[PICTURES] Javed Afridi asks Anurag Thakur to allow IPL teams to play PSL teams in neutral venues

jeetu

PPCL Hall of Famer
Runs
Post of the Week

Attachments

• index1.jpg
    index1.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 634
  • index2.jpg
    index2.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 614
  • index3.jpg
    index3.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 645
Last edited by a moderator:
this guy is amazing...he has the skills how to promote his team ...loving his jazba.

well i will not mind him as a chairman of Pakistan cricket board

This guy should be involved with the PCB. We need to get rid of political stooges like Sethis and Shahryars.

Maybe I missed it but I dont think Anurag has agreed to anything and is unlikely to. Good try by J Afridi though - sometimes this level of contact can yield better results

IPL teams vs PSL teams, that would be soo fun to watch to be honest

This guy should be involved with the PCB. We need to get rid of political stooges like Sethis and Shahryars.
Don't be immature. Remember one thing, the guy is a business man.

The Cricket Board is state owned.

Maybe I missed it but I dont think Anurag has agreed to anything and is unlikely to. Good try by J Afridi though - sometimes this level of contact can yield better results

Doesn't matter if Anurag/BCCI Co agrees or not, its the buzz that will create in International market utimately good for PSL marketing wise .

Hghly unlikely as the Indian Government will intervene and say no way.

Don't be immature. Remember one thing, the guy is a business man.

The Cricket Board is state owned.

That's exactly the problem- a cricket organization should be run like a business (where the best product = highest profits), not like a state entity being used for political reasons

Doesn't matter if Anurag/BCCI Co agrees or not, its the buzz that will create in International market utimately good for PSL marketing wise .

Previous edition was not telecasted in India, No channel is broadcasting pak vs nz matches, It's the worst time to market anything from Pakistan in India.

That's exactly the problem- a cricket organization should be run like a business (where the best product = highest profits), not like a state entity being used for political reasons

not possible. A state own organisation cannot be run like that. For a business, the main motive is profit, thus if first class cricket offers no profit it could result in its shut down.

One-sided loss yes

Even if you consider the domestic players from both sides to be roughly equivalent, the quality is just not there in terms of foreign players for PSL sides. Not to mention the fact that there is no money to be made for IPL sides to play versus PSL foes.

Back