'Rahul Jinnah': BJP Darts Congress Over Muslim Appeasement; Shiv Sena Joins in

WebGuru

Senior ODI Player
Runs
Post of the Week
Sambit Patra said Rahul Gandhi can never be 'Rahul Savarkar' as Savarkar stood for 'patriotism, bravery and sacrifice' while the Congress leader is somebody who spoke what Pakistan said on issues like the citizenship bill.

New Delhi: Hitting back at Rahul Gandhi for his Savarkar jibe at the BJP, the ruling party on Saturday said a "more appropriate" name for the Congress leader is "Rahul Jinnah" as his "Muslim appeasement" politics makes him a worthy legatee of the Pakistan's founder.

Addressing the Congress' mega "Bharat Bachao Rally" at Ramlila grounds here, Gandhi had rejected the BJP's demand for an apology for his "rape in India" barb at the Modi government, saying his name was Rahul Gandhi not Rahul Savarkar, and that he will never apologise for speaking the truth.

Veer Savarkar is revered as Hindutva icon for the BJP but is accused by its rivals of tendering apologies to the British government to secure released from jail when India was under the colonial rule.

Targeting Gandhi, BJP spokesperson G V L Narasimha Rao said, "The more appropriate name for you Rahul Gandhi is RAHUL JINNAH. Your Muslim appeasement politics and mindset makes you a worthy legatee of Mohammad Ali Jinnah, not Savarkar."

Another party spokesperson Sambit Patra said Rahul Gandhi can never be 'Rahul Savarkar' as Savarkar stood for "patriotism, bravery and sacrifice" while the Congress leader is somebody who spoke what Pakistan said on issues like the citizenship bill, Article 370 and surgical strikes among others.

Amit Malviya, the BJP IT cell head, tweeted sarcastically that the former Congress president was right that he can never be Rahul Savarkar.

"For once Rahul Gandhi is right. He can never be 'Rahul Savarkar'. Veer Savarkar is a national icon, who has had a civilisational impact on India's polity and will continue to be revered for generations to come. 5 generation of Nehru-Gandhi family can't measure up to his legacy," he said.

Former Maharashtra chief minister also condemned Gandhi's statement, saying that he's "not even equal to Sarvarkar's nail".

BJP's former ally Shiv Sena also joined in, saying that there could not be any "compromise" about reverence for the Hindutva ideologue.

"Veer Savarkar is an idol of whole country and not just Maharashtra. The name Savarkar denotes pride about nation and self. Like Nehru and Gandhi, Savarkar too sacrificed his life for the country. Every such idol must be revered. There is no compromise on this," Sena leader Sanjay Raut tweeted.

Source: https://www.news18.com/news/politic...congress-over-muslim-appeasement-2424387.html

These jokers would relate everything and anything with Pakistan and Jinnah.

Lol why is this Savarkar fellow getting so much love these days :))

Lol why is this Savarkar fellow getting so much love these days :))
Because of sanghis who don't have anyone to be termed as a patriot and who took part in India's freedom struggle.

These jokers would relate everything and anything with Pakistan and Jinnah.
Because sanghis love Pakistan and hence invoke you guys even when it is least required. Basically it's their favourite pastime to hide all their governance failures.

And what's most funny here is that this guy used to be the biggest proponent of two-nation theory, something which sanghis never get tired of accusing Congress of.

But then, truthfulness and literacy have never been strong point of sanghis.

Not sure if Rahul meant it that way. But if he said his name is not Savarkar and therefore would not apologise, that's a killer line :))

In a fair world, Veer Savarkar would be on our currency notes and the posh areas in cities would be near VS Road. We have to give this great man his rightful place in history.

Yeah. Just watched it now. He says it immediately after saying he won't apologize. Brilliant.

That line likely lost Congress a large number of Maratha votes.

As long as RaGa is there, BJP wont need to find agendas to bash congress and win elections.

Thats what matters.

Is it normal for politics in India to revolve Jinnah and Pakistan? I don't think I have ever heard Gandhi being mentioned by any Pakistani politician but it seems like Jinnah/Pakistan are brought up every other day in India.

Is it normal for politics in India to revolve Jinnah and Pakistan? I don't think I have ever heard Gandhi being mentioned by any Pakistani politician but it seems like Jinnah/Pakistan are brought up every other day in India.

Hate driven, racist and bigoted politicians need a boogeyman to scare the masses, RSS/BJP will always need one.

Yeah. Just watched it now. He says it immediately after saying he won't apologize. Brilliant.
Yeah, he is much more smarter than he is given credit for. Unfortunately India media has been on payrolls of event manager barring some honourable exceptions. And
it's them who crown RG to be immature and what not.

In reality, event manager is absolutely clueless about every other matter except for begging for votes and lying.

Not sure if Rahul meant it that way. But if he said his name is not Savarkar and therefore would not apologise, that's a killer line :))

Most of his lines are killer anyway. But my personal favourite is - "Today I want to share something emotional. This morning, I got up in the night" :)))

The issue is...people considers him as a joke and dont take him seriously. He wanted to become PM...people slapped him so hard on 23rd May, that he lost Amethi too and ran away to Kerala :))

Anyway...yeh sab choro...manoranjan me koi kami reh gayi ho...to batao.

Most of his lines are killer anyway. But my personal favourite is - "Today I want to share something emotional. This morning, I got up in the night" :)))

It's ok if that line left you in the dark :smith Don't stress about it. You are not his target audience. Not that you could vote, even if you were.

Poor pappu. Doesn't have the aid of a teleprompter to call the wife of the SL Prez - M R S Sirisena.

The issue is...people considers him as a joke and dont take him seriously. He wanted to become PM...people slapped him so hard on 23rd May, that he lost Amethi too and ran away to Kerala :))
Yeah Kerala. That weird state. Modiji got chappaled so badly there and was so sore, Malayalam was the only language he refused to say 'All is Well' in, during his bawdy Howdy Modi event :)

...yeh sab choro...manoranjan me koi kami reh gayi ho...to batao.

English.... Do you speak it?

Instead of watching comedy shows I will watch politics and news channels.

Oh Qaid-E-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah, thank you so much for creating Pakistan and showing the world true Hindu extremism of RSS and their descendants, the BJP. I am so thankful we have Pakistan. Alhamdulillah!

Yeah, he is much more smarter than he is given credit for. Unfortunately India media has been on payrolls of event manager barring some honourable exceptions. And
it's them who crown RG to be immature and what not.

In reality, event manager is absolutely clueless about every other matter except for begging for votes and lying.

He is a terrible leaders single reason for fall of Congress.

Because of your constitution and demographics, both of which do not require such stuff, what is required is religion, there is a reason why Islamic history and Haj are important PR Imran does all that and can be done without publicizing but no..

If ever India becomes Hindu republic, RSS next target would be language(Hindi), similar to Pakistan and BD.. so you see BJP is still two steps behind of what Muslim League achieved and all other Indians are trying to counter but as Joshilla said 42% votes to BJP, we have 5 more years to correct it.

He is a terrible leaders single reason for fall of Congress.
Never talked about his leadership skills. Gandhis are singularly to be blamed for Congress' free fall.

Only commented about his IQ which is still more than event manager's which is a shame as we're led by someone (5+ yrs) who is clueless about everything. If not for his spin doctors, he is nothing....

Because of your constitution and demographics, both of which do not require such stuff, what is required is religion, there is a reason why Islamic history and Haj are important PR Imran does all that and can be done without publicizing but no..

If ever India becomes Hindu republic, RSS next target would be language(Hindi), similar to Pakistan and BD.. so you see BJP is still two steps behind of what Muslim League achieved and all other Indians are trying to counter but as Joshilla said 42% votes to BJP, we have 5 more years to correct it.

Imran isn’t promoting murder and marginalizing of other religions in Pakistan.

Never talked about his leadership skills. Gandhis are singularly to be blamed for Congress' free fall.

Only commented about his IQ which is still more than event manager's which is a shame as we're led by someone (5+ yrs) who is clueless about everything. If not for his spin doctors, he is nothing....

When Modi was CM of Gujrat, I used to think Shah is the Luca Brasi to godfather Modi, but it has been revealed that Shah is both the mind and muscle while Modi is a mask, and not a pretty mask.

Imran isn’t promoting murder and marginalizing of other religions in Pakistan.

Yes because no one to marginalize, Bengalis were marginalized , as I said BJP is trying to fulfill first step next step would be marginalizing people who don’t speak Hindi.. I don’t expect you to understand..

Also as i Said Imran and Modi will die what then..wheel wheel will turn but laws ..

Yes because no one to marginalize, Bengalis were marginalized , as I said BJP is trying to fulfill first step next step would be marginalizing people who don’t speak Hindi.. I don’t expect you to understand..

Also as i Said Imran and Modi will die what then..wheel wheel will turn but laws ..

The next in line is UCC and population control and anti conversion bill ( at least these are the top wishlist of the cadres). Hindi's statue quo will remain, imposition of hindi is not an ambition of the BJP.

When Modi was CM of Gujrat, I used to think Shah is the Luca Brasi to godfather Modi, but it has been revealed that Shah is both the mind and muscle while Modi is a mask, and not a pretty mask.
True.

As someone commented a while back,

When AB was the tallest leader of sanghis, the likes of Uma Bharti, Advani, Katiyar used to look like rabble rousers.

When Advani was the tallest leader of sanghis, likes of event manager & mota bhai were rioters in chief. And Advani looked like a saint.

When these 2 (event manager & mota bhai) are the tallest leaders of sanghis, likes of Pragya & Bisht look like terrorists. And these 2 look like a saint.

The progression just never stops happening...

Those who dread event manager in his current avatar, just wait & watch when mota bhai becomes our PM.

Back