Post Pictures of your Kit

I think Ihsan Lynx is slightly more expensive than CA TRD LE.

AS xkalibur80 bhai said Boom Boom bats are made by Ihsan in Pakistan.

Were those bats there actual bats? I mean was it Rahul Dravid's and Yousuf Pathan's actual bat which they used in international games? If so do you mind posting pictures of them?

Thnx.

Yes they were actual bats.
The Rahul dravid bat was awesome. Got his original autograph on it. The chairman of my brothers company invited Rahul at dinner. Rahul gave his original bat with autograph to them. That bat is taken by my bro and he is in UK. Sorry can't post the Pic.

And Yousuf's bat was used by SHAHZAIB in the Pantanular One-day Tournament with CA's stickers on it. Shahzaib was the man of the tournament :D The bat was broken in the match against Federal Areas Leopards. So again can't post the pics.

Well, as i earlier told there was huge difference between the Indian and Pak bats. Indian bats were very gud in balance and there handle was very gud.

Thnx.

Yes they were actual bats.
The Rahul dravid bat was awesome. Got his original autograph on it. The chairman of my brothers company invited Rahul at dinner. Rahul gave his original bat with autograph to them. That bat is taken by my bro and he is in UK. Sorry can't post the Pic.

And Yousuf's bat was used by SHAHZAIB in the Pantanular One-day Tournament with CA's stickers on it. Shahzaib was the man of the tournament :D The bat was broken in the match against Federal Areas Leopards. So again can't post the pics.

Well, as i earlier told there was huge difference between the Indian and Pak bats. Indian bats were very gud in balance and there handle was very gud.

Ahh okay, it would have been great if there were pictures, but nevertheless don't worry about.

It depends which Indian bat are you talking about and which Pakistan bat you are talking about. I have seen some Indian bats with poor balance and have seen some with good balance and same applies for Pakistani bats.

I think sunny miyyan is talking about professional players bats so obviously they will have nice balance, pick up and good handles.

I tried to take a pictures of my bats, pads and gloves but it didnt come out so good. Pictures didnt really do justice and in real my kit looks like a international players kit but in pictures it didnt look so good. I might still post a picture or 2 later.

Last edited:
Ahh okay, it would have been great if there were pictures, but nevertheless don't worry about.

It depends which Indian bat are you talking about and which Pakistan bat you are talking about. I have seen some Indian bats with poor balance and have seen some with good balance and same applies for Pakistani bats.

i will post some pics of shahzaib's bat soon.

Had so many MBs bat but no sticker on it :(

I think sunny miyyan is talking about professional players bats so obviously they will have nice balance, pick up and good handles.

G bhai jan. U r right. I don't know about their local brands. Luckily got some awesome bats of fantastic players in the past. Pietersen's woodworm bat was one those. I just can't forget these bats. They were Classic.

allnewkitphoto3.jpg
allnewkitphoto5.jpg

allnewkitphoto2.jpg
Image0630.jpg

]
Image0631.jpg
allnewkitphoto1.jpg

My Kit so far for 2011. In real it looks like an international players kit but in pictures it doesnt look so good(pictures dont do justice at all).

Last edited:
Great kit Majid Bhai! MashAllah, it looks superb!

By the way, where are SS Matrix pads?

I'm trying to talk to Asad Bhai abt buying a newbery GT 335 soon but hes not responding to my messages so I think now I might buy a boom boom 3 or 4 star frm Armie if he does a good price.

Plus, newbery bats aren't that good, I had a Newbery Mjolnir and the ball just doesn't seem to ping off the bat though it has a decent pick up. I've also tried a few of my friends Newbery bats and they don't seem to good either.

Oh yeah I remember it now. Didn't you sell you SS gloves with it as well?

Yaar Mjolnr is a bakwaas shape so forget that. GT335 is a very good shapeand I would say go for that.

Nahin dosta never sold any SS gloves. Your right Mjolnir is bakwaas and GT 335 is very good shape but bats such as newbery are not good enough for me. I know newbery will perform reasonably well and is durable but one thing it wont have is as good ping or sweet middle like a Pakistani or Indian bat. For example If I play a defensive push with an AS or SS bat and the ball races away for boundary and with an English bat you cant hit boundaries which such ease. I very much rely on the bat then with my own skill/power so the bats stroke has to be top notch.

Last edited:
Nah never sold any SS gloves. Your right Mjolnir is bakwaas and GT 335 is very good shape but bats such as newbery are not good enough for the standard I play. I know newbery will perform reasonably well and is durable but one thing it wont have is as good ping or sweet middle like a Pakistani or Indian bat. For example If I play a defensive push with an AS or SS bat and the ball races away for boundary and with an English bat you cant hit boundaries which such ease.

amazing quote! what standard do you play?

amazing quote! what standard do you play?
Test standard...not really just joking I meant something else like not good enough for me my standard but you posted your reply before I finished editing my post. quote mera thoda random hai and I dont think ppl will understand what I meant by it.

Last edited:
I mean are you people for real. I play for padihum and i have 2 bats all together, and a so on other equipments. but you people are like sports direct :yk

I know what sports direct is. The original and biggest store is in my home town Nottingham.

Last edited:
Hello guys
Finally I get time to upload picture of my kits,

Attachments

• IMG_0324.jpg
    IMG_0324.jpg
    493.3 KB · Views: 988
Oh dude, I have the exact same Ihsan pads.

Overall bhai, I must say an excellent kit.

Just one question though, how much did you get the Ihsan pads for, if you don't mind telling us?

CD, I noticed you have white pads in your kitbag. Do you play in the TDCA? I always thought they don't allow white pads.

Oh dude, I have the exact same Ihsan pads.

Overall bhai, I must say an excellent kit.

Just one question though, how much did you get the Ihsan pads for, if you don't mind telling us?

thanks bro

Bhai I am really sorry but I don’t remember exactly, I know my father bought for me from hyperstar Lahore in February 2010, but i really forget the exact price , I only remember the place.
But the other pads, Ca plus, I got them from Millat sports Lahore few weeks ago for 1600rs.

Best kit so far by a mile Shahzad bhai. Where did you get the Pak test shirt frm?

thanks bro

Bhai I am really sorry but I don’t remember exactly, I know my father bought for me from hyperstar Lahore in February 2010, but i really forget the exact price , I only remember the place.
But the other pads, Ca plus, I got them from Millat sports Lahore few weeks ago for 1600rs.

No problem bhai,

As I said awesome kit and I hope it plays really well for you. :)

Hello guys
Finally I get time to upload picture of my kits,

Zabaardast zhahzadatr bhai! All of your equipment looks top notch, MashAllah. I hope it plays as good it looks, your CA 10000 Plus looks brilliant as well :)

And oh how can I forget your CA pads? They are brilliant as well!

If you don't mind can you please post detailed picture of them? ie side, from inside etc as they are latest CA pads and I'm sure many would be interested in seeing them.

Sorry if this causes too much hassle for you.

CD, I noticed you have white pads in your kitbag. Do you play in the TDCA? I always thought they don't allow white pads.

Yes bhai, I have white pads. I use club pads when a white ball is used but if pink then I use my pads.

InshAllah, this year I'll be buying padskin because I don't like spray painting my pads as it will ruin them.

And no I play in BEDCL.

Last edited:
Yes bhai, I have white pads. I use club pads when a white ball is used but if pink then I use my pads.

InshAllah, this year I'll be buying padskin because I don't like spray painting my pads as it will ruin them.

And no I play in BEDCL.

Hmm... I hate that they force you to use coloured pads, I think it's absolutely ridiculous seeing as MOST if not ALL players have white pads in their kit. That's the TDCA for you!

Where can I get these padskins and how much are they?

Last edited:
Hmm... I hate that they force you to use coloured pads, I think it's absolutely ridiculous seeing as MOST is not ALL players have pads in their kit. That's the TDCA for you!

Where can I get these padskins and how much are they?

Its not only TDCA, in fact, happens with others too. With white ball coloured pads are compulsory whereas with pink ball you can use white plus coloured pads.

Am looking for them as well, heard Bali Sports have them but didn't get a chance to drop by and check how much they are going for.

Its not only TDCA, in fact, happens with others too. With white ball coloured pads are compulsory whereas with pink ball you can use white plus coloured pads.

Am looking for them as well, heard Bali Sports have them but didn't get a chance to drop by and check how much they are going for.

Actually did some browsing and it looks as though the company that manufactured padskins is out of business. They sold for about 13 pounds which seems fair enough.

Anyhow, I don't think they'd be too hard to make with some good black cloth and my Nani's sewing talents. :)

Actually did some browsing and it looks as though the company that manufactured padskins is out of business. They sold for about 13 pounds which seems fair enough.

Anyhow, I don't think they'd be too hard to make with some good black cloth and my Nani's sewing talents. :)

Yes, Richard got bankkrupted or closed it. However, there is one called clads and they are in Australia.

Bali Sports is 5 minutes away from my home so will drop there and buy from there.

Actually it is basically made out of nylon one used in baselayers etc so that is the one which is used to make those.

It wouldn't be more than $20 at Bali Sports.

Personally I'd never spray paint my GM or Malik pads ever!

Yes, Richard got bankkrupted or closed it. However, there is one called clads and they are in Australia.

Bali Sports is 5 minutes away from my home so will drop there and buy from there.

Actually it is basically made out of nylon one used in baselayers etc so that is the one which is used to make those.

It wouldn't be more than $20 at Bali Sports.

Personally I'd never spray paint my GM or Malik pads ever!

Yup, there's absolutely no way I'm spray painting my GMs!

I figured it would be made of nylon so I'll hit up the local FabricLand and see what I find. LOL

I would just buy them from Bali but Mississauga is way farther than I'd like to drive.

Yup, there's absolutely no way I'm spray painting my GMs!

I figured it would be made of nylon so I'll hit up the local FabricLand and see what I find. LOL

I would just buy them from Bali but Mississauga is way farther than I'd like to drive.

Good move :14:

LOL, you can try

Actually I'm not 100% sure whether they have them or not. I have heard from someone, will let you know once I drop down and have a look at them.

Best kit so far by a mile Shahzad bhai. Where did you get the Pak test shirt frm?

Majid bhai I bought from a cricket shop in Lahore 2 year ago, actually i was in pak and went there to buy a good kit for a match, the owner told me he has a good Slazenger one , i said yes and he showed me this original test shirts and trousers, I took it straightaway lol I paid 1300Rs

Zabaardast zhahzadatr bhai! All of your equipment looks top notch, MashAllah. I hope it plays as good it looks, your CA 10000 Plus looks brilliant as well :)

And oh how can I forget your CA pads? They are brilliant as well!

If you don't mind can you please post detailed picture of them? ie side, from inside etc as they are latest CA pads and I'm sure many would be interested in seeing them.

Sorry if this causes too much hassle for you.

shahzadatr show us more pics of those CA plus pads.

No problemz I will post them very soon, in a couple of day because im busy with studies.

There's an Australian company called Clads who do pretty much the same thing as padskins, and Adam Gilchrist endorses them.

Last edited:
Not As Good As Others, But As I Promised Here It Is..

11022011688.jpg

11022011686.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like you had taken good care of your pads, they are still in great nick I would say!

Ahh Hero's grip sucks eh? That is nothing! Have a look at my club mates gloves and look what CCX's grip did lol

Do you mind if I ask how much did you buy those 2010 Original Gloves for ?

I'm not too bothered by grips staining gloves, else I would have switched to white grips. Although I will when I get a Flare/Icon as I have a thing with keeping the stock colour on the handle.

The pads get wiped down every now and then, and I go over it with a sports shoe whitener if necessary.

The 2010 gloves were £39.99, quite disappointing to see they've gone up in price again this year.

Fair enough I would say.

You haven't really decided one out of Flare and Icon ?

Quite steep for a pair of Original gloves because I paid 30 Pounds for 2009 Original LE gloves.

This year I am thinking of upgrading my LE softs so I get a matching set with my Icon.

All LE is good stuff, wouldn't mind having Adam Lyth's kit (except not left handed obvs)
117441.jpg

Depends on how much coin I can acquire, bats and a new helmet are the top priorities.

Plan is to get a Flare or Icon 909 and a navy blue shell to replace the dented Masuri I have, send the Hero off to be refurbished and sent back stickered as either an Apex or a Luna, and at some point later in the season potentially get a GM+ 808 version of whicher of the Icon/Flare I go with.

Sounds wise I would say.

Not sure but will you be able to coupe with the heavier bats after buying a light weight in the beginning ?

There's a chance I may yet get a bat that weighs 2lb 11oz again, buying from a shop means I'll probably end up adopting the Matthew Hayden method of swinging them a few times to decide and ignore the actual weight.

As long as I stumble across a GM+ bat which feels somewhat like the other in my backlift, I won't mind.

In that case I think Icon would be the one which will have light pickup despite being GM +. But it all depends on the day and how they feel in your hands.

I held an Hero the other day and felt it very bottom heavy although I prefer low sweetspot bats but that Hero wasn't good in terms of feel at all!

The higher middled bats all feel quite similar to me, although the Hero certainly feels a bit more like a sledgehammer than other lower middled bats like the Kook Ice and various SS bats.

I really don't rate SS bats anywhere because there profile looks rubbish to me to be honest, I just can't go well with SS for some reasons.

Can't say I'm much of a fan after my cousin's Viru 309 snapped in half at the splice.

Was walking past and saw a SS handle in a club mate's kit bag.

One thing I really like about GM is that they never went to India for bats, I wished GN didn't go either.

They also wised up about their stickers, I remember fanning through a Morrant catalogue in the 90s and being taken by the Slazengers and Gray Nicolls, but never the GMs, now they're right up at the top imo.

I was watching highlights of 1999 World Cup and saw GM stickers and to be honest those looked rubbish! But these new stickers add a new life to the bats all together.

Gray Nicolls never changed there stickers, they were same since then with few bits and piece added here and there.

Slaz changed completely I would say.

Methinks it was the switch from using predominantly blue and green that did it for me.

Looking back, I can see they've taken inspiration from the past with the model name running down the back of the bat, as you can see with the Maestro being used by Steve Waugh back in 1989.
_38655447_waugh_89_right_get300.jpg

Methinks it was the switch from using predominantly blue and green that did it for me.

Looking back, I can see they've taken inspiration from the past with the model name running down the back of the bat, as you can see with the Maestro being used by Steve Waugh back in 1989.
_38655447_waugh_89_right_get300.jpg

I had never seen these stickers until now, they were before I was even born.

As time goes by many companies are adapting old style like GM with what you pointed out, Slaz to those V100 etc models, GN Legend stickers which I think resemble old era GN bats etc.

So old classic stickers are being given new touch to improve the look.

Slazenger aren't really revisiting the V series until they go back to a style similar to this.

v500_select.jpg

They have recalled those ranges, haven't they ?

Best Slaz stickers I have ever seen in my life are Oz Blade

Can't say for sure, the shape of the new V100 will probably be different to the classic V100 from when I first started playing cricket. I recall one of my brother's friends owning a 'Waugh Zone' branded V100 as it was the bat that Mark Waugh used. In fact my first bat was a V800, which Waugh also used later on in his career.
019419.jpg

There are few oldies at my club so few of them do have these old bats. One of them has V10 and even today that bat goes like rocket, literally!! It is flat like a paper and has no concaving, bow whatsoever.

Although it weighs around 2.4ish but it still does feel heavy in my hand, perhaps this is because we are not traditional style user.

What surprises me the most is that these old bats are still lasting and playing very well!

One of my club mate has Graham Gooch's Gray Nicolls Dynadrive and that bat has absolutely zero crack on facing, amazing condition!

Thank You CD.

I got the Boom Boom shirt from Karachi.. and the bat is Puma Kinetic 3000.

Thank You CD.

I got the Boom Boom shirt from Karachi.. and the bat is Puma Kinetic 3000.

Ah okay, Puma have changed Kinetic stickers fully.

Mind posting profile shot of it? Just want to compare few years old profile with this years.

I bought these shirts from millet sports lahore, I got Two, one with blue boom boom logo, and one with Red. and the quality is decent.

Ah okay, InshAllah will try to make my way to Millet Sports.

Did you get anything else added to your kit?

This is for you Uzair Bhai, as per request :)

Here is my kit. Not fancy at all but does the trick as they say. The stuff is mix bag of brands actually; never put so much attention or effort to stick to one brand, I got what I liked no matter which brand.

1. CA 12000 TRD Edition 2.9lbz
2. Newbery Thruxton SPS Hammer Edge 2.8lbz
3. Series 1 Screaming Cat Professional – Custom 2.8lbz
4. GM Original Limited Edition Pads
5. GM Purist Pro Helmet
6. White Hat
7. Skipping Rope
8. Side Arm Pro
9. Gloves: AJ, Boom Boom & Screaming Cat
10. Addidas Arm Guard
11. Box: Grey Nicolas
12. Spikes: Kookabura
13. Aero P1 Strippers V6.0 Protection (for match day)
14. Nike Shin Guards (yes these are football ones)
15. CA Thai Pad (only for nets)
16. Shades: Oakley Polarized Red Iridium (love them)
17. First Aid Kit: Contains hot/cold spray; ice pack, bandages, pain killers, antiseptic spray etc.
18. Accessories Kit: Bandanas, Wrist Bands, Ankle support etc.
19. GM Original LE Bag (with Bat Cave for 2 bats)
20. I also have another older pads from AJ Sports which I only use for nets (not in the photo)
21. Small Towel
22. In clothing I have only 1 white kit from GM … recently got 2XU Compression Top & Bottom

and the photo:

k09_6203_1.jpg

MashAllah yaar it looks very very nice really brilliant stuff.

How do you like the bag? I was quite disappointed when I see it did not have a single pocket :pissed: but for the price I got I could never refuse really lol.

I love Oakleys too but I wear a glasses but I will be sorting out issue for it soon InshAllah.

What do you use those soccer/football shin guards for?

Really like idea of first aid kit as well :)

JazaakAllah Khair for posting the picture on my request I appreciate it :)

Back