PM Shehbaz Sharif approves the appointment of Najam Sethi as PCB Chairman

Ok Rameez.

I have been saying it for years. My views are my own. I have seen coaches at 1st hand and I explained what they do at the higher levels. Maybe some day you will get to talk to players and you too will understand. Your understanding of coaching comes from watching the u11s, you need to speak to players about what they do.

This is simply a gift for the loyalty shown to the Sharif family and PML N.

Sethi hasn't even publically announced or sold what his vision for Pakistan Cricket is, how he intends to fix things, what lessons did he learn from his previous tenure, what will he do differently this time? He had a 5 year tenure in which he presided over the failures of the 2014 T20 WC, 2015 ODI WC, 2016 T20 WC. The only talking success of his tenure are the PSL and the 2017 CT.

YESS.

Happy to see Ramiz Raja being sacked. He gave too much power to Babar and hired an incompetent management that led to his downfall. PML N were waiting for poor results to sack him

The Shahbaz govt showed maturity by giving Ramiz a continued run however Ramiz did opposite of what he used to say, when he used to be a commentator.

Mohd Wasim made awful unexplained selections like how did Mohd Ali got the test cap? We went over all the other Pace bowlers, to a complete newbie and also How did Salman Agha got selected, when his bowling ability is same as that of Azhar Ali & as a batsman he is far behind players like Haris Sohail, Kamran Ghulam and Fawad Alam etc.

Coach selections were also bizzare, Ramiz who advocated modern coaches went for a couple of Uncles like Saqlain and Moyo. Seriously why? is that the best he can find? Captiancy is another big issue, Babar has been sacked by his PSL team in favor of Imad Wasim. Babar is the best batsman Pakistan has but he is not captiancy material it is clear. With captain like Babar and a couple uncles as coaches Pakistan had no chance against Bazball.

Brendon Macullam played for Lahore Qalander. Ramiz should have tried to hire him as our coach. As a Captain Baz changed the was NZ plays it Cricket and now he has done the same for England. Pakistan needs someone like him.
Not washed up uncles.

Last edited:
I have been saying it for years. My views are my own. I have seen coaches at 1st hand and I explained what they do at the higher levels. Maybe some day you will get to talk to players and you too will understand. Your understanding of coaching comes from watching the u11s, you need to speak to players about what they do.

When you run out of arguments, you do a name drop without name dropping, second time you have used I-actually-talk-to-professional-player 'argument' over two separate discussions. Pitiful.

The Shahbaz govt showed maturity by giving Ramiz a continued run however Ramiz did opposite of what he used to say, when he used to be a commentator.

Mohd Wasim made awful unexplained selections like how did Mohd Ali got the test cap? We went over all the other Pace bowlers, to a complete newbie and also How did Salman Agha got selected, when his bowling ability is same as that of Azhar Ali & as a batsman he is far behind players like Haris Sohail, Kamran Ghulam and Fawad Alam etc.

Coach selections were also bizzare, Ramiz who advocated modern coaches went for a couple of Uncles like Saqlain and Moyo. Seriously why? is that the best he can find? Captiancy is another big issue, Babar has been sacked by his PSL team in favor of Imad Wasim. Babar is the best batsman Pakistan has but he is not captiancy material it is clear. With captain like Babar and a couple uncles as coaches Pakistan had no chance against Bazball.

Brendon Macullam played for Lahore Qalander. Ramiz should have tried to hire him as our coach. As a Captain Baz changed the was NZ plays it Cricket and now he has done the same for England. Pakistan needs someone like him.
Not washed up uncles.

The chance of McCullum becoming our coach is the same as us winning the World Test Championship- basically a big fat ZERO!

Sethi's love for his rent-seeking cronies (Shakeel Sheikh et all) is a big problem. He has also seemingly reinstated the 2014 Constitution and brought back departmental cricket. Which will probably mean 12 teams---8 of which will probably be there just to make up the numbers, because all the best players will probably be playing for SNGPL or HBL. Good luck trying to build regional cricket or getting people interested in anything on the local level that isn't the PSL, or trying to have good, competitive FC cricket system.

On the plus side though we will probably get a foreign coach and Qudrat ka Nizam bhai will be sent packing. Also, Ramiz Raja will not be in-charge.

Last edited:
Also, what happens if Imran gets reelected? Will the domestic system be overhauled yet again? It's absolute madness that domestic cricket in Pakistan is this politicized. Politicians, who understand very little about cricket keep putting their cronies in-charge of cricket, who keep overhauling our domestic system after every 4-5 years. In the meantime its the system that suffers because nothing is allowed to settle.

Also, what happens if Imran gets reelected? Will the domestic system be overhauled yet again? It's absolute madness that domestic cricket in Pakistan is this politicized. Politicians, who understand very little about cricket keep putting their cronies in-charge of cricket, who keep overhauling our domestic system after every 4-5 years. In the meantime its the system that suffers because nothing is allowed to settle.

It's over bro..back to the future. We have literally gone back 10 years..what a country..I clung on..I really did. I saw some change some hope..some good players...they lit things up...we were seeing progress..but I'm done. I'm now getting on and life is too short..I hope but in pakistans case hope is the first step to dissapointment.

I'll still watch the boys but don't expect miracles. I just can't be bothered anymore.

It's over bro..back to the future. We have literally gone back 10 years..what a country..I clung on..I really did. I saw some change some hope..some good players...they lit things up...we were seeing progress..but I'm done. I'm now getting on and life is too short..I hope but in pakistans case hope is the first step to dissapointment.

I'll still watch the boys but don't expect miracles. I just can't be bothered anymore.

It was already game over when you unjustly made those moves at the time of Sarfaraz’s ousting. I am a firm believer of Allah’s swift justice

It arrives, sometimes sooner rather than later, but it most certainly arrives because he is best of planners.

Let us have 50 departmental teams.Pakistan will win every ICC competition it has 50 or more FC teams.Australia should copy Pakistan and increase the number of it’s teams from six to 50.

Should have done it during my days of playing club cricket, I would had fulfilled my wish of playing FC cricket.

Sorry for language but there is a saying in punjabi " jithy di khoti, othy aan kholuti". I can officially say that pakistan cricket will not survive more than 2 decades our kids will not play cricket.

Sana Mir opts out of the Committee

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It is very humbling to be named in the PCB mgmt com&#55357;&#56911;&#55356;&#57340;.I would like to express my gratitude to all decision makers & everyone around the world who congratulated me.For now,I'll not be able to participate as I look fwd to contribute through my independent voice in FICA & thru comm.</p>— Sana Mir ثناء میر (@mir_sana05) <a href="https://twitter.com/mir_sana05/status/1606205984807915520?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 23, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sana Mir opts out of the Committee

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It is very humbling to be named in the PCB mgmt com&#55357;&#56911;&#55356;&#57340;.I would like to express my gratitude to all decision makers & everyone around the world who congratulated me.For now,I'll not be able to participate as I look fwd to contribute through my independent voice in FICA & thru comm.</p>— Sana Mir ثناء میر (@mir_sana05) <a href="https://twitter.com/mir_sana05/status/1606205984807915520?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 23, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Good riddance

Never agreed with her views on certain players anyways

It was already game over when you unjustly made those moves at the time of Sarfaraz’s ousting. I am a firm believer of Allah’s swift justice

It arrives, sometimes sooner rather than later, but it most certainly arrives because he is best of planners.

The only thing you believe in, is defending your substandard views on this platform. That justice you speak of doesn’t apply when it goes against your views.

Looking forward to Asif Ali as captain.

The only thing you believe in, is defending your substandard views on this platform. That justice you speak of doesn’t apply when it goes against your views.

Looking forward to Asif Ali as captain.

InshaAllah, if appointed as captain he will do well because he will play 100% for his team first

Back