Quetta Gladiators (169/4) clinch a last ball thriller by 6 wickets against Lahore Qalandars (166/4) to secure their place in the playoffs of PSL 9

Shaheen Shah Afridi isn't an All-rounder, he's doing injustice to the deserving players.
Babar and Rizwan are not T20 openers

They have been doing injustice for 4-5 years and are being celebrated for it

Not sure with this attitude shaheen can be a good national captain

The shushers are going well

ffY7QaL.png

Abdullah shafique not a t20 players has had better Psl than our so called t20 players while not playing half of the games.

Na bro Sarfaraz is a team man

If a tailender strikes it better than him, that tailender is batting ahead of him
he is a team man for sure, he is just a horrid preformer these days

PAK is really going to suffer under Shaheen as skipper - in times to come , he will make Babar look like a good captain .
Target 167 .

PAK is really going to suffer under Shaheen as skipper - in times to come , he will make Babar look like a good captain .
Target 167 .
Yeah I agree, he hasn't done anything as captain (since the tour of NZ until now) that has impressed me

Na bro Sarfaraz is a team man

If a tailender strikes it better than him, that tailender is batting ahead of him
Considering Sarfaraz has only scored 22 runs in total this whole season, he would have to bat at number 12 by that logic

Good job by the Quetta bowlers but their batsmen are totally out of form

Considering Sarfaraz has only scored 22 runs in total this whole season, he would have to bat at number 12 by that logic
It happens. He’s not 30 years old. He’s 37. Very easy to make fun of a guy that doesn’t have much left in him

Yeah I agree, he hasn't done anything as captain (since the tour of NZ until now) that has impressed me
You know the phrase "Man child", when you open the Oxford dictionary and search the word, you'll notice that the definition is a screenshot of shaheen.

This is what happens when you make a player who himself is mentally 12 years old a captain.

Don't get me wrong, shaheen has had some terrific bowling spells but he was never someone who was mentally composed, which is a skill needed to be a captain.

Can people stop with the sarfraz vs rizwan comparison? They aren't even in this match? I swear rizwan and sarfraz find a way to make themselves available in every thread lol.

Although tbf If I was rizwan, I'd be doing my best to make sure usman Khan goes to Uae, cause if not, he's defo replacing me.

It happens. He’s not 30 years old. He’s 37. Very easy to make fun of a guy that doesn’t have much left in him
I'm not making fun of him, he isn't good enough to play at the top level anymore and people on here keep pushing him for a place international side.

Rizwan isn't perfect and has his flaws that he needs to work on, but anyone choosing Sarfaraz over him is either biased or ignorant.

You know the phrase "Man child", when you open the Oxford dictionary and search the word, you'll notice that the definition is a screenshot of shaheen.

This is what happens when you make a player who himself is mentally 12 years old a captain.

Don't get me wrong, shaheen has had some terrific bowling spells but he was never someone who was mentally composed, which is a skill needed to be a captain.

Yes, he seems to buckle under pressure a lot. Even Mohammad Haris said earlier on in the PSL, "If you take Shaheen on, he falters."
Haris is got going to get a place anytime soon now haha

I'm not making fun of him, he isn't good enough to play at the top level anymore and people on here keep pushing him for a place international side.

Rizwan isn't perfect and has his flaws that he needs to work on, but anyone choosing Sarfaraz over him is either biased or ignorant.
Can Rizwan bat at 7 for Pakistan?

Yes, he seems to buckle under pressure a lot. Even Mohammad Haris said earlier on in the PSL, "If you take Shaheen on, he falters."
Haris is got going to get a place anytime soon now haha
Shaheen wastes reviews, is always on the offensive, dude doesn't understand that being an attacking captain doesn't mean you set the fielders upclose 24/7 and try to take a wicket every single delivery.

It's why I kept saying naseem was superior to him, shaheen took more wickets but eventually did get exposed, the whole I will take a wicket on every ball won't always work, line and length, patience and fielders set according to batsmen weaknesses are more important.

Pcb has given a kid who's overdosed on hershey's chocolate the ropes for captaincy.

It's not his natural position so he's not going to do well.

But he would score more than Sarfaraz if he were to bat at number 7.
Who cares if Rizwan doesn’t do well? Pakistan doesn’t do well even when Rizwan does well apparently

Shaheen is not ready for PCT captaincy. He should have been groomed for a couple more years before being handed the reins.

He's the kind of bowler who would benefit a lot from having a senior bowler mentor in the side. Instead he's being forced into a role as mentor for even younger bowlers

Who cares if Rizwan doesn’t do well? Pakistan doesn’t do well even when Rizwan does well apparently
You keep constructing strawman arguments based on your one track agenda to undermine Babar and Rizwan using the most absurd logic

All the time while advocating for a man clearly past his prime to even play in the PSL. Sad.

Shaheen is not ready for PCT captaincy. He should have been groomed for a couple more years before being handed the reins.

He's the kind of bowler who would benefit a lot from having a senior bowler mentor in the side. Instead he's being forced into a role as mentor for even younger bowlers
Agreed

Imad should actually be the captain

Theirs no grooming him? It'll be like trying to groom my cat into loving the idea if giving it a bath?

You can groom players like naseem, Abdullah, saud, or really anyone who's mentally composed.

Shaheen is way too eccentric, he's an aggressive bowler but he's never gonna be captaincy material even if you have Dhoni or pointing coach him

no one forced him in to captaincy - he & Father-in-law planned & executed it & a captain is expected to mentor & guide all newcomers in the squad , right ?

no one forced him in to captaincy - he & Father-in-law planned & executed it & a captain is expected to mentor & guide all newcomers in the squad , right ?
It's a very stressful position tbf. Wasim was talking about it in the post match show. There is so much for a captain to do that he can't be drawn into pointless arguments like SSA did yesterday.

He might make a very good leader in the future but you have to mentor young blood so they can handle it. Can't just throw them into the fire and hoping they will adapt. It will work 1 in a hundred times and do a lot of damage the other 99 times to the player

As his swing with the ball gets less and less
the swing from his bat gets more and more

TMAuJHZ.png

The worst part is there is no ownership being taken from SSA and Aaquib Javed. They keep saying they won two titles and a lot of matches got over in the last over.

They didn't accept that LQ just buckled under pressure and some matches didn't even bother to show up. You have to take accountability

Funny to see LQ's RR in the powerplay (with Fakhar and Farhan) lower than KK's with Shan in there

EHcd9JK.png

It's a very stressful position tbf. Wasim was talking about it in the post match show. There is so much for a captain to do that he can't be drawn into pointless arguments like SSA did yesterday.

He might make a very good leader in the future but you have to mentor young blood so they can handle it. Can't just throw them into the fire and hoping they will adapt. It will work 1 in a hundred times and do a lot of damage the other 99 times to the player
mark my words , he will be a disaster as skipper - just wait till WC .ps - repeat he wanted this , was not thrown in to it !

Afridi is a brainless tool. He’s made captain exactly like Shahbaz shareef is made PM
Babar was made captain just like Imran Khan PM of Pakistan

That was the actual disastrous reign in Pakistan’s history

Saud Class

Some of his sixes this season have been sublime

Massive edge

Lack of strike rotation with Saud dotting up. Roy lost his flow

RRR creeping north of 9, but they have wickets in hand.

Just sayin' but a lot of people criticized that Rossouw & Ifti swap but its Multan that has benefited from the trade. Rossouw hasn't done much of anything with the bat while Ifti has been quite good and fills the toughest position/role in PSL, which is batting at 5/6.

Back