Question Regarding Pads

Cover Drive

Senior ODI Player
Runs
Ask any question you have regarding batting/keeping/fielding pads in this thread.

Thanks

Aero P2 are tad lighter than Morrant International but if you go for Aero P1 then they are heavier than Morrant International.

Just out of curiosity what kit have you got?

Did anyone here got any or used morrant or aero p2 pads how are they ? morrant seems normal tbh but aero seem a little odd to me and what about the protection really are they that good ??

I have seen Aero pads as they are available at the store where we have indoors. I didn't try them as the shopkeeper was standing right beside me so I did have a good look. To be honest, construction wise they kinda look cheap made hard foam pads. There is no doubt they are light but when you wear they won't bend and your movement are kinda restricted.

P1's offer upto 100 mph ball protection whereas P2 are around 80 mark if I remember correctly

has anyone seen/used CA 10000 and CA12000 pads? on their website, the CA 10000 pads look much lighter than the 12000 pads..wondering if this is indeed the case.

I have CA 12000 Plus pads and have seen CA 10000 Plus pads very closely. The difference is that CA 10000 Plus pads are moulded, hence, they are lighter in weight.

If you have any question(s) let me know

What is the best way to get colored pads? I got V10 from AS last year. They were a little too big. It is a little awkward to run in them.

The best way to get coloured pad (in Pakistan) is to buy directly from the factory.

With English pads you can't coloured as they are reserved for there sponsored players.

Spray painting is an option but I don't like that.

However, ca_gold bhai has pad skin and that is impressive! you apply that on pads and they get coloured, I really like that but am looking to buy one locally but can't seem to find any :(

I have CA 12000 Plus pads and have seen CA 10000 Plus pads very closely. The difference is that CA 10000 Plus pads are moulded, hence, they are lighter in weight.

If you have any question(s) let me know
thanks CD Bhai.. so which one would you recommend ? :) i want something as light as possible, but obviously don't want to end up bruised and battered :)

Ofcourse CA 10000 Plus Limited Edition ones, they are much much lighter than CA12000 Plus. I have also found CA12000 Plus to be very bulky whereas CA 10K LE are not bulky and fit very well.

Nahh the protection level on CA 10K LE is great!

Ofcourse CA 10000 Plus Limited Edition ones, they are much much lighter than CA12000 Plus. I have also found CA12000 Plus to be very bulky whereas CA 10K LE are not bulky and fit very well.

Nahh the protection level on CA 10K LE is great!

thank you very much for your input. just to clarify, there is no "LE" version, right? the only 10000 i found were these: http://www.cawears.com/cricket/detail_view.asp?pid=1023-0-11-12

same one you're referring to?

No worries bro!

Yes, I am referring to the one you provided (in the link).

They were previously known as CA 10000 Plus Limited Edition if I can remember correctly, but yes they are the one I am talking about.

Top pads for its price, you can't go wrong.

I have those pads! I just realised when I went on the link, sorry.

Yes completely agree with CD bhai, they are really lightweight and offer excellent protection. I think they are probably the lightest pads I have ever worn. Also they are really comfortable. Hope this helps.:)

Actually when I got my CA pads I wanted these pads but the sthopkeeper didn't have them so my cousin bought CA 12000 Plus for me.

TGM, CA 12K Plus have 9 canes and are quite heavy as I previously said

How are the 12000, are they heavier than the LE. And also do they look like Misbah's or Younis's pads?

The pads Misbah currently wears are actually GM Original Limited Edition where logos have been changed.

Yes, CA12000 Plus pads are much heavier than LE.

Younis is wearing 2011 range of CA pads

Tell me about Morrant guys how much will a pair cost where to get it from ???

Quick Single Bhaii and TGM Bhai, here is picture of my CA 12000 Plus pads;

01112009150.jpg

01112009147.jpg

Wow mashallah CD bhai, those look like top notch pads mashallah.

If you don't mind me asking how much were they because I quite like the look of them and wouldn't mind a pair myself. And also did you get them from UziSports.com?

Ah no worries ask everything away :D

These were bought from Lahore (Orient or Butt Sports). For the gloves and pads I paid Rs. 5000.

I would not recommend them to you because they feel bulky well atleast for me they are. If you have a wide body then they will fit you well

The best way to get coloured pad (in Pakistan) is to buy directly from the factory.

With English pads you can't coloured as they are reserved for there sponsored players.

Spray painting is an option but I don't like that.

However, ca_gold bhai has pad skin and that is impressive! you apply that on pads and they get coloured, I really like that but am looking to buy one locally but can't seem to find any :(

What is pad skin?

That is quite an invention.....where can I get them from? going to Karachi in March and would like to pick some up.

I don't think they are available in Pakistan. Rehan Bhai, has them and they are impressive!

I think a company in Australia has them. I heard Bali Sports have them as well but not sure..

Pads for £20?

Salam,

I am looking for pads in the price range of £15 to £20. I am currently eyeing up the GN Scimitar pads on UziSports.com. I have looked everywhere for good pads in the clearance section aswell, and these were the best I could find. Does anyone recommend any pads. It would be best if they were UK based.

JazakallahKhair.

Back