's a hack, he's not like saim who you can invest in because saim has proper strokes.

And Azam Hahahahahahaha.

If Usman Khan is given a rope, then we'll see. Assuming their fair and give him an equally long rope to rizwan, then a comparison can be made.

Are you being sarcastic here?

Zimbabwe isn't beating us unless they play is on Australian pitches, in thay case they can probably win atleast 2 games in a 5 match t20 against us at full strength.

But our b team crushes Zimbabwe lol, we can send the same team we sent during emerging Acc cup which would be our c team or the team that played against Afghanistan under shadab which would be our b team.

We'd whoop them. You're kinda pushing it by bringing Zimbabwe into it. Afghanistan makes sense, so does Sri lanka and heck maybe even Nedtherlands but Zimbabwe? I don't think you know how weak they are. Rn Canada has a shot on genuinely humiliating them.

Totally serious. Zimbabwe did beat us, please see the video in post 582. This wasn't an Australian pitch, it was at home in Pindi.

If it wasn't for Babar's century, we wouldn't even have made it to the super over

Totally serious. Zimbabwe did beat us, please see the video in post 582. This wasn't an Australian pitch, it was at home in Pindi.

If it wasn't for Babar's century, we wouldn't even have made it to the super over
Which match was it? Do you remember? I'll watch the highlights on youtube

Edit: I'll check post 582.

In T20's wasting time as an opener?

Even Haris would do better because he would hit 20 off 5 balls and get out and not stall the innings.

Or Haris could be out for zero and then our coming players would waste balls trying to settle in. This is more realistic than Haris hitting 20 off 5. And even if he does it wouldn't be often enough.

I'd rather Rizwan take his 2 overs to assess the pitch and conditions, not give a wicket in the PP so that he can set up the rest of the team to go ballistic. He does this fairly often and is an approach we can build a strategy around.

Ik this is offtopic, but when you said average looking, speaks like a dud, doesn't even have great hair, I laughed for 2 mins straight.

😂😂. Zindabad buddy. ❤️❤️

Wow, tbh I don't remember this match but we're even bigger losers then I thought.

@daytrader thanks for the video.

We are shambles bro. Believe me Rizbar is the only reason we haven't been fully exposed yet.

Your POTW actually gives me hope that you'll see this fact one day. You're thinking about the bigger problems which Pakistan cricket has many of. If we had a professional board as the ACB, we would be much more competitive.

Ik this is offtopic, but when you said average looking, speaks like a dud, doesn't even have great hair, I laughed for 2 mins straight.

😂😂. Zindabad buddy. ❤️❤️

Hahaha I'm glad you liked it. Was totally spontaneous. Us Babar fans arent all that bitter. Just trying to say that Babar is a star only because of his batting

We are shambles bro. Believe me Rizbar is the only reason we haven't been fully exposed yet.

Your POTW actually gives me hope that you'll see this fact one day. You're thinking about the bigger problems which Pakistan cricket has many of. If we had a professional board as the ACB, we would be much more competitive.
To be completely fair, our 2024 team is stronger then our 2023 team.

The main issue is the tournament structure. In 2022 all we had to do to reach sf was come top 2 in a group composed of India, SA, Nedtherlands, Bangladesh and Zimbabwe.

Sa can be dealt with if we bat first since they suck as chasing. ZIM was a shock, but we beat Nedtherlands as expected and Bangladesh too.

In 2022 we didn't have to deal with Australia, England, Afghanistan or NZ in group stages.

That isn't the case this time as in super 8's we're only lucky to avoid India, but otherwise we face everyone from B1 all the way to D2. It isn't ideal for us.

Secondly the pitches are slow and we don't have spin options. Usama mir coming first in psl doesn't give me hope, abrar might be useful though if we select him, he has variation.

BTW, I take back what i said about fakhar in a super over. I love fakhar but after seeing this video yeah no thanks 😂😂😂. Allah khair karei.

Why on earth would misbah send khusdil and chacha 💀.

I'm assuming this match took place 2020/2021. Since khusdil is playing

Why on earth would misbah send khusdil and chacha

Now this is valid criticism of Misbah! To be fair, they were our power hitters and like everyone thinks, it's best to send power hitters in the Super over. However he should've sent the guy who hit a century in the match as Babar would've been most familiar with the conditions.

Babar guided Pakistan to a T20 World Cup final. That is a bigger achievement than winning 10 PSLs as captain.
Afridi and YK let T20 World Cup in 2009 and Misbah let us in T20 final means they all are better than Babar.

No point to get over-excited with Babar's form. We all know Babar always performs in leagues plus weak teams but badly exposed against top teams just like 2023 World Cup.
Why PCB treats him so special is beyond my imagination. As a captain he didn't bring a single cup or win against big teams in test in 5 years. Why PCB thinks he will win a cup in next few years?

Neither Afridi nor Babar are captain material but serial chokers in big matches. Babar shouldn't be overhyped by his father just like Umar over-hyped by Kamran. Babar is an average batsman who can only perform against weak teams or matches without pressure. His form will be gone when he will face Aus/Eng/NZ/Ind main teams.

Forgot to mention if Babar becomes captain he will have full authority for team selection means he will select Nawaz over Imad, Hasan over Amir and bench Usman. He is way too stubborn and didn't learn anything from past.

Forgot to mention if Babar becomes captain he will have full authority for team selection means he will select Nawaz over Imad, Hasan over Amir and bench Usman. He is way too stubborn and didn't learn anything from past.
He already has ben announced as the new white-ball format captain.

Under Babar here is our goat team 😭😭.

1) Babar
2) Rizwan
3) Saim
4) Fakhar
5) Shadab
6) Chacha
7) Nawaz
8) Usama
9) Shaheen
10) Hasan ali
11) Ali/ Rauf

He already has ben announced as the new white-ball format captain.

Not yet!!! Monday

So Babar did turn out to be selfish and shameless in the end.

I think I have explained myself quite well that consistency means nothing without showing some sort of silverware in the cabinet.

Did you know Marcelo Rios of Chile was a very consistent ATP tour player who played from 1994 to 2004 and reached number 1 ranking in 1998 after losing Australian Open final. He regularly made the 4th round and QF of Grand Slams but has no Major championship to his name.

Do you think anyone knows who Marcelo Rios is on this forum? How many?

Another example. People are more likely to remember Goran Ivanisevic who Wimbledon once than Tim Henman who tried multiple times but failed to win Wimbledon despite Henman having better consistency than Goran Ivanisevic in reaching semi finals and quarter finals.

However if I mention the name Federer, Sampras, Djokovic even those who don't follow tennis know that these players are number 1 in the world at some point. That's because not only were they consistent but they also won Grand Slams.

Consistency matters, but not at the cost of championships.

You can be consistent all you want but if you don't have a championship people are unlikely to remember you unless you are an ATG like Lara.

Now if you still insist that consistency is an important trait and championships are secondary, you are free to form your own opinion, but this post will show everyone what I mean by Marcelo Rios, Goran Ivanisevic, Tim Henman, Federer, and Sampras and they can form their own opinions about who is making sense or not.

Addendum: The only reason I replied is to show others how far off the wavelength you are in your assertion that championships don't matter as long as you are consistent.
You haven’t explained yourself. You are not responding to the specific examples that I have raised and you are quoting irrelevant examples from other sports that have a different context.

I’m sorry to say this but you are running away from your own argument because you didn’t expect me to corner you with the example of West Indies.

You are avoiding your own argument because deep down, you realize that you cannot claim that West Indies from 2004 to 2016 was more successful than South Africa in that period.

This particular example completely negates your argument.

With all due respect, your examples of tennis players is bad because tournaments are the only thing that tennis players play in.

However, in cricket, 80% of the matches that are played in international cricket are not tournaments.

So back to babar picking his friends and having brain fade in all the key moments

Can’t find anything official as of yet, but I’m pretty sure the likes of @Mamoon and others are trembling in fear right now, they’re doing bhangra before the official announcement and it’ll be a pie on the face if he doesn’t take the captaincy. Reputations of a few posters are on stake.
Sorry for ending your career like this.

He won’t have the last laugh brother

Just wait and watch.
I will always have the last laugh. Never forget this reality before taking me on.

Many before have come and gone after learning this harsh lesson and people had it coming for not toeing the line.

I will always have the last laugh. Never forget this reality before taking me on.

Many before have come and gone after learning this harsh lesson and people had it coming for not toeing the line.
No. We will have the last laugh

Remember I told you that I am sincerely praying in Ramadhan for Babar to be reappointed as captain for your sake.

Well here it is. Now stay around.

You haven’t explained yourself. You are not responding to the specific examples that I have raised and you are quoting irrelevant examples from other sports that have a different context.

I’m sorry to say this but you are running away from your own argument because you didn’t expect me to corner you with the example of West Indies.

You are avoiding your own argument because deep down, you realize that you cannot claim that West Indies from 2004 to 2016 was more successful than South Africa in that period.

This particular example completely negates your argument.

With all due respect, your examples of tennis players is complete nonsense because tournaments are the only thing that tennis players play in.

However, in cricket, 80% of the matches that are played in international cricket are not tournaments.

Mamoon, I honestly think you are out of your depth on this one.

If you dont follow tennis, then you cant just pretend you know the sport and try to conjure up answers that have no relevance to the actual sport.

.Yes, tennis players play tournaments but no one cares what happened in Miami International or Rome Masters. No one even remembers who won that event a year later.

Grand Slams in Tennis are like the Holy Grail of Tennis just like World Cups are Holy Grail of Cricket. The entire reason Simon Halep of WTA was criticized was because she ranked an entire year as number 1 without winning a Slam of tennis as it was strange to ses someone ranked one without any Open Era Grand Slam.

Now coming to your original point about cricket since you cant comprehend any good examples I gave you but insist about directly trying to prove to you that West Indies team was better than South African team.

You argue about West Indies but you yourself prove that the West Indies team won 3 tournaments and thats why its remembered.
They didnt do much in between, I agree. But how are they remembered by you, me and other fans? As champions.

How is South Africa remembered despite being consistent as hell? As the team who choked and couldnt make it. No one rememebers how good they were in between except maybe die hard cricket fans.

For the average Joe, Windies revived to prove that they still have it in T20. To this day people still fear that one of their hitters will take the game away.

No one fears South African team or their little 11 men.

For the last time consistency is useless if its not accomapnied by silverware.

Just admit that you were wrong that tournaments dont matter and consistency is more important as Trophies are what EVERY SPORT IS ABOUT.

I am not going to keep flogging a dead horse because you clearly have a warped idea about how a consistent player like Amla is better than a tournament winning one like Inzimam.

Good luck.

Exactly!!!! S Africa is always consistent in performance but as a team they so insignificant in World Cups. Everyone knows they will fail in semi even if they play against Singapore.

WI despite a poor team still far better than Pakistan because of their aggressive approach and add more values in World Cups unlike us.

We will loose to India 10/10 and 9/10 in World Cups.

Back to Paindu answers to questions, clueless captaincy decisions regarding field placings, bowling changes and incompetent badniyat selections ie tuu mera match winner hai.

Mamoon, I honestly think you are out of your depth on this one.

If you dont follow tennis, then you cant just pretend you know the sport and try to conjure up answers that have no relevance to the actual sport.

.Yes, tennis players play tournaments but no one cares what happened in Miami International or Rome Masters. No one even remembers who won that event a year later.

Grand Slams in Tennis are like the Holy Grail of Tennis just like World Cups are Holy Grail of Cricket. The entire reason Simon Halep of WTA was criticized was because she ranked an entire year as number 1 without winning a Slam of tennis as it was strange to ses someone ranked one without any Open Era Grand Slam.

Now coming to your original point about cricket since you cant comprehend any good examples I gave you but insist about directly trying to prove to you that West Indies team was better than South African team.

You argue about West Indies but you yourself prove that the West Indies team won 3 tournaments and thats why its remembered.
They didnt do much in between, I agree. But how are they remembered by you, me and other fans? As champions.

How is South Africa remembered despite being consistent as hell? As the team who choked and couldnt make it. No one rememebers how good they were in between except maybe die hard cricket fans.

For the average Joe, Windies revived to prove that they still have it in T20. To this day people still fear that one of their hitters will take the game away.

No one fears South African team or their little 11 men.

For the last time consistency is useless if its not accomapnied by silverware.

Just admit that you were wrong that tournaments dont matter and consistency is more important as Trophies are what EVERY SPORT IS ABOUT.

I am not going to keep flogging a dead horse because you clearly have a warped idea about how a consistent player like Amla is better than a tournament winning one like Inzimam.

Good luck.
You are digging harder than a Caterpillar excavator and if I wasn’t fasting, I would be having my tea at this and I would have spilled it all over my clothes at the sight of you stating that I am out of my depth when you are the one conjuring this laughable assertion that West Indies 2004-16 was more successful than South Africa in that period.

You clearly when over the top when you claimed that tournaments are the ONLY thing that matter in cricket because you can’t back that claim up without juxtaposing cricket with other sports that have a completely different nature and dynamic.

Your example of tennis is illogical because tennis does not operate outside a tournament environment. Therefore, as a tennis player, the only measure of your quality and subsequent success or failure is tied to your ability to win tournaments.

We are not debating which tournaments are important and which are not. Ergo, your comparison of a random ATP tournament with a Major would only make sense if we were debating whether, let’s say, a Champions Trophy in cricket is as important as a World Cup.

We are not talking about which cricket tournaments are important and which are not. We are talking about the fact that tournament results are not the only measure of success in cricket because every cricket team in the world would approximately play 80% of its cricket outside tournaments and ergo, you cannot judge them on tournament results only.

This can easily proved by quoting examples of West Indies, South Africa and India in recent years.

West Indies won 3 tournaments in a period of 12 years but they were absolutely not better than South Africa in that period.

West Indies are not remembered for being a tournament winning team in that period. Those tournament wins did nothing to change their perception of being a weak side that has been in perpetual decline since the mid 90’s.

Why? Because outside those three tournament wins, they were punching bags. When you are a punching bag in 80% of the matches that you play, your perception and reputation would not changed based on a few tournament wins.

India have not won any tournament from 2014 to 2024, but this decade of Indian cricket is still far more successful, memorable and impactful than West Indies 2004-2016 period because of the consistent wins produced by India home and away across all formats.

Every single cricket fan would choose India 2014-2024 over West Indies 2004-2016 including yourself in spite of your feeble argument that if you don’t win tournaments everything else has no relevance.

I will give you an example that is closer to home: who had a better decade, who was stronger, who enjoyed a better reputation, who was more admired and who was perceived to be more successful ——— Pakistan 2009-2019 or India 2014-2024?

The answer to this question is extremely easy. It is India and because of the reasons outlined above.

Pakistan won two tournaments between that period while India have won 0 tournaments in this period, but India were still far more successful and enjoyed the reputation of being a powerful team because Pakistan 2009-2019 is nowhere near 2014-2024 India in terms of consistent performances across all formats.

Winning tournaments in cricket elevates your career but it doesn’t renders everything outside the tournament environment as useless because, as explained above, every team is going to play approximately 80% of its matches outside tournament environment.

Your assertion would only make sense and have any value if all bilateral cricket is scrapped and teams only play tournament. Then, like tennis and golf, you are only to gauge success and failure by number of tournaments won.

Babar Azam Stats as a Captain.

First Captain in the History of Pakistan who lost 6 Tournaments out of 6 .
Never Won any Major Trophy..❌
Lost 6 Major Tournaments
Lost the T20 Worldcup 2021
Lost the T20 Worldcup 2022
Lost the Asia Cup 2022.
Lost the Asia Cup 2023
Lost the One ICC Test Championship.
Lost ODI Worldcup 2023 .
Pakistan has lost five matches for the first time in the history of World Cup.
In Asia Cup 2023 ,In Super 4 Stage Pakistan ended at last spot their worst position ever in Asia Cup history !
The first time in World Cup history that Pakistan has lost four matches in a row. (Worldcup 2023 ).

Pakistan defending 270+ in world Cups
Before Babar azam Captaincy
1975 - 2019 (15 Matches - 14 wins - 1 Defeat )
Under Babar Azam Captaincy
2023 (3 Matches - 1 Win - 2 Defeats )

After 1999, Pakistan First time lost the Match against South Africa in Worldcup .

First time Lost the Match against Zimbabwe in Worldcup .
First time Lost the Match against Afghanistan in an ODI and Worldcup.
Lost the Match against Zimbabwe in T20 Series in Zimbabwe.
Lost the T20 series against Australia in Australia.
Lost the T20 Series against Australia B team in Pakistan.
Lost the Test Series against Australia in Pakistan.
Lost 4 Home Tests in a Row for the first time in the history of pakistan.
White Washed against England B team in ODI .
White Washed against England in test .
Lost the T20 Series against England in England.
Lost the T20 series against England in Pakistan.
Lost the test match against 8 ranked team West Indies and level the series .
Lost the test match against 7th ranked team Sri Lanka and level the series .
Lost the ODI Series against Newzealand in Pakistan..
Level the T20 series against Newzealand B team in Pakistan!
Pakistan's heaviest ODI World Cup defeat against india in terms of overs left . India won by 7 wickets with 117 balls(19.3 overs ) to spare.

First Captain in the History of PSL Who Lost 9 Matches out of 10 .
First Captain in the History of PSL Who lose the Match twice after scoring 240+ ..

Before Babar Azam Captaincy Pakistan was number 1 team in T20 Ranking and Now Pakistan is 5th Rank team in T20 .

Despite playing 52 matches in ICC events (including Asia cup), Babar Azam has only received one man of the match award.

Most matches captained for Pakistan:
Imran Khan 187
Misbah-ul-Haq 151
Babar Azam 134
Wasim Akram 134

You are saying that he is Still learning after 134 Matches ?
Pakistan Azam mostly wins against B or C teams !

When Babar azam became the Captain.
Pakistan team position at that time
Odi (5th position)
Test (6th position)
T20 ( 1st position)

When Babar Azam Leave the Captaincy :
Pakistan team position at that time
Odi (4th position )
Test (6th position )
T20 (5th position)

Team Ranking improvement under Babar azam Captaincy within 4 years )
ODI (5th => 4th) (Only +1 Ranking improvement)
Test (6th => 6th ) ( No improvement in Ranking )
T20 (1st = 5th ) (- 4 Ranking Decline)

▪︎Pakistan's Win Ratio in Last 4 Editions of ICC ODI World Cup ~
• WC 2011 : 71 % ( Capt : Afridi )
• WC 2015 : 57 % ( Capt : Misbah )
• WC 2019 : 63 % ( Capt : Saifi )
• WC 2023 : 44 % ( Capt : Babar )

Figures show that WC 23 was the worst campaign Team Pakistan had in last 4 Editions despite having No.1 Ranked Team , Batter and Bowler ~( We all know that Pakistan won mostly matches against B or C team Under Babar azam Captaincy)

Dunya Trophies jeetnay walo ko yad rkhti hai jaisay Imran khan ,Younis khan , Sarfraz Ahmed !
In 3no nay trophies jeeti Hain jubhi inka name hai !
Bhalay worldcup may India say haar jao koi farq NH parhta lekin trophy jeet jao ,trophy important hai na k ak T20 worldcup may India ko harana or us k bad buri trha India say haartay rehna !

Same you will change your tune after 2026 T20 World Cups after we fail to win any of these trophies.

Babar failed to take us over the line in that match and in numerous other matches. Whereas Imad Wasim took us over the line and helped us avoid an embarrasing defeat against Afghanistan.

*Babar sees phone ringing, PCB official’s name on call*

Puts on his sunglasses with a smile of ecstasy. Picks up the call

Babar: Yes sir, when do I submit the 15 names for the squad for NZ and World Cup?”

PCB official: “Hain??? Bruv where are you? Kukul is beginning tomorrow!”

-Ik damm waqt badl diye jazbaat badl diye :ROFLMAO:
Hahahah. Poor you. May Allah make it easier for you and a couple of other posters in the last 10 days of Ramadan.

He only started watching cricket in 2019 bro. I can understand why he is genuinely searching for matches between Pakistan and Uganda to prove you wrong
Yet I still didn't recommend Asif Ali as a captain, you must have started watching cricket today if you came with that suggestion. As I said above Babar haters and Imad fans also can't read. It can't be a coincidence.

His father is the one who makes him selfish, arrogant and stubborn.
Don’t know about that

But I respect the fact that he publicly announced that he advised Babar to respect Amir and Imad as his seniors, and to respect their pov.

If only Babar’s dumb fans could understand this.

Back