[PICTURES/VIDEOS] Pakistan Shaheens’ tour to Darwin (2024)

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
PCB announces details of pre-season camp and Pakistan Shaheen’s tour to Darwin

• Pakistan’s red-ball head coach Jason Gillespie to supervise Pakistan Shaheens’ camp in Karachi from 8 July, will travel to Darwin as head coach for the two four-day matches against Bangladesh ‘A’ from 19-29 July

• Pakistan Shaheens to also play two 50-over matches against Northern Territory and Bangladesh ‘A’ on 4 and 6 August, respectively before taking part in the nine-team Top End T20 Series from 9-18 August

• Red-ball players playing competitive cricket in the United Kingdom and those who participated in the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2024 have been exempted from the Karachi camp

The Pakistan Cricket Board has announced details of the pre-season fitness and fielding camp, and Pakistan Shaheens’ training camp, which will be held at Karachi’s Hanif Mohammad High Performance Centre.

The pre-season camp, which will be attended by 25 cricketers, will take place from 24 June to 7 July. The squad will be trimmed to 15-member Pakistan Shaheens squad that will undergo a training camp from 8-13 July to prepare for their tour to Darwin.

In Darwin, Pakistan Shaheens will play two four-day matches against Bangladesh ‘A’, two 50-over matches against Northern Territory and Bangladesh, and also participate in the nine-team Top End T20 Series.

Pakistan red-ball head coach Jason Gillespie will supervise the Pakistan Shaheens’ training camp from 8-13 July and will also travel to Darwin as the team’s head coach. He will return to Pakistan after the second four-day match against Bangladesh ‘A’, which finishes on 29 July, to assume responsibilities as the national side’s head coach and commence preparations for the two-Test series against Bangladesh.

The pre-season fitness and fielding camp will be supervised by Mohammad Masroor, who will also travel to Darwin as Assistant Coach-cum-Manager. Abdul Rehman will be the white-ball head coach and will join the Pakistan Shaheens side on 28 July for the two 50-over and Top End T20 Series matches from 4-18 August.

National team players presently involved in competitive cricket in the United Kingdom and those who recently participated in the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2024 have been exempted from the pre-season fitness and fielding camp.

Following are the players invited by the national selection committee for the pre-season fitness and fielding camp as well as the Pakistan Shaheen squad:

Players for pre-season fitness and fielding camp - Abdullah Shafique, Faisal Akram, Haseebullah, Hunain Shah, Imam-ul-Haq, Kamran Ghulam, Kashif Ali, Khurram Shahzad, Mehran Mumtaz, Mohammad Haris, Mohammad Huraira, Mohammad Wasim Jnr, Mubasir Khan, Muhammad Irfan Khan, Omair Bin Yousuf, Sahibzada Farhan, Sameen Gul, Sarfaraz Ahmed, Saud Shakeel, Shahnawaz Dahani, Tayyab Tahir, Umar Amin, Usman Qadir and Zahid Mahmood. One more player will be added to the camp next week

Pakistan Shaheens - Haseebullah, Hunain Shah, Kamran Ghulam, Kashif Ali, Khurram Shahzad, Mehran Mumtaz, Mohammad Huraira, Mubasir Khan, Muhammad Irfan Khan, Omair Bin Yousuf, Sahibzada Farhan, Shahnawaz Dahani, Tayyab Tahir and Umar Amin. Captain and one more player will be confirmed in due course

Player Support Personnel – Jason Gillespie (head coach for red-ball matches, will also supervise camp from 8-13 July), Abdul Rehman (head coach for white-ball matches and will join the side on 28 July), Mohammad Masroor (Assistant coach-cum-manager and camp commandant from 24 June-7 July), Mohammad Asad (physiotherapist), Imranullah (trainer) and Usman Hashmi (analyst).

ABOUT THE DARWIN TOUR:

This is the second successive year Pakistan Shaheens will feature in the Darwin series.

Last year, Pakistan Shaheens participated in the six-team Top End T20 Series, which was followed by 50-over matches against Papua New Guinea (PNG) and NT Strike. NT Strike had defeated Shaheens in the Top End T20 Series final by 46 runs, while in the 50-over matches, Pakistan Shaheens beat PNG by 224 runs and Northern Strike by 84 runs.

The two four-dayers are part of bilateral series fixtures, which Northern Territory Cricket (NTC) are hosting on behalf of the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB). The PCB is scheduled to host Bangladesh A at home in August.

PCB Director International Cricket, Usman Wahla:

“I am grateful to Northern Territory for inviting the Pakistan Shaheens for the second success year. Last year, the players had a memorable experience and enjoyed playing and performing in excellent playing conditions, in front of enthusiastic cricket fans.

“This year we have added red-ball cricket matches to give more exposure to our cricketers and I am confident the players will benefit from this tour and will return as better cricketers.”

Schedule (all matches in Darwin)

14 Jul – Arrival in Darwin

19-22 Jul – Four-day vs Bangladesh ‘A’

26-29 Jul – Four-day vs Bangladesh ‘A’

4 Aug – 50-over match vs Northern Territory (NT)

6 Aug – 50 over match vs Bangladesh ‘A’

9-18 Aug - nine-team Top End T20 Series

Still Parchis like Zahid, Imam, Usman keep getting selected.

Umar Amin at 34/35 is a interesting decision.

However, I would like to see how Jason can fine tune some of these players. Seen a lot of his work in county cricket, he's really impressive.

Hopefully can help some like Haseebullah grow, considering WK is a worrying position.

But alas, a lot position in the Pakistan team are worrying.

Ali Raza was the stand out bowler for Pakistan u19s and should have been in the squad .

Pakistan Shaheens odis

Sahibzada Farhan
Omair Bin Yousuf
Kamran Ghullam
Mohammad Huraira
Tayyab Tahir
Haseebullah
Mubasir Khan
Mehran Mumtaz
Hunain Shah
Dahani
Khurram Shahzad

T20s

Farhaan
Omair Bin Yousuf
Tayyab Tahir
Kamran Ghullam
Haseebullah
Irfan Khan
Mubasir Khan
Mumtaz
Husnain
Dahani
Shahzad

We need proper tours for the A team. We end up playing Zimbabwe or BD and we learn nothing at all. A 3 Test tour to South Africa would filter out the dross and then you can spend the money on the guys worth investing in.

I agree.

Not sure how much productive it is to face Bangladesh A and Northern Territory. They should play against county teams or something.

I agree.

Not sure how much productive it is to face Bangladesh A and Northern Territory. They should play against county teams or something.
Absolute waste of money and time. It's doing something for the sake of doing something( at school we call it a tick box excercise) and produces nothing of note. Let's say a bowler takes all 10 wickets against BD A, what does that show? Well nothing, Now if he did it against England A or South Africa A, then you have a real bowler on your hand.

Qasim Akram seems like a notable omission to me. Considering how bare bones middle order batsmen are, PCB should be investing in him to develop and reach his potential.

I agree.

SOmething is better than nothing. I hope PCB just does not gives up after this tour. This needs to continue.

Qasim Akram seems like a notable omission to me. Considering how bare bones middle order batsmen are, PCB should be investing in him to develop and reach his potential.
He hasn't kicked on. Looks a beast on one day and then a total chump on the next. I am not sure what to make of him

He hasn't kicked on. Looks a beast on one day and then a total chump on the next. I am not sure what to make of him

But that's exactly why you try to develop him so he becomes more consistent, right? I also think people tend to confuse formats. T20 wise, he hasn't been good in domestic or PSL but his FC average is nearly 45 and can offer some off-spin as well. List A track record is decent as well with a good SR. Still only 21.

Those are exact type of guys Pakistan should be aiming to develop.

The cupboard is bare.

I want to know what they are doing with U14 and U16s? Need to look further into the future.

Pakistan Shaheens odis

Sahibzada Farhan
Omair Bin Yousuf
Kamran Ghullam
Mohammad Huraira
Tayyab Tahir
Haseebullah
Mubasir Khan
Mehran Mumtaz
Hunain Shah
Dahani
Khurram Shahzad

T20s

Farhaan
Omair Bin Yousuf
Tayyab Tahir
Kamran Ghullam
Haseebullah
Irfan Khan
Mubasir Khan
Mumtaz
Husnain
Dahani
Shahzad
Mohammad Harris should become a masseur?

Pre-season red-ball camp commences tomorrow at Hanif Mohammad High-Performance Centre

The red-ball pre-season fielding and fitness camp will commence tomorrow at the Hanif Mohammad High-Performance Centre in Karachi. The camp includes 24 players who will undergo a two-week camp till 7 July. The 25th player in the camp will be confirmed in due course.

After the conclusion of the red-ball camp, 15 players will feature in Pakistan Shaheens’ camp which will run from 8 to 13 July before Shaheens’ departure for Darwin, Australia on 14 July. Shaheens, on the tour, will play two four-day matches against Bangladesh ‘A’, two one-day games and also feature in nine-team Top End T20 Series.

Among the 24 players in the camp, eight cricketers – Abdullah Shafique (17 Tests), Imam-ul-Haq (24 Tests), Khurram Shahzad (one Test), Mohammad Wasim Jnr (two Tests), Sarfaraz Ahmed (54 Tests), Saud Shakeel (10 Tests), Umar Amin (four Tests) and Zahid Mahmood (two Tests) have represented Pakistan in Test cricket. Pakistan are scheduled to play nine Test matches of the ICC World Test Championship 2023-25 in the 2024-25 season and the camp will be a huge boost for the players to get themselves ready for the red-ball season.

Pakistan are scheduled to play two Test matches against Bangladesh and three Test matches against England – both at home in August and October, respectively. Pakistan will travel to South Africa to play two Test matches in December/January and later will play two Tests at home against West Indies in January 2025.

Test cricketer Imam-ul-Haq on the eve of the camp said: “Considering we are scheduled to play nine Test matches in the upcoming season, the camp is a great opportunity for all of us to work on our fitness and get ready for a busy season.

“For youngsters, they are selected in this forthcoming camp after performing at the domestic level. The camp provides them an opportunity to work closely with the senior cricketers and learn what is required at the highest level.”

21-year-old Mehran Mumtaz said: “I was recently invited at the NCA for the spinners camp and now this red-ball camp in Karachi will help me further improve my skills. Like me, it is an opportunity for the young players to learn from the experience of senior cricketers, who will be part of the red-ball camp.

“Also, being a part of Shaheens’ tour to Darwin, it is an opportunity for me to showcase my talent and impress the selection committee ahead of a busy red-ball season.”

Last edited:
MEDIA RELEASE

International and domestic teams confirmed for 2024 Top End T20 Series

Asian powerhouses Pakistan and Bangladesh will both field representative teams in the upcoming Top End T20 Series in Darwin.

The Pakistan Shaheens, who finished runners-up in last year’s competition, are returning for the 2024 edition and will be joined by a Bangladesh High Performance squad.

Pictures of domestic General Managers with NT Cricket CEO Gavin Dovey and the Top End Series Trophy can be found here

As announced by Northern Territory Cricket last week, the Top End T20 Series will expand to a nine-team tournament, up from six teams in 2023.

The influx of domestic talent is led by the five-time KFC BBL Champion Perth Scorchers, while the Adelaide Strikers and Tasmanian Tigers will also field teams for the first time.

Defending champions the NT Strike, ACT Comets and Academy sides from the Melbourne Renegades and Melbourne Stars round out the competition.

The Top End T20 is the marquee event of the Cricket 365 program which showcases the next generation of Australian players continuing their progression to domestic and international cricket.

Last year Jake Fraser-McGurk and Will Sutherland lit up the Top End T20 before springboarding into the domestic season and earning international debuts during the summer.

Gavin Dovey, NT Cricket CEO said:

“We’re thrilled the Top End T20 Series will expand this year and continue to bring the best emerging domestic and international talent to the Northern Territory.”

“To have two cricket powerhouses in Pakistan and Bangladesh now participating alongside half of the Big Bash League Franchises is a testament to the potential of winter cricket in the Territory.”

Kade Harvey, Perth Scorchers General Manager said:

“We’re thrilled to be part of the Top End T20 Series, which has grown significantly since it started.

“The competition adds another layer to what our pre-season would typically be, exposing players to tournament conditions ahead of the Australian domestic season.

“It’s also a great opportunity for some of WA’s most promising prospects to test themselves against quality opponents from Australia and Asia.

“We’re grateful for all the work put in by everybody at NT Cricket, who make the event possible each year.”

Blair Crouch, Melbourne Stars General Manager said:

“We are thrilled to be returning to the Northern Territory for the third year in a row with the Melbourne Stars Academy.

“This tournament plays an important role for us in identifying young talent within the T20 system in Victoria and gives invaluable experience to our contracted players and those in the academy by being able to experience tournament conditions in what is traditionally the middle of their preseason.

“My thanks go to Gavin and the team at NT Cricket for their tremendous work and we’re looking forward to the expanded competition this year.”

Usman Wahla, PCB Director International Cricket said:

“I am grateful to Northern Territory for inviting the Pakistan Shaheens for the second success year.

"Last year, the players had a memorable experience and enjoyed playing and performing in excellent playing conditions, in front of enthusiastic cricket fans."

Naimur Rahman, Bangladesh Cricket Board’s High Performance unit Chairman said:

"We extend our heartfelt thanks to Northern Territory Cricket and Cricket Australia for inviting the BCB High Performance team to the prestigious Top End Series.

“This opportunity will undoubtedly provide invaluable experience to our players, exposing them to a high standard of competition."

Beginning on Friday 9 August, the nine teams will battle it out across 30 action-packed T20s and 10 days of cricket across multiple venues.

Each team will play six fixtures during the round robin ahead of the Finals Day on Sunday 18 August.

Broadcast information and squads for the tournament will be announced shortly.

2024 Top End T20 fixture

Friday 9 August

6:00pm: Northern Territory vs. Perth Scorchers | DXC Arena

Saturday 10 August

10:00am: Melbourne Renegades vs. Melbourne Stars | DXC Arena

3:00pm: Perth Scorchers vs. Pakistan Shaheens | DXC Arena

6:00pm: Tasmania vs. Adelaide Strikers | TIO Stadium

Sunday 11 August

10:00am: Bangladesh HP vs. Melbourne Renegades | Gardens Oval

1:00pm: Adelaide Strikers vs. Northern Territory | Gerry Wood Oval

3:00pm: Pakistan Shaheens vs. Melbourne Stars | Gardens Oval

Monday 12 August

10:00am: Tasmania vs. Northern Territory | TIO Stadium

2:00pm: Perth Scorchers vs. ACT Comets | DXC Arena

6:00pm: Tasmania vs. Bangladesh HP | TIO Stadium

Tuesday 13 August

10:00am: Melbourne Stars vs. Adelaide Strikers | Cazaly’s Arena

1:00pm: Northern Territory vs. Melbourne Renegades | DXC Arena

3:00pm: Melbourne Stars vs. ACT Comets | Cazaly’s Arena

6:00pm: Tasmania vs. Pakistan Shaheens | DXC Arena

Wednesday 14 August

10:00am: Melbourne Renegades vs. Perth Scorchers | Cazaly’s Arena

1:00pm: Adelaide Strikers vs. Bangladesh HP | DXC Arena

3:00pm: Melbourne Renegades vs. Tasmania | Cazaly’s Arena

6:00pm: Northern Territory vs. Melbourne Stars | DXC Arena

Thursday 15 August

1:00pm: ACT Comets vs. Bangladesh HP | TIO Stadium

3:00pm: Perth Scorchers vs. Adelaide Strikers | Gardens Oval

6:00pm: Melbourne Renegades vs. Pakistan Shaheens | TIO Stadium

Friday 16 August

10:00am: Tasmania vs. Melbourne Stars | TIO Stadium

2:00pm: ACT Comets vs. Northern Territory | Gardens Oval

6:00pm: Pakistan Shaheens vs. Bangladesh HP | TIO Stadium

Saturday 17 August

10:00am: ACT Comets vs. Adelaide Strikers | DXC Arena

2:00pm: Bangladesh HP vs. Perth Scorchers | TIO Stadium

6:00pm: ACT Comets vs. Pakistan Shaheens | DXC Arena

Sunday 18 August

10:00am: Semi-Final 1 | DXC Arena

10:00am: Semi-Final 2 | TIO Stadium

4:00pm: Final | DXC Arena

A pre-season fielding and fitness camp has begun in Karachi. The players were briefed about the camp by the commandant, Mohammad Masroor, and participated in a morning gym session. Two players, Tayyab Tahir and Mubasir Khan, will join the camp tomorrow. However, Mohammad Wasim Junior will not be attending the camp as he is completing his rehab at the National Cricket Academy in Lahore.

Umar Amin is a bit old for a Shaheens tour but overall it's a good squad.

I hope Gillespie can turn Dahani from a cringey bonga into a threatening fast bowler.
Umar Amin , poor guy didnt get his enough chances... Babar kept on playing Asif Ali, Ifthikar , Danish Aziz, Nawaz, Shadab khan , khushdil shah etc... Umar Amin would have been the mainstay at no.4 if given the proper chance or some other batsman like Kamran Ghulam, Saud Shakeel , Tayyab Tahir , Omair bin Yousuf etc in the middle order...

Poor that he doesnt come from Lahori or Peshawari cult that is backed blindly for zero tailunt by the current and past senior players

Umar Amin , poor guy didnt get his enough chances... Babar kept on playing Asif Ali, Ifthikar , Danish Aziz, Nawaz, Shadab khan , khushdil shah etc... Umar Amin would have been the mainstay at no.4 if given the proper chance or some other batsman like Kamran Ghulam, Saud Shakeel , Tayyab Tahir , Omair bin Yousuf etc in the middle order...

Poor that he doesnt come from Lahori or Peshawari cult that is backed blindly for zero tailunt by the current and past senior players
He should have played a bit more especially test cricket.

Kamran Ghulam looks a limited player.

Usama Baloch is a better option.

Safi is already established he doesn't need this tour.

Muhammad Akhlaq should of been given a chance.

Pakistan Shaheens odis

Sahibzada Farhan
Omair Bin Yousuf
Kamran Ghullam
Mohammad Huraira
Tayyab Tahir
Haseebullah
Mubasir Khan
Mehran Mumtaz
Hunain Shah
Dahani
Khurram Shahzad

T20s

Farhaan
Omair Bin Yousuf
Tayyab Tahir
Kamran Ghullam
Haseebullah
Irfan Khan
Mubasir Khan
Mumtaz
Husnain
Dahani
Shahzad
For which squad?

Umar Amin is a very good player who if properly backed could have gone on to do big things. However, I think he also had issues handling pressure on the big stage. I’d still like to see him get a chance.

Umar Amin is a very good player who if properly backed could have gone on to do big things. However, I think he also had issues handling pressure on the big stage. I’d still like to see him get a chance.

Him and other seniors in this camp, they are TTFs.

We have become so desperate.

How about teach 8 year olds properly and then hope for the best in 12 years. If we had done this 12 years ago we would have fixed all our problems and a steady stream of young athletes that would have followed.

Him and other seniors in this camp, they are TTFs.

We have become so desperate.

How about teach 8 year olds properly and then hope for the best in 12 years. If we had done this 12 years ago we would have fixed all our problems and a steady stream of young athletes that would have followed.
Agreed but we need to plug the hole for the next 12 years with someone 😂

Apart from Qasim Akram, one more name that I would like to mention is Arafat Minhas. Why is he not there?

Where is Obaid Shah?

Qasim AKram was once called the future captain of the Pakistan team and his name is not there for the camp.

Is this another one of those "ONLY KNOWN AND LIKED PEOPLE ALLOWED" type camp?

Pakistan Shaheens' tour to Darwin

Fast bowler Mohammad Ali named as 15th player for Pakistan Shaheens’ red-ball matches in Darwin

Pakistan Shaheens will play two four-day matches against Bangladesh A from 19-22 July and 26-29 July

Mohammad Ali will attend Pakistan Shaheens’ camp in Karachi, which will be held from 8-13 July

Pakistan red-ball head coach Jason Gillespie will supervise the camp and will also travel to Darwin for the two red-ball matches

Pakistan Shaheens will also play two 50-over matches besides participating in the nine-team Top End T20 Series from 4-18 August

Abdul Rehman will be the head coach for white-ball matches; Mohammad Masroor will be assistant coach for red and white-ball matches​

Again no Sufiyaan Muqeem or Faisal Akram. No focus on strengthening our spin bowling options.

Kaptaan about to become Azam Khan 2.0 😂 what a disgrace this guy has become.. zero fitness, zero intelligence and zero batting

1719868099722.png

Kaptaan about to become Azam Khan 2.0 😂 what a disgrace this guy has become.. zero fitness, zero intelligence and zero batting

View attachment 144965
Rohit unfortunately has a belly too, but Babar is not as cricket smart as Rohit.

Seeing the trend of Pak players showing off their training, Ifti’s one was the best, literally bare minimum.

Rohit unfortunately has a belly too, but Babar is not as cricket smart as Rohit.

Seeing the trend of Pak players showing off their training, Ifti’s one was the best, literally bare minimum.
Rohit is class and the belly was more prominent towards the end of his career. Babar is looking like an out of shape uncle in what’s supposed to be the prime of his career

@Savak Babar has really let himself go since 2021. He was super duper fit back then.

That tells you everything you need to know. What Hafeez and Wahab have said about the teams lackluster attitude towards fitness when Misbah left and Ramiz gave Babar all powerful authority in the teams affairs is true.

Kohli did not need anyone to put a gun to his head in 2012 to turn around his training and eating habits, he did it himself.

This tells you that Babar is in reality an indisciplined softie and does not really have the work ethic, desire to take his game to the next level.

Rohit is fat but he has power.

People need to realise that if you're a player who has actually achieved something then people will let it go.

His belly isn't an issue if he was the best PP opener in wc 2023 and his innings in semi final + The game against australia is what sealed the path for India reaching finals, plus he's a great leader.

People call him choker but they don't realise that he started captaining in 2022,and in each tournament he's improved.

2022: Reached semi's

2023: Won asia cup and Reached finals

2024: Won the cup and went unbeaten.

Babar meanwhile will get made fun of if his performance is crap. Unlike rohit, Babar's performance is consistently decreasing.

2019-2021: best batter for pakistan in 2019 and highest run getter in 2021, was a solid accumulator and fans belived in the coming years he'd up his game to the next level and develop that much needed 5th gear.

2022: Crashed like a deck of Cards in the tournament as an opener but still team Reached the final.

2023: Horrifically poor batting on batting paradise pitches where 23 year old rachin is outperforming him, heck rizwan, Abdullah and fakhar all 3 outperformed him. Got thrashed around but still Reached 5th on the group stage barely not making it in semi's. Sane with asia cup, Barely exited a chance at the final.

2024: couldn't even make it to S8's and his innings especially against USA was horrible and meme worthy.

Jason Gillespie in da house!

Let's see what changes we will see with the Shaheens approach.

Shahnawaz Dahani, Usman Qadir, and Sarfaraz are back in contention

1720356668423.png

1720356718675.png

We need proper tours for the A team. We end up playing Zimbabwe or BD and we learn nothing at all. A 3 Test tour to South Africa would filter out the dross and then you can spend the money on the guys worth investing in.
After a tour to SA, I suspect you might be left with all your money on the table after discovering everyone got stuck in that dross filter - and find the next day all that money from the table disappeared too somehow.

Jason Gillespie in da house!

Let's see what changes we will see with the Shaheens approach.
Nothing will change. We will continue to be the same inconsistent, average team as per the last 3 decades and bar the IK era from 82 to 92, even before that. The World has left us behind and we don't have the institutional skills or the talent to change that. I hope I am wrong but the chances are that I am not.

Rohit is fat but he has power.

People need to realise that if you're a player who has actually achieved something then people will let it go.

His belly isn't an issue if he was the best PP opener in wc 2023 and his innings in semi final + The game against australia is what sealed the path for India reaching finals, plus he's a great leader.

People call him choker but they don't realise that he started captaining in 2022,and in each tournament he's improved.

2022: Reached semi's

2023: Won asia cup and Reached finals

2024: Won the cup and went unbeaten.

Babar meanwhile will get made fun of if his performance is crap. Unlike rohit, Babar's performance is consistently decreasing.

2019-2021: best batter for pakistan in 2019 and highest run getter in 2021, was a solid accumulator and fans belived in the coming years he'd up his game to the next level and develop that much needed 5th gear.

2022: Crashed like a deck of Cards in the tournament as an opener but still team Reached the final.

2023: Horrifically poor batting on batting paradise pitches where 23 year old rachin is outperforming him, heck rizwan, Abdullah and fakhar all 3 outperformed him. Got thrashed around but still Reached 5th on the group stage barely not making it in semi's. Sane with asia cup, Barely exited a chance at the final.

2024: couldn't even make it to S8's and his innings especially against USA was horrible and meme worthy.
Just to add, Rohit Sharma's Yo Yo tests are as good as that of Kohli. He is able to run and field and field as competitively as anyone and can play the long innings in tests too. And of course he hits those big sixes for fun.

A one-day practice match is being played between Pakistan Whites and Pakistan Greens at the UBL Sports Complex.​

Under the leadership of Umar Amin, Pakistan Greens won the toss against Pakistan Whites led by Saud Shakeel and decided to bat first.
A one-day practice match will also be played between the two teams at the UBL Sports Complex tomorrow.
Imam-ul-Haq is not playing today’s match due to nausea.

tAK2ggH.jpeg

3CbTQsL.jpeg

Is Darwin comparable to the main Aussie grounds in terms of pitches abd conditions ? I thought Darwin is closer to tropical conditions ?

Guys i am just confused as there seems to be no coverage at all over the web. I thought Pakistan were playing Srilanka for two tests away in one and half weeks or so is that correct or not?

Guys i am just confused as there seems to be no coverage at all over the web. I thought Pakistan were playing Srilanka for two tests away in one and half weeks or so is that correct or not?
Nope. Pakistan's next game is against Bangladesh at home.

A one-day practice match is being played between Pakistan Whites and Pakistan Greens at the UBL Sports Complex.​

Under the leadership of Umar Amin, Pakistan Greens won the toss against Pakistan Whites led by Saud Shakeel and decided to bat first.
A one-day practice match will also be played between the two teams at the UBL Sports Complex tomorrow.
Imam-ul-Haq is not playing today’s match due to nausea.

tAK2ggH.jpeg

3CbTQsL.jpeg

The practice match has been called-off due to rain.

Scores in brief:

Pakistan Greens 264-5, 39 overs (Kamran Ghulam 78 not out, Sahibzada Farhan 78 retired out, Mubasir Khan 32; Faisal Akram 2-45, Usman Qadir 2-59)

Pakistan Whites 10-0, 2 overs

Match scenario practice for the players during the red-ball camp in Karachi

ATlqsgG.jpg

zK3II6I.jpg

fZdernO.jpg

tOSDlBI.jpg

GvTuymA.jpg

Last edited:
Hear from the players as they share insights from the red-ball camp in Karachi

The training camp of Pakistan Shaheens is underway under the supervision of coach Jason Gillespie. The players participated in the net session today.

qmt1sSY.jpg

Rm78m1Q.jpg

P9sz6L9.jpg

VnvjB9c.jpg

Sahibzada Farhan to lead Pakistan Shaheens in red-ball matches in Australia

Karachi, 12 July 2024:

Sahibzada Farhan has been named captain of Pakistan Shaheens for two four-day matches against Bangladesh ‘A’, that will be played in Darwin, Australia from 19 to 29 July.

28-year-old Sahibzada Farhan has featured for Pakistan in five T20Is. The right-handed batter has also played 58 first-class matches, scoring 4,401 runs, which includes eight centuries and 27 half-centuries.

On the tour, Pakistan Shaheens are also scheduled to play two 50-over matches and nine-team T20 tournament in Darwin. The captain for the white-ball series will be announced in due course.

The 15-member red-ball Shaheens’ squad are all set to depart for Darwin in the wee hours of Saturday from Karachi via Dubai. In the squad, fast bowler Hunain Shah has been replaced with spinner Faisal Akram, after the former was ruled out of the tour due to back injury.

Pakistan red-ball head coach Jason Gillespie is also traveling with the side to Darwin as the team’s head coach. He will return to Pakistan in the first week of August after the second four-day match against Bangladesh ‘A’, which concludes on 29 July. Former Australian fast bowler will assume responsibilities as the national side’s head coach and commence preparations for the two-Test series against Bangladesh, which will be played in Rawalpindi and Karachi.

Pakistan Shaheens
- Sahibzada Farhan (captain), Faisal Akram, Haseebullah, Kamran Ghulam, Kashif Ali, Khurram Shahzad, Mehran Mumtaz, Mohammad Ali, Mohammad Huraira, Mubasir Khan, Muhammad Irfan Khan, Omair Bin Yousuf, Shahnawaz Dahani, Tayyab Tahir and Umar Amin.

Player Support Personnel – Jason Gillespie (head coach for red-ball matches), Abdul Rehman (head coach for white-ball matches and will join the side on 28 July), Mohammad Masroor (Assistant coach-cum-manager), Mohammad Asad (physiotherapist), Imranullah (trainer) and Usman Hashmi (analyst).

Last edited:
Sahibzada Farhan to lead Pakistan Shaheens in red-ball matches in Australia

Karachi, 12 July 2024:

Sahibzada Farhan has been named captain of Pakistan Shaheens for two four-day matches against Bangladesh ‘A’, that will be played in Darwin, Australia from 19 to 29 July.

28-year-old Sahibzada Farhan has featured for Pakistan in five T20Is. The right-handed batter has also played 58 first-class matches, scoring 4,401 runs, which includes eight centuries and 27 half-centuries.

On the tour, Pakistan Shaheens are also scheduled to play two 50-over matches and nine-team T20 tournament in Darwin. The captain for the white-ball series will be announced in due course.

The 15-member red-ball Shaheens’ squad are all set to depart for Darwin in the wee hours of Saturday from Karachi via Dubai. In the squad, fast bowler Hunain Shah has been replaced with spinner Faisal Akram, after the former was ruled out of the tour due to back injury.

Pakistan red-ball head coach Jason Gillespie is also traveling with the side to Darwin as the team’s head coach. He will return to Pakistan in the first week of August after the second four-day match against Bangladesh ‘A’, which concludes on 29 July. Former Australian fast bowler will assume responsibilities as the national side’s head coach and commence preparations for the two-Test series against Bangladesh, which will be played in Rawalpindi and Karachi.

Pakistan Shaheens - Sahibzada Farhan (captain), Faisal Akram, Haseebullah, Kamran Ghulam, Kashif Ali, Khurram Shahzad, Mehran Mumtaz, Mohammad Ali, Mohammad Huraira, Mubasir Khan, Muhammad Irfan Khan, Omair Bin Yousuf, Shahnawaz Dahani, Tayyab Tahir and Umar Amin.

Player Support Personnel – Jason Gillespie (head coach for red-ball matches), Abdul Rehman (head coach for white-ball matches and will join the side on 28 July), Mohammad Masroor (Assistant coach-cum-manager), Mohammad Asad (physiotherapist), Imranullah (trainer) and Usman Hashmi (analyst).
Sahibzada Farhan, while addressing the press conference:

"I have heard that performance gets affected after becoming a captain. However, I captained my region, Peshawar, in which we won the One-Day title, and I also captained in 4-day cricket, in which I was the top run-scorer, so my performance was unaffected. I know this is at a national level for Pakistan, so I will try to do my best."

"I have played almost all of my cricket as an opener. I would appreciate a chance at my position. As you know I have not gotten a proper chance on my number, like others had. I am also from this Pakistan, and I also play the same domestic cricket. I also have this right. After my performance, for the last 3 years. I am hopeful to get a chance soon."

The Pakistan Shaheens cricket team has arrived at Jinnah International Airport.

The Pakistan Shaheens will depart from Karachi to Brisbane via Dubai. During the Australia tour, the Pakistan Shaheens will play a series of two four-day matches against Bangladesh A.

The tour will also include participation in two one-day matches and a T20 tournament.

Pakistan Shaheens have arrived in Brisbane.

According to local time, Pakistan Shaheens will arrive in Darwin at 10 pm tonight.

Pakistan Shaheens are on a tour of Australia, where they will play a series of two four-day matches against Bangladesh A.

In addition to the four-day matches, Pakistan Shaheens will also participate in two one-day matches and a T20 tournament.

Haris to captain Pakistan Shaheens’ white-ball side in Darwin

Mohammad Haris has been appointed as Pakistan Shaheens white-ball captain for the two 50-over matches and nine-team Top End T20 series to be played from 4-18 August in Darwin, Australia.

Haris last captained Pakistan Shaheens in the ACC Men’s Emerging Teams Asia Cup 2023 in Colombo. In the final, Pakistan Shaheens defeated India by 128 runs to successfully defend the title.

Pakistan Shaheens are already in Darwin for two four-day matches against Bangladesh ‘A’ from 19-22 July and 26-29 July. Shaheens’ 50-over matches will be against Northern Territory (NT) and Bangladesh ‘A’ on 4 and 6 August, respectively before the T20 series commences on 9 August. Other participating teams in the T20 series are ACT Comets, Bangladesh ‘A’, Melbourne Renegades, Melbourne Stars, Perth Scorchers, Northern Territory Strike, Adelaide Strikers and Tasmania.

For the white-ball matches, seven changes have been made from the red-ball side. Abdul Faseeh, Arafat Minhas, Arif Yaqoob, Jahandad Khan, Mohammad Haris, Mohammad Imran Jnr and Usman Khan will replace Kamran Ghulam, Khurram Shahzad, Mehran Mumtaz, Mohammad Ali, Mubasir Khan, Tayyab Tahir and Umar Amin.

Pakistan Shaheens will feature in the Darwin series for the second successive year. Last year, NT Strike had defeated Shaheens in the Top End T20 Series final by 46 runs, before Pakistan Shaheens beat PNG by 224 runs and Northern Strike by 84 runs in the two One-day matches.

Squad: Mohammad Haris (captain), Abdul Faseeh, Arafat Minhas, Arif Yaqoob, Faisal Akram, Haseebullah (wicketkeeper/batter), Muhammad Irfan Khan, Jahandad Khan, Kashif Ali, Mohammad Huraira, Mohammad Imran Jnr, Omair bin Yousuf, Sahibzada Farhan, Shahnawaz Dahani and Usman Khan

Player Support Personnel: Abdul Rehman (head coach), Mohammad Masroor (Assistant coach-cum-manager), Mohammad Asad (physiotherapist), Imranullah (trainer) and Usman Hashmi (analyst).

Schedule of white-ball matches

4 Aug – 50-over match vs Northern Territory (NT)
6 Aug – 50 over match vs Bangladesh ‘A’
10 Aug – vs Perth Scorchers (Top End T20 Series)
11 Aug – vs Melbourne Stars (Top End T20 Series)
13 Aug – vs Tasmania (Top End T20 Series)
15 Aug – vs Melbourne Renegades (Top End T20 Series)
16 Aug – vs Bangladesh ‘A’ (Top End T20 Series)
17 Aug – vs ACT Comets (Top End T20 Series)

Back