Post Pictures of your Kit

MashAllah yaar it looks very very nice really brilliant stuff.

How do you like the bag? I was quite disappointed when I see it did not have a single pocket :pissed: but for the price I got I could never refuse really lol.

I love Oakleys too but I wear a glasses but I will be sorting out issue for it soon InshAllah.

What do you use those soccer/football shin guards for?

Really like idea of first aid kit as well :)

JazaakAllah Khair for posting the picture on my request I appreciate it :)

Jazakallah Khair ...

Bag is bit heavy but it really keeps the stuff organized inside.

I use these shin guards during fielding, regardless of which position I field (my typical position is point/cover) ... It has good support around ankle + they keep the shins safe in case you miss the ball while collecting ... they are very light, I hardly feel their weight

Jazakallah Khair ...

Bag is bit heavy but it really keeps the stuff organized inside.

I use these shin guards during fielding, regardless of which position I field (my typical position is point/cover) ... It has good support around ankle + they keep the shins safe in case you miss the ball while collecting ... they are very light, I hardly feel their weight

Shin guard is a good idea actually.

I don't find the bag heavy I mean my previous MB Malik feels heavier to me but I always loved GM Original LE Duplex bag.

Mashallah, you have a top kit Kashif. If you don't mind me asking where and how much did you get the Oakley's for?

Mashallah, you have a top kit Kashif. If you don't mind me asking where and how much did you get the Oakley's for?

Jazakallah Khair

I got Oaklays from Dubai for around 325 USD (1220 AED) ... yes they are expensive in Dubai vs US ... But I loved them the moment I saw them. Ordering online was coming to same price so wasn't really great idea. Honestly they worth every single penny; with such strong sunlight they keep things so clear for you ... just amazing

I love Oakleys too but I wear a glasses but I will be sorting out issue for it soon InshAllah.

You can order Oaklay with prescribed numbers; being based in Canada it would be quite fast to get them delivered ... In fact I wanted to have a customized Polarized Iridium ones with Green & Bit of Yellow shades + my name engraved ... but locally Oaklay don’t do custom, only online ...

have a look: http://www.oakley.com/

and if you are interested in reviews of different models, have a look here: http://o-review.com/lens.asp

O28oq4H5NWhtwCZkxmS50eK1muCZkjabbu0W7fCA9Fs

Hello everyone,I am new to this forum.This is basically my kit for next season though I have added a GM Flare and Asics Gel strike rate trainers.I will probably buy Aero P2 strippers.Cheers
Ajmal

Looks impressive Blazer Bhai! Thanks for sharing!

Which GM Flare did you buy? Original LE?

Also how is that SAF, any good?

It's a 707 i bought from the jjb sale. I can't justify myself to buy above grade 2 considering my talent or lack of it lol.That SAF is a gun mate,goes like one sounds like one too,slightly heavy at 2.13.

Ah okay those Flares 707 at JJB are extremely good for its value.

Mind posting pictures of it?

Ah okay thats good but hows the pickup and finishing of SAF?

I haven't taken any photos of the GM as it has 5 grains, didn't look aesthetic but I have a feeling it will be good.I have packed everything away. I have grown to like the SAF more,the pick up is excellent for the weight and for a low middle.

Here are pictures of old and new one;

DSC01420.JPG

DSC01418.JPG

DSC01419.JPG

My Broken SAF ERUS
DSC01416.JPG

DSC01415.JPG

DSC01413.JPG

New replacement SAF;

IMAG0329%2525284%252529.jpg

DSC01626.JPG

DSC01630.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
New one looks lush, low swell looks nice.

Was the first one lighter than the new one?

Also how did your first one break if you don't mind me asking?

That BAS looks lovely brilliant bat it is seem to be. I rate BAS very high.

This is for you Uzair Bhai, as per request :)

Here is my kit. Not fancy at all but does the trick as they say. The stuff is mix bag of brands actually; never put so much attention or effort to stick to one brand, I got what I liked no matter which brand.

1. CA 12000 TRD Edition 2.9lbz
2. Newbery Thruxton SPS Hammer Edge 2.8lbz
3. Series 1 Screaming Cat Professional – Custom 2.8lbz
4. GM Original Limited Edition Pads
5. GM Purist Pro Helmet
6. White Hat
7. Skipping Rope
8. Side Arm Pro
9. Gloves: AJ, Boom Boom & Screaming Cat
10. Addidas Arm Guard
11. Box: Grey Nicolas
12. Spikes: Kookabura
13. Aero P1 Strippers V6.0 Protection (for match day)
14. Nike Shin Guards (yes these are football ones)
15. CA Thai Pad (only for nets)
16. Shades: Oakley Polarized Red Iridium (love them)
17. First Aid Kit: Contains hot/cold spray; ice pack, bandages, pain killers, antiseptic spray etc.
18. Accessories Kit: Bandanas, Wrist Bands, Ankle support etc.
19. GM Original LE Bag (with Bat Cave for 2 bats)
20. I also have another older pads from AJ Sports which I only use for nets (not in the photo)
21. Small Towel
22. In clothing I have only 1 white kit from GM … recently got 2XU Compression Top & Bottom

and the photo:

k09_6203_1.jpg

All looks very nice, which one is your favourite bat and why? Also which bat feels the best?

New one looks lush, low swell looks nice.

Was the first one lighter than the new one?

Also how did your first one break if you don't mind me asking?

That BAS looks lovely brilliant bat it is seem to be. I rate BAS very high.
Thanks bro,The first one was a 2.9 ,It was too good before it broke,I had only two net sessions with it. It was a faulty willow with internal crack apparently. The hassle of it breaking and the replacement was a bit of headache though.
The BAS was bought from UZI sports.It's an academy sized kinghitter I would recommend it anyone who wants a good bat brand new under 80 quid.
PS: Your collection is pretty amazing !!!

All looks very nice, which one is your favourite bat and why? Also which bat feels the best?

Thanks mate !

I just got the Scat 2 days ago so it’s too early to say until I try it in nets (needs oiling + knocking too) ... but its pickup is amazing, the balance is great & I can feel that middle is super extended

So far I can easily say that Newbery's feel is much better than CA; I would say due to its balance. Newbery's sweet spot is different than CA obviously but this bat has amazed me with its performance, the ball goes like bullet effortlessly ... not only me but people who have listened to the sound it makes have been really impressed too. And mind you I just had 5 net sessions with it; even its Hammer Edged, I still knocked it with mallet before nets ... I am pretty sure that it’s still opening up, not fully there yet

Now this all is expected to change once I have my Scat ready ... Looking forward to see how Scat rolls over the Newbery from my rankings :D

Thanks bro,The first one was a 2.9 ,It was too good before it broke,I had only two net sessions with it. It was a faulty willow with internal crack apparently. The hassle of it breaking and the replacement was a bit of headache though.
The BAS was bought from UZI sports.It's an academy sized kinghitter I would recommend it anyone who wants a good bat brand new under 80 quid.
PS: Your collection is pretty amazing !!!

Not sure but how would you adjust change in weight? Are you okay with it?

Ah okay I have seen lots of BAS here and they are fabulous bats I would say they are best bats from India, much ahead of SS, SG, SM etc in my opinion.

Many thanks bro:)

I am a 12 year old and here's my kit....................

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 789
Last edited:
Decent kit for a 12 year old Aman. When I started playing cricket we had 1 bat for the whole team. We had 3 single pads ,all different brands and used to wear a single one while batting. I didnot even know how to put the pads on . You could do with retwining your SS bat :)

here's my kit..very ordinary but I am happy with it...:yk

Attachments

• 17122011311.jpg
    17122011311.jpg
    466.2 KB · Views: 885
amanhd9, lovely kit yaar for a 12 year old it is quite good.

I remember when I began playing in 2009 I didn't have a kit, would share my clubs kit.

StraightDrive, again your looks lovely.

Which bat is that? I know one is CA but which one is other one...:20:

Also how is CA Gold 8000? If I'm not mistaken that is not Tamim shape CA right?

Thanks....:)
The bat beside CA was a sticker less bat so I made a logo using a logo making software,printed and pasted it in the bat..

CA gold 8000 is really good,nope it is not the Tamim shaped CA.

Thanks....:)
The bat beside CA was a sticker less bat so I made a logo using a logo making software,printed and pasted it in the bat..

CA gold 8000 is really good,nope it is not the Tamim shaped CA.

Would it be possible for you to share a picture of profile shot?

Ah okay, I must say you have done good job with the stickers, they look nice :)

Thanks bro, I appreciate it :)

Must say it looks brilliant, quite brilliant bat and shape!

I hope you score tons of runs with it. :)

Nope :)...the "agent Bangladesh" sticker was already there,I made the White colored sticker..don't actually know what that sticker means..

O28oq4H5NWhtwCZkxmS50eK1muCZkjabbu0W7fCA9Fs

Hello everyone,I am new to this forum.This is basically my kit for next season though I have added a GM Flare and Asics Gel strike rate trainers.I will probably buy Aero P2 strippers.Cheers
Ajmal
Hey blazer bhai can you tell me about your SS bat?
is it SS ton premium?
hows it doing and hows the the ping, is the profile good?

hello Aman, I haven't used the SS Ton premium yet but have been knocking it and playing shadow shots with it.It's a very low middle loads of concaving and a huge edge (40mm).It pings well enough. I think the profile is same for all SS bats (Coverdrive or Knightrider can confirm this please).I bought it from Asad bhai and as usual got a good bat.Its on sale in uzi sports at the moment.

Last edited:
To me from pictures all SS seem to have same shapes, I have not seen all of the SS range bats but from few I have seen they had same profiles.

Having said that few people say SS perform well while there was this one SS bat my team mate had and it performed exceptionally well

Blazer Bhai did you get a chance to use the new SAF you have?

Every time I look at it the bat looks better and better in my eyes!

Here is my little assorted kit bag

Assalamu alaikum everyone, very long time visitor but first time posting (apologies in advance in case if I am repeating anything that you already know). As per brother Uzair's request, here is my little kit. Nothing interesting, but Masha Allah some of you brothers have some amazing kit. Incase any of you like anything that you see from my kit, ask any questions and I'll do my best to respond asap.

I doubt that i'd need to write any profiles any of my equipment. I think everyone has covered all that you see in my pictures. However, I haven't seen much written about Bradbury. So here's my 2cents: I bought my Bradbury S-players straight from Bradbury in Somerset county. Even though it only has about 8 grains, but the bat is sweet and I'd highly recommend. Mine weighs about 2.9/10lbs. Single grip. Pick up is neither bottom nor top heavy. It’s more a bit like mid heavy. It has an elongated sweet spot, starting from low middle to high swell. It will suit a person that likes to play their shots all around the wicket. Including your pulls and drives. Overall alhamdu lillah, I am content with it.

GM Icon LE, is the best balanced bat. It’s immaculate and plays really well. I actually picked up my bat and all of my GM gears from the actual manufacturer. So I had the rare privilege of picking a pro blade. In fact Watson was there at the same time, that's when he was having his Icon stickers replaced with Flare stickers. In the beginning he used Icon bats but came to the manufactures warehouse to replace his stickers only.

MB LE, I only received it a few days ago, so I don't have anything to say about it, at least yet. But Insha Allah I am hoping it will live up to all your recommendations.

Ohh I’d highly recommend the Shock Doctor Men's Ultra Supporter with Ultra Carbon Flex Cup, (I also have the Titan Alloy Flex Sports Cup, but its too heavy and would not recommend it).

Apart from what you see, I do wear a pair of Okaley Radar Range with Polarized Black Iridium lenses, Insha Allah I am on the process of getting G26 replacement lense (incase if any of you have any contacts for Oakley, please let me, appreciate your information in advance). I read on this thread about Polarized Red Iridium, this is actually not the best choice for red ball cricket, in case if all of you are playing with a white ball, then please go ahead with brother ‘KashifJ’ recommendations, but if any of you are playing with the red ball, then G26 lenses are highly recommended because of the green hue background, which stands out well with the red ball in play.

I hope this satisfies. P.s. My GM Pads are new but I think brother Uzair might have covered feedback on these pads.

Pictures;

mykit11.jpg

mykit13.jpg

mykit12KPG.jpg

Would you mind taking some pics and sharing them please?

Also your kit sounds fantastic mashallah, what level do you play at if you don't mind me asking?

Hi blazer bhai

thanks for the info blazer bhai, but please tell me about the performance in matches when u get chance.............thanq..

Some more info......BLAZER BHAI

HI blazer bhai can u tell me what grade willow is the SS ton premium...............

Apart from what you see, I do wear a pair of Okaley Radar Range with Polarized Black Iridium lenses, Insha Allah I am on the process of getting G26 replacement lense (incase if any of you have any contacts for Oakley, please let me, appreciate your information in advance). I read on this thread about Polarized Red Iridium, this is actually not the best choice for red ball cricket, in case if all of you are playing with a white ball, then please go ahead with brother ‘KashifJ’ recommendations, but if any of you are playing with the red ball, then G26 lenses are highly recommended because of the green hue background, which stands out well with the red ball in play.

Welcome to PP; would love to see some photos of your kit, sounds good mashallah.

I have used my Oaklay's Red Iridium with red ball quite a lot; they are perfect; never had any isssue !

Blazer Bhai did you get a chance to use the new SAF you have?

Every time I look at it the bat looks better and better in my eyes!

I have only used it once in a friendly against a really rubbish ball.One of the cover drive right from the middle did not even pierce the field. It will most definitely be my match bat next season.You are right mate that SAF is a beauty.The pick up is different compared to other bats I have used.I had to get used to it and after that no other bat feels the same.

SS have graded premium as grade 3/4. All SS bats below SS ranger are grade 3/4.

I have only used it once in a friendly against a really rubbish ball.One of the cover drive right from the middle did not even pierce the field. It will most definitely be my match bat next season.You are right mate that SAF is a beauty.The pick up is different compared to other bats I have used.I had to get used to it and after that no other bat feels the same.

Thats good to hear brother.

This new one looks miles better than older one in my opinion. The profile is quite nice as it has quite good length sweetspot.

Is the handle thick oval/round? Or you have double gripped it?

Assalamu alaikum everyone, very long time visitor but first time posting (apologies in advance in case if I am repeating anything that you already know). As per brother Uzair's request, here is my little kit. Nothing interesting, but Masha Allah some of you brothers have some amazing kit. Incase any of you like anything that you see from my kit, ask any questions and I'll do my best to respond asap.

I doubt that i'd need to write any profiles any of my equipment. I think everyone has covered all that you see in my pictures. However, I haven't seen much written about Bradbury. So here's my 2cents: I bought my Bradbury S-players straight from Bradbury in Somerset county. Even though it only has about 8 grains, but the bat is sweet and I'd highly recommend. Mine weighs about 2.9/10lbs. Single grip. Pick up is neither bottom nor top heavy. It’s more a bit like mid heavy. It has an elongated sweet spot, starting from low middle to high swell. It will suit a person that likes to play their shots all around the wicket. Including your pulls and drives. Overall alhamdu lillah, I am content with it.

GM Icon LE, is the best balanced bat. It’s immaculate and plays really well. I actually picked up my bat and all of my GM gears from the actual manufacturer. So I had the rare privilege of picking a pro blade. In fact Watson was there at the same time, that's when he was having his Icon stickers replaced with Flare stickers. In the beginning he used Icon bats but came to the manufactures warehouse to replace his stickers only.

MB LE, I only received it a few days ago, so I don't have anything to say about it, at least yet. But Insha Allah I am hoping it will live up to all your recommendations.

Ohh I’d highly recommend the Shock Doctor Men's Ultra Supporter with Ultra Carbon Flex Cup, (I also have the Titan Alloy Flex Sports Cup, but its too heavy and would not recommend it).

I hope this satisfies. P.s. My GM Pads are new but I think brother Uzair might have covered feedback on these pads.

Pictures;

mykit11.jpg

mykit13.jpg

mykit12KPG.jpg

JazaakAllah Khair for posting the pictures on my request, I appreciate it.

MashAllah you have brilliant kit I'd say, it is concise but brilliant in my opinion.

Thats great to hear, so do you know if your Bradbury was Australian made or Indian made?

Your Icon is absolutely peach, I'd say it is one of the best if not the best Icon I have ever seen :). I agree with you on Icon being one of the best if not the best balanced bat out there in the market.

I had those pads before selling them to a forum member and I also have 2011 GM Original LE pads and I have said this in past and will say again that I find 2009 to be better than 2011 ones. This is not based on looks or anything but on material and workmanship. So I rate them very high and I'd say they are brilliant pads.

I'm fan of Oakleys too but I wear a glasses so I can't wear them yet, maybe I will buy prescribed ones if not get contact or laser done.

If you don't mind me asking, how come you didn't use your GM pads yet? :20:

Also if you don't mind can you give us a side-by-side profile shot of all three of your bats? I'd appreciate it :).

JazaakAllah Khair :)

Last edited:
Heyyy guys!

I just ordered a Puma calibre 6000 from pro direct, as it was going for a good price. I have heard only good things about Puma and really like the shape of calibre.
Any expereince with pro direct? how are the quality of the bats? and any thoughts on the puma I ordered??

hi again,
Thank you to Quick Single, Ammo, Littlemaster64 and CD for your compliments and comments. I am sure there are plenty of other Icons that are much better. I remember seeing a recent one from another brother on this site, and it looked immaculate.

CD- Bradbury was bought in Somerset, England. From my limited knowledge, I don't think Bradbury makes any of their 'bats' in Ind. It used to be only made in Somerset, England and now in Fremantle, Western Australia. However their soft goods are from partially from Ind.

As per your request i've attached a side-on picture of all three bats.
GM Pads, I've only tried them at couple of indoor practice sessions, but unfortunately I found them to be a bit too big for me, so its back in the closet, where its been sitting ever since just about 1.5 years. Any takers?

Thanks for the picture, I appreciate it :).

That Icon compared to 2011 and so on Icon seem to have less concaving.

Bardbury profile looks good too! Minimal concaving, high sweetspot perfect for Australian pitches I reckon.

Oh okay I have heard Bardbury were made in India so its good to hear your isn't.

I remember when I got mine they looked and felt big too but then I wore them few times then I got used to them and they felt amazing then. I'd suggest you to wear them few times then you'll get used to it.

Or if you are crazy like me maybe sleep in them for few nights :))

Cheers bro, I appreciate it!

If anyone is interested this is my kit back in October 2009, 5 months after I started playing cricket. The MB Malik Bubber Sher and MB Malik Sher Amin were my team mates (so they were not mine)

29112009307.jpg

I count 23 bats, 10 pads, 3 helmets, 2 bags...how many gloves CD?

Do you have trouble choosing a match bat?
Do you ever find you don't use a bat for a while, come back to using it and say "I forgot how well this bat went?" For me its the opposite, "That's why it doesn't get used" LOL

Cover drive do u play for a high team or is it jst a hobbie

More of hobby I'd say.

WOW!:14::bow: Amazing..

1 question- Why 2 grip cones?

LOL - The one without black tape was given free as a compensation because the black one was used while new one was ordered. So seller sent another new one :D

I count 23 bats, 10 pads, 3 helmets, 2 bags...how many gloves CD?

Do you have trouble choosing a match bat?
Do you ever find you don't use a bat for a while, come back to using it and say "I forgot how well this bat went?" For me its the opposite, "That's why it doesn't get used" LOL

Correct, there are 20 in the picture I think while 2 are at a shop for sale.

Definitely have a trouble mate :)).

LOL :)) Actually newer one gets a nod while the older ones are pushed into corner for example the bat sticker as SS I last used it 16 months ago. Even CA haven't used it for a year or so now.

Amazing collection bro.CD bhai how do you choose your match bat for a certain day?. Lets say you scored a hundred with a certain bat ,Would you give it preference over all other bats or would you choose a different bat next match?.

Amazing collection bro.CD bhai how do you choose your match bat for a certain day?. Lets say you scored a hundred with a certain bat ,Would you give it preference over all other bats or would you choose a different bat next match?.

JazaakAllah Khair for the kind words bhai.

Haha that is a tricky question now, I try not to be superstitious but in that case I fear I will choose that one :(

WOW - that is quite a collection....now its time to put them weapons to use.....which team are you joining?

Its not only TDCA, in fact, happens with others too. With white ball coloured pads are compulsory whereas with pink ball you can use white plus coloured pads.

Am looking for them as well, heard Bali Sports have them but didn't get a chance to drop by and check how much they are going for.

Hey CD

Did you get your clads4pads ? and where did u bought them ? Any chances if i can get them from Pak coz my frend is there for 1 month , any info , it will be appriciated ..

I dont want my AS V10 pads to be ruined by spray :pissed:

JAZAKALLAHKHAIR :moyo

Attachments

• wkpv10.jpg
    wkpv10.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 636
Hey CD

Did you get your clads4pads ? and where did u bought them ? Any chances if i can get them from Pak coz my frend is there for 1 month , any info , it will be appriciated ..

I dont want my AS V10 pads to be ruined by spray :pissed:

JAZAKALLAHKHAIR :moyo

Unfortunately the shop that had them closed but another shop has them but I haven't been to that shop yet :facepalm:

InshAllah I will buy them soon!

Pakistan I'm not too sure to be honest because I haven't seen them in Pakistan.

Waisay those AS V10 pads are brilliant, have seen them and they are superb quality.

Unfortunately the shop that had them closed but another shop has them but I haven't been to that shop yet :facepalm:

InshAllah I will buy them soon!

Pakistan I'm not too sure to be honest because I haven't seen them in Pakistan.

Waisay those AS V10 pads are brilliant, have seen them and they are superb quality.

Ohh ok hmmmm lets see how i will end up for these clads for my pads :(

yea u are right , these pads gives super protection and very lights weight as well :)

Anand and straightdrive1 for youngster your kits are very nice, when I was your age I didn't have any of it.

Anand and straightdrive1 for youngster your kits are very nice, when I was your age I didn't have any of it.

Thanks...I Am Planning On Upgrading My Kit..

Looking to buy these(Probably Will Take A Month Or 2)

1.SG VS 319 Ultimate Gloves and Pads (Or The Test Pads)

And An Albion Helmet...

Here you go, I hope I have broken the ice now.

Not a greatest or fanciest kit but does the trick so far;

Mykit.jpg

All criticism are welcome.
Don't understand! How come all criticism are allowed to this kind of kit.
Allhamdullilah,its wonderful, man!! I suspect you're very rich. This picture is 2 years back, I guess how many bats you have now.:runaway::nonstop:

Last edited:
Don't understand! How come all criticism are allowed to this kind of kit.
Allhamdullilah,its wonderful, man!! I suspect you're very rich. This picture is 2 years back, I guess how many bats you have now.:runaway::nonstop:

You are in for a BIG surprise lad!! :))

HashimAmla Bhai, I hope you understand Urdu bhai :)

Answer is "Mat poochho" :( ;'(

Oh from that picture I have sold one bat and pair of pdas so I don't have much left anymore :D

Here you go with my one, very ordinary.:(:facepalm:

Nice kit...Looks good..Specially the Albion and the Adidas shoe...:)

No Offence...but you don't seem take care for your bats...
(Except the SS,which looks good)..:p

You should clean them up and apply new grips...
You can remove old sticker marks by using sand paper and nail polish remover(Just ask your mom about it)....:19:

If you can manage cleaning them up then your kit will look much much better!:D

Last edited:
Nice kit...Looks good..Specially the Albion and the Adidas shoe...:)

No Offence...but you don't seem take care for your bats...
(Except the SS,which looks good)..:p

You should clean them up and apply new grips...
You can remove old sticker marks by using sand paper and nail polish remover(Just ask your mom about it)....:19:
Thanks for that information. I don't apply new grips because the shops are far too away from my house. I don't really get time. There is one shop, but their QUALITY is not good.

Thanks for that information. I don't apply new grips because the shops are far too away from my house. I don't really get time. There is one shop, but their QUALITY is not good.

I have that prob too...

That's why I am going to buy a lot of grips and a grip cone today....

Back