PPCL | PSL l Karachi Kings | Team Thread | #KarachiJeeteyGa

For Quetta on the unplayable pitch, I reckon we go with this.

1) Amir
2) World Cup captain
3) Shafkath (AR)
4) Da_Future_Knick
5) Babar
6) Rayyman
7) Watsupdoc
8) Jibranansari
9) Ahmedharis1
10) Thunderbolt
11) Ipakistani

1) Amir
2) World Cup captain
3) Shafkath (AR)
4) Da_Future_Knick
5) Babar
6) Rayyman
7) Watsupdoc
8) Jibranansari
9) Ahmedharis1
10) Thunderbolt
11) Ipakistani

Let’s play Arshad instead of IPakistani and go for bowling variety?

And let’s open the batting with IPakistani/Arshad instead of you?

And maybe put yourself at 6 and push everyone else one down?

What do you guys think?

Let’s play Arshad instead of IPakistani and go for bowling variety?

And let’s open the batting with IPakistani/Arshad instead of you?

And maybe put yourself at 6 and push everyone else one down?

What do you guys think?

Both Ipakistani and Arshad are fast medium. We would have to drop Thunderbolt to accommodate Arshad. Given the past games, a fast medium may perform better than a pure fast bowler.

Both Ipakistani and Arshad are fast medium. We would have to drop Thunderbolt to accommodate Arshad. Given the past games, a fast medium may perform better than a pure fast bowler.

Arshad is medium fast - 120 to 130 range

Both IPakistani and shafkath are fast medium - 130-140 range

I wouldn’t drop Thunderbolt though.

We keep waiting for the sim to balance things out but i dont think it will come at this point :))) by this logic I’m due for a 5-fer

1) Amir
2) World Cup captain
3) Shafkath (AR)
4) Da_Future_Knick
5) Babar
6) Rayyman
7) Watsupdoc
8) Jibranansari
9) Ahmedharis1
10) Thunderbolt
11) Ipakistani

Lineup looks good, skip.

Nvm, I misread. Let's play Arshad.

Not a fan of playing myself at 6 because 3-4 wickets will fall in the first 2 overs, rather lose bowlers than batsmen.

Arshad slots in for Ipakistani.

We keep waiting for the sim to balance things out but i dont think it will come at this point :))) by this logic I’m due for a 5-fer

At this point, I'm more confident about you getting to a ton than a 5-fer. :babar

Fast medium has been working well so far,why drop a gold for uncontracted? Amir is fast medium and he’s our best bowler. I think the main issue is with out and out fast

Fast medium has been working well so far,why drop a gold for uncontracted? Amir is fast medium and he’s our best bowler. I think the main issue is with out and out fast

Arshad is even slower than fast medium which gives him more control. I think that can explain why he was able to get the 8-fer on a bowling friendly pitch.

Although he probably won't do the same, the expectation is that he will at least do well.

For Quetta Match

1) Amir
2) World Cup captain
3) Shafkath (AR)
4) Da_Future_Knick
5) Babar
6) Rayyman
7) Watsupdoc
8) Jibranansari
9) Ahmedharis1
10) Thunderbolt
11) Arshad
[MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] should be bowl first? What's been the case in the past? I've never seen a match played on an unplayable pitch.

For Quetta Match

1) Amir
2) World Cup captain
3) Shafkath (AR)
4) Da_Future_Knick
5) Babar
6) Rayyman
7) Watsupdoc
8) Jibranansari
9) Ahmedharis1
10) Thunderbolt
11) Arshad
[MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] should be bowl first? What's been the case in the past? I've never seen a match played on an unplayable pitch.

We should bowl first and chase. The only reason we are playing on this pitch is for net run rate reason.

I haven’t seen any matches played on unplayable pitch either to be honest as it was banned in previous seasons.

Good win against Quetta [MENTION=135989]world cup captain[/MENTION] [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]

I think we found the line-up against Peshawar? Just need to make some changes with the bowling.

I would suggest to play Shafkath instead of Usama cause the bowling skill has basically been useless mostly and Peshawar’s ground suits pacers.

And instead of Smudger could play IPakistani? Or would you wanna go with 4-1 attack?

For Quetta Match

1) Amir
2) World Cup captain
3) Shafkath (AR)
4) Da_Future_Knick
5) Babar
6) Rayyman
7) Watsupdoc
8) Jibranansari
9) Ahmedharis1
10) Thunderbolt
11) Arshad

Line-up looks good to me.

Good win against Quetta [MENTION=135989]world cup captain[/MENTION] [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]

I think we found the line-up against Peshawar? Just need to make some changes with the bowling.

I would suggest to play Shafkath instead of Usama cause the bowling skill has basically been useless mostly and Peshawar’s ground suits pacers.

And instead of Smudger could play IPakistani? Or would you wanna go with 4-1 attack?

Not sure about it yet given the flat track. Usama surely won't play but not sure about playing the AR on a flat track.

I'll check previous flat track matches to see how ARs have done.

Not sure about it yet given the flat track. Usama surely won't play but not sure about playing the AR on a flat track.

I'll check previous flat track matches to see how ARs have done.

Sounds good, maybe especially check Peshawar's ground? If there isn't much of a difference and regardless of bowling skill a bowler is gonna go for 50 runs, might as well have an extra bat down the order as well.

Sounds good, maybe especially check Peshawar's ground? If there isn't much of a difference and regardless of bowling skill a bowler is gonna go for 50 runs, might as well have an extra bat down the order as well.

Thing is that we have 7 pure bats, and end our matches on dry tracks without the tail enders coming in to bat. Usually we are 4-5 down at the close of the innings. On a flat track we should do even better. There's no reason at all to make our bowling weaker for an all rounder who will never end up getting to bat. My advice is let's play with the following bowling attack:

wc captain
amir
thunderbolt
iPakistani
smudger

It's a flat pitch and spin isn't bad either, it's average. Smudger has already performed at National Stadium with dry, low spin, and should do good here too. He will also provide us with good control as opposed to Shafkath who is an out and out fast bowler and has less control over his bowling (which is already the problem with myself and wc captain)

Smudger is one of the big reasons we are winning matches, probably has some of the one of the best economies of the tournament if you factor in the fact that he plays mostly on dry/flat pitches without much spin assistance

Last edited:
Thing is that we have 7 pure bats, and end our matches on dry tracks without the tail enders coming in to bat. Usually we are 4-5 down at the close of the innings. On a flat track we should do even better. There's no reason at all to make our bowling weaker for an all rounder who will never end up getting to bat. My advice is let's play with the following bowling attack:

wc captain
amir
thunderbolt
iPakistani
smudger

It's a flat pitch and spin isn't bad either, it's average. Smudger has already performed at National Stadium with dry, low spin, and should do good here too. He will also provide us with good control as opposed to Shafkath who is an out and out fast bowler and has less control over his bowling (which is already the problem with myself and wc captain)

Smudger is one of the big reasons we are winning matches, probably has some of the one of the best economies of the tournament if you factor in the fact that he plays mostly on dry/flat pitches without much spin assistance

I don’t think Smudger has played on a flat wicket?

shafkath is medium fast but yea maybe if he isn’t going to get to bat anyways no point in playing him.

My thinking was that at least one bowler is gonna get smashed anyways so if we end up losing 5 wickets then shafkath can be handy at number 7.

But yea it’s a risk and ‘safer’ choice would be iPakistani or Arshad

Karachi Kings Squad Update

RoleBat SkillBowl SkillBat HandBowl HandContract
1Sharjeel KhanBatsman750Left Hand-Regular
2RayymanBatsman800Right Hand-Gold
3JibranAnsariBatsman800Left Hand-Gold
4Da_Future_KnickBatsman850Left Hand-Diamond
5ahmedharis1Batsman850Right Hand-Diamond
6Babar AzamBatsman900Right Hand-Platinum
7WatsupdocWK950Left Hand-Platinum
8World Cup CaptainFast4095Left HandRight ArmPlatinum
9Mohammad AmirFast Medium3590Right HandLeft ArmPlatinum
10Thunderbolt14Fast3085Left HandLeft ArmDiamond
11SmudgerLeg Spin2580Left HandLeft Arm Gold
12IpakistaniFast Medium2580Right HandRight ArmGold
13Usama MirLeg Spin2075Right HandRight ArmRegular
14Arshad IqbalFast Medium2075Right HandRight ArmRegular
15shafkathLeft Arm Fast AR5565Right HandRight ArmRegular

This says left arm fast? Did his stats change again?

[MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]

The game against Peshawar is away on a flat track. Their line up in the following

80 (lhb)
90 (rhb)
95 (rhb)
95 (lhb)
80 (rhb)
85 (lhb)
35/90 (RFM)
30/85 (LF)
30/85 (RF)
25/80 (OS)
25/80 (RFM)

Ground Attributes:

Bounce - High
Seam - Good
Swing - Good
Spin - Average
Deterioration - Low

Their batting is explosive but bowling is weak on a flat track. Most of their wins are won chasing so that makes me want to chase.

Our lineup

1) Rayyman
2) Jibran
3) Babar
4) Ahmedharis1
5) Watsupdoc
6) Da_Future_Knick
7) World Cup captain
8) Amir
9) Thunderbolt
10) Smudger
11) Ipakistani

[MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]

The game against Peshawar is away on a flat track. Their line up in the following

80 (lhb)
90 (rhb)
95 (rhb)
95 (lhb)
80 (rhb)
85 (lhb)
35/90 (RFM)
30/85 (LF)
30/85 (RF)
25/80 (OS)
25/80 (RFM)

Ground Attributes:

Bounce - High
Seam - Good
Swing - Good
Spin - Average
Deterioration - Low

Their batting is explosive but bowling is weak on a flat track. Most of their wins are won chasing so that makes me want to chase.

Our lineup

1) Rayyman
2) Jibran
3) Babar
4) Ahmedharis1
5) Watsupdoc
6) Da_Future_Knick
7) World Cup captain
8) Amir
9) Thunderbolt
10) Smudger
11) Ipakistani

Looks good to me.

:babar :babar :babar :babar

MashAllah Bobby turning it on when it matters most.

I have been in awful form since my 70* in the opening game.
Hope that isn’t my only good knock of the tournament.
:moha

For knockouts I want to go with flat/dry as we have beaten Peshawar twice on such pitches. Flat is my first preference.

I have been in awful form since my 70* in the opening game.
Hope that isn’t my only good knock of the tournament.
:moha

You are a big match impact player. There is a reason we have picked you in the side.

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] [MENTION=135989]world cup captain[/MENTION]

Thoughts on the pitch type for eliminator against Zalmi?

I think we should go with Flat or Dry - it will our batsmen more of a leeway against their slightly weaker bowling.

Plus Flat or Dry has been working well for us. Only thing is on Dry we will have to play Mir instead of IPakistani.

For knockouts I want to go with flat/dry as we have beaten Peshawar twice on such pitches. Flat is my first preference.

You are a big match impact player. There is a reason we have picked you in the side.

We agree! Flat is my preference as well as then we can play our best side (skill wise)

On the other hand on dry pitch Zalmi will only have one good spin option, while we’ll have two.

Peshawar has lost 3 straight tosses so they are very unlikely to lose the toss again. They can chase down any score on a flat pitch but we have beaten them on a dry pitch where we batted first. I reckon to go with the dry pitch especially since they only have the one spinner.

Peshawar has lost 3 straight tosses so they are very unlikely to lose the toss again. They can chase down any score on a flat pitch but we have beaten them on a dry pitch where we batted first. I reckon to go with the dry pitch especially since they only have the one spinner.

Go with your gut feel skip! We hack you hundred percent.

Anyways our batting order won’t change only Usama Mir will slot in for IPakistani.

Question— does a dry pitch provide benefit to spinners? My assumption was that flat/dry only applies a modifier to batsmen’s ability

Question— does a dry pitch provide benefit to spinners? My assumption was that flat/dry only applies a modifier to batsmen’s ability

Yes a dry pitch should support spinners more than faster bowlers but at the same time also be good for batting generally.

Last time around we defended 174 on a dry pitch with their 3 platinum batsmen so I'm confident this time around too. Hopefully, we win the toss and bowl first though.

The only worry is Usama Mir who has been carted around like the second coming of Bilawal Bhatti.

Last time around we defended 174 on a dry pitch with their 3 platinum batsmen so I'm confident this time around too. Hopefully, we win the toss and bowl first though.

The only worry is Usama Mir who has been carted around like the second coming of Bilawal Bhatti.

Don’t think they had 3 platinum bat at that time but only 2?

Honestly I think we can beat them on both flat or dry - since now we have a pretty settled batting order that has been working.

So just go with your gut feel - though your argument about them chasing on a flat wicket does make sense.

Honestly I think we can beat them on both flat or dry - since now we have a pretty settled batting order that has been working.

So just go with your gut feel - though your argument about them chasing on a flat wicket does make sense.

The pitch attribute will be similar. Only with the dry pitch, their bowlers will be less effective.

Hopefully we win the toss again (unlikely since we have won our last 3) and chase.

Hopefully we win the toss again (unlikely since we have won our last 3) and chase.

I’ve been taking probability classes and fortunately that’s not how it works :)))

We still have a 50/50 chance of winning the toss, irrespective of previous results. Regardless, you make some good arguments. Let’s do dry and try to chase

I’ve been taking probability classes and fortunately that’s not how it works :)))

We still have a 50/50 chance of winning the toss, irrespective of previous results. Regardless, you make some good arguments. Let’s do dry and try to chase

I know, I've taken statistics but the law of averages will most likely catch up to us.

[MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] [MENTION=29901]Thunderbolt[/MENTION]

I'm thinking of sticking with Ipakistani for this one. Overall, he has been quite good. On par with Smudger and much better than Usama Mir.

1) Rayyman
2) Jibran
3) Babar
4) Ahmedharis1
5) Watsupdoc
6) Da_Future_Knick
7) World Cup captain
8) Amir
9) Thunderbolt
10) Smudger
11) Ipakistani

Bowl First

I'm thinking of sticking with Ipakistani for this one. Overall, he has been quite good. On par with Smudger and much better than Usama Mir.

1) Rayyman
2) Jibran
3) Babar
4) Ahmedharis1
5) Watsupdoc
6) Da_Future_Knick
7) World Cup captain
8) Amir
9) Thunderbolt
10) Smudger
11) Ipakistani

Bowl First

I would go with Usama Mir, conditions would honestly suit him better. Otherwise we might as well have gone with a flat deck.

1) Rayyman
2) Jibran
3) Babar
4) Ahmedharis1
5) Watsupdoc
6) Da_Future_Knick
7) World Cup captain
8) Amir
9) Thunderbolt
10) Smudger
11) Ipakistani

Bowl First

Actually just going through some matches on dry and you are right pacers don’t bowl that bad actually.

Let’s go with this then and get the win boys :akhtar

Well done guys! Good tournament. At one point didn’t think we would even qualify and even in eliminator was a very close game after we were at a disadvantage by losing the toss.

Well done [MENTION=135989]world cup captain[/MENTION] and [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] for great captaincy and vice-captaincy! :14:

Tough luck guys.

Hope :tuktukutd can count on your support for the remainder of the tournament :salute

We did well in the end, couldn’t make it to the final but we played some excellent cricket throughout and that’s what matters. It’s the memories that won’t leave us: my thundering spells, Doc’s Miandad-esque running between the wickets, Skip’s excellent bowling changes, Jibbu’s dynamic batting, and Mir’s fantastic accuracy and control.

To those of you who didn’t do well: Smudger, Babar, Future Knick, iPakistani, ahmadharis1, and Rayyman — better luck next time. You are serious talents and will represent Pakistan one day. All the best.

We did well in the end, couldn’t make it to the final but we played some excellent cricket throughout and that’s what matters. It’s the memories that won’t leave us: my thundering spells, Doc’s Miandad-esque running between the wickets, Skip’s excellent bowling changes, Jibbu’s dynamic batting, and Mir’s fantastic accuracy and control.

To those of you who didn’t do well: Smudger, Babar, Future Knick, iPakistani, ahmadharis1, and Rayyman — better luck next time. You are serious talents and will represent Pakistan one day. All the best.

:))) Those guys are too serious, they should think about securing their future like us! :money

Obviously it’s disappointing, as a professional you want to perform in every game. My batting was definitely not up to the mark.

If you look at my fielding especially, I was in the hot spots like backward point and long on and saved the most runs out of any player in the tournament. So I am happy with myself in that regard.
:sm

And as a team we had bad luck. So all in all, we wanted to win the title, but the PSL is a tough league.

Of course, this year in particular it was not as good as it could have been, mainly because no fans showed up to the stadium in light of this pandemic. So our team wasn’t taking the matches seriously.

We are hoping we can win it all in the next tournament which will actually matter.

:kk

Well lads, overall a good tournament. This mickey mouse league is a warm-up to the real deal, the PPCL season. Best of all, we got free chicken for life and made some decent :money

To the VC and Senior Mentor, [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] & [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION], the Karachi Kings organization thanks you for your services for the season and hopes you return for any future offers.

Some of the younger guys like [MENTION=137148]Rayyman[/MENTION] and [MENTION=57110]JibranAnsari[/MENTION] had some good performances and have got a solid future lined up. With a batting superstar like Babar Azam to guide them, the two young batsmen will flourish. In addition to that, [MENTION=132969]Da_Future_Knick[/MENTION], the classy left hander played some blistering knocks throughout the tournament. With that being said, [MENTION=145909]Smudger[/MENTION] and [MENTION=148120]iPakistani[/MENTION] must be remember for being some of the most economic bowlers in the league!

Last but not lease, the KK organisation has made an arrangement for Usama Mir for his shady performances throughout the tournament. :cummins

Welcome [MENTION=147674]The Viper[/MENTION] to Karachi Kings.

Welcome [MENTION=134981]Bhaag Viru Bhaag[/MENTION] to the team.

Thank you for picking me [MENTION=40952]Batman[/MENTION]

Karachi Kings has had some great personalities represent them in the past such as Wasim Akram, Herchelle Gibbs, Sharjeel Khan, Mohammad Amir, [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] and [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]. I hope to emulate the success of these players! :money:money:money

Karachi Kings has had some great personalities represent them in the past such as Wasim Akram, Herchelle Gibbs, Sharjeel Khan, Mohammad Amir, [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] and [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]. I hope to emulate the success of these players! :money:money:money

Another student in training! Good luck bro!

Welcome [MENTION=138411]EngrOmair[/MENTION] and [MENTION=133998]Azzurri[/MENTION] to the team.

And also welcome [MENTION=141306]sweep_shot[/MENTION] [MENTION=135839]Smbhayi[/MENTION] [MENTION=136435]Azan Basit[/MENTION]

All the best! Looking forward to some exciting matches between Karachi and Islamabad.

Back