[PICTURES] Can I suggest Suryakumar Yadav for the future Indian white ball captain?

Suryakumar Yadav to lead India in the T20Is on their tour of South Africa 2023-24.

Will he also captain India in the ICC T20I World Cup 2024?

Well, I think SKY is a better option compared to Hardik, his moves in matches against Australia were just spot on.

He is a street smart guy!
But I think it should be Gaikwad for representation and respect because he is a technical player

But I think it should be Gaikwad for representation and respect because he is a technical player
it's too early for Gaikwad to offer this role but perhaps after gaining more international exposure he could be considered as well.

I don't think Gaikwad deserves a place in t20 at all.In odis he can be a anchor/stat padded in place of kohli.Indian t20 team is finally looking good after all removal of dead wood.Making an unqualified one as captain/vice captain is very bad for any team .

Suryakumar is the captain and India might be persisting with him in the future as well. He will be tested in SENA condition actually.

What happened here? A series win for Suryakumar as captain? @Gullycricket

Any more suggestions? Asif Ali as captain of Pakistan?

India's captaincy is decided by how much marketable they are. They compare the number of sponsors they have. Whoever has the highest gets the captaincy

It feels like this series win under Surya would add much fuss to the ongoing debate regarding indian captaincy options for t20 WC. Now besides Rohit and hardik you have another contender in line for captaincy. Tough decision awaits indian management now.

It feels like this series win under Surya would add much fuss to the ongoing debate regarding indian captaincy options for t20 WC. Now besides Rohit and hardik you have another contender in line for captaincy. Tough decision awaits indian management now.
Credit goes to @Gullycricket for this suggestion

I think management should stuck with Sky for t20s.Bumrah and Pandya can't play all the limited over matches owing to their injuries.In odi and Test ,we can wait till pant is back. Interestingly all the captaincy contenders are from MI . I fear both MI and Ind may become 90's pak team full of captians and squabbles.

Grade-II tear in ankle rules Suryakumar Yadav out till February

Suryakumar Yadav has a Grade-II tear in his ankle and has been ruled out of action for seven weeks.

The Indian Express understands that Surya had a scan last week on his return from South Africa where he had twisted his ankle while fielding during the third T20I in Johannesburg. They revealed the extent of the injury and if everything goes to plan, he should be fit by the first week of February. Surya is thus ruled out for the three-T20I series against Afghanistan at home starting January 11. “He will take some time to recover. He will have to report to the National Cricket Academy later to do his rehabilitation. He is surely going to miss the Afghanistan series,” source in the Indian board informed.

When asked about his injury after India’s victory in the third T20I in Johannesburg, Surya had said: “I am good. I am walking, so good.”

Surya had hurt his ankle when he got off balance while stopping a ball in the field.

Surya was handed the T20I captaincy as Hardik Pandya was yet to recover from his ankle injury suffered during the 50-over World Cup. The all-rounder is yet to return to action. As such, the BCCI may have to look for a new captain for the Afghanistan series, which begins just days after the Test series in South Africa ends.

Source : The Indian Express

Dear Indian posters

Please don't shoot me down!
It's been ten years since India have won a ICC tournament. Nothing has worked in terms of captaincy whether it's Rohit or Kohli.

I want to ask my fellow Indian posters why not try Surya as the captain. He's fearless, selfless and an X factor in the team. Only with this responsibility he can thrive in the team. He has shown it in the IPL and some international matches how destructive he can be. Rohit Sharma played freely this WC and see how it played a pivotal role in India reaching the finals. Give Surya the captaincy and freedom at the top and I am sure he will cross the hurdle which Kohli or Rohit couldn't.
You got your wish.

I can understand that Pandya's fitness issues might have prompted selectors not to pick him as a captain; otherwise, he is tactically good and has a proven IPL track record.
What is the point of picking a 33-year-old SKY who has zero experience other than against some minnows?
If selectors want someone instead of Pandya, they should have picked a youngster, considering the long-term plan. This captaincy selection is rubbish. Gambhir wants a puppet under him, and he picked SKY, Gambhir's got what he wanted. :ROFLMAO:

India made the right decision going with a mentally mature individual like SKY. Not only is he the best T20 batter in the world but he is also someonewho can inspire the team to play his way and lead India into a new era where they will have plenty of young faces in the side. Pandya may be a great player but he was a disaster waiting to happen as India captain.

You can't keep changing captains after every series. It just creates fighting and ego clashes in the team.

They need to name one captain and vice captain and give them an extended run. The next t20 wc is still very far away

You can't keep changing captains after every series. It just creates fighting and ego clashes in the team.

They need to name one captain and vice captain and give them an extended run. The next t20 wc is still very far away
I recon Sky is the captain to stay. He was doing the stand in captaincy pre World Cup, and he was very good for India. They will let him stay I recon

I recon Sky is the captain to stay. He was doing the stand in captaincy pre World Cup, and he was very good for India. They will let him stay I recon
He is already quite old though. Maybe they will prefer him as a bridge captain but not sure he's the long term answer.

Looks like all 11 players are taking turns being captain of a series each 🤣

The BCCI chief selector Ajit Agarkar said that Surya's name was not even discussed for the ODI squad as the team management is content with Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul and Rishabh Pant in the middle-order:

"No, we haven't discussed Surya (for ODIs) at this point. Shreyas (Iyer) is back, KL (Rahul) is back. They have had great World Cups (ODI). Rishabh (Pant) is back as well. So there is some real quality through that middle order. So at this point Surya is a T20I player,"

"Why Surya was made captain? Because he is one of the deserving candidates. The one we know has been around the dressing room over the last one year, you get feedback from the dressing room a lot. He has got a good cricketing brain and he is still one of the best T20 batters in the world,"

Sad that player of SKY's ability couldn't crack ODI cricket.

Happy that he has been rewarded in T20s. Probably the first Indian top order batter to embrace modern T20 game.

OP meanwhile kudos for the amazing prediction.

Surya is the only guy who deserves the captaincy in case Hardik is not chosen. He is the right guy IMO.

Wonderful captaincy debut by Suryakumar.
Started with Clean sweep against Srilanka.
Brilliant captaincy, brilliant bowling changes, great presence of mind.
I think India have appointed right man to lead 👍🏻
Lets see how he do against tougher teams 👍🏻

Yeah , he looks very assured and comfortable. These are still early days and india bosses these bilaterals anyway. So let’s see what future holds

He will be Tested against Australia later this year.
He has already lead India to a 4-1 win over Australia in the home series last year.

Also as surprising as it can be, India has a terrific 1:1 record.vs Australia in T20Is - winning 20 and losing only 11 so far.

Even in Australia, India leads it 7-4.

9 needed from 12 balls. Opposition with 6 wickets in hand, you expect Siraj or Khaleel Ahmad to bowl right?

Gives the ball to Rinku Singh and he goes for 3 runs and picks up two wickets.

Last over 6 needed off 6, now you bring in Siraj?

No, Surya brings himself in, takes 2 more wickets and ties the game

Was this a stroke of luck, or is Surya indeed a new captain in town that can cause trouble in cricket?

SKY has now led India in 10 Y20Is, India has won 8 and lost just 2. His win Loss ratio iof 4 as a captain is 2nd only to Rohit (4.17) in the list of all Indian captains (min 10 T20Is).

Rohitt's is mind boggling though. 50 wins as T20 captain out of 62 matches. What a glorious move by BCCI to replace Hardik with Rohit

Suryakumar will face real challenge against teams like Australi southafrica etc. This sri Lankan team is a minnow level now with all those changes happening in the team and management etc. They had no chance TBH.

9 needed from 12 balls. Opposition with 6 wickets in hand, you expect Siraj or Khaleel Ahmad to bowl right?

Gives the ball to Rinku Singh and he goes for 3 runs and picks up two wickets.

Last over 6 needed off 6, now you bring in Siraj?

No, Surya brings himself in, takes 2 more wickets and ties the game

Was this a stroke of luck, or is Surya indeed a new captain in town that can cause trouble in cricket?

Judges the situation and the pitch and backed himself to bowl part time spinners.

one thing is for sure SKY has better cricketing brain compared to Hardik Pandya which he has been demonstrated in recent game against SL... so good pick by BCCI!

Impressed by his captaincy, calm, cool, aggressive and innovative. Also producing results. Aur Kya chahiye?

I have said before - Sky should be the t20 captain and he's doing a fantastic job. He's got another 4 years in him so he should do well. Was good to see some unorthodox moves in t20 after a while.. biggest thing would be there would be no tuk tuk players in the lineup as the captain himself sets the template with his fearless batting

Back