PCB to ask ICC to shift the T20 World Cup to UAE from India if no visa granted for the Pakistan team

Thanks to Wasim Khan, the PSL debacle has ensured that PCB has lost whatever Mickey Mouse leverage it had.

Now the real question is, should a throughly unprofessional, incompetent and clueless board like PCB be allowed partake in the WT20 during this pandemic?

The players, management and officials will be vaccinated but they will still have to adhere to certain SOPs as an additional safety measure, and PCB is the last board in the world that you would trust to adhere to the guidelines.

PCB is a threat to the well-being of the cricket community. I believe ICC should put its foot down and bar Pakistan from competing in any multilateral events for now. Moreover, teams should also refuse to tour Pakistan for bilateral cricket.

It will not help because we are incapable of mending our ways, but the ICC still needs to play its part and teach PCB a lesson.

Yeah absolutely, BCCI should respond by asking a Guarantee from PCB about their team adhering to the SOPs and monetary consequence like fines etc should be built into this Guarantee which has to be signed and delivered by the PCB.

International Cricket Council’s (ICC) chief executive Manu Sawhney warned everyone that the World T20 slated to be held in India later this year might not go as planned because of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Heasked everyone to have faith in cricket’s governing body.

Sawhney said that the enormity of the whole procedure makes life difficult during these unprecedented times as it is very different from a bilateral series where there are only two teams involved, compared to the 16 taking part in the T20 World Cup.

“Getting 16 teams from different countries with their quarantine protocols, with their risk factors….getting them into the country, then making sure the tournament happens and making sure that the players can then get back to their respective countries,” is stated to be “enormous challenge” by Sawhney.

He paid importance to the fact the “in the case of risk mitigation, it is not a linear curve.” He added that there are complexities that the authorities are facing before coming to a conclusion.

The Pakistan Super League (PSL) which was postponed on Thursday by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) after seven people including players and staff tested positive for the coronavirus. PCB is now looking to hold the tournament at a later date.

Following that, Sawhney said that how India hostingthe Indian Premier League (IPL) will be a key factor in deciding and planning the World T20, which is set to be played in India in the months of October and November.

The ICC will be “learning from what is happening in the various T20 leagues, learning from what India is doing currently.” Praising BCCI,Sawhney said the international association will look forward to the Indian franchise to understand theprotocols that are needed to be followed in the T20 World Cup that is scheduled to be hosted later this year.

https://www.news18.com/cricketnext/...ans-warns-icc-chief-manu-sawhney-3512114.html

Yeah absolutely, BCCI should respond by asking a Guarantee from PCB about their team adhering to the SOPs and monetary consequence like fines etc should be built into this Guarantee which has to be signed and delivered by the PCB.

In that case it is not PCB's fault what has just happened in PSL. If it is PCB's fault then BCCI will be responsible for what every player and team does with regards to bio-secure bubble protocols etc.

Ultimately this is a global ICC tournament and no country should get hosting rights unless every team who has a right to play in the tournament is granted visas to do so. Nobody is saying BCCI are the government of India but if they cannot use their contacts and relations to guarantee the visas of all participating teams they should not host the tournament.

In that case it is not PCB's fault what has just happened in PSL. If it is PCB's fault then BCCI will be responsible for what every player and team does with regards to bio-secure bubble protocols etc.

Ultimately this is a global ICC tournament and no country should get hosting rights unless every team who has a right to play in the tournament is granted visas to do so. Nobody is saying BCCI are the government of India but if they cannot use their contacts and relations to guarantee the visas of all participating teams they should not host the tournament.

I am not sure how much PCB is at fault for PSL but they will receive this kind of counter demands from BCCI hawk if try to be overtly hawkish. More than the PSL , the bigger issue has been how they sent players to NZ without reliable tests and SOPs so much so that 8-9 members of the squad including premium players were found infected when they were tested in NZ.

I am not sure how much PCB is at fault for PSL but they will receive this kind of counter demands from BCCI hawk if try to be overtly hawkish. More than the PSL , the bigger issue has been how they sent players to NZ without reliable tests and SOPs so much so that 8-9 members of the squad including premium players were found infected when they were tested in NZ.

It's in best interest that two boards meet internally to sort these things out mutually. These kind of crowd pulling statements from Mani and top officials will only generate a counter reaction from BCCI which is surely not going to benefit PCB in any way. Ganguly is a right guy for PCB to setup a relationship, if it is Srini or Anurag Thakur, believe me they are masters in this kind of dirty game that Mani is trying his hand out.

Nothing hawkish about it. Pakistan has a right to participate in this tournament, India insisting on hosting rights so it is India's responsibility to ensure everyone who has a right to participate is able to do so. It is not a 'hawkish' demand - simply receiving what we are entitled to receive.

India will also have to take a long hard look at itself before it starts making specific demands to Pakistan about covid protocols as we have seen they have not exactly been masters in it themselves:

https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/vijay-hazare-trophy-three-players-test-positive-for-covid-19-7200141/

https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-five-indian-cricketers-under-fire-for-breaching-australias-covid-19-measures/a-56117693

Nothing hawkish about it. Pakistan has a right to participate in this tournament, India insisting on hosting rights so it is India's responsibility to ensure everyone who has a right to participate is able to do so. It is not a 'hawkish' demand - simply receiving what we are entitled to receive.

India will also have to take a long hard look at itself before it starts making specific demands to Pakistan about covid protocols as we have seen they have not exactly been masters in it themselves:

https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/vijay-hazare-trophy-three-players-test-positive-for-covid-19-7200141/

https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-five-indian-cricketers-under-fire-for-breaching-australias-covid-19-measures/a-56117693

Except indian, bcci and Indian government have NEVER said Pak players will not get visa. Pak players have NEVER been denied visa for a set tournament

So all this posturing is just the stupidest thing PCB can ever do its one a kid throwing antangrum without even knowing what's happening

Who said Pak players will not get visa? Did PCB dream up? Or just put some statements knowing the pak fan base will swallow anything?

Only the team is entitled to receive the visa. Mani is demanding that media and fans too get visa.

I really want to see, Mani trying to shift the T20 world cup to UAE.

Except indian, bcci and Indian government have NEVER said Pak players will not get visa. Pak players have NEVER been denied visa for a set tournament

So all this posturing is just the stupidest thing PCB can ever do its one a kid throwing antangrum without even knowing what's happening

Who said Pak players will not get visa? Did PCB dream up? Or just put some statements knowing the pak fan base will swallow anything?

Unless you have been living in a cave for the last few years you will know the situation is very different at the moment from what it has been previously - visas and also the security of the team are vital issues that need to be guaranteed.

Only the team is entitled to receive the visa. Mani is demanding that media and fans too get visa.

I really want to see, Mani trying to shift the T20 world cup to UAE.

I agree fans and media are not a huge issue - especially fans - given the pandemic. But there cannot be differential treatment of teams.

I agree fans and media are not a huge issue - especially fans - given the pandemic. But there cannot be differential treatment of teams.

There won't be if the situation remains what it is today. You need to understand Mani is taking you guys for a ride to distract from their mismanagement.

There won't be if the situation remains what it is today. You need to understand Mani is taking you guys for a ride to distract from their mismanagement.

The recent fiasco with PSL postponement is the first real taste of mismanagement and this was an issue before PSL so it is nothing to do with distraction from mismanagement.

There are obviously political tensions - the two countries almost went to war not too long ago and there are strong feelings amongst the populations on both sides and a nationalist government in India. These are the ground realities so it is perfectly right for PCB to ask for guarantees that their rights will be upheld.

The recent fiasco with PSL postponement is the first real taste of mismanagement and this was an issue before PSL so it is nothing to do with distraction from mismanagement.

There are obviously political tensions - the two countries almost went to war not too long ago and there are strong feelings amongst the populations on both sides and a nationalist government in India. These are the ground realities so it is perfectly right for PCB to ask for guarantees that their rights will be upheld.

According to news posted here, there were positive tests during PSL 5 playoffs and even SA tour. Then there was the covid fiasco in NZ.

Mani is proving to be extremely incompetent.

He has motives behind this "shift to uae" move. He knows he cant get it done. But he just wants to anger the BCCI. So that BCCI puts its foot down and says that India wont play in any ICC tournament in Pakistan.

So in case, Pakistan isnt awarded any tournaments in the next cycle, which is likely, he can blame Bcci rather than PCB's incompetence.

According to news posted here, there were positive tests during PSL 5 playoffs and even SA tour. Then there was the covid fiasco in NZ.

He has motives behind this "shift to uae" move. He knows he cant get it done. But he just wants to anger the BCCI. So that BCCI puts its foot down and says that India wont play in any ICC tournament in Pakistan.

So in case, Pakistan isnt awarded any tournaments in the next cycle, which is likely, he can blame Bcci rather than PCB's incompetence.

I dont see any stories here Why have the BCCI not granted the visas yet or given assurance? And if they are going to give one soon then again I cant see any story here.

Regarding Pakistan and PCB perspective I would be seeking assurance plus some more when it comes to anything with India. I remember telling my Indian friend I will try to attend your wedding but I cant make any grantees due to it being held in India. No surprises for getting I didnt get the visa in time.

I dont see any stories here Why have the BCCI not granted the visas yet or given assurance? And if they are going to give one soon then again I cant see any story here.

Regarding Pakistan and PCB perspective I would be seeking assurance plus some more when it comes to anything with India. I remember telling my Indian friend I will try to attend your wedding but I cant make any grantees due to it being held in India. No surprises for getting I didnt get the visa in time.

For individuals it's a challenge that I agree. Some of my colleagues could not travel to India because having Pakistani passport. Some did get the visa but its a coin toss and not much logic applied.

Yeah I think you are clutching at straws here a little bit. There was no issue at all with PSL 5 or SA tour - the first time there was any kind of issue was PSL 6 postponement. There was no need to distract from anything previously. You may have had a point if he had randomly come out with this stuff in the last few days but it has been a while.

If BCCI get angry then that is their issue - they can choose to ignore Mani if they so wish.

In terms of shifting to UAE - ICC will always have a backup venue if things go wrong e.g. if Covid situation means it is not possible to have in India. So the possibility of the World Cup being shifted to UAE is not impossible. It can happen if Covid situation means it has to or if the rights and entitlements of all participating teams are not guaranteed.

In terms of PCB not being awarded tournaments...again there is no expectation among the Pakistani people or public that this is going to happen so there really is nothing to gain from PCB 'distracting' or 'shifting blame' on this matter.

If Pakistan wants, it can decide to come to India for tournament or refuse. India will provide visa to players and support staff when time comes. However tournament will be hosted in India regardless.

India will be testing PCB members (and also all others) 5 times a day and any positive case will be sent back and possibly the whole team quarantined. No leniency to be expected here.

PCB will also be asked to book the whole hotel in every city at their own expense. No chavanni-kanjusi will be tolerated here like it happened in PSL.

We may have international fans in India if cases come down, especially from countries with less covid as well as security risk. Pakistan fans and media folks are unlikely to be given visas. PCB rants on this topic will just anger BCCI and Indian govt but it won’t change the situation. There’s nothing that ICC can do.

So the best scenario is for PCB to just send a good team and ensure members are covid free and disciplined. Each pak team member should enjoy the India and big-budget world cup experience, remain polite, hope to beat the host team to cement positions in the Pak team for the next 2 decades with a possibility to even become future Pak Prime Minister and go back with nice cheap Indian souvenirs.

The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has guaranteed that the Pakistani contingent will face no difficulties in the T20 World Cup.

As per reports, BCCI has assured the International Cricket Council (ICC) regarding visa issues.

This concern is raised by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Chairman Ehsan Mani regarding visa issues of Pakistani players, media personnel, and fans were addressed by the Indian cricket board.

“BCCI has written to the International Cricket Council (ICC) assuring them of no complications for the Pakistan contingent’s passage into India for the tournament in October-November,” the report stated.

Earlier, the chairman had requested to ICC to shift the tournament to United Arab Emirates (UAE), if India did not provide any written assurance to PCB regarding visa concerns.

“I have asked the ICC that we need written confirmation that our players, fans, and journalists, in particular, will be issued visas,” Mani had said. “ICC have assured us that we would get the confirmation by the end of this month as it’s our constitutional right.”

https://www.bolnews.com/sports/2021...ficulties-for-pakistan-team-in-t20-world-cup/

Confirmation on visa to fans can't be provided. Mani can cry how much he wants, can do all the arm twisting he can afford, the more he does these antics , his concerns over uncertainty of his national team getting visa loses credence and overall appeal gets diluted.

Indian government is also in an obligation to provide visa to Pakistani cricket team. If they can't facilitate that then they may face consequences infront of IOC.

Bcci has not granted visa or provided assurance to any other country. They will when time comes. Which consulate gives visa 7 months before travel date? Only PCB has been crying and whining without reason

Bcci has not granted visa or provided assurance to any other country. They will when time comes. Which consulate gives visa 7 months before travel date? Only PCB has been crying and whining without reason

India can’t commits visa to all Pakistan (or any other country) players even when they are not yet identified. Say one of them (not identified still) is found to have close relationship with a wanted terrorist hiding in Pakistan like Dawood Ibrahim (Javed Miandad?) or openly supported breakup of India on social media.

So the decision can only be made when the specific players and support staff is identified by Pakistan and they apply for visa. India (like every country) has a right to refuse visa to the specific person. However, in general all Pakistani players will get Indian visas for this tournament.

You mean to say IOC was crying and whining with no reason when they asked for written assurance about giving visa to Pakistani athletes well beyond 7 months into the future, and Indian government complied?

India can’t commits visa to all Pakistan (or any other country) players even when they are not yet identified. Say one of them (not identified still) is found to have close relationship with a wanted terrorist hiding in Pakistan like Dawood Ibrahim (Javed Miandad?) or openly supported breakup of India on social media.

So the decision can only be made when the specific players and support staff is identified by Pakistan and they apply for visa. India (like every country) has a right to refuse visa to the specific person. However, in general all Pakistani players will get Indian visas for this tournament.

You mean to say that when IOC asked Indian government for written assurance on giving visas to Pakistani athlstes many years down the road, and India government complied, that the Indian government knew about the Pakistani athletes that would want Pakistani visas for IOC events that would be held many years down the road?

The BCCI agreement with ICC and government of India's assurance to Olympic council only asks for visas for players.

And tbf that is absolutely right.

But Mani thinks he can demand and get visas for other pakistanis, he is delusional.

The BCCI agreement with ICC and government of India's assurance to Olympic council only asks for visas for players.

And tbf that is absolutely right.

But Mani thinks he can demand and get visas for other pakistanis, he is delusional.

Try to understand the Pakistani perspective. You can't have a situation a month or a few weeks into the tournament where the govt of India decides no visas for the Pakistani team, players and the tournament decides to proceed without the Pakistani team. Hence the demand of a visa guarantee and full proof security is justified.

Try to understand the Pakistani perspective. You can't have a situation a month or a few weeks into the tournament where the govt of India decides no visas for the Pakistani team, players and the tournament decides to proceed without the Pakistani team. Hence the demand of a visa guarantee and full proof security is justified.

India govt has told the Olympic council that no sports person qualified to participate in an event will be denied visa. The Indian govt doesn't deal with PCB nor will it entertain any of their shenegians.

Mani is trying to big himself and trying to show that he is taking on BCCI and India. He will not get anything on fan and journalists visa.

Now coming to a hypothetical situation,

Suppose India refuses visa to Pakistan. Will ICC shift the WC out of India and play the WC without the Indian team?

If forced to choose between India or Pakistan team, which team's participation will ICC choose?

I doubt Mani can get any event shifted out if India. Thats beyond him.

But he is making sure that pakistan wont get to host any ICC event anytime soon and he will then blame the BCCI, even though he is trying his best to provoke BCCI.

India govt has told the Olympic council that no sports person qualified to participate in an event will be denied visa. The Indian govt doesn't deal with PCB nor will it entertain any of their shenegians.

Mani is trying to big himself and trying to show that he is taking on BCCI and India. He will not get anything on fan and journalists visa.

Now coming to a hypothetical situation,

Suppose India refuses visa to Pakistan. Will ICC shift the WC out of India and play the WC without the Indian team?

If forced to choose between India or Pakistan team, which team's participation will ICC choose?

I doubt Mani can get any event shifted out if India. Thats beyond him.

But he is making sure that pakistan wont get to host any ICC event anytime soon and he will then blame the BCCI, even though he is trying his best to provoke BCCI.

Not sure how you can call it "shenanigans" when in the same paragraph you justify India doing the same thing with IOC. Clearly BCCI and GoI are thinking they can be hypocrites since they can't do sh*t to IOC but can strongarm PCB and/or ICC. Your own hypocrisy is quite clear. You are supporting GoI giving assurances to IOC since not doing so will result in India not hosting IOC events, while supporting GoI doing the same with ICC and/or PCB because they have more leverage over ICC. You are not talking with any principals, so spare the "shenanigans" ** or pretending that PCB is doing something wrong.

Just come out openly and say that India might deny visa to Pakistan players - PCB or ICC can do what they want.

Last edited:

PCB bosses can’t resist the urge to become mard-e-mujahid. They’ll conveniently ignore facts, legal opinions and power differential between Pakistan & India.

Najam Sethi did the same, sued BCCI and ended up paying millions of dollars to BCCI for legal costs.

Not sure how you can call it "shenanigans" when in the same paragraph you justify India doing the same thing with IOC. Clearly BCCI and GoI are thinking they can be hypocrites since they can't do sh*t to IOC but can strongarm PCB and/or ICC. Your own hypocrisy is quite clear. You are supporting GoI giving assurances to IOC since not doing so will result in India not hosting IOC events, while supporting GoI doing the same with ICC and/or PCB because they have more leverage over ICC. You are not talking with any principals, so spare the "shenanigans" ** or pretending that PCB is doing something wrong.

Just come out openly and say that India might deny visa to Pakistan players - PCB or ICC can do what they want.

IOC and ICC has been given same assurances.

PCB isnt ICC or IOC.

Mani is demanding visas for journalists and fans.Lol.

Yes shenegians, Mani has no power to shift the event out of India.

PCB bosses can’t resist the urge to become mard-e-mujahid. They’ll conveniently ignore facts, legal opinions and power differential between Pakistan & India.

Najam Sethi did the same, sued BCCI and ended up paying millions of dollars to BCCI for legal costs.

Mani knows he cant do ****. But he is trying to provoke BCCI, so that he can blame BCCI when Pakistan fails to get a Icc event in the next cycle.

Mani knows he cant do ****. But he is trying to provoke BCCI, so that he can blame BCCI when Pakistan fails to get a Icc event in the next cycle.

This is exactly what is happening. Delusional fans will praise his guts but the problem is that BCCI can see through the drama, so this tactic will backfire as usual.

IOC and ICC has been given same assurances.

PCB isnt ICC or IOC.

Mani is demanding visas for journalists and fans.Lol.

Yes shenegians, Mani has no power to shift the event out of India.

So you are saying PCB is right to ask for assurance for players (since IOC did that) but not for journalists and fans? If I understand it right. Otherwise your comments are making zero sense with contradictions and hypocrisy all over the place.

India is well within its rights to refuse visa to fans/journalists. They will not play cricket - the players will, and they will get the visa.

This is exactly what is happening. Delusional fans will praise his guts but the problem is that BCCI can see through the drama, so this tactic will backfire as usual.

Thing is ICC members know that any event in Pak has no guarantee of Indian participation. So even if Bcci doesn't say a word they will think a1000 times before awarding any event to Pakistan.

So you are saying PCB is right to ask for assurance for players (since IOC did that) but not for journalists and fans? If I understand it right. Otherwise your comments are making zero sense with contradictions and hypocrisy all over the place.

ICC has the right to ask that Bcci honour the agreement with Icc that includes visas for all participating teams.

Bcci has given that assurance for all teams by signing the agreement. PCB will not get any extra assurance beyond a signed agreement between Icc and BCCI.

Thing is ICC members know that any event in Pak has no guarantee of Indian participation. So even if Bcci doesn't say a word they will think a1000 times before awarding any event to Pakistan.

Mani is senile and deluded but even he has the intelligence to realize that Pakistan has as much of a chance of hosting an ICC even in the near future as Uganda.

This whole narrative of trying to coerce ICC to award them hosting rights is for domestic consumption only. It is aimed to win praise from the fans and also to deflect attention from the inept performance of the current PCB administration.

After the PSL debacle, we will see plenty of stunts from Mani and Wasim to divert attention make people forget about their sheer incompetence and weak leadership that sabotaged the PSL.

India is well within its rights to refuse visa to fans/journalists. They will not play cricket - the players will, and they will get the visa.
Yea BCCI is well within their rights but what about other Participated countries?
Are they gonna just block out people from your country just like in IPL and allow fans & journalist from every other country's?

Given curren circumstances, I don't see how a sane individual can ask for Visa for journalists and fans. Very likely there will be no spectators and entire broadcast will be managed virtually.

Given curren circumstances, I don't see how a sane individual can ask for Visa for journalists and fans. Very likely there will be no spectators and entire broadcast will be managed virtually.

Seems like PCB is just tryna score some brownie points here i mean they knew they are going to get the visa for player's anyway but they wanted to show some fake bravado by giving out threatening statements against bcci .
As in legal matters PCB has lose face in every possible manner.

Yea BCCI is well within their rights but what about other Participated countries?
Are they gonna just block out people from your country just like in IPL and allow fans & journalist from every other country's?

Yes they will do it and it is their right. India is under no obligation to entertain Pakistani fans and non-cricket personnel.

The players and the coaching staff/management will get visas. What is the problem?

Seems like PCB is just tryna score some brownie points here i mean they knew they are going to get the visa for player's anyway but they wanted to show some fake bravado by giving out threatening statements against bcci .
As in legal matters PCB has lose face in every possible manner.

Actually BCCI doing the right thing by ignoring all the nuisance by Mani. It's waste of time.

Yes they will do it and it is their right. India is under no obligation to entertain Pakistani fans and non-cricket personnel.

The players and the coaching staff/management will get visas. What is the problem?

Hmm but don't you think it gonna contradict BCCI own statements over the year's that it's not them who are against inviting Pakistan team or their commentators etc but Government of India decision to not allow them.
And now that Govt has given a go and the relationship is slowly but gradually moving into the right direction .
Soo it will just proves that BCCI Hate PCB here .
& The problem is BCCI more than the GOI

Hmm but don't you think it gonna contradict BCCI own statements over the year's that it's not them who are against inviting Pakistan team or their commentators etc but Government of India decision to not allow them.
And now that Govt has given a go and the relationship is slowly but gradually moving into the right direction .
Soo it will just proves that BCCI Hate PCB here .
& The problem is BCCI more than the GOI

BCCI does not have the authority to grant visas. The Indian Government does.

BCCI can only sponsor visas and they will do it for the Pakistani players and the management. The non-cricketing folks - fans, journalists etc. are not BCCI’s concern.

If the Indian Government grants them visa, well and good. However, it is not BCCI’s headache.

As far as the Indian Government is concern, will it be a good gesture to grant the fans and journalists visas? Sure, but people get their visas rejected frequently all over the world. It is considered normal and is not a moral/ethical/legal issue.

The problem now is that if the Indian government grants visas to the fans and journalists, Mani will thump his chest and tell everyone that his negotiating skills and diplomacy worked.

Mani is probably next going to International Court of Justice to sue BCCI for 100 million dollars for not giving written commitment on stamp paper that Pak players, support staff, fans, journalists and pets will get visa without any verification?

This will earn him a lot of brownie points within Pakistan.

All the chairmen of PCB have just one thing common. They just keep uttering rubbish regarding BCCI and hide or look dumb when a disaster happens in Pakistan Cricket. This Mani sent Wasim Khan to address the press confrence to hide himself but barks about BCCI. First he should get his house in order, cant run a domestic league properly and puts lives of several players at risk and wants assurance of visas to take some idiots along with players to create the same mess like PSL.

Actually BCCI doing the right thing by ignoring all the nuisance by Mani. It's waste of time.

No, actually "baraff pigalne lagi hai" , there are romours that a short t20 series might happen between the two countries after serious efforts between the two nations at govt. level from last one month. P.s. Check PM Modi' letter to PMIK on Pakistan day.

Last edited:
No, actually "baraff pigalne lagi hai" , there are romours that a short t20 series might happen between the two countries after serious efforts between the two nations at govt. level from last one month. P.s. Check PM Modi' letter to PMIK on Pakistan day.

Aapke mun'h mein ghee shakkar.

I hope it happens.

That letter was sent as diplomatic courtesy by the govt. Unless the govt announces something, i dont trust "media sources"

That will be great actually if it happens. Looks like the matters are in hands of Bajwa and Modi, Mani does not have much say anyways.

The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has assured the ICC that it will be able to get the visas for the Pakistan Cricket team to play the T20 World Cup in India. The 7th edition of the T20 World Cup is scheduled to be played in India later this year.

Due to the political tensions between the two countries, there were doubts if the Pakistan players would be granted visas. The BCCI is confident of getting the visas for the Men in Green.

As per The Times of India, the BCCI assured the apex body regarding the same during the quarterly meeting which took place today (April 1). India and Pakistan haven't played a bilateral series since 2012/13. 8 years back, the Men in Green had landed in India for a white-ball series. The two teams now only square off in ICC events and Asia Cup.

The BCCI's response to ICC comes after the PCB had sought a written assurance regarding visas for its players, fans, officials and journalists,

"There is a need to change the 'Big Three' mindset. We are not seeking written assurance for the visas of the national team only, but for the fans, officials and journalists as well," Ehsan Mani was quoted as saying by PTI in February.

"We have told the ICC that India should give written assurances by the end of March so that we know where we stand or we will push for the relocation of the World Cup from India to UAE."

The Pakistan cricket team was issued visas for the 2016 T20 World Cup. They haven't travelled to India since then.

The 2021 T20 World Cup will be played in October-November. It's for the second time that India will host the tournament. In 2016, West Indies' Men's and Women's cricket team had won the T20 tournament.

https://www.timesnownews.com/sports...d-cup-in-india-bcci-assures-icc-report/740020

From ICC:

The Board received an update on the ongoing preparations around the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2021 in India. This included an update from the BCCI on positive discussions with the Indian government around tax arrangements and visa guarantees. It is anticipated that both issues will be resolved over the next month.

The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) will start its domestic season with the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy, beginning in September. And the tournament will be followed by Vijay Hazare Trophy in November, while the Ranji Trophy will be held in December.

In the apex council meeting on Friday, it was decided that the Deodhar Trophy, Duleep Trophy and Irani Cup will be scrapped this season keeping the COVID-19 in mind. The women's U-19 tournament tournaments are expected to be held next March.

The women's team will travel to England in June, followed by a series against Australia in September-October. In November, the West Indies team will travel to India for a limited overs series and just before the World Cup, the team will travel to New Zealand for a series.

The existing Cricket Advisory Committee, headed by Madan Lal will appoint the women's head coach, while the selection committee will pick the support staff.

Visas to Pakistan players and media

The Indian government has given permission to approve visas of Pakistan players and the media for the T20 World Cup, the BCCI informed the apex council. A call on the fans' visa will be decided by the ministry later.

Rajeev Shukla and Arun Dhumal will spearhead the ad-hoc committee for the development of Jammu and Kashmir cricket, while as far as hosting T20 leagues are concerned, the cooling off period of 15 days after the IPL has been waived off.

T20 Challenge

Three teams will feature in the T20 Women's Challenge, to be held during the IPL playoffs.

https://sportstar.thehindu.com/cric...kistan-visa-t20-world-cup/article34338829.ece

if pak fans cant attend and other fans can then all pak matches should be held in UAE

if pak fans cant attend and other fans can then all pak matches should be held in UAE

I highly doubt any fans will be allowed given the coid wave in India. Things might get slightly better by Q4 but fans might not be allowed in the stadium.

ICC rules only say teams should get visa. India is going a bit extra by giving visas to media.

PCB is in no position to make any demands.

When will we ever see an end to such demands? :mw

Last edited:
India to grant Pakistan cricket players visas for World T20

The BCCI has also zeroed in on nine venues where World T20 will be held later this year

The Pakistan cricket team, led by Babar Azam, will have no difficulty in travelling to India for the ICC World T20 in October as the government is set to grant visas to the players from the neighbouring nation.

It has been learnt that BCCI secretary Jay Shah has informed the Apex Council about the government's decision on giving visas to the Pakistan players.

"The visa issue of Pakistan cricket team has been sorted. However whether the fans can travel across the border to watch matches is still not clear," an Apex Council member told PTI on conditions of anonymity.

"It will be decided in due course of time. However we had promised ICC that it will be sorted. The secretary announced during the meeting." India and Pakistan have not played bilateral series for many years now due to political tension between two countries.

The BCCI has also zeroed in on nine venues where World T20 will be held with Ahmedabad's Narendra Modi Stadium hosting the final.

The other venues are Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Dharamsala.

https://www.thehindu.com/sport/cricket/india-to-grant-pakistan-cricket-players-visas-for-world-t20/article34340305.ece

Last edited by a moderator:
ICC rules only say teams should get visa. India is going a bit extra by giving visas to media.

PCB is in no position to make any demands.

You think Mohali wasn't given a game for the same reason? Would have been a short ride for many Pak fans.

You think Mohali wasn't given a game for the same reason? Would have been a short ride for many Pak fans.

Think Mohali is out of favour due to the ground looking a bit shabby in comparison with other centres around the country. When they have a picturesque option as Dharamshala in the north, hosting matches at Mohali becomes difficult.

They named a stadium after Modi? Oh boyyyy...wonder what the history books are going to say about that!

https://arysports.tv/pakistan-likely-play-t20-wc-matches-kolkata/

Pakistan team is most likely to play their all group matches of ICC T20 World Cup in India at a single venue due to security concerns.

According to the reports, Kolkata is likely to host the green shirts in all of their group matches.

Remember, the Indian government yesterday gave a green signal to issue visas to the Pakistani team and journalists for T20 World Cup, pencilled in October-November this year.

The Board of Cricket Control in India (BCCI) got approval for visas in their general council meeting.

It must be noted here that the qualifying round for the mega event will take place firstly with teams divided into two groups. Sri Lanka, Ireland, Papua New Guinea, and Oman are placed in Group A whereas Bangladesh, Holland, Namibia, and Scotland will compete in Group B.

For the main event, Pakistan, Australia, New Zealand, West Indies, and two qualifying teams are part of Group 1 whereas India, South Africa, Afghanistan, England, and two qualifying teams are placed in Group 2.

Two top teams from each group will qualify for the semi-finals followed by the mega final, scheduled on November 15.

The tournament is most likely to be played with COVID-19 protocols being enforced. The Decision regarding the crowd will be taken after monitoring the situation closer to the time.

Pak fans can't come to India even if the team can...

Best places to get diverse crowds is

1-England
2-Australia
3-UAE
4-WI

And than it's all the same...

Neither ICC nor Govt Of India had hinted at denying visas to our cricketers and this was a non-issue until PCB raised it out of nowhere probably just to rile up the Indians

Now that BCCI has confirmed that the GOI will grant visa's to the entire Pakistan team it will be interesting to see if PCB allows the players to travel or pulls the team out under the guise of a silly reason like player security.

Delhi is likely to host two of Pakistan's matches in the 2021 T20 World Cup to be held in India in October-November, it has been learned.

While the details are yet to be confirmed, the Indian cricket board's (BCCI) Apex Council was on Friday informed that the board has received assurance on visas for the Pakistan cricket team and media for the upcoming mega tournament.

There is still no certainty on Pakistan's participation as the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has demanded visas not just for its cricket team and media but also for the fans.

While the 1.1 lakh-capacity Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad will host the final, Mumbai and Kolkata have been slotted for the semi-finals. Dharamsala has also been earmarked to host a knockout match.

"Pakistan will play two of their matches in Delhi which is not hosting any knockout game as per the tentative schedule that has been discussed," confirmed a source to IANS. "While Ahmedabad will host the final, Mumbai and Kolkata will host the semi-finals."

The cricket board has earmarked certain venues for the 16-team tournament although a confirmation will come later as the country reels under severe Covid-19 pandemic that has seen daily number of the affected persons cross 2 lakh over the past few days.

Other than Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Ahmedabad and Dharamsala, Lucknow, Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai have also been earmarked to host matches.

There are 45 matches slated to be held in the tournament that will see the participation of 16 teams, including Papua New Guinea, the Netherlands, Oman, Scotland, Namibia and Oman.

https://www.indiatvnews.com/sports/...-ties-ahmedabad-final-of-t20-world-cup-698511

Neither ICC nor Govt Of India had hinted at denying visas to our cricketers and this was a non-issue until PCB raised it out of nowhere probably just to rile up the Indians

Now that BCCI has confirmed that the GOI will grant visa's to the entire Pakistan team it will be interesting to see if PCB allows the players to travel or pulls the team out under the guise of a silly reason like player security.

India are bound to give visa to players as per protocol or they can say bye bye to Olympics.
Mani has been playing the crowd and they are dancing to his tune. Understand he wants to keep himself relevant given his poor performance as an administrator.

Pak fans can't come to India even if the team can...

Best places to get diverse crowds is

1-England
2-Australia
3-UAE
4-WI

And than it's all the same...

Those countries get ‘diverse crowd’ only because most of the fans are citizen of western(US, Canada, UK, & AUS) countries and have easy entry rules compared to fans who are citizens of India/Pakistan/BD/SL.

One can only imagine number of applications denied for visas by UK/Aus for fans who don’t hold strong passport.

We should start flexing our muscles now

We have the no.1 batsman in the world

Babar not participating would dampen the attractiveness of the tournament and would make the success of any bowlers look weak

We should threaten to boycott the tournament if our fans are not allowed.

Babar not participating would dampen the attractiveness of the tournament and would make the success of any bowlers look weak

These kind of ridiculous stunts benefit no one. Nor do I think the PCB will even think about indulging in something like this.

You have no muscle to flex.

Pakistani supporters are creating unnecessary noise over allowing their fans. First of all, I think the world cup will be played behind closed doors due to surge in covid cases.

Second, Pak fans are least known for going to the ground and supporting their teams. Their fans get regularly outnumbered here in Eng by supporters of other sub continent sides. And in test matches the attendence goes even lower. Even during last Asia cup in UAE which was Pakistan's home ground at that time India, BD and even Afg fans turned out in more number than them.

So Pak fans dont attend many matches in stadiums anyway. And you are telling me many would be eager to travel to an enemy country during covid time? Sound excuses to me.

Many Indian stadiums are named after PMs or CMs or politicians. Nothing new in India.

But he is a sitting PM who has been vocal about Congressi nepotism and their past acts to name everything after the Gandhi's. This is clear dichotomy.

Lol sit down ..

Babar is not even close to being in the top5 in T20is. I know it hurts but it is what it is.
Don't take all the Magala and Lizard bashing too seriously. You'll end up disappointed if you think it'd be the same against the likes of Bumrah/Bhuvi or Starc/Cummins or Archer/Wood or Boult/Ferguson....

It'll be another self goal (like the IPL boycott in 2009) if the PCB forgets their standing in the cricketing world and decides to boycott the T20 WC. Although I don't think they are that stupid or delusional...

I live in London England, myself, family and friends and I know thousands of others are always desperate to get tickets for all Pakistan vs India games I can whenever there’s a tournament, but we always fail, so to say we don’t try to attend games is a lie

Back