PCL #PSL (Season 3) - General rules and discussions thread

Moh@n

ODI Debutant
Runs
So folks, this is how it is going to work:

Teams so far have 10 PPers each including the captain and the VC, and 3 Pakistani domestic emerging players. Captains need to assign categories to all these players as per the below.

1 player on the Platinum category
1 player on the Diamond category
1 player on the Gold category
3 players on the Silver category
7 players on the Emerging category (4 PPers and the 3 Pakistani domestic players).

Apart from these players, each team will also have 4 International players in their squad. The playing eleven should look like this:

1 Platinum player
1 Diamond player
1 Gold player
3 Silver players (maximum)
3 Emerging players (minimum)
2 International players (maximum)

Emerging players can replace players from any other category in the playing eleven.

The skill level of the players will be as follows:

NameCategoryBatSkillBowlSkillAggressionPlacement
BatsmanPlatinum9507040
Wicket-KeeperPlatinum9007040
BowlerPlatinum40959020
Pure A/RPlatinum75758030
Bat A/RPlatinum80707535
Bowl A/RPlatinum70808030

BatsmanDiamond9007040
Wicket-KeeperDiamond8507540
BowlerDiamond35909015
Pure A/RDiamond70708030
Bat A/RDiamond75658030
Bowl A/RDiamond65758525

BatsmanGold8507535
Wicket-KeeperGold8008040
BowlerGold30859015
Pure A/RGold65658525
Bat A/RGold70608030
Bowl A/RGold60708525

BatsmanSilver8007535
Wicket-KeeperSilver7508040
BowlerSilver25809510
Pure A/RSilver60608525
Bat A/RSilver65558525
Bowl A/RSilver55658525

BatsmanEmerging7508030
Wicket-KeeperEmerging7008540
BowlerEmerging20759510
Pure A/REmerging55558525
Bat A/REmerging60508525
Bowl A/REmerging50608525

Last edited:
Also, a total of FIVE player type changes will be allowed per team before the tournament gets underway.

Ground Conditions

The following six venues will be used in this season and their Ground conditions as follows:

StadiumCityBounceSeamSwingSpinDeterioration
Diamond Club GroundIslamabadAverageLowGoodHighAverage
National StadiumKarachiHighAverageGoodLowGood
Gaddafi StadiumLahoreLowHighHighAverageLow
Arbab Niaz StadiumPeshawarLowLowGoodHighGood
Bugti StadiumQuettaHighGoodAverageLowHigh
Multan Cricket StadiumMultanAverageGoodHighGoodLow

^^ These are your home pitch conditions.
[MENTION=140093]Shawaiz[/MENTION] [MENTION=142702]UN talkz[/MENTION] [MENTION=134789]maddgenius[/MENTION] [MENTION=70365]Ahson8[/MENTION] [MENTION=130409]Ibad17[/MENTION] [MENTION=146013]Oligochaetes[/MENTION] [MENTION=128087]last_knight[/MENTION] [MENTION=135839]Smbhayi[/MENTION] [MENTION=141390]Ellipsism[/MENTION] [MENTION=137764]Manager101[/MENTION] [MENTION=135989]world cup captain[/MENTION] [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION]

PITCH TYPES AVAILABLE TO CHOOSE FOR THE HOME TEAMS:

Pancake, Road, Flat, Dry, Normal, Spicey, Devilish, Nightmare, Unplayable.

[MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION], you can probably begin to create your database.

[MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION] in which thread we have to announce change of player types

I will create that thread after the International drafts.
[MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION] is the international overseas player allowed only 4-5 games including play offs and final or only 4 games in group matches

[MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION] is the international overseas player allowed only 4-5 games including play offs and final or only 4 games in group matches

Ok just had a look in draft thread it's including qualifiers anf final

[MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION], can the PP players listed as platinum and such play all the games or are they also restricted to their category quantities?

Excellent Job [MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION] covering all bases. I was wondering if [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] can sim a sample match, Or post link of a previous sample. Some players are new to PCL Concept.

[MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION], can the PP players listed as platinum and such play all the games or are they also restricted to their category quantities?

Platinum (1 PPer), Diamond (1 PPer) Gold (1PPer) and Silver (3 PPers) , can play all matches. No restrictions. Even Domestic emerging players can play all matches if a captain likes.

Restrictions are only for 4 International stars.

[MENTION=8973]mohaN[/MENTION] Is there a restriction on PP emerging players being featured in the line-up. Or can these 3 emerging players can all be international players?

[MENTION=8973]mohaN[/MENTION] Is there a restriction on PP emerging players being featured in the line-up. Or can these 3 emerging players can all be international players?

The playing eleven needs to be formed as follows:

1 Platinum, 1 Diamond, 1 Gold and 3 Silver category PP players - that makes it 6 players.

The remaining 5 can be any combination of Emerging + International players as long as there are maximum 2 International players (more than 2 Internationals are not allowed in the eleven). So these can be all 5 Emerging players, or 4 Emerging players + 1 International player, or 3 Emerging players + 2 International players.

All the 7 Emerging players (4 PP players and the 3 Pakistani domestic players) will have skill numbers as per the "Emerging" category table in the OP, and they can be played in as many games as you want to, no restrictions there. Restrictions in the number of games are only for the International players.

Excellent Job [MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION] covering all bases. I was wondering if [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] can sim a sample match, Or post link of a previous sample. Some players are new to PCL Concept.

Lulz let's hope he turns up soon else we would be without our simmer :))

Lulz let's hope he turns up soon else we would be without our simmer :))

Sorry , was very busy last few days. I'll start preparing database when all teams are set.

[MENTION=70365]Ahson8[/MENTION] [MENTION=130409]Ibad17[/MENTION] [MENTION=128087]last_knight[/MENTION] [MENTION=137764]Manager101[/MENTION]

Gents, I wanted your opinion on a matter relating to the international players.

I have asked @M@han if we are able to swap our originally drafted international players with undrafted ones from the same category.

I think this would save us all some trouble with team composition and lead to an exciting tournament. Now we have a better understanding of our team needs and what we want from each player. Personally, I don’t see any harm in this and we could proceed with a fair process of reverting the original draft pick positions for each category for the changes.

For example, since Sultans picked first in Platinum they would have the last option to change in that category once all other mangers have either opted out of changing the category specific international player or made the swap.

Let me know your thoughts. Just a suggestion.

[MENTION=70365]Ahson8[/MENTION] [MENTION=130409]Ibad17[/MENTION] [MENTION=128087]last_knight[/MENTION] [MENTION=137764]Manager101[/MENTION]

Gents, I wanted your opinion on a matter relating to the international players.

I have asked @M@han if we are able to swap our originally drafted international players with undrafted ones from the same category.

I think this would save us all some trouble with team composition and lead to an exciting tournament. Now we have a better understanding of our team needs and what we want from each player. Personally, I don’t see any harm in this and we could proceed with a fair process of reverting the original draft pick positions for each category for the changes.

For example, since Sultans picked first in Platinum they would have the last option to change in that category once all other mangers have either opted out of changing the category specific international player or made the swap.

Let me know your thoughts. Just a suggestion.

We are a week behind already. If a team wants to replace their Int. Players, this should be their individual act, if approved. Getting everyone involved in this will be an unnecessary delay as by now most teams seem comfortable with their picks.

We are a week behind already. If a team wants to replace their Int. Players, this should be their individual act, if approved. Getting everyone involved in this will be an unnecessary delay as by now most teams seem comfortable with their picks.

Thank you for your response. I agree with not wanting to delay the start any further.

My reason for inquiring was so that this process stays fair and if any other owners are also interested they would have an equal opportunity.

The process itself will not delay as it will literally take a few seconds to post about our desired change(s)

Only involvement required from owners is their consent to allow, at the very least, Sultans to swap the international player. Once consent is acquired, the dealings would be internally through private message with M@han.

Please let me know if you, the team owners, consent to allowing Sultans to swap their international player with an undrafted one of the same category.

I apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks.
[MENTION=70365]Ahson8[/MENTION] [MENTION=130409]Ibad17[/MENTION] [MENTION=128087]last_knight[/MENTION] [MENTION=137764]Manager101[/MENTION] @M@han

Thank you for your response. I agree with not wanting to delay the start any further.

My reason for inquiring was so that this process stays fair and if any other owners are also interested they would have an equal opportunity.

The process itself will not delay as it will literally take a few seconds to post about our desired change(s)

Only involvement required from owners is their consent to allow, at the very least, Sultans to swap the international player. Once consent is acquired, the dealings would be internally through private message with M@han.

Please let me know if you, the team owners, consent to allowing Sultans to swap their international player with an undrafted one of the same category.

I apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks.
[MENTION=70365]Ahson8[/MENTION] [MENTION=130409]Ibad17[/MENTION] [MENTION=128087]last_knight[/MENTION] [MENTION=137764]Manager101[/MENTION] @M@han

In general, I would say teams should be allowed to pick up undrafted players through the tournament but if it's too much work for the people running it, don't do it.

In general, I would say teams should be allowed to pick up undrafted players through the tournament but if it's too much work for the people running it, don't do it.

Thanks for your input. [MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION] what do you think bro?

Last edited:
Thanks for your input. [MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION] what do you think bro?

I don't mind either. I do understand that a few captains are first timers here including you so an error from them is not exactly surprising.

As I told you in the PM too, if no other team raises any objections, I would be more than happy to allow you to change your international players.

[MENTION=130409]Ibad17[/MENTION] [MENTION=128087]last_knight[/MENTION] [MENTION=70365]Ahson8[/MENTION] [MENTION=137764]Manager101[/MENTION] [MENTION=135989]world cup captain[/MENTION]

Please let me know if any of you wish to swap your International players for unpicked ones from the draft and I will arrange a replacement draft.

It would take [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] sometime to prepare his database anyway and this activity can be completed in quick time.

As an organizer, I want this to be a fun experience for everyone involved, so don't want any captain to be uncomfortable with his picks even before the tournament has begun.

For me there is no issue. They are first timers and they should be given another chance.
Though Peshawar Zalmi wont take part in that draft as we are good with our picks.

For me there is no issue. They are first timers and they should be given another chance.
Though Peshawar Zalmi wont take part in that draft as we are good with our picks.

Thanks very much.

[MENTION=130409]Ibad17[/MENTION] [MENTION=128087]last_knight[/MENTION] [MENTION=70365]Ahson8[/MENTION] [MENTION=137764]Manager101[/MENTION] [MENTION=135989]world cup captain[/MENTION]

Please let me know if any of you wish to swap your International players for unpicked ones from the draft and I will arrange a replacement draft.

It would take [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] sometime to prepare his database anyway and this activity can be completed in quick time.

As an organizer, I want this to be a fun experience for everyone involved, so don't want any captain to be uncomfortable with his picks even before the tournament has begun.

Karachi Kings are fine with this

Quettaare not fine. They should have known and if they want to change now they should be penalised.

As punishment they need to give geeli puppi to [MENTION=47617]Red Devil[/MENTION] and [MENTION=134474]Moe[/MENTION] - only then they should be allowed to pick :misbah

Last edited:
Quettaare not fine. They should have known and if they want to change now they should be penalised.

As punishment they need to give geeli puppi to [MENTION=47617]Red Devil[/MENTION] and [MENTION=134474]Moe[/MENTION] - only then they should be allowed to pick :misbah

Lulz I am sure [MENTION=47617]Red Devil[/MENTION] and [MENTION=134474]Moe[/MENTION] would be elated if that happens :ksi

VC [MENTION=142702]UN talkz[/MENTION], do us the honors?

No problems bro, thanks for showing up. That's a big relief :))

To speed up database building time. Can you post the final database like this
Name Bowl-Type BowlSkill BowlHand BatHand BatSkill Team
Shivnarine Chanderpaul legspin 0 Right Left 95 Cerebral Assassins
Sanath Jayasuriya offspin 0 Left Left 95 Loose Cannons CC
Richard Hadlee fastmedium 85 Right Left 75 Cerebral Assassins
Imran Khan fast 85 Right Right 75 Loose Cannons CC
Kapil Dev mediumfast 80 Right Right 80 Team Bring It

OR preferably like this (.csv format)

Code:
Name,Bowl-Type,BowlSkill,BowlHand,BatHand,BatSkill,Team
Shivnarine Chanderpaul,legspin,0,Right,Left,95,Cerebral Assassins
Sanath Jayasuriya,offspin,0,Left,Left,95,Loose Cannons CC
Richard Hadlee,fastmedium,85,Right,Left,75,Cerebral Assassins
Imran Khan,fast,85,Right,Right,75,Loose Cannons CC
Kapil Dev,mediumfast,80,Right,Right,80,Team Bring It

I am not in favor of redrafting. It is done and dusted, even I made few mistakes as I am new to this PCL stuff, but we should utilize and stick to the decisions we have made. It would be like saying, one should give two chances to a rookie batsman if he loses his wicket early.

Sorry, but I will not be a party to it.

I am not in favor of redrafting. It is done and dusted, even I made few mistakes as I am new to this PCL stuff, but we should utilize and stick to the decisions we have made. It would be like saying, one should give two chances to a rookie batsman if he loses his wicket early.

Sorry, but I will not be a party to it.

Fair enough.

Sorry [MENTION=140093]Shawaiz[/MENTION], you need to plan now in such a way that your unfavorable Internationals are utilised to their maximum potential. I know it sounds tough but try to take it as a challenge.

I usually try to be as accomodating as possible but in this case, allowing this is going to make Quetta unhappy. The senior members of your team should have guided you during the draft which unfortunately didn't happen.

To speed up database building time. Can you post the final database like this
Name Bowl-Type BowlSkill BowlHand BatHand BatSkill Team
Shivnarine Chanderpaul legspin 0 Right Left 95 Cerebral Assassins
Sanath Jayasuriya offspin 0 Left Left 95 Loose Cannons CC
Richard Hadlee fastmedium 85 Right Left 75 Cerebral Assassins
Imran Khan fast 85 Right Right 75 Loose Cannons CC
Kapil Dev mediumfast 80 Right Right 80 Team Bring It

OR preferably like this (.csv format)

Code:
Name,Bowl-Type,BowlSkill,BowlHand,BatHand,BatSkill,Team
Shivnarine Chanderpaul,legspin,0,Right,Left,95,Cerebral Assassins
Sanath Jayasuriya,offspin,0,Left,Left,95,Loose Cannons CC
Richard Hadlee,fastmedium,85,Right,Left,75,Cerebral Assassins
Imran Khan,fast,85,Right,Right,75,Loose Cannons CC
Kapil Dev,mediumfast,80,Right,Right,80,Team Bring It

Bhai I will sort this out tomorrow once all captains submit their teams. The deadline for that is tonight.

Fair enough.

Sorry [MENTION=140093]Shawaiz[/MENTION], you need to plan now in such a way that your unfavorable Internationals are utilised to their maximum potential. I know it sounds tough but try to take it as a challenge.

I usually try to be as accomodating as possible but in this case, allowing this is going to make Quetta unhappy. The senior members of your team should have guided you during the draft which unfortunately didn't happen.

Fair enough. We will see Quetta in the field, when we give our "Geelli pappi". [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] [MENTION=137764]Manager101[/MENTION]

Thank you [MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION] and all the team owners for considering our request.

Fair enough. We will see Quetta in the field, when we give our "Geelli pappi". [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] [MENTION=137764]Manager101[/MENTION]

It’s not only your pappi that will be geeli. You will wet your pants after facing our bowling attack :akhtar [MENTION=142036]Hamad_H[/MENTION]

It’s not only your pappi that will be geeli. You will wet your pants after facing our bowling attack :akhtar [MENTION=142036]Hamad_H[/MENTION]

A new rivalry forms in PCL #PSL, Quetta vs Multan. :ashwin

It was getting boring without it. :p

[MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION] - can teams organise friendly matches before the actual start?

Not sure if [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] will have time for that?

Are we going to follow the PSL structure of 4pm GMT start for games or will the timings be random or follow a different structure?

[MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION] - can teams organise friendly matches before the actual start?

You can request [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] to do that, completely depends on him as you said.

Are we going to follow the PSL structure of 4pm GMT start for games or will the timings be random or follow a different structure?

Again that depends on our simmer and match poster [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] :)

I always run few friendly matches , it helps me iron out any mistakes i make in database. I'll be happy to post them here.

Again that depends on our simmer and match poster [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] :)

I'll try to post matches at this time.

Moh@n please post your data file when its ready.

[MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION] will we be allowed mid-season changes ?

oi [MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION] bhai it'd be great if we've separate fixture thread! BTW when tournament starts :afridi

[MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION] , will player type changes be allowed mid season ?

PITCH TYPES AVAILABLE TO CHOOSE FOR THE HOME TEAMS:

Pancake, Road, Flat, Dry, Normal, Spicey, Devilish, Nightmare, Unplayable.

Is there a thread that gives a description of how each pitch plays out?
Would be extremely useful for the managers especially the newbies.

Is there a thread that gives a description of how each pitch plays out?
Would be extremely useful for the managers especially the newbies.

It's self explanatory. If you read from left to right (Pancake to Unplayable), you go from the most batting friendly pitch (250/2 in 20 overs pitch) to the most bowling friendly (50 all out in 10-12 overs pitch). The specific ground conditions also play a part, such as Bounce/Swing/Seam/Spin/Deterioration set to Low, High or Average.

So when's the next game [MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION] [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION]

So when's the next game [MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION] [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION]

Sorry man. I am contemplating a career change and hence am quite busy these days working.

It's time for the mid season break so would appreciate you guys announce your player type changes. Will create a thread shortly.

Apologies for the delay boys, our simmer seems to have gone AWOL :(

Since lots of us have gone busy/ away and have probably lost the interest, so I think it would be better to scrap the tournament now.

Since lots of us have gone busy/ away and have probably lost the interest, so I think it would be better to scrap the tournament now.

Well I am very busy myself these days, and then next month is Ramadan and shortly after that I will have my exams, so it would also be very difficult for me to manage in next 2-3 months.

However, I don’t think it should be scrapped; we can maybe continue after a 3-4 month gap

So things are up and running I see, thanks to [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION]. Let's finish this tournament off quickly now.

So things are up and running I see, thanks to [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION]. Let's finish this tournament off quickly now.

Leagues carry on guys ; lets move it along

One Round left to go. What is the scenario? Who needs to do what in the final round to qualify for playoffs?

Also please update the international player status.

[MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION] [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] waiting...

Sorry guys, have been really busy.

Will put up the knockout game threads soon, but need to work on remaining player games and points stuff first.

Really appreciate the patience from you guys.

Back