PP UK South vs North Cricket Match

Count me in, need some motivation to get my fitness in order and give up the Dixy meals.

Raz said:
Count me in, need some motivation to get my fitness in order and give up the Dixy meals.
The lunch menu has not been decided yet. Next step

Raz said:
Same here mate need to lose at least 10kg its gives me motivation to get off my @rse and do something about it.

cricketpassion said:
I am same age as :razaaq .I have played cricket for Mitcham club only last year after nearly 6 years .I hope I get selected now :afridi

Alot older then my friend. doubt you'll know him.

I like the tennis ball idea

5/6 teams consisting 5 players in each team.

But i also like hard ball idea because thats my strength :)

You have to go with tape or tennis ball otherwise you need equipment (including proper bat and ball) and the one with equipment rules

12thMan said:
You have to go with tape or tennis ball otherwise you need equipment (including proper bat and ball) and the one with equipment rules
Tape ball bhi chale ga.

I doubt ppl will turn up if it is a tape ball match, only people that are close to the venue will bother turning up.

At the moment it is going ahead as a proper cricket match, not sure if it will be a 20:20 or slightly longer format, but will decide on that.

as far as equipment goes, i am sure there are enough members here who play regular league cricket and will be willing to share.

Live in London would be interested as well. Started doing nets again

Mohsin said:
TKC can sponsor the event...it can be like a BBQ...

'Assalamualikum, mera naam Mohammad Yousuf hai...mere saath dinner kare...TKC main....ab mere paas bohot waqt hai' :moyo

'Hi...im Shoaib Malik....come.....come dinner...me TKC......also time lots of free' :malik

TKC sponsor the cricket league I player for(SESCL) - just curious bro do you play for any of the clubs ?

Setting a provisional date of 4th August (wednesday) with the match most likely taking place in Birmingham. Possibly Attock Cricket Club (Saj mentioned that there is a member who plays for Attock, if they could get in contact, that would help).

The reason behind the date is that Pakistan will be playing their 2nd test vs England at Edgbaston starting on 6th August, so there is a high possibility that we could get some of the players to come and grace the event.

Also, ramazan starts a few days later, and i doubt many ppl will be keen on playing during ramazan.

Birmingham is ideal as members from all over can get there easily. It would be unfair to have it in London or up north as travel time will possibly be more than 2 hours then.

thoughts please!!!!

Birmingham, is too far !!

Is there an age limitation because we have ppl like Boi who are 13 and want to play. With all due respect to him I think there needs to be somewhat of a clarification.

BoomBoomCricket said:

Is there an age limitation because we have ppl like Boi who are 13 and want to play. With all due respect to him I think there needs to be somewhat of a clarification.

Birmingham may be far for you, but for some Northern members, London may be way too far, and may kill off the game completely.

We will have to think of an age limitation, however if Boi is playing adult cricket allready, then by all means he is welcome to play.

Once we have the logistics in place, we can cover this area, and intend to address it quickly. btw thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Birmingham is perfect I can go to my brothers after the game but 4th august is too far make it early.

murphyslaw79 said:
Setting a provisional date of 4th August (wednesday) with the match most likely taking place in Birmingham. Possibly Attock Cricket Club (Saj mentioned that there is a member who plays for Attock, if they could get in contact, that would help).

The reason behind the date is that Pakistan will be playing their 2nd test vs England at Edgbaston starting on 6th August, so there is a high possibility that we could get some of the players to come and grace the event.

Also, ramazan starts a few days later, and i doubt many ppl will be keen on playing during ramazan.

Birmingham is ideal as members from all over can get there easily. It would be unfair to have it in London or up north as travel time will possibly be more than 2 hours then.

thoughts please!!!!

4th August!!! I'll be in Canada!!!

I'll be away from 20th July to about 12th August...I was hopeing for it to happen before 20th July...

Oh well....Anyway, I'll still check with Finchley cc to see what dates are available..

If for some reason the Birmingham schedule does change to before 20th July (preferably before 15th July) or afteer 15th August (unlikely I know due to Ramazan) then I'll volunteer to hire a little mini bus on my account and drive some of the southerners up for the day!

Eitherway its an excellent idea and I'm sure it will be a great day!

saeed-sohail said:
No we want a travesty wicket.
:))) :))) :))) Best post yet from SS bhai

How about a bouncing Perth scorcher ? Or shall we stick to the FTBs ?

Whats the best way to get to Birmingham from London?! i Will definelty not take my car !! too far

saj001 said:
Whats the best way to get to Birmingham from London?! i Will definelty not take my car !! too far

Personally i think driving will be the best option, depends where in London you are.

best route would be M40 > M42 > A34 (stratford road).

from when you join the M40, it will take about an 90 minutes.

If your not driving, then a train to Solihull or New Street, or a coach from Victoria to Digbeth and then a bus.

saj001 said:

If you've got a car then I'd definitely take that as its only about an hour and half to 2 hours tops from outer London.

I remember going from Euston a couple of years back and its quite a fast service but it can get quite expensive if you don't book in advance. Failing that Marylebone to Birmingham is cheaper but takes about 2 hours or so. But you'll have to factor in getting from the train station to the ground, which might not be close by.

If there's quite a few London lads then it probably works out better hiring a mini van for the day.

Hmm not a bad idea. Let everything finalize then we see what we can do

Murphyslaw, how about find a county ground and play the game there or something. Like Guilford in Surrey ?

BoomBoomCricket said:
Murphyslaw, how about find a county ground and play the game there or something. Like Guilford in Surrey ?

I am sure county grounds are readily available and the counties will off course allow us to play at their beautifully manicured fields and wickets. I will look that up :)))

Jokes aside, Guildford will first of all be too expensive and too far for members to get to.

We need to make it accessible to ALL members, not just London based members, therefore Birmingham i believe will be the best option.

murphyslaw79 said:
I am sure county grounds are readily available and the counties will off course allow us to play at their beautifully manicured fields and wickets. I will look that up :)))

Jokes aside, Guildford will first of all be too expensive and too far for members to get to.

We need to make it accessible to ALL members, not just London based members, therefore Birmingham i believe will be the best option.

That is understandable then. But, now my availability is questionable. I was really looking forward to this but I'll live on.

Any second choice ?

Perhaps being a Surrey citizen you could give me a lift ;-) :))

Last edited:
BoomBoomCricket said:
That is understandable then. But, now my availability is questionable. I was really looking forward to this but I'll live on.

Any second choice ?

Perhaps being a Surrey citizen you could give me a lift ;-) :))

You presume i am living in Surrey ;-)

wrong buddy, i am in South East London, but i am sure we can sort something out.

As one member mentioned, we could hire a mini bus if we get enough ppl.

90MPH said:
TKC sponsor the cricket league I player for(SESCL) - just curious bro do you play for any of the clubs ?

Used to play for a local club but i 'quit' just before my A-levels...havent been bothered to go back or try out for another club lol

Bro do you get free food? :inzi

BoomBoomCricket said:

Someone's scared? :13:
To clarify, I am 14 years old. :) I say bring it on...:D

Now if this lands on the same day as the Khatme-Nabuwat conference in Birmingham this year then I will be 100% in. :)
Otherivse my availability will be 50:50. :)

12thMan said:
yup,I am a 'tape balliya' :sohail..bring it on..!

Last edited:
Brilliant idea!

Aberdeen to Birmingham- a 1 hour flight. I'm in.

Tape ball would be preferable, as surely most guys are going for the social aspect aswell? We should have a big dinner aswell....should be great.

We should play at edgbaston. Just look unfit, fight about who is captain and select our worst team; they will think we are Pakistan!

GLORY OF '92 said:
We should play at edgbaston. Just look unfit, fight about who is captain and select our worst team; they will think we are Pakistan!

Are we allowed to munch on cricket balls if we feel hungry? :afridi

considering the game is between the north and the south it should be at neutral venue!Birmingham is ok its in the midde! I would want the game played in Manchester but the problem is the weather as it doesnt stop raining here!

Sorry guys but mid week is a bit difficult as I'll be working .. and even if I take a day off the mrs will be working and my little one will be at nursery..is there any chance this can happen on a weekend??

Did this ever happen? I'm guessing PP has increased in members by quite a lot since then and would be great if we were able to organise this. We all criticise players but let's see if we can walk the walk :afridi

Did this ever happen? I'm guessing PP has increased in members by quite a lot since then and would be great if we were able to organise this. We all criticise players but let's see if we can walk the walk :afridi

No, because the Northern numpties[SUP][1][/SUP] and Southern softies[SUP][1][/SUP] realised that the Monsters of the Midlands would absolutely destroy both of them even if they combined together into a Voltron-style Rest of Britain 22 man cricket team.

That's why they have spent nearly a decade waiting for me to get old so that we have to play Adil Rashid-level clowns like [MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] in the Birmingham XI[SUP][2][/SUP] and for all of their Kolpak ringers to get their British passports.

Little do they know that, like Misbah, I am going to play forever so no amount of cowardice and subterfuge can save them from the phainty to end all phainty.

Birmingham is waiting.

CNQJVV7.gif

[SUP][1][/SUP]These are the names that the North and South teams picked for themselves, which gives you some idea as to the kind of cricketing talent that is bred in Yorkshire, Lancashire and London.

[SUP][2][/SUP]To give them a chance we'll restrict ourselves to just one city while they can still play with 22 but they're still terrified. They should be.

No, because the Northern numpties[SUP][1][/SUP] and Southern softies[SUP][1][/SUP] realised that the Monsters of the Midlands would absolutely destroy both of them even if they combined together into a Voltron-style Rest of Britain 22 man cricket team.

That's why they have spent nearly a decade waiting for me to get old so that we have to play Adil Rashid-level clowns like [MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] in the Birmingham XI[SUP][2][/SUP] and for all of their Kolpak ringers to get their British passports.

Little do they know that, like Misbah, I am going to play forever so no amount of cowardice and subterfuge can save them from the phainty to end all phainty.

Birmingham is waiting.

CNQJVV7.gif

[SUP][1][/SUP]These are the names that the North and South teams picked for themselves, which gives you some idea as to the kind of cricketing talent that is bred in Yorkshire, Lancashire and London.

[SUP][2][/SUP]To give them a chance we'll restrict ourselves to just one city while they can still play with 22 but they're still terrified. They should be.

If you can somehow get 11 PPers from the midlands then we could have a mini T10 tournament between the 3 teams and this time Ramazan is not in July/August. More people can play and the T10 tournament is probably more ideal for the Misbahs of the world. :misbah

Birmingham is waiting.

CNQJVV7.gif

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] - After the recent injustice we have faced atvtge qualifiers; be careful not to awaken the angered Scotsmen :mv

If you can somehow get 11 PPers from the midlands then we could have a mini T10 tournament between the 3 teams and this time Ramazan is not in July/August. More people can play and the T10 tournament is probably more ideal for the Misbahs of the world. :misbah

T10? What do you take me for? Miss me with that Mickey Mouse nonsense :mv

Depending on the date, I might be able to make a cameo appearance for Northern Numpties against Southern Softies.

But [MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] has to play for us. We need a person with his genetic advantages for our pace attack!

Back